• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Ive started this challenge yesterday while my internet was down in yellow.

Name: Jespoke
    Rival name: Murder
    Im in mt moon now, and i've already missed 3 areas (Mainly because of OHKO's)

Team:

Pika (Pikachu from pallet) lv 13
    Queen lv 13 (Nidoran f from r.2)
    Bug (Butterfree from viridian forest) lv 13
    Gyra (Magicarp from r.4) lv 6

Departed:

King (Nidoran m from r.22) 2-13 - killed by crit at mt moon MVP for its lifespan

Missed areas: R.1, R.3, mt. moon

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • emerald.jpg

Pokémon Emerald Nuzlocke
    Chapter 4: Screenshots? I totally forgot to use them. :P

Well since Wattson was a cakewalk, I thought then next I would go through the next Route, which was easy, catching Pokemon and stuff. Also since I didn't catch a Pokemon on route 110, or whatever the Day Care Route is, I went there and caught an Illumise, which was dubbed "Druglord". She was then grinded, as was Sydian. ;)

Going up through the next route, were a few trainers. Perfect for Druglord to test her abilities out, if you know what I mean. ;D Also along with the Winstrates or something. I could just tell competing with them, selling all those Medicinal Herbs was going to be tough. I mean they had a Roselia on their side. A ROSELIA! Anyway, Sydian and Drug made quick work of those two.

Next Route near the desert, and Druglord had finally went down. Probably from trying out some new, unidentified things, or at the hands, or wings of a Taillow. Druglord shall be avenged... somehow. :( Anyway, from here spawned a new teammate, in the form of a Numel named GAVIN. But for now until I decide whether I'll train her or not, I'll box it for now. :)

Fiery Path, and pretty much every other Route up until Fallarbor town, and I was thinking that Emerald was pretty much made for double battles. D: But I did catch a Torkoal, which has been named "iwantfood". A fitting name for a fitting Pokemon if you ask me. I'm debating whether to keep iwantfood or to box it. Then I arrived at Fallarbor Town.

tl;dr this is a boring update, since nothing really happens between Mauville and Fallarbor.

Oh, and I also got one of those Bikes. You know the one that just says "RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL RYDEL" for free advertising or something.

PokemonEmerald30.png

(From what I can tell, this place is very... cliffy.)

Badges Obtained:

30px-Stone_Badge.png
    30px-Knuckle_Badge.png
    30px-Dynamo_Badge.png

Pokémon which are still alive:
    Spr_3e_253.gif

Sydian Lv. 28
    Brave Nature
    Overgrow
    - Pursuit
    - Screech
    - Absorb
    - Quick Attack

Spr_3e_302.gif

OhMahGawd Lv. 28
    Gentle Nature
    Keen Eye
    - Fury Swipes
    - Fake Out
    - Night Shade
    - Detect

Spr_3e_184.gif

Lucyy II Lv. 27
    Timid Nature
    Huge Power
    - Tackle
    - Rollout
    - Tail Whip
    - Bubblebeam

emesprani324.gif

iwantfood Lv. 15
    Naughty Nature
    White Smoke
    - Ember
    - Smog
    - Curse
    - Smokescreen

The boxed/day cared:
    Ani293MS.png
    Ani043MS.png
    Ani292MS.png
    dpiconani322.gif

The deceased:
    dpiconani261.gif
    dpiconani280.gif
    dpiconani268.gif
    dpiconani263.gif
    Ani276MS.png
    Ani291MS.png
    dpiconani314.gif

Last edited:

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    News from yellow:

my Pika has died! :( It was weak, but i liked it (Will be an HM slave now as it cant be released)

Ive got Saur and Char, with i've been grinding together with Gyra

Queen has evolved twice

im moving towards bill's house next

Team:

Spoiler:

Boxed:

Spoiler:

Departed:

Spoiler:

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Okay, I have a [dumb] question concerning the rules:
    Save/Soft resetting is not allowed, right?

Okay heres the tiny update I have:

Beat Brawley.
    Killed the Zubat I wanted to catch in the cave *headdesk*.
    Caught GARRR the Magikarp and I'm trying to train him.

heLLkitsune

There's nothing for me here...
    Years
  • Episode 13:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y5aelNE4gs&hd=1

Episode 14:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWZHmndBeCU

Episode 15:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI_yo4aCGd8

Episode 16:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KMHf9aQkzk

For anyone who's interested, WHICH I KNOW IS NO ONE WHATEVER ITS OKAY GOD
    hey.. I liked the ice jokes at least :P. If you aren't doing this for yourself then it isn't even worth doing. BUT, keep up the good work as long as you have fun doing it!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • emerald.jpg

Pokémon Emerald Nuzlocke
    Chapter 5: This nuzlocke run is my ninja way!

Fallarbor town was nothing exciting, except for maybe a Battle Tent, and even then I didn't go there, because it's not really my thing. I did see Lanette on the way, which helped a bit, but not as much. Then Sydian learns the sexiest move ever!

