• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakala Pri

Noooow, what do you prefer in a Poison type? Speed, Attack, Defense? :P

I really like having good speed and attack, probably bad defense or something. ^^ Or maybe Special Attack replaying Attack, I dunno, haha. xD

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I actually like that they are very diverse. You could have a team of all Poison-types and cover all of your bases very well. Weezing as a defensive wall, Muk as a special wall, Crobat with speed and good attack, Gengar with special attack, and the Nidos to cover whatever else those guys missed :P

Nakala Pri

Except their are a lot of Ground Types, which sucks. ;-; But a Nidoqueen/Nidoqueen with stuff like Ice Fang and Grass Knot or whatever rot they're producing would do the trick! C:

Just kidding, the only move I dislike is Draining Kiss. It's disgusting and I think Syvleon frenching a Grimer and taking all of it's slop and energy is quite frankly revolting. xD

Years
  • Noooow, what do you prefer in a Poison type? Speed, Attack, Defense? :P

I like going with both offense and defense as far as Poison-types are concerned. For a defensive Poison-type, I like to set up with things like Toxic and Toxic Spikes to wear walls down as well as carry a Black Sludge on them to restore health every turn and make it hard to take down. As for offensive, I usually like to give them the role of destroying Fairy-types now that Poison has another type advantage other than Grass. That's the role my Roserade in X serves right now, her role is taking down Fairy-types alongside filling one of the obligatory Grass/Fire/Water trio slots that I usually carry on ingame teams.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
    Years
  • Noooow, what do you prefer in a Poison type? Speed, Attack, Defense? :P

I go with speed and offense so that I can set toxic spikes and toxic to my opponent.

Nakala Pri

Noooow, what do you prefer in a Poison type? Speed, Attack, Defense? :P

I like going with both offense and defense as far as Poison-types are concerned. For a defensive Poison-type, I like to set up with things like Toxic and Toxic Spikes to wear walls down as well as carry a Black Sludge on them to restore health every turn and make it hard to take down. As for offensive, I usually like to give them the role of destroying Fairy-types now that Poison has another type advantage other than Grass. That's the role my Roserade in X serves right now, her role is taking down Fairy-types alongside filling one of the obligatory Grass/Fire/Water trio slots that I usually carry on ingame teams.

Sounds like you've got a nice strategy there, sounds nice and coordinated. C:

I don't use Poison Types that much, but I do like having a sense of power, like being able to wipe 'em out with a single swipe! :D But of course I have to level up quite a bit and quit whining about my carpal tunnel acting up. xD

I'll definitely say that Attack is always the most important to me. ^^

By the way, I have a new found love for Bug Type Pokemon. :3 I think they're now my favorite type. :X

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey I'd love to join please.
    I would pick Ariados, Bellsprout and Garbodor as my two+one favourite poison patsies.

I think what draws me to poison is the belief in the strengths of underrated pokemon. Usualy I'm drawn to pokemon with gimicky abilities or moves for somereason. The cookiecutter smogon sets tend to cause a drawn out sigh.

Noooow, what do you prefer in a Poison type? Speed, Attack, Defense?
    Solid defence and setting a a win condition with a toxic stall or taking out a threat for another pokemon.

There are so many high sp.A high speed Psychics out there threatening the poison types of this world.(cept Skuntank,Drapion who does't afraid of anything) But all a poison pokemon needs is a friend, a friend who can say enough is enough! I will not take another Extrasensory or Psyco Cut. Seeing as only steel, psychic and dark types resist one of these mean, unfair and probably illegal onslaughts, That only leaves 90+ possible threat murdering friends (i got sick of counting there may be more... Or less if we're planing on switching into a +2mega alakazam... I DIGRESS. A friend with complementary defences is a friend indeed but a friend with w*** is better

Nakala Pri

I would pick Ariados, Bellsprout and Garbodor as my two+one favourite poison patsies.

I think what draws me to poison is the belief in the strengths of underrated pokemon. Usualy I'm drawn to pokemon with gimicky abilities or moves for somereason. The cookiecutter smogon sets tend to cause a drawn out sigh.

Solid defence and setting a a win condition with a toxic stall or taking out a threat for another pokemon.

