• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lugia or Ho-oh?

Lugia or Ho-oh?

• Lugia

Votes: 120 69.4%
  • Ho-oh

Votes: 53 30.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blu3void

Exactly.
Years
  • I never really liked the idea of a giant rainbow phoenix to begin with. Lugia's design won me over. That and Silver was the first Pokemon game I ever played.

Years
  • Of the two, Lugia is definitely my favorite. When I was having a battle with my cousin between our Pokemon Gold's, we both came down to our final Pokemon, which were both Lugia. Because they both knew Recover, the battle went so long that one of our Game Boy's died (don't remember whose), and we never got to finish the battle. Because of this battle, I'll always prefer Lugia, even though I used Ho-oh more in HeartGold.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Ho-Oh doesn't exactly have the greatest moveset, but 4x Weakness to Rock pretty much put Ho-Oh at a huge disadvantage. Most people may like Ho-Oh, but Lugia is more preferred by many, and unfortunately, I'm no exception to this. I've always favored Lugia over many other Legendary Pokemon that's not Lati@s or the Mew Duo. Plus what makes Lugia so cool is that...it can have that hidden Water type within since being the "Guardian of the Sea."

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
    Years
  • Lugia. All. The. Way. To. The. End. Not only are Lugia's stats amazing, bot Lugia also has sentimental value to alot of us. Am I right?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Lugia is just weird, being a psychokinetic dragon with huge hands for wings. People always slam the later generations for having too many weird Pokemon (and I agree, many of the later generations' Pokemon are a bit too weird, in my opinion), but nobody brings Lugia up. Ho-Oh, on the other hand, is definitely my favorite Legendary, by far. It's phoenix-like appearance is just cool, and I've always liked Fire-types, so I'd choose Ho-Oh. It's definitely one of the more underrated Legendaries.

Sonicfan9988

Sonic, Hilda & Rosa! ♥
    Years
  • I have to say Ho-Oh is my fave! Fire-type pokemon are my main faves! Even though Lugia is awesome, it has less attack power than Ho-Oh does, and I prefer offensive pokemon more than defensive pokemon.

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
    Years
  • I love Ho-oh. Everyone seems to love Lugia so much, but I just like the looks of Ho-oh more. Plus, competitively, it fits my style more. I love hard-hitters that can take some hits too.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • Lugia FTW. There are a few reasons why I love it more than Ho-oh-

-I use the water starter, and I liked the idea of a watery Legendary.
    -When I used to be into Pokemon TCG, there was a rumor about ShadowLugia, which was rumored to be the best Pokemon ever, so that sort of was in the back of my mind.
    -There is already one phoenix- Moltres. Phoenixes are epic, but we don't need more than one. And I don't get why Ho-oh is RAINBOW. PHOENIXES ARE RED.
    -I couldn't even catch Ho-oh. It kept committing suicide with Struggle.

So, in my opinion, Lugia pwns. My only fault with it is that its wings are weird looking. They should have been more elegant.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2015
    Ho-Oh ftw. Sacred Fire is just too cool for school. I mean Lugia's cool too, but Ho-Oh never made more than a single appearance in the anime and some people don't even know it was him.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
    Years
  • Lugia wins, no doubt. I absolutely admire the appearance of Lugia. Maybe it's because when I was a teeny-bopper the very top Pokemon Movie I watched was Pokemon 2000, which Lugia was the main Legendary in.<3

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Lugia

always remembered the mighty aeroblast from the original silver version (srsly like noone has mentioned aeroblast here??)...

hated how the animation turned horrible in later gens and the move itself got casted into oblivion since...

Years
  • Here it is.

Well,I'd normally pick a 50/50,but if I had to choose...I'm going with Lugia. Ever since I was like, 6, I just used It because it was a good offensive Pokemon. But ever since then, It's not all about offense, but defense also kicks in. I mean, if you used Light Screen then a good attack or special attack, such as Psychic, your already defeating your opponent!And besides everyone, it's a giant flying bird dragon thing!

Peeta

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Lugia is far superior... Ho-Oh's typing leaves much to be desired due to his huge 4x rock weakness. I like Lugia's moves and design a lot better, too.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I always thought Ho-oh looked kinda weird and, when I played Gold, Lugia was a higher level for me because you get it later... so I always preferred Lugia. :x Nowadays I don't really like either of them much, but I guess Lugia edges out the win because Ho-oh always looked kind of crazy mad when you see it. Something in its eyes, I think. :(

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like them both. Ho-Oh is amazingly designed, while Lugia seems nostalgic. Idk if I had to choose it'd be Ho-Oh for design but both are two of the better legendaries Pokemon has to offer. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back