• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Online mmorpg

Please Vote on a name that you think would best suit this game!?!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2009
    Dark Destiny said:
    pokemonmaster81: First, that's 3 posts in a row, you could get in trouble for that. Second, asking to be a tester is not allowed unless specified by the games' maker.
    Third, I thought real time was in all the games?

sorry about that i worte something then wanted to add something. Anyways the only pokemon games that had real time is g/s/r/s/e not lg/fr/red/blue/yellow. Can anyone
    help me out and let me know how to make an exit such as to a gym or biulding please help me ? i have advancemap and elite map

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    Wow... I've wanted there to be an online Pokemon game for ages and ages, and it looks like you're doing a good job in making one. :D I've always thought the game mechanics of Pokemon were perfect for an online game. :D Keep up the good work~

Edit: One thing I was curious about... How will character design work? Will players have the options of selecting different hair styles/colors, skin colors, etc? Will there be clothing stores and the like? :)

MasaXGPMat

Super Transcedent Milenio
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    cant register since i cant see the security code, the picture doesnt show up.

Blacksprite

The Mad Sprite
    Years
  • i'll talk to our site admin

thx everyone for your support
    quick update on the battle system
    all calculations done and variious other coding stuff
    now just have to make an interface for it
    and work out how thats all going to go and stop people hacking/ making sure you dont go before your turn

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2007
    To quote avatar or Dashiel "Dont attempt to avoid the message limit rule in any way"

Dont worry, they do that to me all the time...one of the rules I could care less about..but still respect...

Years
  • MasaXGPMat said:
    cheers mate. blah blah message too short.
    Do not try to bypass the 25 character limit in anyway.
    It isn't that hard to adhere to the rules of PokeCommunity.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Any progress on this? I'm curious to hear how the battle system is going.

Where'd you get the formula's for the battle system, anyway?

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • I've had problems posting here... this is probs like the 4th or 5th time either myself or blacksprite have replied to this post...

I hope this one actually posts

Battle system going well, almost finished.

The PTOA project has been given a new lease of life after the painter @ blacksprites house decided to DROP blacksprites computer and shatter the main power/fan unit. On first inspection, the PTOA tech guy thought it was beyond repair (the HDD was abit warped), but then found another of the exact same computer, yanked out the power/fan unit and some RAM and now PTOA is saved.

No we did not have any other copies of the source (that night, blacksprite was gonna backup it to his brand-new-that-day USB pen drive...) now we have gone from one copy to five...

well again, I hope this posts

EDIT: It did

I should have a character set update soon, if this posts...

EDIT: Our official website now works on IE, Firefox, Opera(well, the best it can be in Opera), and new versions of netscape (there may be more, I havent tested all browsers so can someone try any browser not on the list and tell us)

Last edited:

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
  • Gyms And Elite...

Havent Posted Here In Awhile So I Guess Ill Post Now...

(I Was The Person To Think Up The Name PTOA)

Anyway I Just Wanted To Ask What Are You Guys Going To Do For The Gym Leader's And Elite Four Situation??? I Mean The Gyms Are Kind Of Small And There Is Only One Gym Leader So Are You Going To Like Make These Areas Away From The Online World So You Cant See Anyone....

I Dont Know If This Is A Problem For You But If It Is I Would Suggest The Idea Above But Lots Of People Would Like Too Be Able To Be A Gymleader...You Set A Certain Level Range For The Gyms Pokemon And Types Then When You Battle The Real Person being Teh Gym Leader You Can Stake Money (Badge Is Always Staked) And Also Challenge For Ownership Of Teh Gym...But That Wouldnt Solve The Problem Of All Thos ePeople Wanting Badges... (Multiple Gym Leaders In A Room Anyone?)

Well I Hope It Isnt A Problem But Then Agian I Would've Just Wasted A Long Fufilling Post....

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Unless I'm forgetting something about the game, I reckon that the one leader would be enough. It doesn't matter how many battles its in, since its just a computer right?

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    whitesprite said:
    EDIT: Our official website now works on IE, Firefox, Opera(well, the best it can be in Opera), and new versions of netscape (there may be more, I havent tested all browsers so can someone try any browser not on the list and tell us)
    It works fine in Safari now. See, I told you it needed to be fixed. :)

Regardless, how goes the battle system? Is it progressing quickly? What formula's are you guys using?

whitesprite

PTOA Dev Team
    Years
  • DeathChill said:
    It works fine in Safari now. See, I told you it needed to be fixed. :)

Regardless, how goes the battle system? Is it progressing quickly? What formula's are you guys using?

Yup, it seems that IE places the frame in the next available spot (from where the CSS says) but firefox places it exactly where the CSS says...

Ummm, I'm probs not the right guy to reply about the formulas etc, but I know that the battle system is nearly finished (coding part anyways...)

Tbone2356 said:
    Havent Posted Here In Awhile So I Guess Ill Post Now...

(I Was The Person To Think Up The Name PTOA)

Anyway I Just Wanted To Ask What Are You Guys Going To Do For The Gym Leader's And Elite Four Situation??? I Mean The Gyms Are Kind Of Small And There Is Only One Gym Leader So Are You Going To Like Make These Areas Away From The Online World So You Cant See Anyone....

I Dont Know If This Is A Problem For You But If It Is I Would Suggest The Idea Above But Lots Of People Would Like Too Be Able To Be A Gymleader...You Set A Certain Level Range For The Gyms Pokemon And Types Then When You Battle The Real Person being Teh Gym Leader You Can Stake Money (Badge Is Always Staked) And Also Challenge For Ownership Of Teh Gym...But That Wouldnt Solve The Problem Of All Thos ePeople Wanting Badges... (Multiple Gym Leaders In A Room Anyone?)

Well I Hope It Isnt A Problem But Then Agian I Would've Just Wasted A Long Fufilling Post....

We have a script when a character enters a gym, a new map is made just for you...

also, you can become a "Gym Leader", just not officially... you can buy a warehouse, apartment or farm and the other ppls challenge you for prizes etc...

Blacksprite said:
    hmm it is very hard to post here
    although this got through
    im still slogging through with the game
    hmm exams are soon though that should slow me down

you mean the exams WILL slow you down, dont you?

HackMaster72

Ruby+HackMaster= Rubikonartist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    umm, the download links on the website dont work :( can someone fix em... cuz im itching to play this...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back