• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakala Pri

I will be on sometimes, depending if I do a sufficient amount of work to earn that privilege. I must say, I'm on a healthier road since my mom put this rule in and I feel really good! ^^ Just miss my friends so bad, tho. ;-;

By the way, I got a new Pokemon X (wish i could have got a y, but hey, not too bad) and I got two Toxics... C:

Skunktank and Venusaur, my two babies! ^^

Years
    That sucks about your mum n stuff.
    On a different note, today I decieded to take a break from getting ripped off on GTS and hatching millions of masuda eggs. So I did some singles 3s on battlespot. My rating is tre bad its only 1270 atm but its all for the love. Anyway i got matched against a Japanese girl(?) who had a full poison team with:
    Muk
    Weezing
    Venusaur
    Toxicroak
    Gengar
    Drapion

My first thought was OH MY GLOBB
    I pulled Malamar,Volcarona and Exeggutor. Long story short, I won but only barely because it came down to focus sash Gengar vs Exeggutor. She kept using destiny bond on 1hp instead of attacking, allowing me to setup a substitute and leechseed for the kill (it bypasses destiny bond as i suspected it would).

But this team isnt as Farfetch'd as it may seem. A special wall in Muk, a physical wall in Weezing, a special attacker in Gengar, physical attacker in Drapion(it was extremely fast too mustv been jolly or scarfd), an annoying invincible tree and a dry frog. A well balanced team allround and if played abit differently may have had the better of me.

What do you guys think?
    What would be your ultimate all poison team of three?
    Or two poison types and a third with a poison type attack

Eviolite Whirlpede rest-talk. Has anyone tried this?
    Clear Smog Magmortar too clear those pesky steeltypes.
    and Bellsprout to crack that vine whip

Last edited:

Nakala Pri

Whoa, she really loved Poison Types, eh? O.O

Having an entire team of Toxics would be fun but I mean, c'mon, a few Ground and Psychics and you'd have a slaughter. You gotta have some back up to cover the super effective types, which is what she should have done. C:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Whoa, she really loved Poison Types, eh? O.O

Having an entire team of Toxics would be fun but I mean, c'mon, a few Ground and Psychics and you'd have a slaughter. You gotta have some back up to cover the super effective types, which is what she should have done. C:

Tentacruel to counter the Ground-types, Nidoking or Gengar to counter the Psychic-types. Between those three you actually get REALLY good type coverage.

Nakala Pri

Those little guys...

Man, I hate it when I'm wrong. xD *throws tantrum*

Nakala Pri

Now I'm going to have to move to Hawaii, bring my Skunktank and live off her flea's and drink the Natives urine until you all forget what I said. ;c

But what will my Venusaur think? ;0l

Nakala Pri

Haha, I suppose I'll have to use a memory wiper device of this entire conversation. xD

I realize how much attention Toxics are getting in Pokemon X. :O I even saw a Qwlfish at one point...

A QWLFISH! And they're deader then disco. xD

Wicked3DS

Years
    We actually discussed a couple of Fire/Poison type possibilities over in the Poison-type club. One was a snake and one was a gaseous form (I was told not to reveal anymore at the risk of noogies D: )

Just wanted to let you know the topic came up in my club but I did not spoil our secrets :P

Nakala Pri

Hey, I wanna know all of your guys names! ^^ Since y'all all mah buds! :D

Where are the girls in this club? xD

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm Alex too, hi! :D

Haha, I suppose I'll have to use a memory wiper device of this entire conversation. xD

I realize how much attention Toxics are getting in Pokemon X. :O I even saw a Qwlfish at one point...

A QWLFISH! And they're deader then disco. xD
    Ohh man I know, it's been so great seeing all the Poison-type Pokémon in Gen VI, especially now with them countering the new Fairy-type Pokémon. I used a Muk as my starter in my recent play-through (traded in as a Grimer egg at the 1st gym town) and it was a real star of the team. I used it alongside a Poliwrath and a Delphox so the competition was pretty tough for him, but Muk usually turned out to be the star of the show. (Probably because he's the only one I focussed on with Aime/Super Training (Which incidentally was adorable!) but oh well haha.)

