• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • That just made me think of another possibility, in which relates to exactly what you just said.

Remember how in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire during Episode Delta at the Space Center in which Zinnia mentions of a world in where the Kalos war that happened 3,000 years ago never happened? The game could take place at the same time as X/Y, but in the Kalos region that's parallel to the one in X/Y. There's even hints about Hoopa and it's ability to create rings to transport things from parallel universes.

We could have a totally new storyline within the Kalos region, Zygarde that protects the ecosystem with two different primal reversions depending on the version of the game you're playing. Team Flare could have different plans... or it could be a totally new villainous team altogether. You could even start in a new region and then travel to Kalos afterwards. Or it could just start in Kalos and you could just be in Kalos region only.

Since Junichi Masuda's interview with GameSpot back in October last year, it leaves only two possibilities of what the next games will be like:

1. A prequel to X/Y, set in a new region near Kalos in which you can travel to Kalos.
    2. Set in the same time as X/Y, but in a parallel universe in where the Kalos war 3,000 years ago never happened. Either you'd start in Kalos or there'll be a new region next to Kalos in where you can travel to Kalos.
    Or a Prequel in Kalos like how B2W2 was a sequel to BW and still took place in Unova.
    It would be kinda hard to make a 3rd version to happen at the same time as X and Y. What would be the point? What would the main characters do? There would be nothing for them to do. I think it would be best for them to make sequel, but make it more like BW instead of BW2. Although I love Kalos, it lacked the amazing story that BW had. Even though BW2 was more like the original type of pokemon game, it continued the story and added a lot of new areas.

So I think it would be nice for Z or whatever, to do a similar job that BW did.

As for the interview, it does sound like Z will be something unexpected. He said he wanted to tie XY an ORAS together, so a total surprise would be Pokemon Delta Z or Pokemon Delta Emerald Z, which would include us starting in Kalos and then going to Hoenn. This would match the concept of surprising and match the flow of Mega Evo Specials in the anime. They could also possibly add a small region with a few new pokemon to match the souvenir thing in XY, but I think this is more for the 7th Generation.

This could explain why ORAS lacked so much and didn't use Emerald concepts for the remakes. Having a massive battle between Groundon, Xernies, Yvelta, and Kyogre would be awesome to see. Rayquaza and Zygarde could come out and balance everything out.
    I doubt they'll have the two trios fighting it out.

Also, if they were to make both third versions I think they'll stick to their respective regions rather than go from one place to another. Though it would be cool to see a past Kalos in Delta Emerald and a future Hoenn in 'Z'.

I've been thinking; perhaps GF will not use the Latin alphabet for the third version but something else, perhaps they'll go with a Japanese writing system like Hiragana. The Hiragana for 'e' looks a lot like Zygarde...(plus E for Emerald xD).
    I do hope getting a third X and Y game doesn't happen. Like what is the most they could add? Platinum didn't really get many new things, so why should we get another X and Y game, especially after ORAS.

Plus, Platinum came out just after Diamond and Pearl, but ORAS has already been released, so there's no reason for making a third X and Y game. I'd like a new generation.
    Well FRLG were made after Ruby and Sapphire, yet Emerald was still made...and since this gen has thus far copied Gen III's remake pattern they could very well finish the Gen with a third version like they did with the third Gen.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    • Set in the same time as X/Y, but in a parallel universe in where the Kalos war 3,000 years ago never happened. Either you'd start in Kalos or there'll be a new region next to Kalos in where you can travel to Kalos.

I don't think that's going to happen though. If I remember correctly, Zinnia said that in this "alternate universe", where the Kalos War from 3,000 years ago didn't happen, Mega Evolution also didn't exist. So with that in mind, if GF will make the third version as the alternate Kalos of XY, Mega Evolution shouldn't exist, and I don't think GF would want to remove something that big. :/

Plus, the games are aimed for kids. If the third version's setting is in an alternate timeline, I think the kids will be having a hard time understanding what just happened.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • I don't think that's going to happen though. If I remember correctly, Zinnia said that in this "alternate universe", where the Kalos War from 3,000 years ago didn't happen, Mega Evolution also didn't exist. So with that in mind, if GF will make the third version as the alternate Kalos of XY, Mega Evolution shouldn't exist, and I don't think GF would want to remove something that big. :/

Plus, the games are aimed for kids. If the third version's setting is in an alternate timeline, I think the kids will be having a hard time understanding what just happened.

