• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    What do you guys have to say about Nuzlocking a first run of a game? I know Silver pretty well, but haven't played SS and am wondering if doing a Nuzlock the first time around would be entertaining or irritating as all hell? Thanks

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • @ -Cygnus-: I'm Nuzlocking my first run of Black right now, and it's actually a lot more fun than if you know every corner and patch of grass. It may be a bit frustrating at times, though.

@ Magikarplvl.98: It's first Pokemon per area. For example, say I was on Route 1. I run into the grass for the first time, and I first encounter a Pidgey. If I have Pokeballs, I can catch it, and then won't be able to catch Pokemon on Route 1 anymore. If I fail to catch it somehow, I can't try catch another Pokemon in that area, period. You can't trade in this unless you're evolving a Pokemon such as Graveler or Haunter.

Anyhow, I'm grinding up for Skyla. You'll see an official update from me soon (Which will surprisingly include the first death!).

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
  • I'm back Lockers! (Heheh)

Chapter 3 - The Looker

Spoiler:

Heheh I'm a Jubilife

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    Whoa, this is gonna be Pokemon like I've never experienced. Releasing a PKMN if it dies? This is the total opposite of PokeBro.

Allright - I'll do this challenge. Sign me up for Black version.

Also, are we allowed to chuck multiple balls at 1 PKMN?

Last edited:

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    What if our starter dies in the first rival battle, do we have to restart the game?

***Darn I had a female***

Years
  • Whoa, this is gonna be Pokemon like I've never experienced. Releasing a PKMN if it dies? This is the total opposite of PokeBro.

Allright - I'll do this challenge. Sign me up for Black version.

Also, are we allowed to chuck multiple balls at 1 PKMN?

PokeBro is for wilting daisies, whereas the Nuzlocke Challenge is for HARD MEN.
    And yes, you are able to use mutliple balls on a Pokemon, as long as it's the first one you encounter.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Yes, you are allowed to chuck multiples balls at a Pokemon.

Also, update time!

Spoiler:

Also, good to see another Pokemon Black challenger.

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
    Years
  • Sadly my game froze right before I could save before an event.. so I have to redefeat Roark -__- I'm so happy for dragonrage at level 16

Chapter 4 - Clowning Around

Spoiler:

Short Chapters since I'm not speed buttoning through it like I usually do.. (stupid Desmume and its slow moving, and darn No$ for not having a good saving thingy)

Adieu Fellow Lockeheads

Years
  • Awesome Challenge I'm so I want to start with....Leaf green.

Rules I'll be using:
    1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
    3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
    4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
    5. No catching legendaries. (I'm usually a legendary Junkie but they tend to Kill a few before they are caught unless with the master ball)
    6. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
    8. Make Comics whenever something amazing happens. (optional, but still reccomended :I) (will be text based since i suck at Screencapture then what to do with them.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    OK here's where it starts getting serious.

-Caught a Machop and named her Manlius
    -Caught a Psyduck and named him Bob
    -Ace evolved
    -Caught a Shinx (yay!) and named her Anya
    -Anya died :( A critical hit by a Grunt's Glameow's Scratch
    -After going through all that Valley Windworks stuff, I caught a Shellos and named him Shido
    -Training Shido was much easier in the Eterna Forest
    -Unfortunately, another team member was lost to a critical hit. Ace died by a Pachirisu's Shock Wave. This was a pretty hard hit for me.
    -I caught a Buneary in the forest and named him Bugs (I'm assuming since you can't catch Pokemon in double battles that this was a legit catch)
    -Now to equip the Soothe Bell and starting grinding Bugs

Kira's Team:
    Spoiler:

The Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Man, this place just intensified in activity! And by all means, that's a good thing!

Hmmm... Anyhow, I wonder how my team is going to be able to stand up to the fighting types of the Elite Four...

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • The 7th Level is Jinxed
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

The Boxed Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Deceased Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • What if our starter dies in the first rival battle, do we have to restart the game?

***Darn I had a female***

Well, I guess it's not totally necessary, but you technically lost all of your Pokemon, so I'd restart the game, to get the full Nuzlocke experience, if I were you, that is.

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2012
    Okay then, final update! Beat cynthia last night!

Spoiler:

Elite four:
    Spoiler:
    Final Team and important players:
    Spoiler:
    Sorry for dumping the story, didn't have time and I wanted to get this finished before B/W came out here (not until tommorow though).
    I'm planning to nuzlocke firered next, and I'll definately draw a comic to go with it.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • Stuck in Dewford
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

The Boxed Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Deceased Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • After an extra long absence, I'm considering trying Pearl version once more! Of course, there is still much preparation to be done, and I might consider preforming a FireRed run instead. Until then, here are some tips when trying to Locke' Black and White version:

1.)
    The daycare is your FRIEND! Next time, when you get a po
    k
    émon
    that you think you don't need and want to box it, put it in the Daycare instead, so in the case that a vital team member has fallen, you'll have a tough new member to add to the fold! The fact that Unova is riddled with extra bridges helps.

2.)
    Lucky Egg!
    Assuming that you haven't locked the use for items entirely, the egg will cut grinding in half, thus reducing the amount of potential casualties from critical encounters. You're going to have to grind a lot if you want to have a balanced team!

3.)
    Evolite will make all those mid-staged members of yours much more likely to survive the long haul in order to make it to their powerful final forms! This is great for Klang and Krokorok, who'll see quite some down time between their middle stage and final forms.

4.)
    If your going for defeating Cynthia in order to complete your challenge, the post-N game is hard. Make sure that your primary poké is at least 65 before challenging some of the later trainers.

5.)
    Audinos make great EXP. fodder. Search for them early and often to swiftly boost your level gain!

6.)
    The Liberty Pass!
    Though Victini itself might not be allowed for use, the extra trainers you get access to will provide vital extra experience! Might also give something interesting to add to your story.

7.)
    Nurses and Doctors make grinding much easier
    , and providing your not putting restrictions on them, it's never a bad thing to ask one of these field medics to patch up a poké who seems like it "Could take a couple more blows." You'll thank them later when your Pokémon is still standing after "Critical Hit!" shows up.

8.)
    Unless you're extremely careful, you're going to lose some team members, be it from those dastardly Emolga, Watchog's Retaliation, having the snot beaten out of them from trying to capture Throh/Sawk, or many other, less noted methods involving critical hits. Before you have your final team decided, catch anything you can, even if it's one of those worthless Patrats! These willing pokémon will give their life as cannon fodder in order to assure that your tougher members live on. Sturdy stuff like Roggenrola will always survive a single blow, so their efforts will never go to waste trying to heal your team! Rock on little Rog, rock on...

9.)
    One more thing! The Excadrills in Victory Road know Horn Drill! Stay clear of these mighty foes unless you're of a higher level then them!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back