• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Aviator Maz: Gah! Again, excellent work there. The line art was impressive just by itself (it's so full of life and action). And then you went and coloured it in, making it look even more vibrant and alive than before. Keep it up!

Unoriginally Funny: Hmm, you always seem to draw your sprites quite small, y'know that? And while there's nothing wrong with, you'll just find it hard to show certain details as you've already stated.

Anywho, both of the designs seem fine. The mammalian one looks particularly impressive. The scorpion one is nice enough, but I think I'll have to wait until you give it some more detail, cause it's hard to imagine what it'll look like at the moment.

Anywho, here's something I drew a few days ago. There's a few things that I haven't drawn, but I've already shown it to a few people, but I just haven't gotten around to colouring it ... yet.

2m4og40.png

IT'S XP-TAN!

And hair is just a pain in the rear end XD;;;

So yeah, c+c please :>

And in case anyone is wondering, yes she is very clothes. They're just skin-tight XD;;;;

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Alright, tell me how these look.
    They are still a Work in Progress, but I need alittle help now.
    The first is supposed to be a psychic mammal, not sure if I should call it a rat or something, maybe a beaver haha.

The second is supposed to be a scorpion. This one is kinda hard.

They're both pretty good designs. Like Amachi said, your sprites tend to be really small, but they're still quite good usually. The scorpion's pose looks a little awkward with the left claw going back. I would change the claws to both be up in front of the face.

Aviator Maz: Gah! Again, excellent work there. The line art was impressive just by itself (it's so full of life and action). And then you went and coloured it in, making it look even more vibrant and alive than before. Keep it up!

Unoriginally Funny: Hmm, you always seem to draw your sprites quite small, y'know that? And while there's nothing wrong with, you'll just find it hard to show certain details as you've already stated.

Anywho, both of the designs seem fine. The mammalian one looks particularly impressive. The scorpion one is nice enough, but I think I'll have to wait until you give it some more detail, cause it's hard to imagine what it'll look like at the moment.

Anywho, here's something I drew a few days ago. There's a few things that I haven't drawn, but I've already shown it to a few people, but I just haven't gotten around to colouring it ... yet.

2m4og40.png

IT'S XP-TAN!

And hair is just a pain in the rear end XD;;;

So yeah, c+c please :>

And in case anyone is wondering, yes she is very clothes. They're just skin-tight XD;;;;

That's some darn good lineart there. My only complaint would be that the left hand is a little bit big and the right hand's fingers look kind of rubbery. Like I said though, it looks really good. You definitely showcased the fact that she's umm....well endowed. ;D

Didn't really get any c&c on this when I posted it last time. Completely scratch horsea...

Custom-Horsea.png

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • They're both pretty good designs. Like Amachi said, your sprites tend to be really small, but they're still quite good usually. The scorpion's pose looks a little awkward with the left claw going back. I would change the claws to both be up in front of the face.

Yeha I don't know why I do that. I guess if I were to do evos they would be bigger, it kinda amzes me i can put detail in to small sprites though haha.
    I'll fix the claw, maybe then you will actually see the other legs. I'll get to finishing them tomorrow or sometime tonight after i get home from work.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeah, I hate hands too >.<;;

Thanks for that, I'll have to go back and touch them up.

And yeah, the Hosea is really impressive. You've drawn the body quite well, and then shaded it even more impressively, though I do believe that you have have used too
    much dithering, since at times it makes the skin look rough and quite unsmooth (like on it's rear end XD).

The water looks good as well, especially with all them bubbles *pop*

Good work man.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Alright here is the psychic mammal.
    Name= *-----*
    Description= Eyes are not colored in because it is blind. It uses it's psychic abilities to see the world around it. Thus why that purple bit is near its head, showing that it is using it's abilities.
    What do you guys think?
    I'll finish the scorpion later, I'm probably doing an evo for this soon as well.

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
  • I think it is really good, but the purple thing that shows that it's using it's powers looks like hair to me. but other than that; lovely. :)

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Yeah, I hate hands too >.<;;

Thanks for that, I'll have to go back and touch them up.

