The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 18th, 2014, 04:32 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

So, I've been working on this for a few weeks now and it's starting to look somewhat how I pictured it, but here is my new battle scene so far.

The green background changes depending on who you are battling.

Graphics aren't my strong point, but I'm getting the hang of it at least, once I get the details printed on screen, HP, Types, etc. I will work on the battle mechanics.
Old March 12th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Nickalooose
--------------------

A new update:
This is to the shop and how it will look when you buy packs of cards.

From top-left to bottom-right.
1) The shop assistant talking to you.
2) Then he whips out some cards for you to choose, depending on the stock he has.
3) Here you can see;
Money window at the top-left, showing the amount of money owned (I'm obviously rich haha).
A star rating out of 3, for the packs (1=basic, 2=next level, 3=higher level).
The price of the pack you are highlighting (this is different on which ever shop you are at).
Sale sign, if the pack is in sale or not.
The description of the pack.
4) Just showing the differences, whether the pack is in sale really.
5) Pay for the packet.
6) Bought the packet.

Some other things that happen in this is:
If you don't have enough money, the assistant puts the stock back assuming you were just browsing.
You can choose whether you want that pack or not.
You can browse through each packet.
Each packet has a selection of different Pokémon on it, maybe... It's random anyway.
Money updates on screen, so you can see whether you're being over charged or not, lol.
Description changes depending on the packets you are looking at, in this case, the first column is basic packets, the second column is your elite packets and the final column is legendary packets... Depending on the amount of actual stock the assistant has, depends on the packets he's willing to show you... You can always exit the shop and he'll show you some other random packets, but don't buy too many ;)
There is a nice sound effect that plays as your rummaging through the packs to find the packet you want.
There is a nice sound effect that plays when you buy the packet you want.
There is a much nicer sound effect than that annoying beeping sound when selecting which packets you want to look at.
The packs can cost differently at each shop, depending on the area probably.
And obviously, the main part, the pack gets added to your items.

I've made the picture look a lot worse than it is in-game so thieves can't take my designs, but you can see the general look to how it will be.

Things I need to add:
When bought a pack, it disappears off the screen or a fancy effect to make it look like it's picked.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links