• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Johto Mysteries (T) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Oh, could you guys at least try to do more than a 5-6 liner post?
    I know it might seem like there isn't much to do yet, but I believe there's plenty to do that would justify slightly longer posts :X

Just saying :X

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Me XD I've been quietly working on my post. :3

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
  • Well who are waiting on? :S

A majority of accepted players to post their first post. If you are looking for a specific list... then look at the first page of the OOC.

This is the first full day, that the IC will be up, and since it is the weekend before Thanksgiving, Many of these people may just be busy. Check back periodically, I'm sure it won't be too long of a wait. We all seem fairly energetic about this RP.

By the way, I re-edited IC 1-2 For a mistake that could possibly confuse someone reading it. please proofread, If at all possible. Shoot me a message if it looks good or not. Thanks

Last edited:

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
    Years
  • ^ Oh yea that's true. Although I myself am more pressed about that whole Black Friday business... And that gets pretty hectic down here >__>•••

@Fuyu: Ah, there you are lol! No rush at all to post (by all means take your time), I was just wondering who else was in the RP so I knew who else to socialize with and whatnot. :)

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    LOL yeah, sorry. I was out all of today and had stuff to do yesterday. Working now though!

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I'll have Lyra show up within the next few days. Currently having a picture of Lyra drawn since I spent over 2 hours looking for one that would work to no avail. So, as soon as I have the picture, I'll be posting Lyra's appearance. In the meantime, make friends/rivals, battle, explore the complex, there's plenty to do. And once again, PLEASE try avoiding 5-6 liners. If you don't feel inspired enough for at least 3-4 consistent parahraphs, postpone your writing until something comes up >u<

I'm sorry if I seem to be nitpicking and extremely demanding to the point of pretentious, but I just want this RP to come out great and quite frankly, a first IC page full on 5-6 liners looks really bad.

Add some description, add some of your character's thoughts, I'm sure you can think of something ^^

And be careful on spacing and post formatting. Use the
    feature to make your posts look nice​

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    And well, instead of PMing the people in question, about spacing in particular, I'm gonna just explain it here so everyone can look it up ^^

Spacing makes text look a lot less crammed up and signifficantly easier to read. Now, most of you understand the entire spacing between paragraphs part which is good. But you don't seem to get the fact that even speech lines need spacing. So, if you have a dialogue, that has to be easy to read as well

For example:

It was a beautiful sunny day. The birds were flying about the town, hopping from tree to tree, chirping happily. There was no sight of any clouds on the sky and a gentle breeze rattled the foillage of the trees, creating a beautiful song of nature.

Mary was on her way to school. She was really late despite having woken up earlier than usual. Carrying a bunch of heavy books that she had to return to the school library in the afternoon, the girl started running and running, hoping to make it in time. In her reckless running around and unable to see much because of all the books she was carrying, she bumped into someone, causing them to fall and all her books to spread on the sidewalk.

"I'm sorry!" Mary apologised and bowed then quickly dropped to her knees and started picking yp her books, checking every single one to make sure there was no damage.

"You're late again, aren't you?" the person that got knocked over giggled, unable to contain her amusement as she got up and cleaned the dust off her skirt. "Here, let me help you!" Jane then offered to help her friend.

"Oh, thank you so much, Jane!" Mary said as she let out a sigh of relief then proceeded to apologize once more.

The two girls then decided to continue their walking to school together, joking and laughing about along the way. The fact that they were late no longer seemed to matter.

You see? That's proper spacing. It's nice, clean and easy to read.

I know some might think that bolding the speech line fixes it, but it actually doesn't. It's just as easy to lose the line, even if it's in bold.

Now, remove the spacing in the above text and try reading it. Even go ahead and bold the speech lines. You'll see that the difference is HUGE.

Oh and if you want even more neat formatting, add
    tags around that tiny bit of text. Just don't forget to close the indents with [ /INDENT] as well. Of course, without the spacing between [ and / xD​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back