• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    That's just itit probably wouldn't work, as cool as the idea is. Assuming the idea is to set the game 3000 years ago during the war, that means that modern technology like the PC and Pokédex don't exist yet, and I can't see them making a main series game without those things.

I think most of us speculating on prequels are thinking along the lines of 2 years prior to XY all the way back to ORAS' spot in the timeline...not 3000 years ago.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Another random thought: what if instead of prequels or sequels they set the 2 games in Kalos, but do a completely different story? Takes place at the same time as X/Y so it's not a sequel/prequel cuz those would take place in different times. It's not really the same as 3rd versions either since those make only minor deviations from the original story.

idk

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    That's an interesting thought; they haven't precisely tried this before, and it'd be interesting to see how things go from there. Though, if this plot were to be portrayed as important as one from X and Y, wouldn't it be sort of strange to not see any reference to it in these games?

They've left a bunch of unsolved mysteries in X and Y, however, such as ghost girl at the hotel, Power Plant's shut doors, and so forth; perhaps they'd be able to use these as a hint towards this other side of story? I hope what I'd said isn't sounding too confusing, haha.

Years
    Another random thought: what if instead of prequels or sequels they set the 2 games in Kalos, but do a completely different story? Takes place at the same time as X/Y so it's not a sequel/prequel cuz those would take place in different times. It's not really the same as 3rd versions either since those make only minor deviations from the original story.

idk

So instead of them being the GS to their RG instead it'll be their RSE/DPP to their FRLG/HGSS but in the same region like B2W2 were with BW? That would be interesting. Not sure what one would call that...an interquel? Nope, that's usually between the sequel and prequel...Anyways it's something to consider. It would be better if it took place in another region nearby Kalos though, like say a region based on the British Isles.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    So instead of them being the GS to their RG instead it'll be their RSE/DPP to their FRLG/HGSS but in the same region like B2W2 were with BW? That would be interesting. Not sure what one would call that...an interquel? Nope, that's usually between the sequel and prequel...Anyways it's something to consider. It would be better if it took place in another region nearby Kalos though, like say a region based on the British Isles.

A plot reboot is never a bad idea; I actually wanted the remakes to be that way. So that the original story remains canon. While the new story is original on its own.

My ideas for the Gen VI sister game(s) are...

- A new region inspired from Britain and its history (so they can go on further with the ancient Kalos wars). They can also introduce 70 new Pokémon and include the other 70 Kalos-native Pokémon to form a new regional dex. It might be outrageous and umorthodox to introduce new Pokémon in a middle of an on going generation. One might even brings up points such as trading compatibility with the first four Gen VI games. But hey, Rayquaza with Dragon Ascent, Kyogre with Origin Pulse and OrAs Mega Stones can't be traded to XY,.so it's a similar case going on.

- A pair of Kalos prequel games. It has been vaguely hinted by a few to some characters from XY that something happened before the events of XY itself. Most notably an NPC in that city with Psychic-type Gym explicitly stated that a group of people were looking for a legendary Pokémon(?). Then let's not forget that OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire's events took place slightly earlier than XY's. Tho it's weird that the prequels got more Mega Stones and despite Fairies are officially classified as a type shortly before the XY timeline.

Last edited:

Years
    Slightly? Chances are it's at least 10 years between ORAS and XY (three for II/IV, add another five or so for V and then 2 more for B2W2/XY).

Anyways a British region to expand the story of the war would make sense as France and Britain had multiple wars, including one that lasted 100 years... Also they could throw in more of how Kalos is connected to Unova...

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Slightly? Chances are it's at least 10 years between ORAS and XY (three for II/IV, add another five or so for V and then 2 more for B2W2/XY).

Anyways a British region to expand the story of the war would make sense as France and Britain had multiple wars, including one that lasted 100 years... Also they could throw in more of how Kalos is connected to Unova...

Sorry babe, my bad. :P I was too focused on the NPCs (from Kalos games) saying that Fairies are most recent classification, hence the mistake of forgetting OrAs and Kalos actually have a huge time gap in between.

