• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What web browser do you use?

What web browser do you most commonly use?

• Google Chrome

Votes: 41 15.3%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 168 62.7%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 25 9.3%
  • Safari

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • Opera

Votes: 13 4.9%
  • Other....

Votes: 8 3.0%

• Total voters

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
  • I use Firefox. It's the fastest browser for me, and there's such a huge library of available extensions and plugins that you can pretty much customize it however you want.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2009
    I like Chrome, but one out of every five pages comes up as "we could not find this page." I refresh and it turns up fine then, but it annoys the hell out of me.

I use Flock, which is pretty much a version of Firefox optimized for social networking.

Cid

Years
  • I use Mozilla Firefox, but I have IE installed too here in my laptop.

I think I use it because it was the first to have tabs, and apparently is faster on this laptop compared to IE.

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • Mozilla Firefox 3.5.

Been a Firefox user for over 5 years now :D

I am going to download and try out Chrome, though.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Wow, Internet Explorer is higher than Google Chrome? I never saw that one coming....

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
  • I use Firefox. Internet Explorer just sucks for too many reasons and Chrome gives me script errors that Firefox doesn't. Though it's a bit slow, it suits my needs and that's all I need.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I use Firefox and only Firefox. I have Internet Explorer 8 installed, but I am not using it. Firefox 3.5 all the way! It is faster and safer. I don't have to worry about security holes that IE has.

Years
  • I use Firefox and only Firefox. I have Internet Explorer 8 installed, but I am not using it. Firefox 3.5 all the way! It is faster and safer. I don't have to worry about security holes that IE has.

I hate to burst your bubble, but FF has always been rather secure for the same reason as Mac OS - It has a small percentage of the market, Although as you can see in this thread, it's userbase is booming. This means that it's finally a viable target for malicious hackers, etc. And it happens. Have you noticed how often FF is getting new updates, now? Most of them are to patch up some sort of exploitation.

That said, I do use Firefox quite a lot, along with Epiphany as my other browser which I am slowly migrating to. I actually find Epiphany faster for browsing, plus the boot speed is miles better, due to it's tight compatibility with the GNOME environment.

I've got to say, though. I gave up on Chrome after a few days back when it was new. Well I tried out the alpha version for linux, where Google strongly suggests that normal users shouldn't use it.

I gave it around 3 hours use, and I didn't bump into any errors whatsoever, although it seemed a little sluggish on the browsing side, but that might be due to it having its own cookie library and cache to fill. It certainly didn't feel like the unstable, developing software they think it is, and that's with all of the plugins enabled, which is what they say triggers the bugs. I'm hardly won over, but they redeemed themselves from the bad memories I had of it.

Mumei

Pokédork
    Years
  • I use Firefox 3, though I also have Opera and Safari which I use for various things. I have IE8, but I pretty much avoid it as much as possible because they seem to be running a phishing scam...

I hate to burst your bubble, but FF has always been rather secure for the same reason as Mac OS - It has a small percentage of the market, Although as you can see in this thread, it's userbase is booming. This means that it's finally a viable target for malicious hackers, etc. And it happens. Have you noticed how often FF is getting new updates, now? Most of them are to patch up some sort of exploitation.

Technically that's a good thing though 'cause that means even if it's now a target for hackers and such, it's at least getting the problems fixed faster than IE usually does.

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Whoa, I did notice the flooding of updates. So that is why. Meh, as long they keep on updating the hackers won't get into the browser and mess it up. I will still use Firefox. It is faster than IE. But thanks for the heads up. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    From the most preferred/most used to the least preferred/least used:

Firefox 3.5.2
    Opera 9.51
    Internet Explorer

I only kept Internet Explorer for checking my mails in Hotmail, since that site doesn't work well in other browsers.
    I kept Opera still just in case, and to do a few things that Firefox can't, and to check any bug or speed difference.

Firefox is just the best right now. It's the fastest one till now, it has thousands of add-ons (Currently, I only use 4 to 5 add-ons though), it looks sleek, it has a lot of customizable things in its interface, and it will soon become the best browser in terms of security too!

Back