• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    I may be a bit late but I like what you guys did with the Beta place. I'd sign up for a plot beta but unfortunately I don't have enough examples >_> (yes, that's right, I can't find two measly examples)
    It's okay, Gumdrops. I know how you feel.

I just looked at the Beta Thread, and read what would have to be posted to become a beta. I would fail at that part. It's been many many months since I reviewed a story in a critical way. I probably haven't done so since November of last year at least. XD

As for examples of writing, only one of my posted fics has a plot, and what's been posted of that is one chapter.

purple_drakebobandbill takes all the credit for the Beta Thread. XD He runs the entire thing mainly. I just stickied the thread.

But if you want someone to help you out with your plot, Gumdrops, I'm always available to listen to anything. So if you want an opinion on what you're thinking of, or just to bounce ideas off of, or get some help, I'm just a PM away. ^^

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    Good News:

I actually did some writing today!

Bad News:

It wasn't my Fan Fiction, it was still something for here though.
    My inspiration got stopped before it reached 10 minutes *coughParentscough*
    The only other writing I got to do was for a Book Report, 250 word minimum, 1 page, Double Spaced paper (Ha! I got 480 words and 1 and 1/2 pages!)

So I can force myself to get the ball rolling in the future now, but finding the time is the tough part.
    Going back to school tomorrow...(Long No-School Weekend)
    G2G, later.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • At the risk of shamelessly advertising, I gave the FFL orgy another place to hang out. (The way I see it she's more likely to stay if we sacrifice life-sized cardboard cutouts of Andrew Wiggin to her. Which means less of a likelihood we end up setting those curtains on fire again.)

Back on topic, congrats on the inspiration, Blue Angel. I hope you didn't lose it thereafter. O_o

Hey, out of curiosity, I know we're two months ahead, but is anyone planning on sacrificing their souls to the gods of chaos doing NaNoWriMo this year?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    What? What? I heard something about Andrew Wiggin. *runs around searching in all corners of the thread* Andy! Oh, Andy! I'm perfectly willing to watch you with your husband! *skips around* I want some yaoi, dangit.

Oh. Right. *stuffs fanfic back into pocket*

Hey, out of curiosity, I know we're two months ahead, but is anyone planning on sacrificing their souls to the gods of chaos doing NaNoWriMo this year?
    I'm not going to participate. I have four stories I want to get some work on, so I'm going to focus on all four of those that month to get somewhere on them.

Two of them involve a certain Andrew. 8D

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
  • Hey, out of curiosity, I know we're two months ahead, but is anyone planning on sacrificing their souls to the gods of chaos doing NaNoWriMo this year?

At this point, yes.

Bay

Years
  • Joined in the club. ;)

Hm, maybe. There's this "Nothing, Everything" spinoff I've been thinking of doing after I get at least Chapter 17 revised and posted. The idea for the spinoff was inspired by news of Platinum...

Speaking of Platinum, more news of it is already coming and some of it might inspire more of that spinoff. XD

Last edited:

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    Joined in the club. ;)

Hm, maybe. There's this "Nothing, Everything" spinoff I've been thinking of doing after I get at least Chapter 17 revised and posted. The idea for the spinoff was inspired by news of Platinum...

Speaking of Platinum, more news of it is already coming and some of it might inspire more of that spinoff. XD

With how late the work on my story is taking, I might buy the game, play it, and get my story based off of Platinum instead of Diamond.

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
    Years
  • Hey, out of curiosity, I know we're two months ahead, but is anyone planning on sacrificing their souls to the gods of chaos doing NaNoWriMo this year?

Oh, me! I've never done it before and really want to give it a try. I'm pretty excited because a number of people I know on livejournal are going to be doing it too. I just hope I'm ready...

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

Nah, I'll do what I did the last time NaNoWriMo came around; watch people complain and update daily on their progress. It's much more fun.

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
    Years

I have no idea what NaNoWriMo is, so if anyone would like to tell me it would be nice.
    But, I have another question.

What is the most gruesome thing you have ever written?

I don't have much in gruesomeness, so I would have to say mutation is as far as I have gone.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I have no idea what NaNoWriMo is, so if anyone would like to tell me it would be nice.

National Novel Writing Month. Basically, you sit down, and you write at least fifty thousand words in thirty days for fun. (And, uh, to experience what published novelists experience. *nods*) As in, no, you don't get a prize for finishing (except a banner/icon and bragging rights).

Well, mostly, the death scenes in the latest chapter of Midsummer Knights, with throats getting ripped out by Pokemon. (And the one in the prologue where a nameless girl gets shot in the back of the head.)

There's also a transformation scene in my current fic project that involves the victim's skin falling off. Originally, this was told in great detail (with the victim ripping his own skin off), but in the current version, it's only mentioned briefly. And adds in a surgeon's hand being lopped off instead.

Basically, I write violent scenes, yep. Some have reasons behind them (such as the transformation fic and the fact that I need to shock Viola for this long-overdue chapter). Others are just because I'm a sick person.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    No, it's stress I don't need, especially in November.

DP479 doesn't do gruesome. The only death scenes in my fic involved (a) cyanide suicide pills and (b) spontaneously combusting uber Shadow Pokemon.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2011

I fantasized...but realistically? It's just not gonna happen. xD I mean, that would mean putting off the already-put-off fics I have running, just to work furiously on something that is going to start as a molehill and become a mountain. Maybe next year, if my timing is right, I can do the sequel to Fuega...or one of the Delta stories...

Uh, I haven't gotten to the gruesome parts of Fuega yet. The scene where she rips apart Zangoose is probably the bloddiest scene so far, but it's not done in great detail because she's not really seeing it...in a trance of bloodlust...

