• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Johto Mysteries (T) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrumbledCandyWrapper

-being tossed on the pavement-
Years
  • Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Inventory:
    Spoiler:

Johto Mysteries (T) (OOC)
    Kaizen Yukimura - Act 1

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system... >__>​

This is what I got so far folks... Yes I noticed the huge face in the middle ... .-.

CrumbledCandyWrapper

Years
  • Lol. You can switch the colors an stuff. Or I could do it for you. XD

Yes please lol b/cuz I have no idea how to change the colors. If I could figure out how to change the positions I'd do that too but ... Y'know :/

If you do change the colors I was trying to go for something that matches Marshall Lee (points to avatar) over here. Either that or the red and black scheme of Kaizen ^

EDIT---
    I like the black.... It makes it look so pretty

Thanks Crimson haha . I like it too but right now I'm really just testing waters :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Would you guys mind it if I asked you to double-check your IC posts for mistakes before actually posting?

I found TONS of tiny mistakes and some greater ones...

Like the use of "your" instead of "you're" and "you're" instead of "your".
    I've also spotted stuff like "u" used instead of "you" and "idk" used instead of "I don't know" .-.

Plus numerous mistakes of names in lower case, various letters doubled, lots of typos :|

So yeah, CSS should be the least of your worries right about now :X

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
  • Looks up Css Info, "Oh boy It's coding ^^". I am going to actually be able to use the programming knowledge I got from robotics XD Hurrah!

Would you guys mind it if I asked you to double-check your IC posts for mistakes before actually posting?

I found TONS of tiny mistakes and some greater ones...

Like the use of "your" instead of "you're" and "you're" instead of "your".
    I've also spotted stuff like "u" used instead of "you" and "idk" used instead of "I don't know" .-.

Plus numerous mistakes of names in lower case, various letters doubled, lots of typos :|

So yeah, CSS should be the least of your worries right about now :X

No problem, my IC posts are copied and pasted from Word normally, and that is known to both present formatting problems as well as we all know how odd word can be sometimes XD

I always try to fix both but, well as I told Dylan_DJ I'm still new, and even though I edit an awful lot there always seems to be more.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Is mine the one that's wrong mostly :)

I don't want to give names. But all of you should double check because by typing liek dis and whatever kinds of txt spk & stuff, you're breaking actual rules of the RP corner in addition to giving me a headache.

Looks up Css Info, "Oh boy It's coding ^^". I am going to actually be able to use the programming knowledge I got from robotics XD Hurrah!

And yeah xD
    I've learned lots of tricks from people so now I can make pretty decent CSS thingies. Like ones that don't have a set width that could be bothersome to people with smaller screens and all :X And a bunch of other stuff.

But seriously guys.... You all worked so hard and made decent RP samples and all and now that the IC is up, most everything's a disaster.

Now, I know that there really isn't THAT much to do until Lyra shows up but that very first bit of the IC was there to test you even further, to test your imagination. To see if you can turn something so simple into something intricate.

Instead, I've seen short, rushed posts for the sake of posting and TONS of mistakes.

Makes me feel like you guys worked hard on your SUs just to get accepted :|

I know I seem like I'm nitpicking and that maybe I'm insisting too much on certain aspects, but I believe it's just common sense to at least use proper grammar and spelling when role playing. And decent spacing and the most basic formatting. Not to mention that most of the posts have no consistency whatsoever, it's just a load of speech in a few lines and that's that.

Take a look at other RPs for example. Like Apollo. Sure, there's a few smaller posts in there, but they all have substance. And people are at least trying to respect a few basic rules when it comes to writing lol.

If you're just posting for the sake of posting, then don't post. I always got quite a gap in-between my posts because I'm writing thems eparately in Word and I only write if I have an idea that could give me a decent post in both length AND substance.

Looks up Css Info, "Oh boy It's coding ^^". I am going to actually be able to use the programming knowledge I got from robotics XD Hurrah!

No problem, my IC posts are copied and pasted from Word normally, and that is known to both present formatting problems as well as we all know how odd word can be sometimes XD

I always try to fix both but, well as I told Dylan_DJ I'm still new, and even though I edit an awful lot there always seems to be more.

You're actually doing pretty well and I'm surprised by the length and substance and presence of tons of details in your posts. You're doing amazingly well.

And I copy-pasta from Word as well, I just make sure to at least look over my post for any errors and stuff. And my Word posts usually just involve the proper spacing. I leave the formatting for the actual forum post. Like adding indents and bolds and italics and stuff.

