• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I watched The King's Speech all the way through for the first time the other day and I thought it was a cool little movie. Colin Firth really deserved his Oscar for that performance, because his speech impediment/stammer and body language is pretty believable.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • A Teacher

Story about a teacher having an affair with one of her students. Kinda bad as a movie, doesn't really seem to be going anywhere and the end is just, okay that's it?

It's only 70~ mins but they could've put more better scenes than the teacher just jogging around to fill up screen time.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Saw The Maze Runner on Saturday.

..ordered the books right after I got home. I HAVE TOO MANY QUESTIONS.

pkmin3033

I am an amazing babysitter: I just break out the Disney DVDs. Never fails. This one was my little brother's choice...it's an alright film I suppose, although I can't see what the fuss is all about on Tumblr. It's no Aladdin or Lion King, that's for sure. But it's better than the animated sequels. I never want to see Mulan 2 again...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Bad Ass 2: Bad Asses

Starring Danny Trejo and Danny Glover.

A viet nam veteran(Trejo) seeks revenge for his boxing pupil who died at the hands of a drug dealer, with the help of his friend, an ex hockey player who can fight(Glover). It's an interesting film that kept me entertained the whole time. Although, wonder what happened to the family at the end of the first movie, where are they now.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Journey to the West: Conquering the Demons

Such a great story based on the tale with the same name, only this time, it tells you how he caught the different demons in which the main character uses during his time in the west. The fight scenes are amazing and Shu Qi is so pretty ♥

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I recently watched the film Liberal Arts which was written and directed by Josh Radnor (Ted from HIMYM). I decided to give it a try since I love Josh and it ended up being pretty good. The only slightly annoying thing was that Josh's character (Jesse, I think it is?) is pretty much Ted Mosby. This may be because Josh was a lot like Ted to begin with, but it still irked me just a little bit.

The acting was good, the story wasn't completely cheezy or overly artsy for an independent film. I actually really felt for Elizabeth Olsen's character. I'm pretty snobby about movies and don't have a lot that I enjoy, but I would actually watch this again.

4/5

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • Requiem for a Dream
    The movie was fairy decent but the bath scene really annoyed me due to how it ripped off the anime Perfect Blue shot by shot. Aronofsky hasn't even said he was inspired by Kon even though black swan has the same plot with some changes.

pkmin3033

Of the three Stargate movies, I'd say this one was the best...but then, it's a fun little alternate-reality movie with Baal as the starring villain - and he has so much personality! - with pretty good pacing which ties up all the loose ends left in the show nicely. After the rather depressing Ori Arc, it's nice to get back to the series' roots with Goa'uld antagonists again.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Money Talks

With Chris Tucker being a big loudmouth wannabe ********** and Charlie Sheen being a everyday normal guy reporter trying to clear Tucker's name after Tucker gets accidentally involved in a prison break.

I absolutely hated Tucker's character in the movie. Tucker did a great job in making his character a loud mouth annoying punk. Although I found myself rooting for him a couple of times in the movie.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Gone Girl. a scathing indictment on marriage and love that manages to be brutally funny and shockingly graphic while still maintaining its dark, macabre, not-goofy feel. this is the film of the year so far in my mind.

pkmin3033

This is on right now, it's just about to finish. I've seen this film so many times now, yet I still find it to be as funny as I did the first time around; it's quite a clever little story.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Anastasia

I watched it last night to kill a two hour drive from the province. I liked the movie, it was overall nice :)

pkmin3033

This was very...Michael Bay. Great action scenes, but a thoroughly boring, uninspiring plot. I'm so glad it was only an hour and forty minutes; if this was as long as the Transformers movies I think I might have died halfway through. It was funny in places, and I really liked the Shredder's appearance and fight scenes (would have been nice if he had a personality, though) but...gods, talk about bottom of the barrel writing.

Years
  • Jaws 2

Just randomly watching movies because well, nothing else on. I do have to admit this sequel was just not as legendary as the first Jaws movie. The shark still looks fake as hell.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back