Pokemon31.png

(A sexy move for a sexy woman. :D)

I ran into Lanette again, but this time at her house. She should really invest in importing a Mr. Mime or something, like Ash's mum does to do all the cleaning and housework. She did give me some useful information though. :D

PokemonEmerald31.png

(Yep. Organise my boxes which only one will have Pokemon in them.)

Oh yes, I forgot to say that there is grass on this route, which just happens to be where I found my next Pokemon. A Seviper which was named Luuke due to the IRC just giving me the idea of that. :) So there were a few trainers here and there which were smashed to a pulp, and remember that sexy Hiker man? Well he does love to give some awesome advice. :D

PokemonEmerald32.png

(Proof or gtfo. :P)

Oh yes, at this point I decided to go back and grab GAVIN out of the PC, in exchange for iwantfood, since I didn't really want a terrible Torkoal clogging up my party. I finally came out to Meteor Falls, where I ran into Team Magma trying to stir trouble with some sort of meteorite. And then dun dun dunnnnnnn... Team Aqua came to save the day!

PokemonEmerald33.png

(Team Aqua, you just got TROLLED! XD;)

Then some guy was crying because the meteorite was stolen. Probably started cutting himself or something.

PokemonEmerald34.png

(I don't know, maybe overrun the world with lots of land mass? o_O

One more thing, I caught a Solrock here and named it Eff Em Ell, courtesy of Erica. :D I walked out of that place, only to end up back in the hellhole, known as Rustboro city. did some stuff, and headed back to Mauville through a Shortcut. ;D I thought as well that I had forgotten to go through the Cycling Road place, and that was an awesome opportunity to train GAVIN some more, which happened to be a good thing since GAVIN is a total beast! ;) I also learnt that I'm an awesome bike rider.

PokemonEmerald35.png

(No shi- Sherlock. :D)

So yeah, I went up from there, and found the entrance to Mt. Chimney wasn't blocked anymore, so I thought I'd go up there myself to check out the cool scenes of Ash and stuff. :)

PokemonEmerald36.png

(It's very, uhh... pretty? :/)

Turns out Team Magma and Aqua were up here fighting for their lives, but of course me being the protagonist, I was heeeeeere to help out the Aqua people, since we need water and stuff. Maxie was the head honcho behind these operations, and thought I should take him out.

PokemonEmerald37.png

(My, Maxie, aren't you quite the educator.)

I knew he was easy, considering Team Magma use Fire types, and so that Lucyy II would have an easy time with them. Although one funny thing happened here. He brang out Zubat against GAVIN, who was attacked with Wing Attack against my Ember. Maxie thought "Oshi- I'm not taking another Ember. GO! CAMERUPT!" and I thought "Oshi- GAVIN's gonna die... GO! Lucyy II!" and that's when it ended.

Pokemon38.png

(Don't get caught off guard. It's the number three rule in being a ninja. :D)

After that was over, I headed off, with a thanking goodbye from Archie, or in their language, an "arigato sayonara". :D The jagged path was next, which would have been perfect for that nub acro bike, which I don't have right now. Although I did manage to catch a Spoink, which was named Ralph because it was a random name.

Lavaridge town was up, and the next stop for the next gym leader, Flannery. But before then, I thought it would have been a good idea to check out their Spa Services for a while. I heard they're like, super special awesome or something. :D

PokemonEmerald38.png

(Ahh, this boiling water is great for my pores and clothes.)

So then after a horrid experience in getting my clothes burnt from the water, Flannery was up next, who had a whole bunch of dudes lining up for her. Probably to suck her imaginary something, you know. Ice cream, which would melt in a place like that. Also Flannery was a cakewalk for Lucyy II, who was just amazing en every way, taking out everyone without Flannery whoring up those potions. :)

PokemonEmerald39.png

(Heh. Get it? Hard? XD;)

I came out of the gym, only to find Brendan stopping me in my tracks. I knew he was sexist and all, but I didn't think he'd stoop to this level.

PokemonEmerald40.png

(Yeah!? Well, then, uhh... Your Mother! D:)

Badges Obtained:

30px-Stone_Badge.png
    30px-Knuckle_Badge.png
    30px-Dynamo_Badge.png
    30px-Heat_Badge.png

Pokémon which are still alive:
    Spr_3e_253.gif

Sydian Lv. 31
    Brave Nature
    Overgrow
    - Pursuit
    - Screech
    - Leaf Blade
    - Quick Attack

Spr_3e_302.gif

OhMahGawd Lv. 30
    Gentle Nature
    Keen Eye
    - Fury Swipes
    - Fake Out
    - Night Shade
    - Faint Attack

Spr_3e_184.gif

Lucyy II Lv. 31
    Timid Nature
    Huge Power
    - Tackle
    - Rollout
    - Tail Whip
    - Bubblebeam

Spr_3e_322.gif

GAVIN
    Lv. 20
    Quiet Nature
    Oblivious
    - Ember
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Magnitude

The boxed/day cared:
    Ani293MS.png
    Ani043MS.png
    Ani292MS.png
    Ani324MS.png
    Ani338MS.png
    Ani325MS.png

The deceased:
    dpiconani261.gif
    dpiconani280.gif
    dpiconani268.gif
    dpiconani263.gif
    Ani276MS.png
    Ani291MS.png
    dpiconani314.gif
    Ani336MS.png

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • I'm really bad at updating my runs, eh? I haven't been here in a while.

