• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Paper Mario | The World Star [OOC]

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
  • Added in likes and dislikes to Chester like some other peeps, I really should have had it there from the beginning, it's cute :D

Nice SU pixel, woohoo for starting!

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Pixelrushe, nice SU, you and Luke are accepted! Feel free to start posting now.

@Aura: Just a head's up, this is the last day for your reservation.

Sephear

Years
  • Well there goes the first character interaction of the RP! It wasn't exactly...friendly...but it sure was fun! Anybody who wants to can interact with Chester, he's just a little stunned, I didn't describe where he crashed because it's up to whoever decides to find him. Heck, he could land in one of your houses or a shop if you want ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Alex is sort of bummed and sulking around lol. If you haven't posted and want character interaction feel free to talk to him if you want, otherwise he will be on his merry way :)

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Can I please have another day for my reserve? I have another SU to finish. Also, I'd be done already if it weren't for an incident involving an almost completed SU and a Backspace key. T_T Now I have to start all over again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Yeah of course, all you have to do is ask, and you shall receive :) Plop! Extra time has been added!

Besides, it doesn't look like anyone else is going to be joining so why not?

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Again, I need another day. There was an incident that caused me to lose my SU again. AGAIN. WHY DO SUCH BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Wow, I got fired from my job, sat in a wet puddle on the bus, and here I was hoping to see a brand, spanking new SU?

Spoiler:

Jk, jk, all dumbness aside, I shall grant you an extra day! If you need help with anything let me know, as I know the feeling of losing documents all too well :/

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • I was allowed by Jegretis to change Caitlynn's basic attack, which I have done now! Jeg, feel free to let me know if I need to change it again!

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Ehhh I'm not really mad as it was a pretty lame retail job. If anything, it helped, because now I can do whatever I want until fall semester comes around lol.

Anywho, Caitlynn's attack is a-okay! Keep in mind, she can still use melee attacks such as basic punching and whatnot. The Melee is only there if your character doesn't have any other moves to use.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Wow, that was a nice post guys :) If anyone wants to joint post let me know.

I think I may have Alex mull over and reflect on his past a bit :/ Also, if at any point you guys feel the need for me to do a time skip (for whatever reason), just holler and I'll see what I can do.

Sephear

Years
  • Chester's at the mayor's house if anyone wants to interact, blabbing about the whole paint fiasco and telling him he should make Alex and Billy clean it up (even though that's pointless :P). If not, don't know what to do with Chester myself at this point so I'm probably just gonna leave him there until either someone wants to interact, or we move forward/something that would draw him happens.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    In that case I'll prolly just have Alex go by near the mayor's house. Although he won't be too pleased to find out that Chester 'snitched' on him lol.

::EDIT:: So I just posted. Alex has confronted Chester once again, this time with the Mayor involved. Meanwhile, Elline (Alex's sister) is gone doing her errands, one of which is retrieving Alex's ointment 0.0

Last edited:

Sephear

Years
  • One good post deserves another :P

I'm so glad you started this RP Jegretis, I've thought of it before but the right way never came to me. Anywhoo great work! I love Chester, he's so much fun and we haven't even done anything yet ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Haha thanks Sephear :p Yeah I found it hard to make a plot, but my original idea was going to be called "The Arcane Relics" or "The Ancient Relics". Pretty much the plot was revolving around finding these ancient relics, and one of the relics was a compass that could point to other relics, which the characters would need to find and use. But...maybe that RP is for another time lol.

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
    Years
  • Any room left for one more? I'm heavily intriuged, as Paper Mario is one of my favorite RPGs of all time!

Name: Stompe

Species: Dull Bones

Appearance: Has a head of short, gray, curly hair, a dull blue scarf around his neck and holds a rusty shovel in hand and a lantern in the other.

Personality: A bit of a loner, he usually doesn't interact with many of the townspeople, as he's far too concerned with his own problems. His only hobby is crotching, although he is far more passionate about his job as a gravekeeper Quite polite and posh, he has a bit of an inflated ego, which often gets the best of him. He always feels the need to give his two cents on something, even if he isn't part of the conversation. Stompe is angered fairly easily, although he tries to stay calm and controlled, although everybody has their limit. He gets along well with the Mayor and some of the tykes, which he tells to them wondrous stories of fighting off grave robbers and even confronting some trouble-making ghosts, although he's never taken the time to interact with any of the townspeople or get to know them, even though he passes by them everyday and is one of the oldest fellas around. However, from pure observation, he is quite fond of Chester, along with the girls who work at the local shop.

