• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
Years
  • looks cool but it dosen't work on vba or no$gba could you tell me what it works on?

I'm 100% sure that it works on VBA, because I use it and finished V2 on it.
    Maybe you patched the rom incorrectly.
    Sounds to me like jetb1ackx didn't patch it at all, and tried to run the .ips in vba and no$gba to me lol.

Just in case, here is a short tutorial on how to patch .ips files:

~Download LunarIPS (or another ips program)
    ~Download a clean Fire Red rom (Do not ask for links here, it's against the rules, Google is your friend)
    ~Open Lunar IPS and click Apply IPS patch
    ~Follow the on-screen instructions
    ~Open your patched rom in VBA or No$GBA
    ~Enjoy!

Note: The Title Screen hasn't been updated yet, so after patching it will still have the Fire Red title screen.

Hope that helps!

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    it still dosen't work even when I patched it

If you did everything Prixy said, it is working, you just think it doesn't work because you're only seeing the titlescreen which remains unchanged. =P

------

I have almost everything finished for Version 3 now, guys! Like you already know, I've been having some major trouble with the world-map and titlescreen. The script for the quest log is annoying me too, because really I'd be better off waiting until later to do it so I don't need to keep re-scripting it all the time when I add new quests.
    Would you all mind terribly if V3 was released without these things sooner, or would you rather wait an indefinite amount of time until the title-screen, world map and quest logs are finished? I personally wouldn't mind the first option, but I decided to ask and go for the majority vote since I'm really not dealing with the comments about the lack of these things too well =P

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • The latter might take forever, so the first option please. Titlescreens add to be more presentable and it wouldn't affect the game story anyway.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I'd like the first option. The extra features are nice, but I'm more interested in the story anyway :p

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • I have almost everything finished for Version 3 now, guys! Like you already know, I've been having some major trouble with the world-map and titlescreen. The script for the quest log is annoying me too, because really I'd be better off waiting until later to do it so I don't need to keep re-scripting it all the time when I add new quests.
    Would you all mind terribly if V3 was released without these things sooner, or would you rather wait an indefinite amount of time until the title-screen, world map and quest logs are finished? I personally wouldn't mind the first option, but I decided to ask and go for the majority vote since I'm really not dealing with the comments about the lack of these things too well =P
    I'm up in the air about it, part of me wants to play as soon as possible, but with all the issues we've had here about people thinking the patch didn't work, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to wait until we have at least a new titles screen before V3.

As for the Quest Journal, I think it's a truly wonderful addition, but I am not too worried about having it in the next version, that could very well be one of the last features added, just before the final version. So this one makes me want an earlier release, instead of having to wait just to have this feature.

World Map updates: I doubt too many people actually use the world map often enough to worry about this one. It can easily be pushed for a later release in my opinion.

To summarize: 2/3 features beats 1/3, so let's go with an early release for increased story and playability, then worry about features later.

A little note concerning the Quest Journal:
    Spoiler:

Also, sorry I've been so inactive. Got a lot going on IRL at the moment, so I haven't had much time to really enjoy myself or give any feedback.

Hope it helps!

Years
  • If you did everything Prixy said, it is working, you just think it doesn't work because you're only seeing the titlescreen which remains unchanged. =P

------

I have almost everything finished for Version 3 now, guys! Like you already know, I've been having some major trouble with the world-map and titlescreen. The script for the quest log is annoying me too, because really I'd be better off waiting until later to do it so I don't need to keep re-scripting it all the time when I add new quests.

To be honest, I can't wait for V3 so an early release would be nice!
    And the features you noted aren't really needed to play the game, the Title screen doesn't bother me and I rarely use the world map, only to fly to diffrent cities.
    The quest journal would be nice, but like Prixy said I also agree that it's a thing that you should add before the release of the final version.

I hope you had fun making V3 and gave it your best shot, because I already know I'm going to enjoy getting that master trainings license after seeing: ''This is the end of V2'' all the time. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I just started this game and I'm wondering.

I watched a video and when they entered the first Forest, they didn't encounter the Seeker VS Criminal event. But when I entered, I encountered this event. What are the conditions required to get it? Do I need to say NO when Kiana asked me to join her for that seller?

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    This game looks super cool! I'm gonna start playing as soon as i finish the current game im playing.

Years
  • I just started this game and I'm wondering.

I watched a video and when they entered the first Forest, they didn't encounter the Seeker VS Criminal event. But when I entered, I encountered this event. What are the conditions required to get it? Do I need to say NO when Kiana asked me to join her for that seller?

Well thats a quite good observation you did there. I never sayed No to the seller and never saw the seekers and the criminals fighting in the 1st forest. So i guess you have to say NO for this event to trigger.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Also, are there any recommended zones to train your pokemon?

I was supposed to get to the Ruins of Kala. I was able to get through the Ruin Maniacs, but till that Jenelle (or whoever) appeared, she breezed my team because of a 10-level advantage (also, I was training 2 pokemon, so it was more like a 3v5). My pokemon are ranged around levels 32 to 40, any recommendations?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2018
    Hello ,

I play with this hack for time now and I want to know how to go to Finagold Terrace please :'( . And how to have the canal ticket :(

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Also, are there any recommended zones to train your pokemon?

I was supposed to get to the Ruins of Kala. I was able to get through the Ruin Maniacs, but till that Jenelle (or whoever) appeared, she breezed my team because of a 10-level advantage (also, I was training 2 pokemon, so it was more like a 3v5). My pokemon are ranged around levels 32 to 40, any recommendations?

I already answered this. Please, just read like 10 posts before yours.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2014
    with no$gba Bad I get 3 errors they are Bad Header Chunksum, Bad ROM Entrypoint at Header[000h] and Bad Fixed Value 96h at Header[0B2h] and with vba it comes up "unvalid file type"
    (sorry for the long responce time I had outher stuff that was a bit more important to do)

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • with no$gba Bad I get 3 errors they are Bad Header Chunksum, Bad ROM Entrypoint at Header[000h] and Bad Fixed Value 96h at Header[0B2h] and with vba it comes up "unvalid file type"
    (sorry for the long responce time I had outher stuff that was a bit more important to do)

Did you Patch to a Clean Firered USA Rom?

Last edited:
    Years
  • with no$gba Bad I get 3 errors they are Bad Header Chunksum, Bad ROM Entrypoint at Header[000h] and Bad Fixed Value 96h at Header[0B2h] and with vba it comes up "unvalid file type"

Did you follow those steps?

1. Download Pokémon Fire Red USA CLEAN ROM And the ips patch of Mirage of tales

2. Download and open Lunar IPS Then extract the rom and move the patch to somewhere easy

3. Choose the IPS Patch and the ROM on Lunar IPS then click the patch button

4. Open the patched Rom on VBA/Another GBA Emulator

~Easy tuto on how to patch dah Rom by myself

Back