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
    Wow, koff~

I am so far behind. Also, I've been trying to find me a new job and trying to balance bills, school, and a couple jobs is a feat for me. That and I'm lazier than a laser cannon (that's a joke). So I've been quite busy.

I have not played the games in quite a while, maybe about three weeks or so. Mainly due to the delay of the Pokemon Bank. It really hurt my progress and determination to keep playing. Anyways, I still have a couple Koffing and that's about all I got off the GTS that I wanted; that and I still need a female Abra with magic guard contained in a Luxball. I really need it in a luxball and until I get that, I can't solidify one of my teams.

Also, been getting that game informer magazine. Man, what a bunch of tools. I miss Brother Buzz and all his crew at GamePro. That magazine right there was a piece of art. Informer seems really forced and unlikable. Granted, it is funded by Gamestop so that is understandable. I can't believe so many people loved The Last of Us. They lay it on thick "These are the best stories I've ever seen or read! So amazing! And so believable!". Yeah, right. That game is the worst game I've ever spent my money on.

On another note, I've noticed I've been playing my Vita more often than my Nintendo handheld, so there is also that obstacle to get past. Okay, remote play for the Vita? Great. Playing Shadow of the Colossus on the Vita? Better. Yes.

Sadly, as far as the handhelds go, I have to give the hat to Sony for this one. As soon as Nintendo sucks it up and starts doing Metroid side-scrolling games again (A Metroid collection would be best here.), it's going to stay that way.

On another note, I'm beginning to wonder about my Playstation Plus subscription. So far I've been seeing some really, really, [insert foul language here] games lately for free. DmC (Capcom trash), BL2, a few games I already own and more Capcom Trash. So far the only thing that caught my eye there was SC and Ico. Ranting and raving about nothing.

Also, Sega is coming out with a new Alien game! Alien: Isolation! First off, if this game takes place aboard the Nostromo, you can take the entire movie franchise plots and timelines and throw them out the window. That was my first thought. And Pokemon: Pokemon Bank should be fixed early February. I hope. Until then, no Pokemon for me.

Gotta run, love you, bye, koffi~

Nakala Pri

Well, there is also a Alex in this house, so let's have an Alex fest. xD

My new name is Alex, haha. :D

I'm Alex too, hi! :D

Ohh man I know, it's been so great seeing all the Poison-type Pokémon in Gen VI, especially now with them countering the new Fairy-type Pokémon. I used a Muk as my starter in my recent play-through (traded in as a Grimer egg at the 1st gym town) and it was a real star of the team. I used it alongside a Poliwrath and a Delphox so the competition was pretty tough for him, but Muk usually turned out to be the star of the show. (Probably because he's the only one I focussed on with Aime/Super Training (Which incidentally was adorable!) but oh well haha.)

WE NEED MORE ALEX'S!! :D

Yeah, at first my Delphox was totally the star, then I met a Stunky, with gorgeous shiny eyes, a cute little butt-face who was as tough as nails. I had to have it. xD I named it Pandora and OMG is it the star! <3 I love it so much and it is impossible to kill. xD Screw cats, this has got like, eight hundred lives, lol. xD

Pokemon Amie was such a good move! I love being able to poke Kangkaskan's bottom and annoy it's baby. xD Plus I loved feeding my little Ivysaur toothrot, haha.

Two Alex's?! *gasp*

Something must be done about this!

Now there's three! We need MOAR! xD

Wow, koff~

I am so far behind. Also, I've been trying to find me a new job and trying to balance bills, school, and a couple jobs is a feat for me. That and I'm lazier than a laser cannon (that's a joke). So I've been quite busy.