Well, at least that rules out the possibility of it taking place in an alternate universe.

So that tells me it's more likely to take place as a prequel within Kalos or in a new region near Kalos. But even so, we might be surprised with a brand new generation in which has the new region as well as Kalos in which doesn't have two main legendaries, and rather using one from X/Y. As well as 30 more new Pokémon (since Generation VI did introduce less than other generations). Along with many more new mega evolutions.

But it's probably more likely that it won't be a new generation, and just be a Generation VI game, serving with a new storyline as a prequel in either Kalos or a new region, and if it's in a new region... it could have the ability to travel to Kalos, or it might not. That's the only things I can think about in which are more likely to happen within a supposedly "Pokémon Zeta X and Pokémon Zeta Y".

"Tying things together in unique ways" would obviously mean tying the elements found in X/Y and OR/AS into two new games. And remember, we already have evidence of placeholders in OR/AS's code in which indicates room for two more games in this generation. So it can either be one game released this year, and one released next year. Or two new games released this year. And I kinda wonder, is there any Pokémon (apart from event Pokémon) that cannot be found in X/Y or even OR/AS? If not, then I wonder if there has to be new Pokémon added in? I know it would indeed count as a new generation anyways, if that happens.

So this is why I would ask these questions...
    • Is there any Pokémon apart from event Pokémon that cannot be found in X/Y or even OR/AS?
    • Should the new games have a new region and stay within Generation VI?
    • Should the new games be a brand new generation with new Pokémon?
    • What kind of new features can be used with the New Nintendo 3DS?
    • Should the games be exclusive to New Nintendo 3DS to allow for Wii-style graphics?
    • Should the new games remain for original Nintendo 3DS, but use New Nintendo 3DS controls and/or functions?
    • Have we collected every information that Junichi Masuda or his developers have said in interviews?
    • What kind of stuff have we uncovered in X/Y or even OR/AS's code in which points to evidence for the new games?
    • What kind of things in X/Y or even OR/AS point out ideas to these new games or even rule out ideas for the new games?
    • Could it be possible for the new games to use amiibo in them?

Let's add up all the information that we have uncovered from the interviews with Junichi Masuda as well as his developers. Then we'd all have a clue on the kind of direction they're actually going. And already... those clues have ruled out the possibility of a third game such as "Z" or even sequels. So what can result from a game that isn't a sequel and isn't a "third game"?

I also remember a time when Ken Sugimori said about reverting back to simplicity as well for the next generation.

I always like to speculate stuff that no one else has hugely speculated on. ^^

Last edited:

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    I just hope it keeps all the good features of OR/AS and adds back in character customisation from X/Y. After that id be happy pretty much any which was as long as the story is good.

Years
  • Well, at least that rules out the possibility of it taking place in an alternate universe.

So that tells me it's more likely to take place as a prequel within Kalos or in a new region near Kalos. But even so, we might be surprised with a brand new generation in which has the new region as well as Kalos in which doesn't have two main legendaries, and rather using one from X/Y. As well as 30 more new Pokémon (since Generation VI did introduce less than other generations). Along with many more new mega evolutions.

But it's probably more likely that it won't be a new generation, and just be a Generation VI game, serving with a new storyline as a prequel in either Kalos or a new region, and if it's in a new region... it could have the ability to travel to Kalos, or it might not. That's the only things I can think about in which are more likely to happen within a supposedly "Pokémon Zeta X and Pokémon Zeta Y".

"Tying things together in unique ways" would obviously mean tying the elements found in X/Y and OR/AS into two new games. And remember, we already have evidence of placeholders in OR/AS's code in which indicates room for two more games in this generation. So it can either be one game released this year, and one released next year. Or two new games released this year. And I kinda wonder, is there any Pokémon (apart from event Pokémon) that cannot be found in X/Y or even OR/AS? If not, then I wonder if there has to be new Pokémon added in? I know it would indeed count as a new generation anyways, if that happens.

