• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • styleWIP.png

Just something I've been working on for about 20 minutes or so.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
    Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    those vaporeon are very good recolors in general, but might i suggest using lighter colors, otherwise theres no reason to detail them.
    you really like the eevee evo. line, dont you? ive seen some of your posts before

in other news: i found quite an amusing picture on the net today.. i dont know if it really follows the theme were all going on right now, but still.. here:

osnap.jpg

Sprite

The one and only.
    Years
  • Thanks, and yes I do. =)
    I use the colors that someone posted on Serebii.net for beginning spriters. It was a tutorial. Anyways, here is my most recent one:

shadowdialga.png

EDIT: Funny pic!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    My good lady, recolours are nothing more than a quick exercise, rating them is silly as to be honest, you've only being clicking the flood fill tool over others work =/ I'm positive you can do better than that ^_^

Dream, that's very inappropriate, not only is it offensive to the late, great Crocodile hunter, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    The bulk of it was people talking about how it should be hosted, judged etc.
    I've being thinking about doing some isometric pixel art, anyone have any worthwhile tutorials/tips?

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    *sigh* i guess it was innapropriate, sorry about that folks. On the topic of spriting duels im still all for it, but your really going to need someone who will stay committed. i recomend kaku, if hes willing to take up the job.
    once more i apologize for the crocodile pic.. shouldve posted that in a different thread
    someone want to very simply explain what in god's name isometric pixel art is?
    appriciated :)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'd gladly make a main thread for it, I'm not sure how judging should be done though, maybe have 3 judges per duel? or leave it open to public vote?
    What do you lot think?

Oh dear, Joe, Cowrie I'm sorry, I did post about your work, but we hit a lil downtime and it seems my post never went through ^^; Anyways Cowrie, love the use of colours, you made some pretty nice effects there. Joe, make the head less of a hexagon :p

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    i think there should be max 3 judges.. public voting would get hectic.. everyne has different opinions.. newbs VS people that have been here for a year or more in the pixel threads.
    i dont see that turning out organized for some reason.
    btw i volunteer to be a judge if 1 you think i have the skills and 2. you go with the three judges idea

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    We should probably have a different batch of judges each time, maybe a judge application thread? Judges would of course have to undergo a test to prove themselves capable.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • I got bored and did this in like 15 minutes, all scratch and I know it needs work so just tell me and I'll work on it.
    Rock on!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Personally UF I quite like it, the fingers should probably be a little longer and the torso shading could use some work, as it looks cardboard like, but I think you have something there, keep up the good work!

Dream, the tests would only be to judge a few pieces of pixel work, depending on the reply, they become judges, or they don't.

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    Kaku:sounds like a pretty good idea to me, now would the results be "graded",if you will, on answer length and depth as well as accuracy? or just one of those two?

UF: i agree with kaku on mostly everything, it does look a bit flatish, so its gonna need some shading. if you were going for a real cartoonish look, then id say the fingers are fine, exept that they need a bit more shading.. i can barely tell you did any. also i advise you to make them longer to give them a human look if thats what you were going for. and for some reason, to me the torso looks a bit nudged to the right apart from the legs.

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • I have no clue how to shad that torso, it too me forever to figure out what to do, got any tips?
    And yeah I can make the fingers longer I'll give it some sprucing up

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    well, im no professional spriter like Kaku, so hed be better at tips. but id say get a darker shade of the base green you used on his shirt and shade the opposite end of where the lights coming from, then take a look at it zoomed out (i hope youve been zoomed in detailing like this, though it isnt necesary) and just keep working till it looks slightly like... well someone's torso might look

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Yeah I zoom in and out, I;m usually good at spriting like I made my own charaset for RPGMaker, but stuff like this isn't easy, but yeah I figured I needed another shade.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back