• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was the most tedious pokemon for you to breed?

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
Years
  • Every Pokemon to me is tedious to breed because of how much I have to bike around (after main story) because I have nothing else but breeding to do, and there is only 1 daycare.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Nidoking... for obvious reasons. 50% of getting everything you want BUT get the wrong SPECIES!

Seriously, the whole family is a headache.
    I had a real easy time on this one. Got both the Female and the Male Nidorans with the correct IVs and Nature after 10 eggs. I cried tears of joy.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
  • For me personally, I'd have to say a foongus.
    I'm trying to get a bold natured foongus and i've filled 3 boxes and ive yet to hatch one :(

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Shiny Charizard, timid with the right IV's

I got a shiny charizard by accident when breeding my Jolly Charizard for a mega X variant but I wanted a shiny for my Y mega variant instead and I hate to think how many eggs so far and not a thing.

Years
  • Hands down it was hatching a 5IV Pupitar. XC Took me days to finally get it. THANKFULLY I didn't have to worry about a HA or anything. But dang, took me so long. And with how long it takes one egg to hatch. XC

Years
  • right now been breeding a zorua, finally got the right nature being passed down, with some help I've got a female with 4 perfect IV and a male with 5, waiting on a perfect 6 now to be hatched, really need the speed slot what i seem to be getting the least

GoldLuxray

Intermediately Experienced Player
    Years
  • For me it has to be when I bred my infernape. Trying to keep Iron Fist HA, and remembering to not let thunderpunch slip away, trying for 5IVs

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Ive recently finished my breeding project, it made me hate life
    9 Eevees as follows
    Eevee - Female - HA - Jolly - 31/31/31/x/31/31 - Premier Ball
    Vaporeon - Female - HA - Modest - 31/x/31/31/31/31 - Dive Ball - Wish (egg move)
    Jolteon - Male - HA - Timid - 31/x/31/31/31/31 - Quick Ball
    Flareon - Male - HA - Adamant - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Repeat Ball
    Espeon - Female - HA - Modest - 31/x/31/31/31/31 - Dream Ball
    Umbreon - Male - Careful - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Luxury Ball
    Leafeon - Female - Adamant - 31/31/31/31/31/31 - Nest Ball - (trying for HA but decided I could live with 6IV instead)
    Glaceon - Male - Modest - 31/x/31/31/31/31 - Net Ball
    Sylveon - Female - HA - Modest - 31/x/31/31/31/31 - Heal Ball

This took over 1000 eevees, I hadnt decided which ball I wanted each eevee in, so I caught Female HA eevees using dexnav in each type of pokeball, (approx 300-350 eevees to find the Females with HA) - then had to breed them, to get to 5-6IV and only the females could be used so I could keep the pokeball, I finished with 26 boxes of Eevees and I had started releasing them as eggs hatched.

This, is the single worst breeding project ive taken on. And I have female 4 egg move pokemon that I bred myself

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • My first Marill breed. I didn't know the mechanics, and learned by trial and error. In addition, I didn't use any outside resources, relying solely on Pokémon I caught in the wild, or hatched myself from the Daycare.

It stank. I went through more than 300 Pokémon -- be it random encounters, or the dozens of eggs that I hatched...

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Any Pokémon with high Egg Cycles are pain to hatch, Flame Body/Magma Armor and Hatching Power Lv.3 helps, but obviously not enough.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2015
    Riolu & Pichu were painful for me.... also getting a 6IV Bagon took me forever especially with the amount of steps it needs to hatch >.> even with flame body it takes forever.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2015
    I usually have pretty good luck. It didn't take that long for me to get a 6 IV Eevee.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • The most tedious breeding project for me was possibly my very first one (which thankfully I started in Y; would've gone mad without Destiny Knot). I was overseas for a bit without an Internet connection, so to begin my first ever proper project, I had to PokeRadar chain for Dittos. The highest I got was 3IV. I wanted the perfect Aegislash, so I got a Honedge and starting breeding...and breeding...and more breeding. The whole process itself took about a month, just constantly hatching eggs everyday all day. I was finally rewarded with 2 5IV Brave females and 2 6IV Brave males (frustratingly enough they were all together in my last group eggs that I had hatched). Now that I got my hands on a 6IV Ditto, thank Arceus I never have to go back to those dark days again...
    EDIT: When I say 5IV/6IV, I mean 31 in all stats except speed, which was 0 (for a slow Aegislash).

GilliTheFabulous

Shiny Hunter, Collector, and Breeder
    Years
  • The most tedious breeding project for me has to be my shiny competitive Smeargle hunt. I still haven't found it yet...

I first off had to get a Smeargle which before I went and completed the pokedex, I didn't have. So I had a friend trade me one. It, of course, had terrible IVs. And since they are not available in OR/AS, I couldn't dex nav chain for a good one. So that was part one.

Part two was obtaining a good IV foreign ditto. I was lucky enough to have someone trade me a 6iv japanese one. Have I mentioned that I love that person? I love that person. If I didn't get that lucky, I would've been even more upset than I am now. You know how high priced those GTS trades are...

Part 3 was the breeding part. I think I have gone through....I don't even know how many eggs. It took me ages, I filled up my pc twice...TWICE.

Why must my luck be so bad? T.T

Years
  • Breeding my 5IV physical (with volt tackle + Adamant nature) Raichu was NOT fun i love the pokemon hate the hassle it takes to get a good one.

Back