• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I already answered this. Please, just read like 10 posts before yours.

I took my day to search the thread for the answer, but could not find it. I would like a brief recommendation, not just simple answers like ''Trainers and Wild Pokemon''. I already finished Iron Hollow, Clearwater Pond and a bunch of randoms. Probably the Ruins of Kala is the only thing left before more routes are created. (I chose to skip New Bora due to the bugs)

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    hello can you tell me where to go next.

i just defeated the lethean city's gym leader.
    i have this sidequest i think, about eevee.
    and i don't know where to get that canal ticket + the science centre quest i'm seeing here.

plus, i'm done with the ruins of kola thing, the gym leader gave me an orb..
    thanks, you're game is awesome btw!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2018
    If you did everything Prixy said, it is working, you just think it doesn't work because you're only seeing the titlescreen which remains unchanged. =P

------

I have almost everything finished for Version 3 now, guys! Like you already know, I've been having some major trouble with the world-map and titlescreen. The script for the quest log is annoying me too, because really I'd be better off waiting until later to do it so I don't need to keep re-scripting it all the time when I add new quests.
    Would you all mind terribly if V3 was released without these things sooner, or would you rather wait an indefinite amount of time until the title-screen, world map and quest logs are finished? I personally wouldn't mind the first option, but I decided to ask and go for the majority vote since I'm really not dealing with the comments about the lack of these things too well =P

Title screen and world map isn't that important for me. Quest log is a good idea but i think the story matters more than those side things.

In my opinion you can release it without those things :). I can't wait. :D

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hi, guys...

Some slightly concerning news, I've just accidentally corrupted the rom I was working on for some unknown reason... I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I've literally wrecked it. The good news is I have a back-up... but the bad news it it was from TEN days ago, and although I saved some of my longer scripts, some of my other ones and other work has been lost =(. I was hoping to have V3 out by the last week of the month, but it looks like the start of Oct is more realistic now. Sorry about the wait...

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2022
    Hi, guys...

Some slightly concerning news, I've just accidentally corrupted the rom I was working on for some unknown reason... I'm not sure what I did wrong, but I've literally wrecked it. The good news is I have a back-up... but the bad news it it was from TEN days ago, and although I saved some of my longer scripts, some of my other ones and other work has been lost =(. I was hoping to have V3 out by the last week of the month, but it looks like the start of Oct is more realistic now. Sorry about the wait...

Hi I just saw the hack post, after reading the description i was mind blown like what awesomeness
    but on top of it , it was written that the hack is on hiatus, but your post above says you are back on it, so just wanted to ask, are you back working on it?

Thanks

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    It's still being worked on! =) I'm aiming to have V3 released by the end of September or start of October... at the very latest! =P

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    is it possible to have multiple careers at the same time? like researcher and gang member

Yes, actually! You can do almost all of them with one another, albeit criminal and seeker. Those two are the only ones that can't be done at the same time, I believe. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Years
  • Btw, Im still looking for that berry required for the breeding career.
    I know you can get it from the pokemon you can buy from the thief at the start of the game, but I didn't buy it.
    Avara said there's another way to get the berry but I haven't found it yet, maybe one of you guys know it?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Btw, Im still looking for that berry required for the breeding career.
    I know you can get it from the pokemon you can buy from the thief at the start of the game, but I didn't buy it.
    Avara said there's another way to get the berry but I haven't found it yet, maybe one of you guys know it?

Just wait for V3 to come out. V2 only had one Breeding mission anyway, so it wasn't really all that great =P

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Well, I suppose i'm going to wait for V3 then, can't wait to beat the leaque thingy, I hope you didn't make it an easy challenge!

It definitely won't be, I hope! I am really struggling on finalising actual Pokemon parties for the trainers though... Trying to make sure each opponent uses a different strategy or types than the last is proving to be a bit of a challenge.

Just a quick question: Will V3 be save game compatible or not with V2?
    My guess is no :C I ask because me and a friend are doing a coop LP lol

You can definitely use your V2 save, although I've added more events to the earlier sections of the game which might be underleveled to you which is really the only thing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    ive been enjoying the hack so far but i hit a snag. i am at the point where i could go to either iron hollow or lethean city and i have no idea how to get to lethean city. the villa exit is blocked off by a line of guards. i guess i could go to iron hollow first but there is no guarantee i can get to lethean city from there either.

Years
  • It definitely won't be, I hope! I am really struggling on finalising actual Pokemon parties for the trainers though... Trying to make sure each opponent uses a different strategy or types than the last is proving to be a bit of a challenge.

You could look up some all-round competitive teams on internet forums, maybe you get some ideas from it. :)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thanks Lucra, I hadn't thought of that! I'll give that a try =)

---*ANNOUNCEMENT*---

I just wanted to make a post with a bit of a... disclaimer, I guess?
    The last time there was a round of beta testing, more than half the people didnt even get back to me with bug lists ect. Then there have been people whove been beta testing MoT from the start and have been really awesome (you know who you are!) so I definitely know it wouldnt of been any of those people. Basically someone has made a TESTING patch public, on DataFileHost somewhere I believe. So basically, if you see a link to "Mirage Of Tales Version 3" anywhere online that doesn't match the link on this thread or the website, DON'T download it, because there will be bugs and many unfinished things that won't be present in the ACTUAL version of V3 which hasn't even been released yet. Anyways just wanted to let you guys know so that nobody gets confused =)

And, damn you, person who leaked the patch... LOL

Back