There are so many high sp.A high speed Psychics out there threatening the poison types of this world.(cept Skuntank,Drapion who does't afraid of anything) But all a poison pokemon needs is a friend, a friend who can say enough is enough! I will not take another Extrasensory or Psyco Cut. Seeing as only steel, psychic and dark types resist one of these mean, unfair and probably illegal onslaughts, That only leaves 90+ possible threat murdering friends (i got sick of counting there may be more... Or less if we're planing on switching into a +2mega alakazam... I DIGRESS. A friend with complementary defences is a friend indeed but a friend with w*** is better

Welcome to the club, Tom! C: I really hope you enjoy this club. ^^ And it's a honour that your first post is in mah club! :D It's really awesome. :3

I see you're quite the talker, haha. Well, it was a tad confusing but I'm not too bright so don't mind me. C:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it depends on their designs and what kind of attacks they have in their movepools. If their bodies are huge and have the ability to use recovery and defense-boosting moves like Acid Armor, Wish, Heal Bell, and Amnesia, then I would use them for their defensive stats. If they look slim and have access to Quick Attack, Sucker Punch, and other fast-paced moves, then I'd use them for their Speed. And last, if they've got a fierce- and aggressive-looking design and could use Thunder Punch, Dragon Claw, Outrage, Draco Meteor, and other hard-hitting attacks, then I would utilize them for their offenses. :]

Nakala Pri

I really like good attack and speed in a Pokemon, just makes me feel more like a ninja, haha. C:

Plus having Special Attack makes me feel awesome! >:D *puts on sunglasses*

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Hmm, koff~

Been gone a little while and see that people keep changing names and avatars and all that, much to my chagrin. Oh well. Really bummed out about the Pokemon bank, but luckily managed to snag a Koffing off of the GTS. I haven't played the games in a week or two 'cause I've been busy. Once the bank gets rolling, I'll have some good times, koffi~

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
    Years
  • Just kidding, the only move I dislike is Draining Kiss. It's disgusting and I think Syvleon frenching a Grimer and taking all of it's slop and energy is quite frankly revolting. xD

You don't know how bad I wanted to breed that move on a Nidoran Female. Or any Kiss for that matter. They bloody learn Captivate, why the heck not?

Best for Poison? I can't say, but I feel like Speed is good for anyone, and if they don't have that, then Defense and/or HP to at least make the opponent feel like they have to slog through the fight against your Pokemon.

Oh, and speaking of Poke Bank and GTS, I managed to get myself Chikorita and it snowballed from there, with all starters now in possession, Pokemon I didn't want (to go out of my way to evolve) for Pokedex purposes (that's like, almost all of Generation IV and V), and some missing Gen I-III favorites. Porygon is back again!

Overall, GTS is pretty handy to cheap your way through the Pokedex if you breed a lot of starters. "Hey, you guys like Totodile. I don't like... Electabuzz's evo. Give me that so I don't have to waste my time and you can have an awesome giant lizard in the future in exchange!"

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • I have a story about the move Poison Jab. On Pokemon Showdown, since I don't have any of the new games or game systems, I made a bunch of teams on there. I was using a full Ghost team which included Phantump. One of his moves is Forest's Curse, which turns the opponent into a Grass type. He also can learn Poison Jab, so I gave it to him. In battle, I used Forest's Curse and then Poison Jab, which quickly took out my opponent since Grass is weak again Poison. I laughed. I ended up winning the battle I think.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Throwing in a new topic, guys! Which poison-type Pokémon would you like to see an evolution for? I, personally, would love to see Toxicroak evolve. When it does, its body would grow bigger and look similar to Machoke. It would get a slight decrease in its Speed perhaps, but would gain a major boost to its Attack and Defense in-return. It'd also get an increase to its Special Defense. Along with Toxicroak, I want to see an evolution for Drapion as well.

Years
  • Which poison-type Pokémon would you like to see an evolution for?
    I couldn't come up with anything interesting. Story of my life. But I'd love to see a new Rotom alternate form for poison. Perhaps the trash compactor or... Na thats all Iv got.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • Which poison-type Pokémon would you like to see an evolution for?
    I couldn't come up with anything interesting. Story of my life. But I'd love to see a new Rotom alternate form for poison. Perhaps the trash compactor or... Na thats all Iv got.

That's actually not bad. Electric/Poison? I'm all for it.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I always wondered how they would pull off a Weezing evolution so that would be my pick. I wouldn't mind seeing a Venomoth evo either.

Nakala Pri

Guys, I'm going to be AFK forra bit, but I really want you to keep this club running without me until I return. I'll try and come on as much as I can but I need some help to keep this club alive... FOR THE TOXICS!! ;-;

Bye! Love you guys! Try not to die without me! xD

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Guys, I'm going to be AFK forra bit, but I really want you to keep this club running without me until I return. I'll try and come on as much as I can but I need some help to keep this club alive... FOR THE TOXICS!! ;-;

Bye! Love you guys! Try not to die without me! xD

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Don't worry, we have to keep it alive, otherwise we would fail you as members.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back