So this is why I would ask these questions...
    • Is there any Pokémon apart from event Pokémon that cannot be found in X/Y or even OR/AS?
    • Should the new games have a new region and stay within Generation VI?
    • Should the new games be a brand new generation with new Pokémon?
    • What kind of new features can be used with the New Nintendo 3DS?
    • Should the games be exclusive to New Nintendo 3DS to allow for Wii-style graphics?
    • Should the new games remain for original Nintendo 3DS, but use New Nintendo 3DS controls and/or functions?
    • Have we collected every information that Junichi Masuda or his developers have said in interviews?
    • What kind of stuff have we uncovered in X/Y or even OR/AS's code in which points to evidence for the new games?
    • What kind of things in X/Y or even OR/AS point out ideas to these new games or even rule out ideas for the new games?
    • Could it be possible for the new games to use amiibo in them?

Let's add up all the information that we have uncovered from the interviews with Junichi Masuda as well as his developers. Then we'd all have a clue on the kind of direction they're actually going. And already... those clues have ruled out the possibility of a third game such as "Z" or even sequels. So what can result from a game that isn't a sequel and isn't a "third game"?

I also remember a time when Ken Sugimori said about reverting back to simplicity as well for the next generation.

I always like to speculate stuff that no one else has hugely speculated on. ^^

One possibility is a single Z, but as a prequel. The second game could be a remake of Yellow for the 20th anniversary of RG's release.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    One possibility is a single Z, but as a prequel. The second game could be a remake of Yellow for the 20th anniversary of RG's release.

While the another possibilty is a pair of Kalos sister games, in a similar fashion to Black 2 and White 2. If I happen to be right, then these new pairs of Gen VI games are most likely going to wrap up the current generation. After that, Gen VII should be making its debut at the New 3DS.

Mikekillkill

Musket Marine
    Years
  • Maybe... They might throw in all the regions, for a remake of all of them on the new 3ds utilizing ORAS' and XY's engine +tweaks
    It would be crazy to complete the pokedex in 2 games... Level Problems? Raise the level cap to 1000, i know thats crazy but somebody with an 1000 on launch is just downright a hacker, Because that will make the game lengthy and you could add alot more with that as each region would have a max so kanto's is 100, johto's 200, hoenn's 300, "Return to kanto"'s 400, Sinnoh's 500, Return to johto's 600 (You gotta put into account you gotta do kanto AGAIN), Unova's 700, New Unova's 800, Kalos' 900, and "Return to hoenn"'s 1000...
    Region Visits
    Kanto: 3
    Johto: 2
    Hoenn: 2
    Sinnoh: 1
    Unova: 2
    Kalos: 1
    thats around 10/11 Regions worth of gameplay (Talk about long game?)
    Then blow us away with the post-game
    "Pokemon: The Untold Journey"
    Features:
    - Character Customization
    - Tons of pokemon to catch
    - All Mainstream Regions (Maybe you could go to the regions depicted in the spinoffs in postgame?)
    NOTE: You have to get to kalos for mega evolution
    - Soaring is insane
    - You can only get 1 masterball via story, but you can get masterballs from raffels, Game corners and more!
    - Plus an insane story that will take you on a ride!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    As cool as it would be to have a game with all the regions included, I kinda doubt that we'll be getting that. That's probably more work than they have time to do in just a year, and idk if 3DS game cartridges can even hold the amount of data needed for that.

And I dunno if someone has mentioned this already in the dozen pages this thread has accumulated, but what if we go to the region the backpacker mentions? Or they pull a Gold/Silver 2.0 and we do both Kalos and the backpacker's region?

Platinum Lucario

Years
  • Since it's already possible to catch nearly every Pokémon between X/Y and OR/AS. I'm now starting to feel that there's really no point in making another Generation VI main game. What if they might be about to reveal Generation VII next month or something exclusive for New Nintendo 3DS? There's a lot of new functions on New Nintendo 3DS, including it's C-Stick, which could be used to move the camera around or something, giving a much better viewing perspective. And already Junichi Masuda has stated in an interview that he has expressed so much interest in developing on the New Nintendo 3DS. And it's capable of using Wii-like models and textures. After all, it does indeed have 256 MB of RAM and uses 4 cores instead of 2.

And I dunno if someone has mentioned this already in the dozen pages this thread has accumulated, but what if we go to the region the backpacker mentions? Or they pull a Gold/Silver 2.0 and we do both Kalos and the backpacker's region?

I think I mentioned something similar to what Gold/Silver used, with a new region and an old region in one game. If there is a Generation VII revealed this year, I would assume it would take place in both the backpacker's region and Kalos. Just think, what if that Generation VII game took place two years before the events in X/Y? The same thing would also be the case with X/Y and OR/AS sister games, if they ever are announced within Sixth Generation.

