• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Got a quick perfect IV question. How can I tell if a Pokemon has perfect IVs in Pokemon FireRed. Mainly for the Starters, but for anyone? Thanks!

We don't know for sure, but you'll have to keep track of the EVs the Pokemon gets as it levels up. For reference, here are the maximum stats for each starter at level 5, assuming a neutral nature (in order of HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed):
    Bulbasaur: 21/11/11/13/13/11
    Charmander: 20/11/10/12/11/13
    Squirtle: 20/11/13/11/12/10

This doesn't mean they'll have a perfect IV in that stat, though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2014
    Thanks for the quick reply. But, I see people post that they have perfect IV pokemon. How does one know that said pokemon is perfect? I am new to the idea of leveling them as perfect IV and EV. Any info you could give on it, would be great.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • There's a guy in the Kiloude pokemon center who you can talk to who evaluates your pokemon's IVs. If he says "Can't be better" or something like that (I forget the exact phrase), it means your 'mon has a 31 in that specific stat. If he says something like "It's terrible" or something along that vein, it means your 'mon has a 0 in that stat.

You also have the option to take your 'mon to the battle institute in that big city (I forget the name, the one that's shaped like a pokeball) and use an IV calculator to calculate your 'mon's stats at level 50. I use metalkid's calculator.

IVs cannot be changed. If you get something with terrible IVs, you'll need to breed or trade for a new one. The IVs are generated once the egg shows up in the daycare man's hands or once they pop up on your screen in the wild. I'm not completely sure about the bird trio.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • There's a guy in the Kiloude pokemon center who you can talk to who evaluates your pokemon's IVs. If he says "Can't be better" or something like that (I forget the exact phrase), it means your 'mon has a 31 in that specific stat. If he says something like "It's terrible" or something along that vein, it means your 'mon has a 0 in that stat.

You also have the option to take your 'mon to the battle institute in that big city (I forget the name, the one that's shaped like a pokeball) and use an IV calculator to calculate your 'mon's stats at level 50. I use metalkid's calculator.

IVs cannot be changed. If you get something with terrible IVs, you'll need to breed or trade for a new one. The IVs are generated once the egg shows up in the daycare man's hands or once they pop up on your screen in the wild. I'm not completely sure about the bird trio.
    The game he was playing is FireRed, where IV checkers don't exist.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hello, I was wondering what could be the best set for a Crawdaunt :)

Pick one between two (this is assuming Gen VI, of course):
    -Crabhammer
    -Knock Off
    -Aqua Jet
    -Crunch
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Adaptability

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Crabhammer
    -Knock Off
    -Aqua Jet
    Item: Life Orb/Mystic Water/Splash Plate

Years
  • Isn't Aqua Jet redudant when you already have Crabhammer? You could try another physical move instead, I think.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Isn't Aqua Jet redudant when you already have Crabhammer? You could try another physical move instead, I think.

No. This isn't about redundancy, it's about utility. Crawdaunt seriously needs Aqua Jet to compensate for its terrible Speed. Besides, Water/Dark has good coverage together.

Other Aqua Jet users include Azumarill, Feraligatr and Samurott. They use Aqua Jet for the same reason Crawdaunt uses it.

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
  • Pick one between two (this is assuming Gen VI, of course):
    -Crabhammer
    -Knock Off
    -Aqua Jet
    -Crunch
    Item: Choice Band

or
    -Swords Dance
    -Crabhammer
    -Knock Off
    -Aqua Jet
    Item: Life Orb/Mystic Water/Splash Plate

hmm that looks nice, what do you think of waterfall, dragon dance or a jolly nature for this poke?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • hmm that looks nice, what do you think of waterfall, dragon dance or a jolly nature for this poke?

1. Crabhammer > Waterfall. 200 BP Crabhammer can't be beat.
    2. Crawdaunt is still slow, even after Dragon Dance and a Jolly nature, so Dragon Dance is out of the question. Crawdaunt is meant to be a hit-and-run wallbreaker.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Best set for an unburden sceptile? no poke transefer moves

Take note that Flying Gem is unreleased for Sceptile:
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Earthquake/Substitute
    -Acrobatics/Substitute
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Sitrus Berry/Liechi Berry
    Ability: Unburden

If this was Gen V, Drain Punch would've been a valid option alongside Flying Gem.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • I am trying to breed a 5 iv poke. I have the desired mons that dont overlap and Knot attached to one of them. Do I just keep hatching eggs until I get desired results?

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
  • Take note that Flying Gem is unreleased for Sceptile:
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Earthquake/Substitute
    -Acrobatics/Substitute
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Sitrus Berry/Liechi Berry
    Ability: Unburden

If this was Gen V, Drain Punch would've been a valid option alongside Flying Gem.

Cool, but does a special set work?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back