Just saying I'm still doing this. Just a huge grindfest for all my games (Training for Cyrus in Platinum, Koga in Firered, Chuck in Heartgold, and the E4 in Sapphire). I just got Black, so expect and update there.

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Ive done quite some stuff today:

- I got all the way through ss anne before challenging misty
    - Gyra evolved somewhere in ss anne
    - beat misty with a few Vine whip's from Saur, with was in lv 25 at this moment
    - beat Lt. Surge without taking damage. (Queen with her new Body Slam)
    - Got Turtle (My nicknames are too obvious :P)
    - Got through Rock tunnel. The hikers let turtle evolve quickly
    - beat a lot of trainers before going towards the Celadon gym
    - Saved

Team:

Spoiler:

Boxed:

Spoiler:

Departed:

Spoiler:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Hooray, first Black update.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2016
    hey.. I liked the ice jokes at least :P. If you aren't doing this for yourself then it isn't even worth doing. BUT, keep up the good work as long as you have fun doing it!
    Haha, I was just messing around. I'll keep doing them even if we get no views cause it's just that fun:)

But I do understand that it's hard for other people to get the jokes when a lot of them are just references to this one forum most people don't know about :P But thanks for watching :)

Edit: Episode 17:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZphC2kstFs&hd=1

I thought he could survive! sadface

Last edited:

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I saw today why you should never use in game save alone on VBA, i suddenly save stated back from fuchsia with a high 30's team to vermillion with a low 20's team :(. trying to get back there, but my team might look a little different by then

Edit: This is not my day today! I've fought my way to having 7 badges now, but the price has high: i lost 2 two of my most important team members + their fall in's. Now i will need some serious grinding of my new Hitmonlee and Slowpoke

Team:

Spoiler:

Boxed:

Spoiler:

Departed:

Spoiler:

next time i have to remember to catch a pokemon in each area, so that ive got some more to choose from in this situation.

Last edited:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Well, either I've been having quite the luck, I'm skilled, or this is a really easy game.

Spoiler:

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Yeah well, I'm restarting now due to having crappy mons, so heres a new update on my new trial:

Started
    Got Torch, the Torchic
    Encountered Zigzagoons in bot 101 and 103
    Got a Ziggy in 102
    Helped Wally in his pokemon world domination plan
    Killed the Ziggy I wanted to catch on 104
    Wait a Second, what is that? ***** Shroomish!? ***** YEEAAHH!!!!!!! My entire game plan has completely changed thanks to this little guy.

While training Mushi against a Tailow; Tailow used peck! OMFG a Critical Hit!!!! GARFBLEGRF!!! OMFG One hp left THANK YOUZZ WHOEVER HELPED ME!!!

Okay enough of that now. I got through the woods and did battle with those fools.

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
  • Hello Nuzlockians

Long time no.. uhm.. yeah

Started Platinum and got almost nowehre so far

Platinum Legacy

Chapter 1

Spoiler:

I know its short.. my ingenuity is running low and I really am looking for hothead.. not so easy to hack in..

See you in an hour or so Nuzlockians

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Okay so heres another update:

Yup finished my epic grinding and my level 16's were ready to do battle with Roxanne. Easy win (mega drain + STAB + 4x weakness = 240 power). Lets see, I saved Peeko then got a free ride to Dewford. Sweet! Ventured into the cavern for a new Mon and, to my surprise, I encountered an Aron! Named her Dempsy. I then delivered the letter to Steven, then beat Brawley with Torch. Mr. Briney gave me another free ride to Slateport, and just north of there I found a Pluse. "Enjoy the Box." I beat may quite easily (more mega drain, only this time with the miracle seed). Surprisingly, no one has died yet.

Last edited:

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
  • I back Luznockers.. I mean nuzlockers..(I tend not to backspace)

After the slowest intro ever I rebegan yet another solo adventure..

Chapter 2 - So.. Purty..

Spoiler:

Again getting nowhere just explaining that out of pure luck he was Brave natured(to my likings) and Shiny(just cool) lucky day.. anyways

Ppeace out Doorknobs!.. I mean Nuzlockes! :)

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Okay, I decided to rewrite my story in story format

Enter, The Prologue (Sorta)

Spoiler:

jespoke

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Well, i've been grinding for like an hour in super speed to make Mud and Hit catch up + train the whole team to lv 50. up against Giovanni, the league, and then post my final post!

Edit: Finish! i lost Queen, but i beat the League my final team was:

Team:

Spoiler:

Boxed:

Spoiler:

Departed:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Okay, here be Chapter 1: