• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello, sorry to cut in, I signed up just to post here. I've been playing/trading Pokemon for years, but I'm pretty new to the tcgo. I don't really like the very specific way of trading on there - does anyone know of a forum or something, where people can discuss trades beforehand? Say, I'm looking to trade (name of card) and there are a few things I'm looking for, etc.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    Hello, sorry to cut in, I signed up just to post here. I've been playing/trading Pokemon for years, but I'm pretty new to the tcgo. I don't really like the very specific way of trading on there - does anyone know of a forum or something, where people can discuss trades beforehand? Say, I'm looking to trade (name of card) and there are a few things I'm looking for, etc.

You could try the pokemon forums from the TCGO site. Idk i dont discuss trades before hand since it's so hard to meet up with people when it comes to forums. Chatrooms work better imo, since you know they are there and when you can work a trade.

Years
  • You could try the pokemon forums from the TCGO site. Idk i dont discuss trades before hand since it's so hard to meet up with people when it comes to forums. Chatrooms work better imo, since you know they are there and when you can work a trade.

I tried looking on the pokemon website, but unless I just missed it (which is possible) I didn't see any user-created threads, just the official announcements and whatnot. I'd be okay with chatrooms too, but again, I'm not sure where to go. I've been without internet for a year, and I'm so out of the loop on everything now! ^^;

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I tried looking on the pokemon website, but unless I just missed it (which is possible) I didn't see any user-created threads, just the official announcements and whatnot. I'd be okay with chatrooms too, but again, I'm not sure where to go. I've been without internet for a year, and I'm so out of the loop on everything now! ^^;

You have to register to see the threads. Also just go into the trade chatroom in the PTCGO program. Thats where i do most of my trading.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    So i guess VirGen is still really top tier, at least in the way i built it with my local meta game. It seems like the only time i ever lose a match is when i draw dead. I feel like its because the amount of fighting decks and the way they are built have changed from when Furious Fist first came out. The change to Garbodor being so heavily played, means that fighting decks dont have the consistency to hit hard enough, while they waste time trying to lock down abilities so they can laser and effectively deal with pyroar.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I hate when I draw dead. Had a match where I drew all my main cards like jirachi, darkria and yveltal, but no Energy or support. Use Jirachi to get an N, and still hit no energy. 3 turns later I had no energy and was dead haha.

Years
  • That's the worst, haha. And you're just sitting there going "I SWEAR I AM A BETTER PLAYER/DECK BUILDER THAN THIS" so embarrassing.

I don't play a lot outside of theme matches because I just don't have the cards, or the time to figure out the online meta game (although I've discovered that my main deck is surprisingly good at wiping the floor with decks that over-use EXs and MAN it is a blast to knock some of those players down a peg), but gah I get so frustrated with theme decks because I've had so many matches where it's just "welp, five turns in and I've still got no cards on the bench. Please just put me out of my misery and end it, thank you."

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I have played decks that over draw a lot. I believe it was a pyroar deck and venusaur ex deck that i usually deck out before being able to do anything.

Either way i think the reason it does so well is because i have so many supporters that the deck is just made to be consistent. Aside from the Abomasnow lines. Most of my other decks have been running really small supporter line ups and just using Jirachi to make up the difference.

Years
  • On the flip side, there's overbuilding draw support and then proceeding to deck yourself.

Yeah, I did that a few times early on. I've since become… probably a little overly conservative in that department, I basically refuse to include cards that involve discarding in my decks. I've had people tell me (theoretically) that my decks will be too slow because of it, but in practice I haven't found that to be the case. I rely pretty heavily on targeted support cards and low-power-easy-setup pokemon that can be sacrificed while I get my main attackers ready. Sure, my decks would never hold up against a competitive deck, but it suits my naturally more conservative playing style, and against the average player in TCGO? I've had some pretty decent winning streaks if I've been playing consistently enough to get a sense of the meta game and tweak as needed. Unfortunately though, I've been so busy I entirely missed Furious Fists, so I have no idea what I'm up against now and just don't have the energy to dive in and figure it out.

Last edited:

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    If you are REALLY conservative, like how I used to be, your best bet is running

4 bicycle
    3 maintenence
    4 shauna
    2 N
    4 skyla/korrina (whatever search you use)
    1 Dowsing machine.
    It sure can give you some options, but it clogs a lot of your deck

But I found what works best is something that discards and draws again later. Thanks to lysander's trump card, this is now more possible:

2/3 VS seeker
    4 Juniper
    4 skyla/korrina
    1 lysandre's trump card

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I just encountered two cards with a logo I've never seen and am wondering if anyone knows its meaning.

The first card is a Zebstrika from Black and White. In the right bottom corner within the picture is a holo logo of a dude holding a pokeball out front. It's red, black and white. What does this logo mean?

The second card is from HeartGold and SoulSilver and it's a Delibird. Below the picture behind the text is the same logo I explained above but bigger.

What does this logo mean?
    How many cards have this logo?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • I just encountered two cards with a logo I've never seen and am wondering if anyone knows its meaning.

The first card is a Zebstrika from Black and White. In the right bottom corner within the picture is a holo logo of a dude holding a pokeball out front. It's red, black and white. What does this logo mean?

The second card is from HeartGold and SoulSilver and it's a Delibird. Below the picture behind the text is the same logo I explained above but bigger.

What does this logo mean?
    How many cards have this logo?
    I think those are league promos.

Years
  • Most definitely are league promos. IIRC, Delibird was one of the earliest league promos after they changed up the logo and naming for the competitive play system for the TCG.

Not really worth a whole lot, but they do have a cool holo pattern to them.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    So i have fought one of the most annoying decks every. it is Quad Snorlax with no energy, lasers, hammers of both kind and flare grunts. So basically you just stall until your opponent decks himself out. Its not even a deck that is trying to win, its just a slow grind that if you aren't a fighting deck that is low energy cost, you're probably just going to sit there the whole time and pray for the game to be over.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I had a pretty funny match today at a tournament. VirGen VS Mewtwo/Seismitoad.

Started with just Virizion and Snover. Had no choice but to emerald slash for 70 on a mewtwo onto a snover. Then evolve into abomasnow attach energy and muscle band for 100 damage for knock out. Then switch and energy switch back to Virizion. Emerald Slash a new Mewtwo for 70 on to Genesect. Retreat into Abomasnow attach energy, Bang heads again for another KO on a mewtwo. Abomasnow gets wrecked finally after 4 prizes (MVP Abomasnow). Attach to Genesect, Juniper for 7 and hit G booster on the last card to KO Mewtwo ex for the win.

Abomasnow, MVP, who knew?

Also anyone have Manectric or M Manectric online to trade? I wanna try VirGen with Manectric

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    So Drifblim is super funny. I just did 640 damage to a sigilyph for 1 energy with shadow steal. I cant decide what pokemon i want to run as my second in VirGen. Drifblim or M Manectric. Both have their merits. But driblim can be complete dead weight in certain match ups. But late game OHKO with Drifblim is just so satisfying.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back