• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Is breeding moves the same in gen 6 like in gen 5

It's actually better this Gen, since both males and females can pass down egg moves. It used to be only the male could.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Like many others since the release of x and y, I'm only just hopping onto this competitive battling train. I recently got a 4iv, timid shiny Cyndaquil, and was wondering what kind of moveset would be best? I realize there are better natures out there, but I'd like to use this shiny.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Actually, Timid is a pretty good nature to have on Typhlosion. It struggles to make it's mark on the competitive game, but if you want to use it, try this out:

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Eruption
    - Focus Blast
    - Extrasensory

This is pretty much the extent of its special movepool, so there's not a lot of choices on what to put on it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Actually, Timid is a pretty good nature to have on Typhlosion. It struggles to make it's mark on the competitive game, but if you want to use it, try this out:

Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Eruption
    - Focus Blast
    - Extrasensory

This is pretty much the extent of its special movepool, so there's not a lot of choices on what to put on it.

Agreed, but Typhlosion is better off using Choice Scarf as the item, as 100 Speed may not be enough. Hidden Power Grass/Electric is also preferred to hit Water Pokemon without having to resort to Focus Blast.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Actually, Timid is a pretty good nature to have on Typhlosion. It struggles to make it's mark on the competitive game, but if you want to use it, try this out:

Timid Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Eruption
    - Focus Blast
    - Extrasensory

I'd prefer to use Pokemon I like, rather than using just strong Pokemon from OU. It makes battling more fun, at least in my eyes. Thanks a lot for the advice! I'll start training this as soon as I get the Sp Attack item from the Battle place.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Do poison-type mons "absorb" Toxic Spike and completely removes them in the opponent's field?
    I recently am trying to get used to throw Toxic Spikes with my Greninja on my first turn, but I'm starting to want to get rid of it. =/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Do poison-type mons "absorb" Toxic Spike and completely removes them in the opponent's field?
    I recently am trying to get used to throw Toxic Spikes with my Greninja on my first turn, but I'm starting to want to get rid of it. =/

Poison Pokemon remove Toxic Spikes upon switching into battle. This only applies to grounded Poison Pokemon; Weezing and Crobat can't remove Toxic Spikes because the former has Levitate as an ability, while the latter's second type is Flying.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Which 3 pokemon is the best for single battle at battle maison?

Well, it depends. Could you list some of your most well-trained Pokémon? I'm currently using Togekiss, Espeon, and Blastoise for Masion and the like; they seem to be working perfectly fine for me. If you have these Pokémon, perhaps you could try the same? d:

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • Well, it depends. Could you list some of your most well-trained Pokémon? I'm currently using Togekiss, Espeon, and Blastoise for Masion and the like; they seem to be working perfectly fine for me. If you have these Pokémon, perhaps you could try the same? d:
    My well trained pokemon are Greninja, Lapras, Blastoise, Venusaur, Blaziken, Charizard, Talonflame and Gengar. I traded my espeon, and I don't have togekiss. I'm very bad in battle, I just need to know a trio that works well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My well trained pokemon are Greninja, Lapras, Blastoise, Venusaur, Blaziken, Charizard, Talonflame and Gengar. I traded my espeon, and I don't have togekiss. I'm very bad in battle, I just need to know a trio that works well.

If your Talonflame has Gale Wings and knows Brave Bird (or any other good flying-type attacks), then you should definitely give it a shot. :) If not, then maybe you should go with Charizard instead. As for other two, go with Gengar and either Blastoise or Greninja. Good luck!

Last edited:

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • If your Talonflame has Gale Wings and knows Brace Bird (or any other good flying-type attacks), then you should definitely give it a shot. :) If not, then maybe you should go with Charizard instead. As for other two, go with Gengar and either Blastoise or Greninja. Good luck!
    Thank you, hope I can get 20 streaks now.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Which 3 pokemon is the best for single battle at battle maison?

If you can get your hands on a decent Kansgaskhan (Mega), I've found it's pretty good in the Battle Maison. If you set up with a couple Power-Up Punches, you can sweep most teams.

Years
  • Real quick guys.

Need a counter for Azumarill and Talonflame my main two problems right now. With their priority speed isn't really too much of an issue.
    I'm looking at Rotom Wash and was thinking something like:

Rotom-W @Rocky Helmet / Chesto Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
    Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Discharge
    - Hydro Pump
    - Reflect / Rest

My plan is really about taking care of both of them with the one guy, so Discharge and Hydro Pump are definite.
    I'm really tossing up between Reflect and Rest. I'm not sure which to go with that will let me last longer against these two Pokemon specifically.
    Reflect gives me extra defence and a little bit extra Rocky Helmet damage, but Rest gives me recovery at least once.

