• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
I liked it with Pokemon, personally :( But either way works for me! Though it'd be nice if you could link to a list of Pins in the RP because it's been forever since I played :B /and somehow it's also survived being sold one a many times

Edit: I just came up with this crazy idea that might just stay crazy.

You know how a lot of the events/contests in the Get-Togethers have something to do with one of the sections in the forum? Well, I was thinking that Roleplay Corner should have a contest as well, where entrants are to come up with the Story and Plot of a Roleplay based on a certain theme, and the judges or members can vote on the best one!

Idk though, it just suddenly popped into my head as I was thinking of ways to bring more potential RPers here :B I mean, we do have a decent amount of active RPers here already, but the more the merrier, right? :D

Ah, if you don't plan to make that RP for a few more weeks, I'd join :3 Unless you'd accept a late entry or something?

Also, to make that idea more... well, make more people want to do it, the gods of that little competition could pick out the best RP that was made, that RP could actually get turned into a RP, and it could get some amazing reward, like an emblem and a title saying "[Insert RP here] - Winner of the [Insert competition name here] 2011!!!!" or something... I dunno. SOMETHING!

...I'm thinking of some sort of RP to add to my 'Not gonna happen in the near future without out some organization miracle" list, some kinda fakemon RP. Except... rather than it being Pokemon, perhaps it could be some sort of... well, different RP, and they weren't called Pokemon, and didn't say their names... something of the sort... well, I'll restate this idea later when I can actually come up with a way to say it/more to say later.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
I'm considering starting a RP… I'll act at GM/DM (no PC for me I'll just run NPCs to drive the story) I had two ideas:

First is a weird twist on the standard Pokemon/human interaction. Basically a refugee ship with what might be the last of humanity find a habitable planet, and begin to colonize it in hopes of reviving the human race. The planet belongs to the Pokemon… a more primitive yet intelligent and magical race of hundreds of different species. The arrival of the humans is met with mixed feelings among the different Pokemon kingdoms. At the same time as the arrival of the humans there is a terrible plague that is infecting the Pokemon and rumors of the return of the Cursed… an ancient enemy created by the Pokemon themselves.

RPers will play as either humans or Pokemon and it will begin with the arrival of the humanity. It's up to the RPers how the interaction will go and it will influence the future conflicts…

----
Second has nothing to do with Pokemon…
It is the 31st Century and mankind has colonized hundreds of planets. The five great Houses of the Inner Sphere battle for dominance over the Inner Sphere, and war has erupted everywhere. The Succession Wars have brought wars to every realm. For a Mercenary where war is business, and business is good.

You are a member of a new Mercenary unit. Your character will have a choice to be any part of the Mercenary Command from cook to the Colonel in charge of the unit (this position must be applied for and only RP veterans will be allowed since you run the unit). As a unit you will strive for riches and greatness, but beware war is a dangerous business and most Mercenary commands meet a very gruesome end in this universe.

Mechs are a huge part of this RP and it's suggested you choose a Mechwarrior (but you don't have to). Mechs are biped and quad-ped war machines that weigh anywhere from 20-100 tons. Yes there are tanks, Aerotech fighters, Conventional fighters, VTOLs, and so forth and I will not force you to be a Mechwarrior but it is a huge part of this universe and they are titled Kings of the Battlefield for a reason. I will post Specifications of units and will give some general knowledge about weapons while allowing liberties. (I will dumb it down and try to assist in making the learning curve easy).

So either of these two ideas sound interesting? Questions, comments, feedback all welcome. Also these are rough drafts of the ideas... if I post the RPs there will be more details.

Last edited:

Blayze~

Looking for a Pair
Years
Alright so I'm making a new RP Called Fight for Teresius. It's a completely original idea of mine based on a story I started writing on DA. Some of the events I have planned for the story but I want to see if people find the plot interesting.

Spoiler:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I was sort of planning a RP that is based off another RP that my friend made long ago (with his permission of course) its still in progress sort of. xD

Spoiler:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Alright so I'm making a new RP Called Fight for Teresius. It's a completely original idea of mine based on a story I started writing on DA. Some of the events I have planned for the story but I want to see if people find the plot interesting.

Spoiler:

Prince CAIN=win!

:D :D :D :D

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Hey, since the Rate-my-RP thread doesn't exist anymore, I'd like to ask for crit on my latest RP, Hydroxylapatite Version!

Click Here.

I like the RP, but if you would have removed the extra types, and stats in Sophrosune itself, I would have joined. I liked the plot of Sophrosune quite a lot, but the stats and types didn't let me join >.< I liked the luck points system quite a lot too.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
(If this is what you meant) I did remove the stats from this RP, since I noticed stats drove a lot of people away from Sophrosune.

I tried to make this new Johto RP more "user-friendly," in a sense. The only thing I kept was the typing because I dislike the actual Pokemon types, pokemon like Paras and Abamsnow get screwed over with weaknesses.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
(If this is what you meant) I did remove the stats from this RP, since I noticed stats drove a lot of people away from Sophrosune.

