• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was the most tedious pokemon for you to breed?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
For me, I'm still hatching for a Female Eevee with perfect IVs and Hidden Ability for Sylveon.

The ones with the higher male ratio while looking for a female are usually the most tedious pokemon for me to breed. x.x

What about you guys? You have any experience spending countless hours or even days (like me) hatching the right one?

Last edited:

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
Years
breeding genderless pokemon such as Golett, Rotom, Lunatone & solrock with a couple of 2-3iv ditto. It took me ages to get them to reach 5ivs.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Eevee is def one of them. I spent probably hours trying to breed a female Eevee with the right nature. All the Eeveelutions look feminine to me so I just can't use a male one (weird hang up I know.) Since the percentage of female Eevees are so low it took forever to get one just right.

This happened a lot with Torchic too, although I didn't breed it. I would always save my game in RSE right before I got to pick my starter because I had to have a female Torchic when I played. So much resetting omg.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This is about the games so it would go better in the gaming areas of PC than in Pokémon General :3 However... Breeding is mostly discussed in the Trade Corner so I'm taking a chance and hoping the most interested people will see it if I toss this over there!

-moved

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
The most tedious things I've ever bred were Riolu, Elekid, and Magby. Especially Elekid and Magby; I wanted HA for those two and they needed about twice as many levels as Riolu to evolve. Low female % + needing to level to evolve made the process fairly slow and annoying.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Mine was togepi. It's something very similar to Keiran's answer. This was before bank was out, that made it harder and more tedious. The low female ratio plus togepi not being able to breed, thus having to evolve it via happiness, made it the most tedious breeding project I've done.

Years
Easy: 5IV HA Sableye. Every time I got 31/xx/31/31/31/31 like I needed, it didn't have the HA Prankster... I stayed up until 7am after a day of breeding and still couldn't get it. Got it the next day though.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Easy: 5IV HA Sableye. Every time I got 31/xx/31/31/31/31 like I needed, it didn't have the HA Prankster... I stayed up until 7am after a day of breeding and still couldn't get it. Got it the next day though.

Oh man, I love the feeling of getting "the one". I'll break down to my happy dance and start congratulating myself. xD

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The few times I bred something in Gen. V, just trying to get a female starter - forget the IVs and nature - was the most tedious thing of all. 18 Charmanders to get one female for a trade. 1/8? Ha!

I've started breeding recently in Gen. VI and haven't had too many tedious things so far. But I haven't done starters yet, and have a perfect Ditto, so...

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Torchic, Magby, Elekid.

Low female rates (12,50%) and I need HA, so even more difficult.

Then all have four Egg Moves on top of that, so it was four rounds of trying to get a female with HA just to keep the Egg Moves flowing.

Then with IVs, there were a few rounds of 3IV, 4IV, and finally 5IV where I also had to keep female and HA. I got a bunch of perfect 6IV males before I got a 5IV HA female. It was so frustrating lol

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Torchic, Magby, Elekid.

Low female rates (12,50%) and I need HA, so even more difficult.

Then all have four Egg Moves on top of that, so it was four rounds of trying to get a female with HA just to keep the Egg Moves flowing.

Then with IVs, there were a few rounds of 3IV, 4IV, and finally 5IV where I also had to keep female and HA. I got a bunch of perfect 6IV males before I got a 5IV HA female. It was so frustrating lol
This could be the case with the four Egg Move female Charmander, with Solar Power, that I received as well. It seems like the amount of effort to do that is the same. I tip my hat to you for your efforts with non-starters.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 19, 2022
HA Bold Slowbro/Slowpoke

The process of getting a pokemon with Sweet Scent (I feel like that isn't even what its called, the thing that makes hordes happen), surfing to that small patch of grass where Hordes of Slowpoke are (in Azure Den). Then I needed a pokemon with the move Role Play to see if what pokemon have Regenerator which meant I had to catch a Frogidear(which took 22 Poke Balls where it was at 1HP...) and evole it then go the move relearner to teach the Greninja Role Play. Then it took minutes to wait for 5 pokemon to attack while I am behind a Sub using Role Play on each Slowpoke.

Not only was getting a Bold Nature HA take ages while breeding to then have to go through the process of getting 5IVs too... I still haven't got this far because I stopped caring half way through... this was the most tedious I have dealt with so far.

Years
That's a good question. I may have had to go through worse, but one I can think of was in Heart Gold, back in September 2012 while I was trying to breed a Gible with Outrage. This was like three weeks before BW2 released. I wanted a male one with a Jolly nature, because I thought that would be helpful to pass on with other Dragon/Monster Egg group stuff. I had to reset to 13 Gible before I was on a male with a Jolly nature. I went through quite a few before getting a good one with 31 Attack/Speed.