But of course, there can be a chance in which a new region is revealed within the same generation (in this case, Generation VI). The Sevii Islands was a side-region in FireRed and LeafGreen. But it's likely that the player will start in the new region though, no matter if it is in Generation VI or Generation VII.

Last edited:

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Since it's already possible to catch nearly every Pokémon between X/Y and OR/AS. I'm now starting to feel that there's really no point in making another Generation VI main game. What if they might be about to reveal Generation VII next month or something exclusive for New Nintendo 3DS? There's a lot of new functions on New Nintendo 3DS, including it's C-Stick, which could be used to move the camera around or something, giving a much better viewing perspective. And already Junichi Masuda has stated in an interview that he has expressed so much interest in developing on the New Nintendo 3DS. And it's capable of using Wii-like models and textures. After all, it does indeed have 256 MB of RAM and uses 4 cores instead of 2.

I think I mentioned something similar to what Gold/Silver used, with a new region and an old region in one game. If there is a Generation VII revealed this year, I would assume it would take place in both the backpacker's region and Kalos. Just think, what if that Generation VII game took place two years before the events in X/Y? The same thing would also be the case with X/Y and OR/AS sister games, if they ever are announced within Sixth Generation.

But of course, there can be a chance in which a new region is revealed within the same generation (in this case, Generation VI). The Sevii Islands was a side-region in FireRed and LeafGreen. But it's likely that the player will start in the new region though, no matter if it is in Generation VI or Generation VII.

I second to your opinion. Just think about it, when almost every Pokemon (bar the event ones) are available, chances for releasing new games become sheer. FrLg/Em completed the missing Pokémon from RS, HgSs to DPt, BW2 to BW1. We can sneak for different kinds if Pokémon by that PokéNav technique and that method includes a lot of non-Hoenn or even non-Kalos Pokémon, we are given the starters from different regions, lengendaries from different regions are available as well.

Unless GF is confident that this third installment is gonna bring them more cash. Lol

But on the otherhand, Gen VI's plots are obviously incomplete and not to mention that the final event Pokémon for Gen VI is yet to be announced officially.

Platinum Lucario

Years
  • I second to your opinion. Just think about it, when almost every Pokemon (bar the event ones) are available, chances for releasing new games become sheer. FrLg/Em completed the missing Pokémon from RS, HgSs to DPt, BW2 to BW1. We can sneak for different kinds if Pokémon by that PokéNav technique and that method includes a lot of non-Hoenn or even non-Kalos Pokémon, we are given the starters from different regions, lengendaries from different regions are available as well.

Unless GF is confident that this third installment is gonna bring them more cash. Lol

But on the otherhand, Gen VI's plots are obviously incomplete and not to mention that the final event Pokémon for Gen VI is yet to be announced officially.

The only appeal for more Gen VII games is more Megas an a conclusion to the Mega arc of the Gen, oh and a Volcanion forme/Mega/Primal.

That is true, the final event Pokémon is bound to be shown in next year's Pokémon movie, while this year focuses on Hoopa and Unbound Hoopa. But of course, I remember how Genesect movie was shown in the same year that Pokémon X/Y was released. So it would make sense for another new Legendary to come out next year.

It also made me think... what if there are no new Pokémon games released or announced this year? That would actually mark the second year ever that a main Pokémon game hasn't been released in any country. The first time a Pokémon game wasn't released in any country was way back in 1997, which was before the first generation games was ever localized into other languages (despite Pokémon Blue Version being released in Japan in late 1996 to CoroCoro owners).

Years
  • That is true, the final event Pokémon is bound to be shown in next year's Pokémon movie, while this year focuses on Hoopa and Unbound Hoopa. But of course, I remember how Genesect movie was shown in the same year that Pokémon X/Y was released. So it would make sense for another new Legendary to come out next year.

It also made me think... what if there are no new Pokémon games released or announced this year? That would actually mark the second year ever that a main Pokémon game hasn't been released in any country. The first time a Pokémon game wasn't released in any country was way back in 1997, which was before the first generation games was ever localized into other languages (despite Pokémon Blue Version being released in Japan in late 1996 to CoroCoro owners).
    That may happen.
    If we get the last games this Gen then next year we may start another Gen (interestingly 1996 and 2006 were the official starting years of Gens I and IV in JP respectively). It is interesting how XY and ORAS have copied Gen III's release pattern, and 10 years after those dates too...wonder if this year (2015) we may see Z and the other game the coding suggests could be a console game... (btw didn't GS come out in 2000 and Crystal in 2002 int.? Oddly BW in JP was 2010, and B2W2 was in 2012...)

