• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

You guys didn't know? Pokey is now Pixy and Pixy is now Pokey!

I don't think my mom even knows this forum exists, despite taking my laptop all the time. I don't remember if my dad knows.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Can I switch places with Shawn then? I wanna live in another country for once o3o

I tell my mom about this place often. Mostly about the political stuff that goes on in blogs, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I like Economics, but I dislike Politics.

Speaking of Economics I need money and I need to do homework.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Economics is awesome! Politics, on the other hand, is almost as bad as sports. At least politics get paid as much as they should, whereas athletes get paid too damn much despite the fact that they hardly contribute anything good to the community.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

They contribute entertainment, and if it weren't for sports even more of the world would be obese than they already are. While you may not like sports, it doesn't mean that they don't contribute anything. I mean.. while yes they might be getting paid a little more than they should, it's just the same as actors: they get paid to entertain.

All Politics does is make people argue.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

So entertainment > education? If it weren't for learning how the hell would these people even know how to play the sports they do? Same with acting; you aren't born with the ability to act.

What a twisted, freaked up society we live in. Someday I'll write a letter to Obama or whoever's president when I build up the courage to do so saying how teachers need to be paid more than athletes and actors.

...This is probably the only thing I'd be willing to argue about, politics-wise. The same with capital punishment. I'm also very close to being pro-life but there are still some factors that make me think abortion is sometimes OK.

/stops with the politics; I'm getting tired of hearing my own arguments

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

uh... Wow. I was just mentioning how sports contribute to our lives, since you said that they didn't do much, and I even agreed that they might be a bit overpaid for what they do. I didn't say a single word about education, or anything. I agree that there needs to be more emphasis on education. You're jumping to conclusions, my dear. I wasn't looking at sports at a financial point of view. I was looking at it at a life-style point of view.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

I'd actually been talking to my mother about how I think teachers should be paid more than athletes earlier, so that's where I pulled that from XD;

Still, sports teach kids that if you lose you're screwed and that education isn't as important since you can still make a crapload without having to learn as much. And even the jobs that aren't sports that pay a lot aren't used as role models as much as sports.

...I should really stop. I'm terrible at arguing, especially when it comes to getting my point across. Just like Winston Payne.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

A lot of athletes actually have degrees. A lot of athletes would probably also go and tell people to go and get an education. Also, I think you're limiting your view to the Big Leagues, such as the NFL and so on. There are soooooo many sport teams and stuff that go around that aren't big league and that people go and do on their spare time. There are also many sport competitions that help things such as Cancer, the Salvation Army, and just so many other things. Let's not drag the whole foundation of Sports because of the big leagues. There's so much more to it.

I see your point, but there are so many holes. It probably doesn't help that your biased against them.

Also. Marching Band is a Sport. kthnksbye.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Like I said, terrible at arguing XD; Nonetheless, I still say they should cut athletes'/actors' pay and raise teachers' pay so that it's more fair. They may not appear in tabloids as much, but they're heroes too.

/edits in "heroes" and the FT Main Theme begins to play; SOB I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH A WEEK OF NATSU SUPPOSEDLY BEING DEAD EVEN THOUGH IT'S LIKELY HE ISN'T

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Actually, my MacroEconomic teacher says that right now College teachers are getting more because more people are going back to school. he said that when the Economy is up, college teachers get less because more people go 'oh lol i can just easily get a job without a degree' and thus a while back the college teachers
    (i guess at my college) joked and said that the Economy should go down a little (but not as much as it did).

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

...Brb rooting for the economy to go down (but not so down that we go into a terrible recession or another Great Depression...).

Also doesn't help that I read a Foxtrot comic in one of my books where the teacher said something like: "I've got a job lined up at a fast food joint for the summer. Finally, this teacher's gonna know what it's like to earn cash!"

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

.... The unemployment rate is already terribly high, and you want it to go higher? I hooonestly hope you're joking; economists are already talking about how we might head into a double-dip (aka another recession, though some argue we never got out of the recession in the first place). I would love to get a job kthnksbye. The unemployment rate here is like.. 12ish percent.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years

Usually if I start off with "Brb *insert something here*" I'm joking. Unless it's anime/video game-related XD; You're not alone in wanting a paid job!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

That was a terrible joke then. :( Work on your joking skills my dear! (or make them more obvious to someone who has a headache, sleepy, and is sore)

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 22, 2021

Politics is a necessary evil. It is a non-violent means of arguing. It really is a battleground of words and legalities and personal constitution. o3o You fight for what you believe in. Don't blame the system: blame the players of the game. :B

ANYWHO! Heyyyy everybody :3 I not dead yet.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years

AN HOUR AND A HALF MORE.

THIS WAS THE LONGEST WEEK EVER HNGGG.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back