• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
Years
  • termine.png

Samson gave me some sketches, and this is the first one.
    Termine. I know there are no eyes yet, but what do you guys think so far?

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
  • Well, on the outline of the head, there shouldn't be black there. On brightly colored Pokemon, black should only be on the outmost outline.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
    Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    i see a teensy problem with shading on the legs, even though theyre underneath the body, they still have a highlight, im not sure that works well. Also, maybe you should give it a more creative name? Just my opinion....
    also, i think you should keep it with no eyes, if your looking for it to be a termite pokemon (termites dont have eyes.. i dont think.. i could be making that up *shrugs*)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • XD it's a combination of termite + mine... working names i gave him to work with. also, that's why its legs are like that... like spikes on a mine. and black is NOT the enemy when spriting. i repeat, NOT the enemy XD.

i know i didn't mention this in the PM, but now that i see it, you may want to reconsider the shades of green. they're much too bright in comparison to the goldish yellow. try more of a greyish-green for the base green or you could try a different shade of yellow. the gold is what's really brightening it up more than it needs to be. also, for outlining, you always want a near-black shade, and a shade that is relatively dark that correlates with one of the main colors in the sprite. so you already have that near black shade, try a darker gold/brown to follow the black outlining. also, i looked at it more closely in paint, and i think you should also consider making it a little larger than it is.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Alright I'll work on it later, thenks for the tips.

EDIT:
    Had a go at darkening it, it looks alot better now. Added eyes, and didn't use highlights on some of the legs, and now the marks don't too much like bulges
    termine-1.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    W.I.P
    gunna be my new avvy :3
    lololol... gun. its a gun. k?
    Banana phooone~ operator get me be-jing-jing-jing~ *boogies*
    lol that and Numa song dominate my speakers during this~
    @A@ furst (HAH. pun HAH. T_T) attempt at spriting in photoshop.
    it's so much more complex than Paint =______________='''''' Paint is love~
    still... transparency is always good~
    mazi-WIP.png

X_____________x
    my feet are huge in proportion.
    and my wings are teeny x3~
    i guess i dont do much aviatin'~
    c&c as always dudes and dudettes~

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    Aviator: I agree with Tyler-Chan, except might i suggest cleaning up the lines around the head that merge with the coat and such? it kind of gets confusing trying to tell which is which. Otherwise it looks really awesome.. It'll be sweet when it gets some color!

UF: Thermine.. hm.. *shrugs* better than some other mindless names i probably wouldve come up with :P. Yeah, i think it looks a load better with the darker shading as well as the new shading on the legs. Not sure if i like the eyes though.. doesnt look right to me for some reason.

My New Stuff
    Heres just a bit of the stuff i've been workin on recently:
    trainer4-4.png

i fixed up the shading some more on his cape and added a few little things :)

Evo Line:
    squirtini.png
    >>
    wartourtinair.png
    >>
    Blastinite.png

Squirtini>>Wartourtinair>>Blastinite

trainer5.png

Heavy edit of the bug trainer in D/P, obviously a baseball player. pants took forever to do.. tips?

Last edited:

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    its actually pretty good for a scratch map. maybe get the shading toned up and some outlines on the islands, but everything else is good

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • Don't you need 4 examples of work to make a thread? Anyway its a quite good map. I would give it 7/10. The small orange island thing puts me off a bit

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Dream: The eyes were a bit hard, I couldn't figure out where to place the one on the right (our left).
    But thanks man.

Your baseball player is awesome. But maybe instead of black being in between the arms, try a darker sahde of the white..well i assume it would be a gray haha. But yeah if you can do it with in color limits it would look better. Sadly I don't know the color limit of the D/P games.

EDIT:
    This is supposed to be an electric rabbit, got the idea from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends or whatever that long title is. And yes I'm 17 still watching cartoons... can't break free when they give ya ideas.
    Ok Back on topic.
    Electric bunny as aforementioned. Mostly Scratch. Designed to have some marking on the back, but they didn't show up well, how should I fix that? Otherwise what do you guys and gals think
    WIP.png

Last edited:

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • Esupio. If you scratched that you are one hell of a spriter. I could never do anything as good as that. I cannot wait to see the finished product.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    Esupio. If you scratched that you are one hell of a spriter. I could never do anything as good as that. I cannot wait to see the finished product.
    I AGREE!<3 when will you colour it ;~;
    if you didint get that much c&c, then did jah var think dere might nawt be sumfink wrong wid it X______X seriously amigo, it rawks<3

meh.png

i finsihed it~ go me~
    im NEVER spriting in photoshop again.
    not entirely. i hated colouring in it. The fill bucket HATES me.
    and i messed up the colour count.
    and you cant tell what is head/hair/neckerchif/coat anymore TT_TT
    normally i fix those kinda things when i colour.
    but my tablet pens guna run outta battry power too.
    it hates me.. *huggles it and it attempts to kill me off in a nasty way*

Unorignally Funny, do a back sprite! x3
    if y'cant see whats on da back do a back sprite lololol....
    or change the pose so its got itc back facing you, looking back over its shoulder or somthin~
    thatd be what id do anyway~

dreemxweever, youve come a long way buddy ;~;<3
    hahah. more<3 lololol... *should be shot, not in a good mood yet tryig to be happy TT_TT not worky*hmm the way the cape is makes his thigh look likda like a chickeny leg... but dude. x3 that sword made my day i tell yah. its bohahahhahaha!<3
    and his hand.. *thinks of Ed going boobedobedo again* heheh>:E
    lol, dude. the stuff on the wortorle shell is a neat touch~ caught my eye first time i looked.. might just be me being all : ooh BLUE SHINEY STOOF though.. <3 lol, theyre good fusions, buttry ta be more creative. REALLY hack up the pokemon and shove lotsa different parts and repose. youll improve so quickly. promise! :x i find swapping eyes can really change the overall look of the pokemon.
    as for tha basketball player, his legs seema little funky to me
    i circled the areas i think could do with a little fix.
    trainer5.png

i know it looks liek a lot, but its only one or two pixels.
    remember, in pixel art. EVERY pixel counts. :p

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • First off, Maz... when you try to be happy, you are a little wierd. Just a tad.

but anyway thanks for the tip. I may make a back sprite for ya guys. I'm gonna try and make the evo sometime today.

Years
  • Don't you need 4 examples of work to make a thread? Anyway its a quite good map. I would give it 7/10. The small orange island thing puts me off a bit

Yes, you do. But please report the post that needs to compliment the rules. :|

Anyway, I'll move this. Please show 4 examples of your spritework if you are to make a showcase thread.

~Moved

Years
  • Esupio. If you scratched that you are one hell of a spriter. I could never do anything as good as that. I cannot wait to see the finished product.

I used a refrence, I'm a HUGE Less Than Jake fan, its a guy from one of their album covers, I looked at the image every now and then and just did it.

I might try colouring it now.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Alright, tell me how these look.
    They are still a Work in Progress, but I need alittle help now.
    The first is supposed to be a psychic mammal, not sure if I should call it a rat or something, maybe a beaver haha.

The second is supposed to be a scorpion. This one is kinda hard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back