Correct me if I'm wrong.~
    FrLg and RS/OrAs are parallel in time line, 3 years later there goes DP and HgSs. Few years later the events of BW1 took place. After the conclusion of BW2, then there goes XY, right?

Then how are they gonna wrap up the head and the tail in one game (or a pair of games, if that is the case)?

Years
    Sorry babe, my bad. :P I was too focused on the NPCs (from Kalos games) saying that Fairies are most recent classification, hence the mistake of forgetting OrAs and Kalos actually have a huge time gap in between.

Correct me if I'm wrong.~
    FrLg and RS/OrAs are parallel in time line, 3 years later there goes DP and HgSs. Few years later the events of BW1 took place. After the conclusion of BW2, then there goes XY, right?

Then how are they gonna wrap up the head and the tail in one game (or a pair of games, if that is the case)?

XY is at the same time as B2W2. Funny how this Gen covers the earliest part of the known over-arching timeline and the latest part too aka the Alpha and the Omega (but it began with the Omega and went back to the Alpha...), now maybe the next games will take place somewhere in between...most likely at the time of BW seeing how XY-B2W2 share their time. Or perhaps the prequel could take place between Gen IV and V's time.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    XY is at the same time as B2W2. Funny how this Gen covers the earliest part of the known over-arching timeline and the latest part too aka the Alpha and the Omega (but it began with the Omega and went back to the Alpha...), now maybe the next games will take place somewhere in between...most likely at the time of BW seeing how XY-B2W2 share their time. Or perhaps the prequel could take place between Gen IV and V's time.

I found it disappointing when they didn't link Xerneas to Cave of Origin and Yveltal to Mt. Pyre, it's rather obvious why they had to be linked to those places, right? :P

Yeah after you reminded me about on the timeline. Junichi's interview made me realized that we might be having an OrAs sequel and XY prequel at the same time from the very same game.

Is there a train that can go back and forth between France and Britain? Might be a weird question, but that train from Camprier Town(?) made me curious. Not implying a game with two regions; but chances are they might add a train station if they are using Britain as their inspiration and also if there's such a train.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Yeah after you reminded me about on the timeline. Junichi's interview made me realized that we might be having an OrAs sequel and XY prequel at the same time from the very same game.

Is there a train that can go back and forth between France and Britain? Might be a weird question, but that train from Camprier Town(?) made me curious. Not implying a game with two regions; but chances are they might add a train station if they are using Britain as their inspiration and also if there's such a train.
    That is an interesting idea, and it IS possible for them to put 2 regions in the same game; they did do that with G/S/C/HG/SS after all.

I've been wondering what that train in Couriway Town is for too. It's gotta be for something, right? And there is actually a train system between England and France: the Channel Tunnel.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    That is an interesting idea, and it IS possible for them to put 2 regions in the same game; they did do that with G/S/C/HG/SS after all.

I've been wondering what that train in Couriway Town is for too. It's gotta be for something, right? And there is actually a train system between England and France: the Channel Tunnel.

Yeah it is actually possible for them to do so. But I'd love 'em to use those spaces for more post-games contents than making a game with two region but becomes completely boring afterward. :P

I wonder if that railway is connected to the so called sister games of XY or for future generations. Hopefully it's inspired from Channel Tunnel.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    We had an underwater cave in Unova so another one could be done, but with a Magnet Train like look.

There's that underwater tunnel between Humilau and that town where Cynthia resides during the Spring and Summer. :)

I recall the GF crew along Masuda, of course, visited UK when they were promoting BW(or is it XY?).

If we're getting a new Gen VI or even Gen VII games (which is unlikely since Volcanion is not officially announced yet), supposedly an announcement is gonna happen within 3 months.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I think it would be cool if they used the third version to try out an entirely new plot. Something unrelated to the gym leader/E4 set up we have in-grained in the series so much.

That doesn't mean it won't take place in the same region, or that there won't be an evil entity to take down or anything like that. But I just think, with a world as expansive as Pokemon is, there have to be so many more challenges for trainers(like the battle frontier) to try other than than the league. Something like the Orange Island part of the anime would be interesting, because like someone said up above, it could be happening at the exact same time as the events of the first installments.

