• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] What are you working on?

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Working on a...sort of text adventure? Choose your own adventure??? Something like that.

One of those two things (or even both) + Pokémon. It's like a sort of retelling of R/B/Y/FR/LG, but with choices thrown in everywhere so the plot could take a dramatic turn. Who knows?

Years
I'm working on an Irrlicht port designed for RMXP (again, and I think this is my 4th attempt), right now. I have it working to where it renders onto an RMXP bitmap (Not really rendering it to a bitmap but rather rendering it to a render target and copying the render target data to the bitmap). It doesn't affect the frame rate at all meaning it runs at a steady 40 fps. (unless you're going to overload everything then obviously the frame rate will go down, but this is a common problem with any program)

Years
well, im writting the story of the game i wanna make, rewritting the pbs of essentials (mostly filling the new pokemons and the moves and tm´s and a the tread started by Pokemon Trainer Jackey helped a lot, thanks for that Jackey xD) also i wanna add the 6 gen pokes (i don´t know how to do it, yet) drawning sprites and that´s it as today.

Years
Decided to postpone the making of PMD game and decided to focus on a classic Pokemon game in favor of my friend instead. And he is helping me a lot with it too (he made all the gym leaders and few E4 members) and he also helped me decide on the starters.

At the moment i'm just mapping maps, also already made all the events in the hometown. Also flagging the tiles i'm using which is a bit frustrating.

The story is pretty much planned out, so i don't have to worry about that.

Years
Crossfire steps up

With a vast majority of paperwork and planning sorted out- 10 days into this pokemon crossfire project it's time to take on tilesets for gym interiors and a steampunk inspired city.
my partner in crime is working on the new pokemon, moves and the TM List

Thank the heavens for RPG Maker and the essentials kit!

Edit; It's been well over a year... and the paperwork still isn't done. I'm currantly rebuilding hte pokedex to include our new mpokemon and remove the unused ones- pokedex total 385. Region one maps are almost done (demo release is only region one) and the steampunk style city isn't as steampunk as I would have liked but I'm very happy with the art anyway, they weren't kidding when they said it would take 30-50 hours to do a tileset.

right not I'm programming in some of the early quests and Zsarke is finalising movesets for our last pokedex additions. There's still lots of art left to do before we can add them though, Our next big task is the TM/HM list- we have 100!
I didn't know there was a mystery dungeon game called crossfire so we're going to have to change the name... I like Zsarke's idea of just saying Xfire but I'm not confident.

Other than that we have a very playable game already running, I am in love with my maps and Zsarke is in love with the new pokemon. I'm on summer break now from university so I am feeling supercharged and ready to plough forward again. It would be great to have the demo ready for Christmas

Last edited:

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Punchbag script for my game:
kOpiAmm.png

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Working on a game, well writing, wanna get everyting down before i begin implementing it, i have my main story and the basics, for a Pokemon game, just going over features and other stuff for it. So you know, lots and lots of different stuff, you know?

Years
Hey guys! Completely new to the forum as well as game development and, well, programming in general. I have been learning C# for the past two months or so and I have a very basic understanding of JS. I have recently been trying to implement what I've learned in C# by writing a text based Pokémon game. I am really struggling with what I should do next. Every time I figure one thing out, I feel like I realize I have two other things I need to change.

The reason I decided to do a Pokemon game is because I'm very familiar with the game and what should happen. This "game" I'm developing us not really something I'm looking at releasing at all. It us basically just giving me a direction to go while learning C#.

If anyone wants to lend a helping hand and take a look at my code to give me some pointers, I would be excited for the help. I'll be reading around these forums to see what you guys have to offer and hopefully pick up a few tips here and there.

Last edited:

PinkCatDragon

The 17 year old programer. Now byte off
Years
Hey guys! Completely new to the forum as well as game development and, well, programming in general. I have been learning C# for the past two months or so and I have a very basic understanding of JS. I have recently been trying to implement what I've learned in C# by writing a text based Pokémon game. I am really struggling with what I should do next. Every time I figure one thing out, I feel like I realize I have two other things I need to change.

The reason I decided to do a Pokemon game is because I'm very familiar with the game and what should happen. This "game" I'm developing us not really something I'm looking at releasing at all. It us basically just giving me a direction to go while learning C#.

If anyone wants to lend a helping hand and take a look at my code to give me some pointers, I would be excited for the help. I'll be reading around these forums to see what you guys have to offer and hopefully pick up a few tips here and there.
Well its good to see more people takeing on programing. This game ive seen the thread for i like how it comeing ill be happy to look at the coding if you need.

As for me. I help the Pokemon xy PC dev team as co programer

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jun 3, 2015
I've just registered an account to start a thread showing my progress on a Pokemon MMO. To some it up quickly, it's basically a multiplayer version of fire red written from scratch, with a bunch of new features to make for great gameplay. You can check it out once I get the thread up, but I need 14 more posts before I can post links ;)

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
I picked back up full scale work on Faith & Prayer Version and am currently mapping out the maps for Demo 4. Most of the exterior maps are finished, and soon come the dungeons. I'm currently working on New Bark Town, as Demo 4 will be the one to push you into Johto.

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Mar 23, 2015
I'm new the the forum and thought this might be a good place to start. For a few months I've been learning programming. To help get better I decided on making a Pokemon game I've always wanted to play. A third generation graphics open world game. No routes. The further away from cities the player goes, the higher the pokemon's/trainer's level and difficulty increases. I have a prototype game engine built in Python and a prototype render software in Python as well. I plan to port the game engine to C++ and use a modified version of the render software included in the tiling program I use, Tiled. I have about half of the Main Map done. The map is huge, 1200 x 700 tiles. It turned into something a little bigger than what I had origanlly intended, lol.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 30, 2016
I'm working on an MMO that we're calling PMKN Unlimited at the moment. It's a re-imagining of the first five regions with a lot of features. We have a server up for testing and are currently working our way though Kanto before opening it up to open alpha testing. I'll be posting a thread on here soon!

Kyther

Pokemon Freedom Developer
Years
I am currently reworking my in-game battle to make it real-time. Roughly just under halfway through it.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Currently editing PBS files and scripts.

Also, today I found out you can view two documents with one notepad++ window. My life is compete.

Spoiler:

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
You can also CLONE documents to both windows.

I donated to the developer.

Howww?

Fiddling around with Ren'Py to discover the basics.

Right click a document tab and clone/move to "other view".

Last edited:

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
I'm working on my first project, Pokemon Cosmos!

It's got about a good 30 min of game-play that revolutionizes the theory of Pokemon and psychology.

The first version is avail for Download :)

Back