• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
  • WIP2.png

There ya go, I brightened up the colors then made an evo, I personally like the evo more then the original. What you guys think

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Wow. Pikachu is really obvious, they're not fakemon, they're just horrible edits/recolors.
    Ihe ear colors look odd in my opinion, as well as it being just a recolor some parts aren't even shaded.
    Try something harder, like actually adding parts, ears don't count, they don't affect shading and stuff of the like.
    No need to comment so harshly while posting. Instead, try and show a bit more encouragement rather than saying it's "horrible". Heck, you can even take a level position and simply offer c+c, which is all that is required.

1: EVERYTHING is shaded. What do you think shading is?

2: Adding a part means putting a part on it that wasn't there before. Ears do count. Even if they didn't, I added a tail and teeth on Pikachu. What? Did you thing I took them from a Snorlax?

Next time you want to come in and bash my work, think out your insults before making a poopy-brains of yourself.

And Kaku, thank you for your suggestion. I will consider that in the future.
    Just because someone has dealt you a harsh comment that doesn't mean that you have the right to respond in a negative manner. Just try and take whatever c+c you can from it.

If I see this from either of you again then warnings shall be given out accordingly.

Moreover, the report button has a reason for being there. If you see anyone break the rules, you're just one click away from having it sorted out, that's what Signomi and I are here for. So there is no need to comment on these actions yourself.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    WIP2.png

There ya go, I brightened up the colors then made an evo, I personally like the evo more then the original. What you guys think

It's really nice, loving the evo, though I can;t help but feel it looks too much like Nidorino =/ It's probably the colour scheme.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Anywho, here's something I drew a few days ago. There's a few things that I haven't drawn, but I've already shown it to a few people, but I just haven't gotten around to colouring it ... yet.

2m4og40.png

IT'S XP-TAN!

And hair is just a pain in the rear end XD;;;

So yeah, c+c please :>

And in case anyone is wondering, yes she is very clothes. They're just skin-tight XD;;;;
    lol das hot x3 bahahah *can see why some peopel think im a guy wvent though it says 'FEMALE' up dere....
    lol, awesome anatomy, i really can think if any crits sofar! cant wait to see more! xp
    oh, and thanks lol. my pic has dynamo~

First off, Maz... when you try to be happy, you are a little wierd. Just a tad.

hahahah. i know. its awefl, is it not?
    and as far as that sprite does, it looks so much like nidorino. o.o i think its due to the pallete and pose. but still, its really well exectued!!!<3 (god, i love that phrase) i really like t hem both. your awesome!
    even though i know its your style. if your gunna make fakemon.. you might wanna add atad moe black... *thinks i remember that that way anyway*
    keep it up every one! *thumbs up* :D

set3.png

i cnt velive i forgot.
    that was the REASON i posted... T_T im so thick.
    lol, its nuddun
    want some c&c before i colour.
    Its my Charas Fu' and Trent.
    lol.. Trents the evil one really. even though Fu' looks worse here. its an illusion! 8D

Last edited:

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • No need to comment so harshly while posting. Instead, try and show a bit more encouragement rather than saying it's "horrible". Heck, you can even take a level position and simply offer c+c, which is all that is required.

Sorreh, I can get a little harsh and Elitist. I'm tyrin' to be nice though. Gosh I feel like a n00b.
    Unoriginally Funny, did you use Nidorino as the base? Not sure if it's coincidence or if I'm right, nevertheless I do like it better than the pre-evo. The little bunny thing looks like it has a moehawk, which kind of ruins the whole psychic thing, in a way. The evo looks a little bland, possibly some kind of marking or growth on the side could be added, as it's just a wierd spot with a wierd line drawn on it, although i still like it better than the pre evo. Just a suggestion but maybe the pre evo could use the evo's pallette, the lighter more pinkier apllette looks much better than the darker more purplier pallette. Just a suggestion. And maybe give us some names, I think calling them evo and pre evo is a little confusing.

((When I get back on Paint I'll do meself a nice crappy heavy edit, a I suck at them. Horribly. Then you can see my m@d spriting ski11z.))
    Edit:
    Here's that thing, for now I'll just classify it as an emerald bunny, not sure about the name.
    emeraldbunny.gif

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • It's really nice, loving the evo, though I can;t help but feel it looks too much like Nidorino =/ It's probably the colour scheme.

