• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple mouse Starter selection

Years
Hi, I tried your script, but I was unable to pick the last pokemon(Squirtle). I was only able to pick the two first pokemon(Bulbasaur, Charmander) I'm I doing something wrong? (Sorry, I had to delete the link since I haven't posted 15 times yet).
I know that this is quite late but i just found this post today. I fixed Venom12's version for regular Pokemon Essentials. This will allow you to chose the squirtle as well. also this will ask you to confirm your choice

Spoiler:

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
How would you do the following though, with all of KGC's updates? Thanks for that by the way.

Player picks starter, rival picks accordingly.

I'm not good with Variables in RGSS. Someone wants to help? KCG?

Years
How would you do the following though, with all of KGC's updates? Thanks for that by the way.

Player picks starter, rival picks accordingly.

It stores which pokemon (1,2,3) you picked in $game_variables[7]

From that it would just be a simple selection statement to determine which pokemon your rival should get.

Years
It stores which pokemon (1,2,3) you picked in $game_variables[7]

From that it would just be a simple selection statement to determine which pokemon your rival should get.

you will also have to have each rival trainer set up in the trainers.txt file. then your event should look something like this
edXHVgM.png
you wont need the script or the control switch though as those are only in my game and most likely not in yours

EDIT: this event would be used when you battle your rival for the first time, this is how my trainers.txt looks for example :
lUGYJWS.png

This part of the wiki also explains setting up a rival : http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Rival

Last edited:

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
Years
Cool thanks a lot guys. Really appreciated the jelp. Also, KGC what are the refresh_sprite script statements for? And this does work for 14?

Years
Cool thanks a lot guys. Really appreciated the jelp. Also, KGC what are the refresh_sprite script statements for? And this does work for 14?

Literally just refreshes the sprites of dependent events you have. In this case I'm assuming it is for the pokemon following script, to get the sprite to change to the pokemon you just obtained since you didn't have any before.

Years
Literally just refreshes the sprites of dependent events you have. In this case I'm assuming it is for the pokemon following script, to get the sprite to change to the pokemon you just obtained since you didn't have any before.

yep i have the pokemon following script as well as FL's hud so those are the refresh scripts

Back