I have not played the games in quite a while, maybe about three weeks or so. Mainly due to the delay of the Pokemon Bank. It really hurt my progress and determination to keep playing. Anyways, I still have a couple Koffing and that's about all I got off the GTS that I wanted; that and I still need a female Abra with magic guard contained in a Luxball. I really need it in a luxball and until I get that, I can't solidify one of my teams.

Also, been getting that game informer magazine. Man, what a bunch of tools. I miss Brother Buzz and all his crew at GamePro. That magazine right there was a piece of art. Informer seems really forced and unlikable. Granted, it is funded by Gamestop so that is understandable. I can't believe so many people loved The Last of Us. They lay it on thick "These are the best stories I've ever seen or read! So amazing! And so believable!". Yeah, right. That game is the worst game I've ever spent my money on.

On another note, I've noticed I've been playing my Vita more often than my Nintendo handheld, so there is also that obstacle to get past. Okay, remote play for the Vita? Great. Playing Shadow of the Colossus on the Vita? Better. Yes.

Sadly, as far as the handhelds go, I have to give the hat to Sony for this one. As soon as Nintendo sucks it up and starts doing Metroid side-scrolling games again (A Metroid collection would be best here.), it's going to stay that way.

On another note, I'm beginning to wonder about my Playstation Plus subscription. So far I've been seeing some really, really, [insert foul language here] games lately for free. DmC (Capcom trash), BL2, a few games I already own and more Capcom Trash. So far the only thing that caught my eye there was SC and Ico. Ranting and raving about nothing.

Also, Sega is coming out with a new Alien game! Alien: Isolation! First off, if this game takes place aboard the Nostromo, you can take the entire movie franchise plots and timelines and throw them out the window. That was my first thought. And Pokemon: Pokemon Bank should be fixed early February. I hope. Until then, no Pokemon for me.

Gotta run, love you, bye, koffi~

That's okay, Koffee, totally understandable. But don't overwork yourself! Otherwise not only will your health deplete, you might run out of Moomoo milks. And then who'd make the coffee? Lmao. xD

Game Informer.... unlikable? ;-; Every time I go to EB Games I totally grab a copy, it's awesome and it's reviews actually pin-point the faults and don't cover them up and say they're 'fine' when actually in real life you'll be spending the next four hours trekking through a stupid jungle with game mechanic's which suck more then QWLFISH!!! >:C

Too many bad experiences with faulty advertising, haha. xD

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
    The land of Alex Confusion...

I have to agree with Tiara, I get Game Informer and I enjoy reading them. They do a very good job with their reviews and they are pretty accurate I must say.

On a side note, I haven't touched Pokémon X in weeks. I really just want to transfer my Pokémon over (which probably means I should beat Black 2 so I can move stuff up from HeartGold :P )

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My team would include Toxicroak, Venusaur, and Gengar. Toxicroak would be the physical sweeper of my team, Gengar would be special sweeper, and Venusaur would be the staller. If I were allowed to have one non-poison type, then I'd replace Venusaur with either Chansey or Blissey. :p

Wicked3DS

Years
    Hmm...
    Gengar
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hypnosis
    -Thunderbolt
    -Psychic

Nidoking
    -Earthquake
    -Megahorn
    -Stone Edge
    -Flamethrower

Tentacruel
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Giga Drain

Covers every type very effectively at least once, plus they are some of my favorite Toxics.

SnailCandy

Bass Dropper
    Years
    I apologize for my absence! School exams and extracurriculars have had me running circles round myself for days now! Anyway, the ultimate poison trio? Ahhhh~

Tentacruel @Leftovers : Rain Dish :
    Timid (+Speed, -Atk) 252 HP, 236 Def, 20 Speed

-Rain Dance
    -Rapid Spin
    -Scald
    -Protect

Scolipede @Black Sludge : Swarm :
    Jolly (+Speed, -Sp Atk) 128 HP, 124 Atk, 252 Speed

-Spikes
    -Toxic Spikes
    -Aqua Tail
    -Megahorn