I'm more than open to completely different strategies that don't include Rotom also.

Team so far if you're interested:
    Spoiler:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Real quick guys.

Need a counter for Azumarill and Talonflame my main two problems right now. With their priority speed isn't really too much of an issue.
    I'm looking at Rotom Wash and was thinking something like:

Rotom-W @Rocky Helmet / Chesto Berry
    Ability: Levitate
    EV's: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
    Bold Nature (+Def -Atk)
    - Volt Switch
    - Discharge
    - Hydro Pump
    - Reflect / Rest

My plan is really about taking care of both of them with the one guy, so Discharge and Hydro Pump are definite.
    I'm really tossing up between Reflect and Rest. I'm not sure which to go with that will let me last longer against these two Pokemon specifically.
    Reflect gives me extra defence and a little bit extra Rocky Helmet damage, but Rest gives me recovery at least once.

I'm more than open to completely different strategies that don't include Rotom also.

Team so far if you're interested:
    Spoiler:
    Will-o-Wisp is preferred for bulky Rotom to let it cripple Azumarill. While it won't do anything to Talonflame, Wash Rotom's bulk and typing are just enough to let it deal with it.

Feedback on team:

Hydreigon is best played as a wall breaker. It needs the raw power of Draco Meteor to achieve that purpose:
    -Draco Meteor
    -Dark Pulse
    -Iron Tail/Superpower
    -Fire Blast/Roost
    Nature: Rash/Mild
    EVs: 40 Atk/236 SAtk/232 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Draco Meteor
    -Dark Pulse
    -Fire Blast/Earth Power
    -Flash Cannon/Focus Blast
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 24 HP/252 SAtk/232 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs

SD/King's Shield Aegislash is easy to play around. It also has to use an Adamant nature so that it has more power behind it:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sacred Sword
    -Shadow Sneak/Iron Head
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 240 HP/252 SAtk/16 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sacred Sword
    -Shadow Sneak
    -King's Shield/Iron Head/Pursuit
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 244 Atk/252 SAtk/12 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Spooky Plate/Spell Tag

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Iron Head
    -Sacred Sword/Head Smash
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

or
    -Swords Dance
    -King's Shield
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Sacred Sword
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef

or
    -Autotomize
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Sacred Sword/Iron Head/Flash Cannon
    Nature: Rash/Modest
    EVs: 88 Atk/252 SAtk/168 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Weakness Policy

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Pursuit
    -Toxic
    -King's Shield
    Nature: Sassy
    EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef

Mach Punch's priority is redundant with the Speed boost Choice Scarf provides for Infernape. An Iron Fist-boosted STAB Fire Punch is still weaker than a STAB Flare Blitz. Infernape is still best played as a mixed attacker:
    -Fire Blast/Flare Blitz
    -Close Combat
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Thunder Punch/U-turn/Mach Punch
    Nature: Hasty/Naive
    EVs: 212 Atk/44 SAtk/252 Spe

Years
  • Will-o-Wisp is preferred for bulky Rotom to let it cripple Azumarill. While it won't do anything to Talonflame, Wash Rotom's bulk and typing are just enough to let it deal with it.

Feedback on team:

Hydreigon is best played as a wall breaker. It needs the raw power of Draco Meteor to achieve that purpose:

SD/King's Shield Aegislash is easy to play around. It also has to use an Adamant nature so that it has more power behind it:

Mach Punch's priority is redundant with the Speed boost Choice Scarf provides for Infernape. An Iron Fist-boosted STAB Fire Punch is still weaker than a STAB Flare Blitz. Infernape is still best played as a mixed attacker:

Alright so I'll give Rotom Will-o-Wisp Cheers.

Also I see what you're saying about the team and agree with you about Hydreigon and Infernape, but I'm sorry everything you suggested about Aegislash is just wrong. With max bulk investment and as little speed as possible I make use of Shield Forme to set up SD and stall Leftovers recovery. I can get two SD's comfortably if I make a good switch and have Screens up which is enough to put major holes in my enemies team. By foregoing revenge kills altogether and exercising some patience I usually come out with Aegislash still alive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back