• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
  • Eelektross isn't the best pokemon, but what do you think of this Physical set?

Eelekxander @ Life Orb
    Adamant 252 HP/252 Atk
    - Coil
    - Wild Charge
    - Aqua Tail
    - Dragon Tail / Flamethrower

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Eelektross isn't the best pokemon, but what do you think of this Physical set?

Eelekxander @ Life Orb
    Adamant 252 HP/252 Atk
    - Coil
    - Wild Charge
    - Aqua Tail
    - Dragon Tail / Flamethrower

Wild Charge and Life Orb are counterproductive with the defensive nature of Coil because they whittle away at Eelektross' much-needed health:
    -Coil
    -Thunder Punch
    -Drain Punch
    -Substitute/Dragon Tail/Aqua Tail
    Nature: Careful/Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 SDef (Careful) or 252 HP/16 Atk/240 SDef (Adamant)
    Item: Leftovers

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Do the bonuses Pokemon Amie grants apply in the Battle Maison?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    No they don't. This can be seen when the Pokemon doesn't turn its head towards you at the start of the battle; you also don't get to pet them when they KO an opponent.

Aw, I was hoping it would. I really could've used those advantages in the Battle Maison. Why they couldn't just make it tough without resorting to hax and team reading...

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • I think you can organize that here but the thing is, there aren't that many battlers here on PC in general and to organize one on this site would be pointless in my opinion. A much more effective way to organize local competitions would be to say, create a page on facebook or a website dedicated to it, set up tourney format and prizes, and then advertise to the world, with friends helping you advertise it. If you're trying to do what Nugget Bridge does, it won't work here. Our active community is a fraction of what theirs are AND our active community is split between all battle formats while theirs is dedicated to one.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • If the prizes are good enough, it will become competitive, rather than casual. Back when I was scrambling around trying to start a league, I had people willing to help donate prizes... and people as far as Penn State willing to come play. You just need to find the right support. But seriously though, PC is not the place to focus your efforts toward grassroot tournaments. It's fine for a bit of advertising, but not a good place to put 80% of your effort into.

If I were you, I'd try to find a league around my area and pitch the idea to the league owner. If there isn't a league around me, I'd try to start one. Perhaps you'll have better luck than I did.

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • Which Ability for Arcanine?

What's a more effective ABILITY for Arcanine?

I'm currently breeding to get a 6IV Growlithe, and I'm almost done. I can choose to either breed my 5IV Arcanine with a Growlithe with the missing Speed IV with either Flash Fire or Initmidate. What do you think is more useful competitively? Justified seems too much of a pain to get, so I'm not going to really bother. I put it in though, to see people's opinions.

Last edited:

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • WOW I put nature in the title, whoops. You know when you're listening to someone speak, and sometimes you'll write or say they words they do? Was listening to a video was talking about natures...oops.

If the Battle Center is more appropriate, could a mod please move this (and change "Nature" to "Ability," in the title and poll)?

edit: i cant believe how many times i wrote nature sweet jesus

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Fire attacks usually come from Fire Pokemon, who would resist flash fire boosted attacks.

Intimidate is just always a good ability, even better in doubles where both foes get hit.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I fixed the mistake and I'm moving this over to Battle Center.

Flash Fire and Intimidate have their merits; I haven't experimented enough with Justified.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
  • It completely depends what role your Arcanine plays in your team. The first thing you must decide is if your Arcanine will be Offensive, Defensive or a mixture of the two. This simple breakdown usually helps me most of the time when deciding move sets and abilities.

I hope that my post didn't sound too obvious or juvenile, but I'm just sharing what makes this process less complicated for me.

Here are my opinions:

Offensive = Flash Fire OR Justified
    Defensive = Flash Fire OR Intimidate

I would go with Flash Fire for Offensive IF you favor double or triple battles over single battles. Flash fire is also useful for Defensive purposes because this would give a "free" trade-in for Arcanine since it wouldn't get hurt but actually will get stronger. However, using Flash Fire for defensive is only useful if Arcanine knows moves not of it's type.

