• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
Years
  • Finishing Grinding
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

The Boxed or Daycare Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Deceased Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • Hmm, so after some considerations and some Pokemon capturing I have decided on my final team for Black.

-Gaiden the Samurott: For all around power
    -Jet Li the Sawk: Dark types? Hydreigon? Pfft.
    -Burns the Darmanitan: Pure. Freakin. Power. Will really help with Marshal for that.
    -Ranger the (future) Bisharp: For Caitlin and Shauntal to a degree. Did I mention it would help with Drayden?
    -Behemoth the (future) Golurk: Balances out Ground weakness somewhat. Also can be used for Caitlin and Marshal's Mienshao.
    -Dane the Stoutland: All around power. Could be useful for Caitlin and N/Ghetsis possibly. I'm predicting a combination of Dane and Jet Li can own all of N and Ghetsis besides Zekrom, Seismitoad, and Archeops possibly.

Also, why am I having such luck? Am i just that cautious? I've only been able to capture a Patrat once, even though they're everywhere. Only one team member, and a new one at that, has perished.

Edit:
    On second thought, Osiris's nature isn't really that bad. I think I misread it. Then it turns out that Behemoth has Klutz. And somewhat of a bad nature. Osiris is in, Behemoth is out.

Last edited:

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • A Good Streak
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

The Boxed or Daycare Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Deceased Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Sorry for no update yesterday. I can only type as fast as I can think...

Here be chapter two

Spoiler:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • I got more badges, more Pokemon... But at what cost?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Woot! Update! I am sad to say however that I lost Dempsy XD. I'll release details later though.

Spoiler:

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • So, I have finished the challenge, my goal being Ghetsis defeated. Details on the E4 battles along with the N and Ghetsis battles inside the spoilers:

Spoiler:

And here's a review on each Pokemon's preformance:

Spoiler:

So, I'm thinking of doing another Nuzlocke run in this just for fun, and I'll see which one is better for the comic. We'll see how it turns out.

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    1st Chapter of my Black Nuzlocke challenge: Striaton City.

Spoiler:

TEAM:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    OK I was just plain stupid.

-I took on the Eterna Gym
    -The trainers weren't so bad, between Bugs' Frustration and Manlius' Karate Chop
    -Then I stupidly challenged Gardenia, even though my Pokemon were underleveled
    -Manlius fell to a Razor Leaf crit hit
    -Bugs took out Turtwig but was killed by Cherrim's Magical Leaf
    -Everyone else died to that Cherrim
    -I proceeded to take out Bob the Lv5 Psyduck and try to run back to a place with lower-leveled Pokemon. A Bidoof killed Bob....

I failed, but I'm starting up a Fire Red Nuzlocke.

The Deceased:
    Spoiler:

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I got inspired by some of the people on the official Nuzlocke forum and am currently doing Platinum in hopes of eventually doing a comic (in fact, I have a huge plot planned out that will span the first four regions and a total of six years for the protagonist). I'm on a bit of a hiatus, but my current party consists of:

Ares the Infernape
    Sushi the Gyarados
    Lancelot the Gallade
    Salvatore the Magnezone
    Boris the Hippowdon
    Frutasaur the Tropius

I've had... well, not to spoil but the number of deaths is between five and ten, that's all I'll say. Currently training for the Elite Four, hope to get everyone to at least Level 60, Cynthia's Garchomp in particular scares me. Sushi knows Ice Fang, so that's a small comfort, but I'm not fool enough to assume that'll get me through unscathed.

In case of bad stuff happening I've got a few guys in the box I can use as backup, including Trash Cloak Wormadam, Kricketune, Rhyhorn (at daycare currently), and a Gabite that I'm working on evolving. Yeah, Bugs seem a bit odd but I saw people bring Kricketune and Butterfree to the E4 with successful results, so don't underestimate them.

After Platinum will be one of the Hoenn games, then LeafGreen, and finally HeartGold.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Cynthia's Garchomp in particular scares me.

Give that Gyarados Avalanche, and you'll have Garchomp on toast. Nuff said. Seriously.

What's your username on the official Nuzlocke forum? I'm Sammuthegreat there too. I'll keep a beady eye out for your comics... I'm supposedly working on my first comic, of a Sapphire run I did a while back, but life keeps getting in the way at the moment. I'm planning to tie the plot for my Sapphire run in with my more recent Pearl run... if I ever get round to drawing more.

Slightly more on-topic... I'm going to do a run pretty soon on Black or White. Oh yes.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • I finally figured out the whole plot for the comics.

The order will now be Black -> Platinum -> Firered -> Ruby -> Heartgold

...And it will include amnesia, reliving memories, and beatin' up the bad guys.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I finally figured out the whole plot for the comics.

The order will now be Black -> Platinum -> Firered -> Ruby -> Heartgold

...And it will include amnesia, reliving memories, and beatin' up the bad guys.

Sounds awesome. Are you on the Nuzlocke forum too?

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2013
    Eh, it's kind of mid-challenge (so probably a bit late to be posting this), but here's my team on Black at the moment.

Dandeecott (Whimsicott) Lv.37
    Dharchar (Darmanitan) Lv.36
    Swanduce (Swanna) Lv. 35
    Aractic (Galvantula) Lv.36
    Roquette (Gigalith) Lv.30

Had a few losses here and there, including my starter, Slythe, the Servine, who, after defeating Elesa almost completely by himself, lost to a toddler's Herdier in the double battle west of Nimbasa. +1 atk. helping hand boosted critical hit Take Down took it down in one hit. Fail.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Give that Gyarados Avalanche, and you'll have Garchomp on toast. Nuff said. Seriously.

What's your username on the official Nuzlocke forum? I'm Sammuthegreat there too. I'll keep a beady eye out for your comics... I'm supposedly working on my first comic, of a Sapphire run I did a while back, but life keeps getting in the way at the moment. I'm planning to tie the plot for my Sapphire run in with my more recent Pearl run... if I ever get round to drawing more.

Ah, thanks. I've never even used the move Avalanche so I hadn't thought of that. Great idea, Sushi's already close to level 60 so she should make that a snap. As for the forum, I haven't actually joined that but my username'll probably be "Graphing Mercury" or some variation (long story as to how I came up with that), and I named my player character Mercury as a play on that and the Galactic admin names.

I have a mostly free day today so I'm hoping to get some good grinding in.

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • UPDATE! (sorta)

Ok, so here's how Dempsy died. Crit haxx from a Shroomish. I caught Mr. Camel and Mrs. Camel (Numels) from the route above Maulville and fiery path. Mrs. is a backup should the worst happen.

I am sad to say that I will not continue writting the story (I'm lazy)

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    I might not have mentioned, but I started a Nuzlocke challenge on Firered. I just entered Mt. Moon and my team is Puny the Squirtle, Pajaro the Spearow, Pekenese the Rattata, and Hawkeye the Nidoran Male. I have one casualty, Deathfang the Rattata, and two missed catches (Weedle in Viridian Forest and Clefairy at Mt. Moon (I forgot I was Nuzlocking).

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • UPDATE!

First things first: Mr. Camal is not from route 111, but from 112. Route 113 (I think?) is a Spinda, the next route a Seedot (major headesk there lol). Meteor Falls is Sunny the Solrock.

Maxie went down nicely, but I almost lost Torch to Golbat.

Firey Path get issssssssssssssss

Numel :(

Flannery went down easily, but at what cost? Mr. Camel to be exact. After that, Egg get and goggles get. Route 111 get is Kasi the Cacnea (I'm not sure of the gender)

Yeah so mostly garbage pokemon gets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back