• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Understandable but I just prefer options being more "in-your-face", and anything that can do that, I would do... Just a preference of mine, it might look good ;)

Black Eternity

Lord of Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    Been sorting through a bunch of code recently and studying the mechanics, slowly coding
    my new concept, the "Omni".

Basically the Omni is a smartphone in the Pokemon world, it comes equipped with the basics,
    PokeDex, Party, Bag, Save, Etc. But will also include many other features (applications if you prefer)
    that you will obtain throughout the region.

So far it only has these few features that are not all quite finished, and the design is still a
    little "iffy"
    Spoiler:

Black Eternity

Lord of Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2016
    Personally, I find it kind of weird having hi-res looking graphics in comparison with pokemon style graphics.

Eventually everything will be high-res, Eventually....... lol.
    I don't mind the graphic style of pokemon, since I grew up playing it,
    but it could be a lot better, imo.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Finally through midterms and going to start playtesting my school game project soon, will probably make it available to download here if you guys are interested(it's a rhythm-based fighting game for the PC, using Xbox 360 controllers). I just have to add some copyright info and make sure that playback/recording works.

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Working on "Essentials" website for online stuff , that keeps on getting developed
    fcvRG.jpg

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I'm planning out the map of my game by making it 16 times smaller and messing around in Photostop.

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I'll probably be checking out Monogame pretty soon. @InvisibleWater you might want to give it a go too, since it's very similar to XNA except multi platform!

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
    Years
  • Now I'm preparing to release Demo 5 of Faith & Prayer Version and Version 1 of the Rebuilt Touhoumon DevKit this evening. In the meanwhile, I'm just making some quick tweaks to Demo 5 of Faith & Prayer Version. This is one of the changes I intend to have on release:
    8c4dd0a168.png

Nothing too big, just emulating how eyecatches work in the FrLg games.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    After thinking about what sort of story and atmosphere I'd like to see in a Pokemon game, I got inspired to try starting on my own.

The idea now is that the game is set in a 'dying' world. Eggs are no longer hatching, babies haven't been born in years, and pokemon are becoming rarer and rarer. Rather than trying to fight it, most people have already given up, and are just trying their best to enjoy their lives the best they can. You are among what will probably be the last generation of trainers ever to journey across the land. Of course, there's always the evil team who seem oddly bent on messing things up even more, when there's pretty much nothing left worth fighting over. The main feature is being able to choose one starter from any generation, I want them to be the player's most valuable partner, so I've buffed all of them an want to give them megas. The starter is supposed to be the one Pokemon you shared the whole journey with.

Now, I've never even hacked a ROM (beyond very simple edits like changing Pokemon base stats) before, much less used RPGMaker, and the first challenge I'm running into is finding a tileset I like. I really don't want to use FRLG, they're too bright for the subdued atmosphere I want and I feel like they're overused, but there seems to be no version of Pokemon essentials with HGSS graphics, which is what I want. I've found some sheets but I have to edit them to RMXP size myself, which seems incredibly tedious since I have to be very careful even in photoshop, and then learn sorcery like autotiles. I don't know how long it'll take just to get the basics down.

.... It's alright if I ask for help around here, right?

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Currently working on UNITE, which is basically a rehashed chunk of my commercial project(with some limitations!) to be used to create 2.5d fangames using Unity. Once I get the basic overworld and a cheap turn-based battle system going(probably no battle systems), I'm going to release it for public use, followed by(potentially) the procedural model script I use to make assets and a file reader compatible with Essentials' data files to make it easier to transition if desired.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • I guess I will take another crack at a cross platform pokemon game engine. After I am done with this other project I am working on. The library I am using is called libgdx, it can run on pc and mobile devices. Plus it is written in java, so any machine which has support for JVM, can run this game.
    W7IVMUS.png

All I have done at the moment is character movement (player can turn, but there is no walking animation), map rendering, and some issues with the camera.

WriterRaven

I Illustrate Through Words
    Years
  • I'm working on the designs of my game's 'unofficial species' - I dislike using the term "fakemon", it just doesn't sit right with me - and I've found one small flaw in my plan. I don't know a good way to allocate egg moves for the new Pokémon.

I'm guessing that I'll need to use existing species as reference points, based on the Egg Groups to which the new ones belong. But if anyone has any suggestions for determining which species learns which egg moves, that would be brilliant. Maybe add a little clarity to the process.

Other than that, carrying on with development of both the new species and the game's region. Then probably going to hunt around for an artist willing to help with sprites.
    (Honestly, not sure where else I could have posted this to ask for help. The question doesn't seem to fit anywhere else. =/)

Last edited:

WriterRaven

I Illustrate Through Words
    Years
  • There's this topic right at the top of the Game Development Section called Team Recruitment/Volunteering: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=284170

I considered that, but at this stage I don't have the required information about my game to place a recruitment ad according to the thread's rules. Placing an ad also requires a thread for the game in Progressing Games, for which I also lack the required details. A thread will (probably?) eventually be posted once more work is completed, but I want to get the core components nailed down before I do anything in RPG XP or Essentials' PBS files.

In hindsight, I'm probably going about this the wrong way.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2022
    I considered that, but at this stage I don't have the required information about my game to place a recruitment ad according to the thread's rules. Placing an ad also requires a thread for the game in Progressing Games, for which I also lack the required details. A thread will (probably?) eventually be posted once more work is completed, but I want to get the core components nailed down before I do anything in RPG XP or Essentials' PBS files.

In hindsight, I'm probably going about this the wrong way.

No no, not at all. This is good! However, you don't want to have too much set in stone before you start, as too much rigidity won't allow you to flex and improve later on if you decide you don't like something or want to add something in.

So in short (because clearly that was very long), everything is good in moderation!

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    I'm currently working on a demo for "Tales from the Pokémon World" to get a finished chunck of gameplay. This is what used to be my "The World of Pokémon" project.

I'm also writing some articles for gamasutra (the non-Pokémon related stuff).

Back