Haha, If you guys hadn't noticed I used nidoran girl's body as a base and pretty much edited it. I mean the only thing I kept for that body was the feet and a bit of the bottom, everything else was me. Couldn't tell?

And yes that is Nidorino's had and some of his body, I i edited the head some, and I'm going back and redoing the pose to make it look less like him.

I'm tyring to use as little as help from the pokemon's base and re scratch it. like on the evo, I will have new legs, and some new body.

Names...names. I'll get some to ya. But yeah I'll fix it up with your advice and make the new body for the evo.

EDIT: The color scheme on the second one is actually Koffing's colors...I believe thats the one.

EDIT2: kastoras is the name for the pre-evo. It is greek for beaver, since that is what it looks like.
    krinisgno is the name for the evo. It is a mix between the word eilikrinis or one way to say open in greek and gnomi or a way to say mind in greek. Since he can't see still his mind is open.

If you guys can think of better names let me know haha.

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • wow mazil, your ability to sprite outlining bases is beyond impressive. your newest peice doesn't even need shading, it's pretty awesome how it is. with your outlining ability and (thinks of someone who shades well who won't offend those who shade just as well but decides people will be offended nonetheless) an equally highly-detailed shading ability, you could make some real neat masterpeices.

ray.z: i have no idea what or who xp-tan is, but ima definitely go and find out XD... looks good so far, but she seems a little too viluptious near the bottom of the wip sprite.

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Well here's a sprite I did awhile ago. Been awhile since i've sprited a Pokemon so I figured i'd get back into it. So here's a Spinda.

spindazo5.png

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
    Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    aviator, that work right there is really cool.. you should make a backup and try adding color to see how it looks. Anyways.. someone gimme a cool idea for a trainer HEAVY edit. Im bored.. and all i hve to do is play MG Acid on psp.. which is not necesarily a bad thing :P

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • esupio: it's pretty nice. i see no problems with the shading... but what is it? o.O

AJUST: forgot to comment on your sponge bob overworlds... flawless. awesome job.

goat: just as good as ever. you should probably try making the shading more intense... it's hard to tell that there is any shading with such a small sprite. also, i wanted to know, what other kind of themes do you sprite? you mention not spriting pokemon for a while...

dreem: you should try looking at the new D/P trainer sprites (PokemonElite2000). there are so many poses and colors to play with.

Years
  • esupio: it's pretty nice. i see no problems with the shading... but what is it? o.O

AJUST: forgot to comment on your sponge bob overworlds... flawless. awesome job.

goat: just as good as ever. you should probably try making the shading more intense... it's hard to tell that there is any shading with such a small sprite. also, i wanted to know, what other kind of themes do you sprite? you mention not spriting pokemon for a while...

dreem: you should try looking at the new D/P trainer sprites (PokemonElite2000). there are so many poses and colors to play with.

Its really just a person, with a wierd shaped hand, and body XD

Corrosion

Support Pokemon Amber!
    Years
  • previewsig6.png

Some custom AW sprites i made for a fan made game, Custom wars.
    I have more, but these are probably the best.
    The order:
    Top Left- Infantry
    Top Right- Artillery
    Bottom: Fighter

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • ((When I get back on Paint I'll do meself a nice crappy heavy edit, a I suck at them. Horribly. Then you can see my m@d spriting ski11z.))
    Edit:
    Here's that thing, for now I'll just classify it as an emerald bunny, not sure about the name.
    emeraldbunny.gif

Can I get some C+C please?
    Thinking about naming it Emababit
    (Emerald, Rabbit))

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Try and take away what makes it look like nidoran. Otherwise very nice, I can't seem to say anything else about it

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    maelstrom, the sprite is.. well, its interesting, im going to leave it at that. Its deffinatly creative enough, but it lacks form and the lines look funny to me. Just touch that stuff up.. it will look cool.

Samson- thats what i have been doing.. I have loads of stuff... every DP sprite..bla bla bla..
    i need inspiration.. its like.. spriters block. haha... yeah.. so any challenges or anything?

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    alright.. heres my result of boredom and no ideas, thanks UF, but you were a little late :P
    CULTURAL DIVERSITY!! (and this is in no way meant to be offensive in any way shape or form to anybody)
    Edwin.png

His name is Edwin

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • My bad, but hey you can still take the idea. I don't really like this one as much as your others, don't know why though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back