• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Anyway, has anyone got plans to make a Primal Clash prerelease in the coming weeks?

Personally, I don't think I'll be able to, but that's because my schedule's always so busy around the time of prereleases for whatever reason.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Anyway, has anyone got plans to make a Primal Clash prerelease in the coming weeks?

Personally, I don't think I'll be able to, but that's because my schedule's always so busy around the time of prereleases for whatever reason.

I don't have a prerelease I'm going to, but my friend/manager at the comic book store owns a small card booth in California and is getting me a Primal Clash box for only $80. :3
So I'm SUPER excited about it!

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016

I've already ordered all of my stuff but a place near me is doing a prerelease soon, but I'm slightly on the fence about going. Reason being I think it costs like £25 for entry and I've amassed £24 worth of credit on the Card site I buy from so I'll be able to order another Booster Box for £46 posted.

I think I'd rather keep money for that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016

I saw one that is near me. I have never been to an event like this.

Its a $30 charge to get in (normal?), but what would I expect to do or get?

Years
I don't have a prerelease I'm going to, but my friend/manager at the comic book store owns a small card booth in California and is getting me a Primal Clash box for only $80. :3
So I'm SUPER excited about it!

$80 is a pretty nice deal on a box.

I've already ordered all of my stuff but a place near me is doing a prerelease soon, but I'm slightly on the fence about going. Reason being I think it costs like £25 for entry and I've amassed £24 worth of credit on the Card site I buy from so I'll be able to order another Booster Box for £46 posted.

I think I'd rather keep money for that.

The big advantage of prereleases is being able to play the cards, really, and if you don't play, there's probably not much appeal.

I saw one that is near me. I have never been to an event like this.

Its a $30 charge to get in (normal?), but what would I expect to do or get?

$30 is normal (typically ones near me are $25 or $30, though some charge a venue fee if they had to pay money to rent the venue).

Basically, at a prerelease, you go to play the game against others using cards you pulled from the boosters your entry fee bought for you. It's an event for getting an early preview of the cards and also being able to play against people. It's basically a tournament with a cardpool that's restricted to a single set. You keep the cards you pull, and there are probably prizes awarded based on how well you do (basing this last bit off of MTG prerelease events I've been to, as I've never managed to make a Pokemon one for myself). If you don't like to play the TCG, it's not worth going, but if you do like to play the game, it's probably worth going. They tend to be good social events (well, in my area, anyway).

Years
Usually when attending an organized Pokemon TCG day, I hear about website:

Spoiler:

Anyone have experience with this? Anyone heard of it?
Wondering if its worth buying cards I would like from it, or if it'd be better/faster/stronger to deal with sources more to my local.

Last edited:

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
Years
Earlier, I bought the Battle Arena decks as 1. I wanted it for Christmas last year, but Santa couldn't find it and 2. for the Fairy Support (Aromatisse, 2-2 Sylveon, 2-2 HP Wigglytuff and the trainers (mainly Trevor)) but sadly, the Yveltal Deck kinda lacks in playable Pokemon, but at least it has Zoroark in it and he's my favorite Dark-Type :)

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Got a rather nice email tonight saying that my Primal Clash Booster Boxes have been shipped out by Chaos Cards. Should arrive either tomorrow or Thursday. Personally I'm actually hoping for Thursday, because I'll be home.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Got a rather nice email tonight saying that my Primal Clash Booster Boxes have been shipped out by Chaos Cards. Should arrive either tomorrow or Thursday. Personally I'm actually hoping for Thursday, because I'll be home.

Mine too! They got shipped this afternoon so Tracked 48 means they should (fingers crossed) be here on Thursday. They've never taken more than two days after shipping my order to come in so hoping it'll be the same case this time. I'm also waiting on a separate order for a Binder and Full Art Professor Juniper.

I ordered everything Primal Clash but they told us the Ultra Pro Binders hadn't arrived so they are splitting orders.

Years
I really want a Primal Clash booster box, but I've got to sock money away for other things, so I probably shouldn't.

Do I pull the trigger, or do I hold off and get a cheap laptop to be a portable internet machine (which is something I've wanted to get since my last laptop bit the dust in summer 2013) the following week? Or do I get neither and sock away the money for a $1000 display case when I get my own place again?

DerpyTails

PokeBrony
Years
Well, I probably won't be getting any real life Primal Class boosters due to me needing to keep more money for Phone Bills (thanks MetroPCS :p)

Anyway, I've been tinkering with a Fairy deck recently due to the Battle Arena decks I got a couple of days ago (I also gave my brother one of the Promo Yveltals :))

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2021
Mine too! They got shipped this afternoon so Tracked 48 means they should (fingers crossed) be here on Thursday. They've never taken more than two days after shipping my order to come in so hoping it'll be the same case this time. I'm also waiting on a separate order for a Binder and Full Art Professor Juniper.

I ordered everything Primal Clash but they told us the Ultra Pro Binders hadn't arrived so they are splitting orders.

Nice, this is my first time buying from Chaos Cards. I'm just ordered two booster boxes and an A4 Ultra Pro Binder. It sucks that the binders have been delayed, and according to Chaos Card, won't be arriving until the 25th. TBH, this completely messes it up for me because I need the binder, as I have no space in any of my current ones, and probably won't even be able to really open them till it arrives. I really don't get how they can get the cards out on time, but a binder gets delayed by almost a month.

Years
  • Age 47
  • Seen Feb 3, 2015
I'm looking for information about a misprinted card that we have. It's a Magnezone EX 101/106, but it has the image of the embossed Lysandre 104/106 on it. I can't seem to find any information about it at all and was hoping someone might know something about it. Any info would be appreciated.

Years
I'm looking for information about a misprinted card that we have. It's a Magnezone EX 101/106, but it has the image of the embossed Lysandre 104/106 on it. I can't seem to find any information about it at all and was hoping someone might know something about it. Any info would be appreciated.

Are you sure it's legit? I've not found anything on it, myself.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Nice, this is my first time buying from Chaos Cards. I'm just ordered two booster boxes and an A4 Ultra Pro Binder. It sucks that the binders have been delayed, and according to Chaos Card, won't be arriving until the 25th. TBH, this completely messes it up for me because I need the binder, as I have no space in any of my current ones, and probably won't even be able to really open them till it arrives. I really don't get how they can get the cards out on time, but a binder gets delayed by almost a month.

I spoke to Chaos Cards on the phone about it. Its Ultra Pro that sends the binders so they don't come in the same shipment as the primal clash stuff but they have the same release date. Apparently they never turned up and they weren't sure why.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Feb 12, 2015
Please help! I am trying to trade online with ptcgo with a friend in another state. He gave me his username and said I could find him in a public trade. I spent 2 hours last night changing filters and searching for him, and no results. This is the first time I have ever done this and yes I have no idea what I'm doing thanks to you guys for any help.

Years
Please help! I am trying to trade online with ptcgo with a friend in another state. He gave me his username and said I could find him in a public trade. I spent 2 hours last night changing filters and searching for him, and no results. This is the first time I have ever done this and yes I have no idea what I'm doing thanks to you guys for any help.

They may have had the card traded since public trades can be agreed to by anybody (hence why it's a "Public" trade). Did you ever tell him your username? He may have accepted a trade from someone thinking it was you...

You would be better off initiating a private trade between the two of you next time.

I spoke to Chaos Cards on the phone about it. Its Ultra Pro that sends the binders so they don't come in the same shipment as the primal clash stuff but they have the same release date. Apparently they never turned up and they weren't sure why.

That's a shame, really. Has Chaos Cards gotten them in yet and sent them your way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back