Likes: Himself, Kind-mannered people, ghosts, his job, and Koopasta.

Dislikes: "Unruly hooligans", vultures, Mushrooms, and anything considered downright impolite or rude.

History: Back in the day, when the quiet little town of Quite Meadows was still new, a young Koopa from Koopa Village walked down it's streets, known as Stompe. He was a graduate of Blue Shell University and had moved to Quiet Meadows in hopes of a low budget home. Shortly after Stompe moved in, the old gravekeeper had retired, and the position was empty. He took up the position as an opportunity to further his studies, as he majored in spectrology. However, shift after shift, Stompe grew to adore the darkness of the night, and the eerie feeling around him. However, one night, a couple of delinquents came by to steal some loot from the graves. Stompe quickly ended their little scheme and felt sorry for the poor souls, being disturbed after their games have ended. Stompe tossed all his works on spectrology out the window and dedicated himself to his job, keeping the graves safe. Out of the 17 grave robberies attempted during his lifetime, none of them were successful, and he even caught a group of criminals who were some of the Most Wanted in the Mushroom Kingdom! However, one day, in his late 40s, Stompe had a heart attack and passed away within his own graveyard. A few years later, Stompe was brought back by a necromancer who was trying to raise an army of the dead. Stompe quickly decommissioned the mischievous hooligan and continued living his (after)life in Quiet Meadows the only way he knows how; protecting the dead!

Attacks:
    - Melee - Stompe attacks by whacking and banging enemies upside the head with his trusty, rusty shovel.

- Enlightenment - Stompe increases the flame within his lamp, sending out a blinding light that will cause enemies to sometimes miss for a short time.

If anything needs to be fixed, just tell me and I would be happy to oblige!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @GoldFish: Actually the spots are already filled, but if that last person decides not to join, then I'll let you know :)

Also, I may as well give some SU advice since I'm on the topic. Your SU is too short lol. I don't mind that your character is a dry bones, but your personality section is too short. Also, what do you mean by 'game'? People's games have ended lol? And lastly your attacks seem a bit...obsolete I guess? Why would he use his shovel to throw dirt when you could hit enemies with the shovel? And wouldn't the Lantern just break like a consumable item if he threw it? In that case it would act as an item :/

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
    Years
  • @GoldFish: Actually the spots are already filled, but if that last person decides not to join, then I'll let you know :)

Also, I may as well give some SU advice since I'm on the topic. Your SU is too short lol. I don't mind that your character is a dry bones, but your personality section is too short. Also, what do you mean by 'game'? People's games have ended lol? And lastly your attacks seem a bit...obsolete I guess? Why would he use his shovel to throw dirt when you could hit enemies with the shovel? And wouldn't the Lantern just break like a consumable item if he threw it? In that case it would act as an item :/

I'll fix up that personality section. I assume you're looking for at least a paragraph. The games have ended thing refers to those who are dead, it was first mentioned when Koops said he thought his father's game had ended, and continued in Super Paper Mario. It was most often brought up during Chapter 7, The Underwhere. It was a reference to getting a "Game Over", when you lose all your lives in a video game. So if your game has ended, it basically means your dead.

For the attacks, I kinda over thought that shovel attack, didn't I? ~_~ I'll fix that. For Lamp Lob, I figured it would work the same as a Hammer Bro throwing a hammer, as he has an infinite amount of them and they don't do a terrible lot of damage. I can change it to something else if you would prefer, assuming that spot will still be open ;)

EDIT: I fixed everything mentioned so far! Just tell me if anything else needs fixed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @GoldFish: I'll let you know if the person decided not to sign up, but since I am here, I may as give even more advice lol. Your SU is still a bit too short :p Expand more on personality and history, as those are the two most important things.

Sorry Bastian, Caitlynn is all alone :( I should have made another NPC to interact with her. Unless you want Billy to just happen to 'run' into Caitlynn lol :/

On that note, if Chester wants to accompany Alex back to the store, his sister will have a surprise for him 0.0 Either way, he's not gonna be too happy.

Back