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years

idk

That just made me think of another possibility, in which relates to exactly what you just said.

Remember how in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire during Episode Delta at the Space Center in which Zinnia mentions of a world in where the Kalos war that happened 3,000 years ago never happened? The game could take place at the same time as X/Y, but in the Kalos region that's parallel to the one in X/Y. There's even hints about Hoopa and it's ability to create rings to transport things from parallel universes.

We could have a totally new storyline within the Kalos region, Zygarde that protects the ecosystem with two different primal reversions depending on the version of the game you're playing. Team Flare could have different plans... or it could be a totally new villainous team altogether. You could even start in a new region and then travel to Kalos afterwards. Or it could just start in Kalos and you could just be in Kalos region only.

Since Junichi Masuda's interview with GameSpot back in October last year, it leaves only two possibilities of what the next games will be like:

1. A prequel to X/Y, set in a new region near Kalos in which you can travel to Kalos.
    2. Set in the same time as X/Y, but in a parallel universe in where the Kalos war 3,000 years ago never happened. Either you'd start in Kalos or there'll be a new region next to Kalos in where you can travel to Kalos.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    On topic: My money is on them making a Z version that IS a sequel to X and Y. No alternate version with a slightly changed up story. Here's hoping that whatever they do next has a good end game (PWT and a BF would be a start imo).

Off topic: I don't like to do this, so anyone responding to this, feel free to PM me. I really want to try and complete the Pokedex once before I lose all of my interest in Pokemon. I currently have OR and X and I'm torn on which one to do it on. I'd have to replay through X, because it is a fresh cartridge, but I'm interested in replaying through it for the Pokes anyway. I think completing the dex on X would be a bit easier, as I think there are just more Pokemon period in X than in OR/AS (naturally anyway). I am partial to X too just because it is the latest gen and you can customize your character. I am end game on OR however. I was just interested in which one would be a better bet for completing the dex. I'm trying to avoid using Pokebank, but if I have to cave I will, in which case, I realize it wouldn't matter... sort of. I'm not doing a living dex and I probably won't get all the events unless someone is extremely kind to me.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    It would be kinda hard to make a 3rd version to happen at the same time as X and Y. What would be the point? What would the main characters do? There would be nothing for them to do. I think it would be best for them to make sequel, but make it more like BW instead of BW2. Although I love Kalos, it lacked the amazing story that BW had. Even though BW2 was more like the original type of pokemon game, it continued the story and added a lot of new areas.

So I think it would be nice for Z or whatever, to do a similar job that BW did.

As for the interview, it does sound like Z will be something unexpected. He said he wanted to tie XY an ORAS together, so a total surprise would be Pokemon Delta Z or Pokemon Delta Emerald Z, which would include us starting in Kalos and then going to Hoenn. This would match the concept of surprising and match the flow of Mega Evo Specials in the anime. They could also possibly add a small region with a few new pokemon to match the souvenir thing in XY, but I think this is more for the 7th Generation.

This could explain why ORAS lacked so much and didn't use Emerald concepts for the remakes. Having a massive battle between Groundon, Xernies, Yvelta, and Kyogre would be awesome to see. Rayquaza and Zygarde could come out and balance everything out.

Last edited:

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    I do hope getting a third X and Y game doesn't happen. Like what is the most they could add? Platinum didn't really get many new things, so why should we get another X and Y game, especially after ORAS.

Plus, Platinum came out just after Diamond and Pearl, but ORAS has already been released, so there's no reason for making a third X and Y game. I'd like a new generation.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I do hope getting a third X and Y game doesn't happen. Like what is the most they could add? Platinum didn't really get many new things, so why should we get another X and Y game, especially after ORAS.

Plus, Platinum came out just after Diamond and Pearl, but ORAS has already been released, so there's no reason for making a third X and Y game. I'd like a new generation.

They could add plenty. It is far too early for a new generation. The anime is just now getting around to the 5th gym and they aren't going to release a new generation when the anime is still only about half through Kalos.

They always make 3 or 4 games in 1 region before moving on. The only reason Unova had 4 games and no remake was because they did not want to make another game for the DS when they were about to move to 3DS.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back