• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's the point of Zygarde?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Whats the point of Giratina, whats the point of Kyurem. Well hopefully he has a larger role in the sequel or Z for zubat version.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • The point of Zygarde is to be an excuse to make another game that's basically the same as X and Y except for a few additions and changes to the story. And we, as the sheep we are, will end up buying it anyway.

It's rumored Zygarde will have a Mega Evolution to put him on par with Xerneas and Yveltal.

Years
  • The point of Zygarde is to be an excuse to make another game that's basically the same as X and Y except for a few additions and changes to the story. And we, as the sheep we are, will end up buying it anyway.

It's rumored Zygarde will have a Mega Evolution to put him on par with Xerneas and Yveltal.

I don't consider myself a sheep... more like a devilishly handsome yet aggressive honey badger of some sort or maybe a tiger. Or a ape, only shaven though, if not a shaven ape, then no ape... but not a sheep

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Yeah, as everyone else is saying, I definitely think it'll receive something to boost its appeal and stats next game. Whether that's a mega evolution or just simple formes... Don't know. It'd be kind of a shame if they didn't introduce new mega's with the followup game.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    It sucks. It's type blows compared to the other two. Stats are disappointing at best. Movepool is useless. Complete waste of data space.

On a happier note it will be improved later. Why create something this awful though just to improve it later? Why not give us the good version now and keep this as a bad joke between programmers?

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    i wish GF would rather make a sequel rather than a 3rd game so i can catch xerneas myself if ever there will be a Y2 :D

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Whats the point of Giratina, whats the point of Kyurem. Well hopefully he has a larger role in the sequel or Z for zubat version.

Girtina was of a different dimension which matched Time and Space theme in Sinnoh. He was banished to the distortion world for going against Arceus. (At least it is hinted)

Kyurem was the balance breaker or empty soul. Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram were all one pokemon, but were split because of Truth and Ideals. Kyurem was the husk that was left.

The point of Zygarde is to be an excuse to make another game that's basically the same as X and Y except for a few additions and changes to the story. And we, as the sheep we are, will end up buying it anyway.

They don't need Zygarde to be the excuse to make a new game. Look what they did with gold and silver. Zygarde is the growth part of life and death. He will not be getting a Mega because it was confirmed no 6th gen pokemon would be getting a mega in this generation. However he will most likely get a new form.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    im not gona lie im not putting as much thought as a lot up above me but i do love him when people assume he is a dragon and he isnt and they fail on trying to stop him it is priceless but once people learn him in detail prob be pretty useless i think its cool pokemon and would be cool idea if was for z but then again id love to see something else in z that cant get in x and y

Years
  • im not gona lie im not putting as much thought as a lot up above me but i do love him when people assume he is a dragon and he isnt and they fail on trying to stop him it is priceless but once people learn him in detail prob be pretty useless i think its cool pokemon and would be cool idea if was for z but then again id love to see something else in z that cant get in x and y

But he has dragon typing? I don't get what you are saying

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • I'm hoping Zygarde will be the main focus of Z. I really really love this guy. His design is the best!!!!! Definitely one of my favorites of the generation.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think Zygarde is suppose to represent the root system of plants (even though it's not of the Grass type). So perhaps it's evolution it'll be the tallest Pokemon, shaped like a Z with long leaf like scales. Maybe gain the Grass type.

Roger Davis

Goofball
    Years
  • Honestly, what's the point of Zygarde? I get that its supposed to "balance" Xerneas and Yveltal. I mean, even Rayquaza could be considered a "balance" for kyogre and Groudon, but at least its ability was useful when fighting against other pokemon... AND it had great stats and its an overall great pokemon.

Zygarde, on the other hand, seems to have nothing great about it. Its stats are worse than Xerneas and Yveltal, and its just an overall "average" pokemon that definitely doesn't fit in with the strength, coolness, or cuteness factor that other legendaries bring to the table.

So I ask this: what could be the point of Zygarde?

Maybe it could've been specially designed for Pokemon Z. Maybe there are future events to make it a worthwhile Pokemon. Discuss.
    From it's Pokedex description, I'd say it's just Nintendo throwing an environmentalist Pokemon out there. :v

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • zygarde is a troll legendary i tell yah! look at its appearance, its an abomination.. i couldn't distinguish it between a snake or a snail...

anyway i think there might be a connection to it if there will be an X2 or Y2 or even Z

You know what I've been thinking X v2 and Y v2 will be called? Z and W (X/Y = first two axes of the hyper-dimensional coordinate plane / mammalian sex-determination chromosomes while Z/W = second two axes of the hyper-dimensional coordinate plane / avian sex-determination chromosomes…)

As stated before Zygarde is the Girantina/Kyurem of this generation, just with worse stats, but like the former two he'll probably another forme in the third game.

And a quick question: People are stating he has no connections to Xerneas and Yveltal...but what is the connection between the two? Y never mentions Xerneas and X never mentions Yveltal.

Huh, that's weird…oh, well; I guess that this is just another mystery that we're all going to have to solve together, then.

Last edited:

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • I'd always thought that Zygarde had a stunning design. It just looks so alien and bizarre, almost haunting. There are so few relatable features about it that it looks less like a species of legendary Pokémon and more like a monster from the depths of the earth itself. Stats don't necessarily mean everything and Zygarde's more than capable when it comes to battling. Personally I love it.

I'm not sure if Game Freak will expand on Zygarde's story but I imagine they will. It has a lot of potential.

Years
  • You know what I've been thinking X v2 and Y v2 will be called? Z and W (X/Y = first two axes of the hyper-dimensional coordinate plane / mammalian sex-determination chromosomes while Z/W = second two axes of the hyper-dimensional coordinate plane / avian sex-determination chromosomes…)

Huh, that's weird…oh, well; I guess that this is just another mystery that we're all going to have to solve together, then.
    If they do pair sequels again I see them doing ZW.

As for the relation...in the game they mentioned that due to the legendary Pokemon being asleep for so long very little is known about it (or them). Anyways throughout the game it sounded like they only had one Pokemon...

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    I see him getting a good/new form for Z, I mean, they can't put that ugly pile on a cover right? It just wouldn't look good.

Years
  • Zygarde may look strange looking but it's not ugly.

I do wonder what it's story is...sounds like a Pokemon that would've fit better with RSE's story than XY's based on it's dex entry on the ecosystem...

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • In Ruby and Sapphire, Rayquaza also was an extra until he's got his own game in Emerald where he played a much more major part in the game.

I figured Zygarde will be the same.

Back