• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    His right leg is infact fatter, it's the angle I drew it at.

Anyways y'all, my first attempt at the new D/P trainer style.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid. No custom job this time kiddies, heavy edit.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
    Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    kaku thats actually pretty good for your first dp..
    see nick, i told you it wasnt a big deal.. it was meant to be that way..
    yeah, kaku did you make that from the blue haired dude in the trainer set from dp?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    The guy from Team Galaxy, I'm planning on doing some more MGS characters.

Thanks for the comment ^_^

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    yeah, no prob.. so what do you think i should work on.. like how do you go about rounding off the shading and working on dithering...?

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • lol, i can't do better but I just think that the angle, thickness, and decreased size from distance. Im not insulting it. Just a little CC.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Dream, C + C is a spriter's best friend, it;s the only reason I'm as good as I am. Even if the C + C seems pointless it;s well worth checking out what they're saying, it'll give you a better understanding of your audience.

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    yes yes, im not yelling at him for CC ing me, we've been having this conv. for like.. a week or so now about the leg.. before he thought the sprite was horrible cuzzuh the shading and porportions, i mean it wasnt that bad.. either way, im not trying to act out about it. Anyways, im gonna go take about an hour to work on Shadow.. il be back in a while with a couple new versions and a better default.. later all

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'll be looking forward to it :)

In other news I got a bit of an idea, do you reckon the staff would let us have one on one spriting duels? It's just an idea, and I'd rather know what others think before presenting it to Signomi or Amachi.

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    alright, now ive got it.. the newly revamped shadow.. i think it looks the same.. i changed the pallet a little and i worked on the shading, i also got rid of that bothersome double light source. here it is:

Spriters Showcase Thread

im not too thrilled with the outcome.. i cant figure out what to do next...
    and my brothers asleep in my room.. so im going to finish the other recolors of shadow when i go to bed.

Kaku, your spriting duel idea sounds amazing. im sure that it would be fine with amachi and signomi.. im all for it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    In other news I got a bit of an idea, do you reckon the staff would let us have one on one spriting duels? It's just an idea, and I'd rather know what others think before presenting it to Signomi or Amachi.
    heh, I saw the post concerning a challenge towards you, and I did think of a similar idea.

But yeah, I'd like to see what the other members think of the idea first, and how willing they are to participate.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I think that would be awesome to have spriting duels. I know we tried having them here a while ago, but it kinda fell through. =<

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    How so? :<

Wasn't there just not enough support for the duels, poor organisation, or was it just a combination of various factors?

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    yeah, itd be awesome, but itd also be a leetel.. well, hard to keep in check, i mean its all ok for fun, but at what point does it STOP?
    uhhh, you guys gwt what i mean? im all for it, if it gets done properly...
    but it might be best to do it someplace else. where you could say, really tear each other apart afterwards.
    i just think itll premote alot of bad blood in the spriting community is all?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Not at all Maz, if people can't accept loosing properly , and are abusive then they won;t be allowed to enter duels anymore. Simple.

I always thought it was 04 Fuz 0_o I remember there was one between me and Dark Pegasus.

Dream, you need to take up more space with the darker shade, the shadowing on the coat looks a little too straight, you also need to shade the right side of the coat in, but keep at it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    You should also remember to shade the body a bit more, since you've basically neglected to do that. Moreover, pokemon sprites never have a completely black outline.

Anywho, I'm gonna look around at other forums and see how the duels are organised elsewhere. Cause I like the idea, but not the troubles that may be associated with it.

I should have mentioned something to Signomi before about this ._.,

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Link removed
    Fine, Pixeltendo.

I know linking to other forums is against the rules, but they've being doing duels for ages, and there are some quite good ones there, there's also different forms of duels too, which is cool. There members have a lack of manners and no regard for the rules, so be warned whilst reading the threads there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Sorry, I can't over look these little things now ^^;

Let's just say its an affiliate of the Spriters Resource ^^;

But yeah, I've seen them once or twice, but unfortunately I've been banned from there. Apparently a hacker with a similar IP to mine was banned, so I was banned too ._.

I'll keep on looking though, but feel free to send any suggestions my way, either via this thread or via PM.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Sorry, I can't over look these little things now ^^;

Let's just say its an affiliate of the Spriters Resource ^^;

But yeah, I've seen them once or twice, but unfortunately I've been banned from there. Apparently a hacker with a similar IP to mine was banned, so I was banned too ._.

I'll keep on looking though, but feel free to send any suggestions my way, either via this thread or via PM.

I understand :)

You can use my account if you need to get in there, it's not like I regually go there these days.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Nah, it's my IP that's banned, not my account. Otherwise I'd get back on there in a flash XD

I think I'll try tomorrow arvo at school ;p

Y'know what? I don't ever remember actually seeing a conversation in here. Most people just post, maybe leave a bit of c+c, and run XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back