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • …It is interesting how XY and ORAS have copied Gen III's release pattern, and 10 years after those dates too...wonder if this year (2015) we may see Z and the other game the coding suggests could be a console game... (btw didn't GS come out in 2000 and Crystal in 2002 int.? Oddly BW in JP was 2010, and B2W2 was in 2012...)

Wait, when did hackers figure out that one of the sets of trading information from X/Y/ΩR/αS contained data for compatibility with an as-yet-unannounced console game?!?

lando

Hoenn's Champ
    Years
  • It would be kinda hard to make a 3rd version to happen at the same time as X and Y. What would be the point? What would the main characters do? There would be nothing for them to do. I think it would be best for them to make sequel, but make it more like BW instead of BW2. Although I love Kalos, it lacked the amazing story that BW had. Even though BW2 was more like the original type of pokemon game, it continued the story and added a lot of new areas.

So I think it would be nice for Z or whatever, to do a similar job that BW did.

As for the interview, it does sound like Z will be something unexpected. He said he wanted to tie XY an ORAS together, so a total surprise would be Pokemon Delta Z or Pokemon Delta Emerald Z, which would include us starting in Kalos and then going to Hoenn. This would match the concept of surprising and match the flow of Mega Evo Specials in the anime. They could also possibly add a small region with a few new pokemon to match the souvenir thing in XY, but I think this is more for the 7th Generation.

This could explain why ORAS lacked so much and didn't use Emerald concepts for the remakes. Having a massive battle between Groundon, Xernies, Yvelta, and Kyogre would be awesome to see. Rayquaza and Zygarde could come out and balance everything out.

Oh my god I love you! I thought I was the only who had the idea of Pokemon Delta Emerald Z. In the interview he did want to tie in Hoenn and Kalos. And they both felt "incomplete" like they would have something after them. X and Y especially felt "incomplete". But I wonder if it will start in Kalos like 3 years after and you can travel between the regions with maybe even soar(probably not going to happen ) between Hoenn and Kalos.

Years
  • Oh my god I love you! I thought I was the only who had the idea of Pokemon Delta Emerald Z. In the interview he did want to tie in Hoenn and Kalos. And they both felt "incomplete" like they would have something after them. X and Y especially felt "incomplete". But I wonder if it will start in Kalos like 3 years after and you can travel between the regions with maybe even soar(probably not going to happen ) between Hoenn and Kalos.
    It could also be an interquel (a sequel to Hoenn but a Prequel to Kalos). Btw where can I read/find this interview?

@Random
    The other being a console game is me speculating.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • It could also be an interquel (a sequel to Hoenn but a Prequel to Kalos). Btw where can I read/find this interview?

@Random
    The other being a console game is me speculating.

Oh, right: speculation. We do need a good, Colosseum/XD style console game for the Wii U, though! And I like the idea of an 'interquel;' it's something GameFreak hasn't really done before, and the company did say that it wanted to surprise us with the next game(s,) after all…

Years
  • Oh, right: speculation. We do need a good, Colosseum/XD style console game for the Wii U, though! And I like the idea of an 'interquel;' it's something GameFreak hasn't really done before, and the company did say that it wanted to surprise us with the next game(s,) after all…

While looking for the interview (have yet to find it), I ran into one where Masuda mentions that they'll need a good reason to make a sequel/new addition to those kind of console games beyond nicer graphics. In other words they likely have little will to make one...or lack the creativity to make one...

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    That is true, the final event Pokémon is bound to be shown in next year's Pokémon movie, while this year focuses on Hoopa and Unbound Hoopa. But of course, I remember how Genesect movie was shown in the same year that Pokémon X/Y was released. So it would make sense for another new Legendary to come out next year.

While this is unlikely to happen in this generation, it is interesting to note that Meloetta was released along with an another event legendary. I doubt Volcanion's gonna get released this year since as you said, Hoopa's the main star this year.

Masuda said that given how fast pace is the current gaming industry and the competition from inside and outside, a yearly release of main Pokémon games are likely to happen. But we'll see. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back