-cough- Fanfics aside, the most gruesome thing I've ever written was a (two-page o//O) RP post...and I was playing as Fuega. ^^; She killed a Manectric, with much fire and blood.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • What is the most gruesome thing you have ever written?

None of my scenes are particularly "gruesome," but I did kill off every last Mew within the first few paragraphs of my main fic. I personally don't aim to make scenes as graphic as I can, I think too much of it can detract from the story.

Bay

Years
    There's two scenes from "Nothing, Everything", actually, and both spoilers...

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    I think in one edition of my OT fic, an Ursaring ripped apart its trainer limb from limb during a tournament. I completely forgot how descriptive it was, but I know there was something.

Aside from that, I apparently don't do gruesome, which shocks me. But I guess some of my fandoms are gruesome enough without needing help with fanfics.

Negrek

Am I more than you bargained for yet?
    Years
    Probably the one-shot I wrote for Serebii's old contest a couple of years back. Various people ended up killing themselves in unusual ways. It's not as gruesome as the one-shot I was going to enter but never finished, though, which involved stuff like pokémon getting torn apart, people getting eaten by ariados, and so on.

I actually feel like re-reading that one, now.

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016

I don't write gruesome where I can help it. I guess that I can help it quite a lot, because I have never ever written a gruesome scene(or none come to mind).

I've read a few, but in reading, unless I know it is a rarity and will not play a major part in the story. I find gruesome scenes at the very beginning of a story, a huge turn-off.
    Which may explain why most of what I write are turn-ons
    That was what I managed to work on yesterday...

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Well, I won last year, so I'll be able to say that I've done it even if I don't participate now. I'd like to participate again, but I'm just not sure what to write - there's this fantasy story I want to work on but I'm not even sure what language to write that in, and there are several background characters in The Quest for the Legends whose journeys I've toyed with the idea of writing about for the hell of it, but none of them are quite as interesting to me as the Scyther stories that I wrote the past two years. :/ Then again, I could also go with trying to finish one of my old pieces that I've been too lazy to pick up again, such as The Type Chart (a Pokémon/The Matrix crossover parody). So many choices!

Let's see. When I was a kid I made up a whole bunch of little stories I never wrote about random innocent people being executed in painfully elaborate and torturous ways by evil kings, and many others involving painfully elaborate and torturous executions in other contexts. There was one in which the evil king was instructing a servant to go out, kill a particular made-up animal in a particular way and do this and that with this and that internal organ in order to make a medicine; that was pretty gruesome as well, even though it was just the king's description of what he was supposed to do.

If that stuff doesn't count, then I wrote a one-shot about a trainer who accidentally murders Mew and a one-shot about a trainer who catches Suicune and is then chased down and killed by Raikou, but those weren't particularly gruesomely described; then there's Chains, in which a starving, dying Mewtwo is hanging in a crucified position inside a secured chamber in a lab in order to prevent him from unleashing his power, and that one had some descriptions of bloodied wrists and countable ribs.

Now, then you have the prologue of The Quest for the Legends, which involves a bunch of body parts splattered around all over the place but is not described in much detail aside from a severed head with one eye a bloodied pulp and the other missing altogether. And then we have Scyther's Story and The Fall of a Leader, the former containing a bunch of self-mutilation scenes and a Scyther murdering a human kid as well as later being run through with an enormous fang and killed, and the latter containing rituals involving splattering infants with blood, several throat-slittings, and the line, "It screamed until I'd torn its lungs apart."

Take your pick. Actually none of this is described in a very gory way as I don't like wallowing in splattered intestines, but there's a whole bunch of blood.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    Well, I won last year, so I'll be able to say that I've done it even if I don't participate now. I'd like to participate again, but I'm just not sure what to write - there's this fantasy story I want to work on but I'm not even sure what language to write that in, and there are several background characters in The Quest for the Legends whose journeys I've toyed with the idea of writing about for the hell of it, but none of them are quite as interesting to me as the Scyther stories that I wrote the past two years. :/ Then again, I could also go with trying to finish one of my old pieces that I've been too lazy to pick up again, such as The Type Chart (a Pokémon/The Matrix crossover parody). So many choices!

Let's see. When I was a kid I made up a whole bunch of little stories I never wrote about random innocent people being executed in painfully elaborate and torturous ways by evil kings, and many others involving painfully elaborate and torturous executions in other contexts. There was one in which the evil king was instructing a servant to go out, kill a particular made-up animal in a particular way and do this and that with this and that internal organ in order to make a medicine; that was pretty gruesome as well, even though it was just the king's description of what he was supposed to do.

If that stuff doesn't count, then I wrote a one-shot about a trainer who accidentally murders Mew and a one-shot about a trainer who catches Suicune and is then chased down and killed by Raikou, but those weren't particularly gruesomely described; then there's Chains, in which a starving, dying Mewtwo is hanging in a crucified position inside a secured chamber in a lab in order to prevent him from unleashing his power, and that one had some descriptions of bloodied wrists and countable ribs.

Now, then you have the prologue of The Quest for the Legends, which involves a bunch of body parts splattered around all over the place but is not described in much detail aside from a severed head with one eye a bloodied pulp and the other missing altogether. And then we have Scyther's Story and The Fall of a Leader, the former containing a bunch of self-mutilation scenes and a Scyther murdering a human kid as well as later being run through with an enormous fang and killed, and the latter containing rituals involving splattering infants with blood, several throat-slittings, and the line, "It screamed until I'd torn its lungs apart."

Take your pick. Actually none of this is described in a very gory way as I don't like wallowing in splattered intestines, but there's a whole bunch of blood.

What about Scyther's Stories, lots of blood/gore in those.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back