And yeah, the Hosea is really impressive. You've drawn the body quite well, and then shaded it even more impressively, though I do believe that you have have used too
    much dithering, since at times it makes the skin look rough and quite unsmooth (like on it's rear end XD).

The water looks good as well, especially with all them bubbles *pop*

Good work man.

Good luck with the touch up, then.

Thanks, Ray. I was experimenting with a different style than I usually sprite in. I used a smaller color palette and tried to dither more to shade, so that's why it looks rough. Glad you like the water. That was kind of a last minute decision, and I was pretty happy with the outcome.

Alright here is the psychic mammal.
    Name= *-----*
    Description= Eyes are not colored in because it is blind. It uses it's psychic abilities to see the world around it. Thus why that purple bit is near its head, showing that it is using it's abilities.
    What do you guys think?
    I'll finish the scorpion later, I'm probably doing an evo for this soon as well.

Looks pretty good. It's a tad too dark if you ask me, but still well done. Very good shading on this. I would have used the darkest color you outlined with a little more, but other than that no real complaints.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Personally UF, I'd add a shade for a final highlight, but meh, personal preferences I guess XD. The black over the feet is a little...bold? Anyways, I've noticed a massive improvement in your work as of late, keep it up!

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • I think it is really good, but the purple thing that shows that it's using it's powers looks like hair to me. but other than that; lovely. :)

You have a way to make it not look like that? I tried to make it look like static... it loooks better then i though it would.

Looks pretty good. It's a tad too dark if you ask me, but still well done. Very good shading on this. I would have used the darkest color you outlined with a little more, but other than that no real complaints.

I thought the same about the color, ill try and brighten it a bit.

Personally UF, I'd add a shade for a final highlight, but meh, personal preferences I guess XD. The black over the feet is a little...bold? Anyways, I've noticed a massive improvement in your work as of late, keep it up!

What do you mean? Another shade brighter or another shade darker?
    And i'll fix the feet. This is still alittle bit of a work in progress.

Thanks everyone, your comments have helped me improve. I hope to get that scorpion done.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
  • I'm sure you remember my Fakemon Rabira? I made a new version of it in D/P style.

rabira2st5.png

In case you couldn't tell, I used Pikachu as a base for it.

I also made a pre-evolution for it, Bunniba.
    bunnibaxl3.png

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Wow. Pikachu is really obvious, they're not fakemon, they're just horrible edits/recolors.
    Ihe ear colors look odd in my opinion, as well as it being just a recolor some parts aren't even shaded.
    Try something harder, like actually adding parts, ears don't count, they don't affect shading and stuff of the like.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Why, yes I did. It's not really that hard to figure out. BTW I got their ears from Plusle and Minun.

No need to be so sarcastic whilst replying =/

Personally, they're very basic, a massive improvement on your last attempt though. The design is lacking any real substance though, and you haven;t really done much other than recolour Pikachu / Pichu, then add Plusle/ Minun ears to them =/ Try making a big edit on them.

Astral, try using some niceties whilst commenting, there's no need for such negativity towards someone who's obviously looking for help, not to be bashed.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
  • Wow. Pikachu is really obvious, they're not fakemon, they're just horrible edits/recolors.
    Ihe ear colors look odd in my opinion, as well as it being just a recolor some parts aren't even shaded.
    Try something harder, like actually adding parts, ears don't count, they don't affect shading and stuff of the like.
    1: EVERYTHING is shaded. What do you think shading is?

2: Adding a part means putting a part on it that wasn't there before. Ears do count. Even if they didn't, I added a tail and teeth on Pikachu. What? Did you thing I took them from a Snorlax?

Next time you want to come in and bash my work, think out your insults before making a poopy-brains of yourself.

And Kaku, thank you for your suggestion. I will consider that in the future.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I think what Astral was trying to say was that the shading could be better, maybe try adding a final highlight? Just a suggestion.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
    Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    DR, no reason to get hostel.. he was making a criticusm, i agree a rather harsh criticism.. but if you didnt want your art "insulted" then whats the point of doing it? insulting is bascily criticism in another form, even though it may seem hurtful.. there no need to get childish about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back