If you think about it, there are many reasons to choose either ability. Just think a little bit then give it a whirl. If all else fails there's always the ability capsule :P.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It completely depends what role your Arcanine plays in your team. The first thing you must decide is if your Arcanine will be Offensive, Defensive or a mixture of the two. This simple breakdown usually helps me most of the time when deciding move sets and abilities.

I hope that my post didn't sound too obvious or juvenile, but I'm just sharing what makes this process less complicated for me.

Here are my opinions:

Offensive = Flash Fire OR Justified
    Defensive = Flash Fire OR Intimidate

I would go with Flash Fire for Offensive IF you favor double or triple battles over single battles. Flash fire is also useful for Defensive purposes because this would give a "free" trade-in for Arcanine since it wouldn't get hurt but actually will get stronger. However, using Flash Fire for defensive is only useful if Arcanine knows moves not of it's type.

If you think about it, there are many reasons to choose either ability. Just think a little bit then give it a whirl. If all else fails there's always the ability capsule :P.
    I'd just use Intimidate or Flash Fire on Arcanine. Intimidate is best on defensive Arcanine, but it's still viable on offensive variants. Justified isn't that useful because Arcanine is neutral to Dark, unlike the other users of the ability (legendary musketeers, physical Lucario and Absol).

Ars Arcanum

The North Remembers.
    Years
  • I'm thinking my Arcanine will look like this:

Adamant @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    - 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

Flare Blitz
    Wild Charge
    Extremespeed
    Crunch/Outrage

So basically it'll be an all-out physical sweeper. I'm thinking probably Intimidate would be a little more useful, yeah?

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • Alright, i have a couple questions
    What is the best set for Cofagrigus? I was thinking of a bulky attacker set.
    Also what are good set for Weezing and Azumarill?

i believe Wezzing now gets Toxic spikes, would those be worth a slot?

EDIT: is Knock off worth it on a gliscor?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm thinking my Arcanine will look like this:

Adamant @ Life Orb/Leftovers
    - 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP

Flare Blitz
    Wild Charge
    Extremespeed
    Crunch/Outrage

So basically it'll be an all-out physical sweeper. I'm thinking probably Intimidate would be a little more useful, yeah?
    Close Combat would be greatly appreciated on Arcanine:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extreme Speed
    -Wild Charge/Crunch
    -Close Combat/Morning Sun
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe or 72 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef/176 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire
    Alright, i have a couple questions
    What is the best set for Cofagrigus? I was thinking of a bulky attacker set.
    Also what are good set for Weezing and Azumarill?

i believe Wezzing now gets Toxic spikes, would those be worth a slot?

EDIT: is Knock off worth it on a gliscor?

Cofagrigus is best played as an offensive Trick Room user.:
    -Trick Room
    -Nasty Plot
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)/Will-o-Wisp
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 248 HP/252 SAtk/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers

Weezing:
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Will-o-Wisp/Toxic Spikes
    -Pain Split/Flamethrower
    -Haze/Taunt
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Black Sludge
    (note that Pain Split and Toxic Spikes are illegal because Toxic Spikes is an X/Y egg move, while Pain Split is an HG/SS/B2/W2 tutor move)

Azumarill:
    -Waterfall
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Superpower
    EVs: 212 HP/252 Atk/44 Spe
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Huge Power

or
    -Belly Drum
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Superpower/Waterfall
    EVs: 92 HP/252 Atk/164 Spe
    Item: Sitrus Berry

or
    -Aqua Jet
    -Play Rough
    -Power-Up Punch
    -Knock Off/Waterfall
    EVs: 16 HP/252 Atk/240 SDef
    Item: Assault Vest

Edit: Knock Off is also viable on Gliscor now that it got buffed.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Extremely gimmicky set.

Kecleon @ Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
    Brave Nature (or adamant)
    - Fake Out
    - Sucker Punch
    - Brick Break/ Power Up Punch/ Drain Punch*(bw2 tutor)
    - Shadow Sneak

Priority moves can make him immune to some attacks before they hit. Helps to Baton Pass some SD Boosts... He can sweep pretty good, but only if you opponent dies of laughter!

He can learn recover, but he aint taking any hits.

Are there other Keckleon Sets?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back