Funnily enough, when I was breeding for Deino in White 2 less than two months later, once I had the proper parents I got a good one on the VERY FIRST EGG (27/19/30/31/31/31). That was quite something.

Again, i'm sure i've had harder times breeding, but that's one that comes to mind for me.

Snoochey

Advanced Trader
Years
I had to breed a 5 perfect IV Female Torchic with HA for someone. I bred two or three 6 IVs in the process (all male) but they wanted a female for breeding purposes and it took me roughly 400 eggs before I got it right. That was when I was using 3 IV dittos. I now have a lot of 6 IV JPN dittos so it's no problem to breed now.

Years
Definitely Riolu... That gender ratio is just awful. Every time I got a Female, it had 2 or 3 IVs, and no HA.

Not to mention I had to stuff it full of berries once I did get a good one.(I figured it would be faster than biking around with a Soothe Bell)
Aaand so whenever I took a break from breeding I had to do berry farming so I could have more Happiness-raising berries. It nearly drove me insane. @_@

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Definitely Riolu... That gender ratio is just awful. Every time I got a Female, it had 2 or 3 IVs, and no HA.

Not to mention I had to stuff it full of berries once I did get a good one.(I figured it would be faster than biking around with a Soothe Bell)
Aaand so whenever I took a break from breeding I had to do berry farming so I could have more Happiness-raising berries. It nearly drove me insane. @_@
This actually is partially solved now. First, there are so many Berry fields in a central location that it's impossible NOT to have a lot of Berries. Second, Pokémon friendliness by walking is extremely enhanced; I had an Igglybuff and a Cleffa both evolving after one battle, and all I did was have each walk with me while popping Eggs for a breeding experiment (one was with me for each set). Being able to then WT all the rejects for more breeding stuff makes it even more fun, and my rejects might either be good team members or good breeding stock themselves over there. :)

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
Anything that needs a Hidden Power.
HP Fire Venusaur was obnoxiously tedious. First, I bred a 5IV Chlorophyll Bulbasaur with Giga Drain (already difficult) and then had to go to the trouble of getting 30's in certain stats. It became so annoying that I went ahead and RNG'd a wild HP Fire Cottonee in Black before Banking it across.

And then CHECKING it was a drag, too. I had to first confirm its ability was Clorophyll. Then I jumped across to Kiloude's IV Checker (Thank god he exists) to check it had the three perfect IVs necessary, then jump to Anistar City to confirm it had the right Hidden Power (TOO MANY had HP Dragon) and finally, I had to take those that passed all prior checks into the Battle Institute one at a time and use Serebii's IV calculator to check the rest of the IVs were correct. And I had several batches that failed at the very last stage.

Ugh.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Cue the masochism. I'm taking a crack at Eevees today.

I was rewarded with a Shiny on Egg #15 (the first one hatched). I wasn't looking as it hatched, reading something on here, then I looked at the screen as I went to tap the B button to cancel nicknaming. Before I hit the button, I did a double-take. "Is Eevee usually this white?" I thought. I hatched the next one and heypresto, it was a normal one.

Talk about lucky.

I didn't have a single female in the batch, however. I am attempting a Calm Eevee with Anticipation and an Egg Move, so I need at least two females, preferably 5IV. Going 0/18 on the first crack wasn't good, but I found that Anticipation was being passed on very well for a male Eevee (10/17 through the Ditto, not including the Shiny - which also has it, but was also the only 1IV in the batch - go figure). Three 5IV Eevee came out of the batch, which I accepted as a good starting point. If I can now get just one female Eevee, with at least 4IVs, I can proceed with breeding nature from the Tauros I have on standby (now that's a load of bull).

UPDATE: I now have 42 male Eevees. I have 0 females. 12.5% female my Ash. And not even a single Calm one in the batch. I mean, at least that would SAVE me a step.

UPDATE: No replies since, so I'll edit. The 49th Egg turned out to be my first female. The 54th Egg turned out to be the exact female I was trying to end up with (nature as well), so the Bouffalant I pulled aside basically got some exploration time and not much else. I immediately fetched some Munna and chose an HP one to cover the female's weakness (00/31/31/31/31/31). The breeding didn't go so well; unlike the first round where I got three 5IV males instead of a female, and swapped one in, I got only one 5IV and six 4IVs in this batch of 24 (and I had eight 1s to choose from; last time, I had six). Ironically, no females, but this doesn't surprise me any longer. The good news is I shared two Egg Moves, so these are store quality Eevee that I'm producing. I'm happy about that!

I've made the executive decision to run another batch using this male since the Egg Moves still ought to pass down. After this run, I should be successful and ready to trade. This will also provide good store material one day too, but that's for another discussion.

Last edited:

DarkIllumination

The one in the darkness
Years
I have been breeding charmander after charmander for a shiny one and my boxes are full of charmanders and I good friend traded me one after that I been trying to hatch different shinies no luck so far.

Back