I tried to make this new Johto RP more "user-friendly," in a sense. The only thing I kept was the typing because I dislike the actual Pokemon types, pokemon like Paras and Abamsnow get screwed over with weaknesses.

The only thing I'm just concerned with is the question of the freedom you'll let us have during the actual RP; RHCP suggested to me, in my own journey RP is that people want to make their own journey stories; which I can agree; it could get tedious writing specific stuff.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
The only thing I'm just concerned with is the question of the freedom you'll let us have during the actual RP; RHCP suggested to me, in my own journey RP is that people want to make their own journey stories; which I can agree; it could get tedious writing specific stuff.

Are you kidding? You guys will have all the freedom in the world! :D
I love reading fresh and creative stories, so I'd be pretty disappointed if you guys just did things by the book with no twists or turns.

How I GM is like this:

When you enter a new city/town/route/etc. I give a profile of sorts of it, telling how it's like (which you can of course expand on) and what Pokemon you can catch and battle. I don't even make NPC trainers for the place, so you're free to make your own. Occasionally, I'll write in an optional quest that can be done (you can make your own, too) that will result in you winning a prize. But if you don't want to do it, hey, you don't have to! (And certain side quests can only be taken by a certain number or people).

Where I kick up my judgment as GM is with Contests and Gyms, which I explain in the Main Thread.

Any more questions or comments? X3

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
Years
Are you kidding? You guys will have all the freedom in the world! :D
I love reading fresh and creative stories, so I'd be pretty disappointed if you guys just did things by the book with no twists or turns.

How I GM is like this:

When you enter a new city/town/route/etc. I give a profile of sorts of it, telling how it's like (which you can of course expand on) and what Pokemon you can catch and battle. I don't even make NPC trainers for the place, so you're free to make your own. Occasionally, I'll write in an optional quest that can be done (you can make your own, too) that will result in you winning a prize. But if you don't want to do it, hey, you don't have to! (And certain side quests can only be taken by a certain number or people).

Where I kick up my judgment as GM is with Contests and Gyms, which I explain in the Main Thread.

Any more questions or comments? X3

I hate my character. lol... It's too much like me. OTZ

Years

I actually like types the most. They were very interesting and I think they were the ones that mostly attributed to the creativity factor of Sophrosune (what a odd name x3)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I actually like types the most. They were very interesting and I think they were the ones that mostly attributed to the creativity factor of Sophrosune (what a odd name x3)

....I meant the real-life Pokemon types found in the games. I kept the Sophrosune types in favor of the actual pokemon types when making Hydroxylapatite Version.

:3

Super-Mudkipz

Lieker of Mudkipz
Years
Hello everybody, I have an idea for an RP, it is still a WIP, please give constructive criticism for the idea:

Crash to Treasure (Name WIP):

One hundred and twenty-five people boarded Flight Two-Forty-two not knowing how the flight will affect their lives forever, and ending many of them. That is only the beginning. While in the air over a unknown tropical island, the plane had all of it's four engines fail simultaneously, sending the plane on a crash course towards the island. The Captain of the plane had no control of the plane, losing control as it sped towards the island. The impact of dense trees and crunching against the Jungle floor brought and abrupt end to the flight. It seemed that no life remained on the plane, but eight passengers survived. Using common sense, it was the general consensus that the survivors would work together to signal their rescue. After three days, no help had come. Faced in their situation, the survivors decided to establish their new life on the island, and being ready for whatever comes their way.

Thoughts? Questions?

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I created my own Pokemon Journey RP based in the future of the Pokemon world, though technology isn't as advanced as you'd think because of some cataclysmic events that sort of set the plot up for the story.

If any of you're interested, check it out here!

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Hello everybody, I have an idea for an RP, it is still a WIP, please give constructive criticism for the idea:

Crash to Treasure (Name WIP):

One hundred and twenty-five people boarded Flight Two-Forty-two not knowing how the flight will affect their lives forever, and ending many of them. That is only the beginning. While in the air over a unknown tropical island, the plane had all of it's four engines fail simultaneously, sending the plane on a crash course towards the island. The Captain of the plane had no control of the plane, losing control as it sped towards the island. The impact of dense trees and crunching against the Jungle floor brought and abrupt end to the flight. It seemed that no life remained on the plane, but eight passengers survived. Using common sense, it was the general consensus that the survivors would work together to signal their rescue. After three days, no help had come. Faced in their situation, the survivors decided to establish their new life on the island, and being ready for whatever comes their way.

Thoughts? Questions?

Sounds close to a RP called Aurora Borealis (I hope I spelled it right) by Aura.Lucario/ -Nocturnal :3 Except, it had been based in the North Pole.

EDIT: And "A New Professor in Town" is Over.... It was an epic RP, lasting this long. Kudos to slls for getting the RP this far! :3

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
*raises glass in the air*

Here's to
slls81.

I think he made the longest RP probably ever made, in a new professor in town, and while I never participated in it, or even really spoken to the guy, you gotta respect how long this guy has been at it, and how long it's been around. Seeing it come to a end is quite something to witness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back