I've taken the liberty to quote these two rules from the RP Corner rules section here:

All IC Posts must be at least 100 words long in length, which is equalivent to about or just over four full lines of text. It's important that all posts are lengthy, detailed, and there is a no tolerance rule for one-liner posts. Don't know how to count your words? Copy and paste into Microsoft Word, if you've got it. If not, WordCounterTool.com is a helpful website.

Now, So far, everyone's respected this rule, but that doesn't mean you should keep your posts in the 200 words range because, so far, there's been lots of posts little over 100 words but under 200. That makes them seemed a bit rushed. Now, I didn't wanna go for a 500 words minimum rule when I started the RP, because, sometimes, there really isn't enough to say to reach 500 words, but I know for a fact that some of the tiny posts out there could be improved.

Do not use script posting or abbreviated text. Here, we roleplay like we are writing a story and in proper English too.

'Bobby: *Pushes Tim* Don't do that!' should be written as '"Don't do that!" Bobby said, pushing Tim.' It is also not acceptable to use "133t $p34k" here. For example, "hi do u wnt 2 go 2 da movis w/ me" should be written as "Hi, do you want to go to the movies with me?"

This needs no further explanation. Just check your posts and make sure you get rid of all the abbreviations and text speak. xD

Last edited:

CrumbledCandyWrapper

Years
  • Well I just checked over mine and Moons ... Glad to say I only had about 1 or 2 minor mistakes myself *wipes shoulders off* :P

Anywhoooooo ... Some help with my "CCS" whatever-ma-bob would be nice now lmao

EDIT: I think I could wrap the picture itself in spoilers... That way there's more room for text stuff. Yes/No ?

Zero Percent

Loading... Please wait
    Years
  • I went ahead and changed my post to add CSS. If something looks bad or something, tell me. I'll change it in an hour.

Edit: Alright, nevermind then. My meeting was canceled, so here I am.

Last edited:

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    I'm also sorry for not posting. I've been busy but school ends tomorrow for Thanksgiving break, so hopefully I'll have it up tomorrow!

CrumbledCandyWrapper

Years
  • Yay more peeps! Haha. But yea, Zen's right; you all don't need to rush at our expense. Eager or not, that's no reason you have to shorten up your opening posts.

Deal with RL first, the RP will still be here when you're good 'n ready ^_^

Years
  • Oh, and since I've already done this for 3 people, I might as well spill the beans:

I'll create a mini-sprite for you RP Character if you want. Just send me a visitor message and I'll work on it! ^^

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Sorry for not posting yet, I've been really busy lately in RL. But Thanksgiving break starts tomorrow, so I'll get something up then. I'll try to do it today, actually.

Century

CANDY FUCHSiA BUiCK
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2019
    Name: Nycteus "Nick" Richards

Pokégear Choice: Forest

Appearance: Nycteus is usually seen in a plain black t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans. His backpack is red, and holds his sweater for colder weather, potions, TMs and all of the other miscellaneous things that Pokémon trainers encounter. On his belt, is a Pokéball holster, along with a zippered black pouch that contains all of his empty Pokéballs.

His hair is very normal for a boy his age, jet black and short. Covering it is a deep blue bandana folded so it covers his forehead. His black facial hair is now beginning to come in, and is usually sporting five o'clock shadow. His deep blue eyes are piercing, but inviting. He is built averagely and looks very average for his age.

Personality: Nycteus is described as people who know him as a very intense persona. He simply wants to be the best Pokémon trainer in the world. For his entire life, he has watched old televised gym battles, especially Blaine, the gym leader on Cinnabar Island. Nycteus loved the intensity put forth by Blaine during battles, as well as the fire type pokemon, which he grew an extreme fondness for during his childhood. From the moments when he saw Blaine scorch his opponents in gym battles, only losing a few, Nycteus wanted to become a Pokémon trainer to be as legendary as Blaine has become.

Fortunately for him, his father was an expert on Pokemon, having a wide variety of Pokémon to play with and battle with during his youth. This has made Nycteus very comfortable with Pokémon, allowing him to have more confidence during his battles. This backfires though, as everyone has their faults and Nycteus is prone to mental lapses, which hinder his battling abilities occasionally. He keeps his pokemon team disciplined and usually allows more than 1 Pokémon out of their Pokéball at the same time.

He is a man of few words, but ones that are close to him are easily able to get a lot of information of him. As he becomes more open, he allows himself to speak more, and expresses his sense of humor. Full of snickers and giggles, he becomes a joy to be around.

Growing up in Goldenrod City, he wasn't close enough to become a Pokémon trainer during his youth, and instead of graduating high school, he has decided to make the travel to Cianwood with the blessing of his parents to make his dream come true.

Starter Pokémon:

Growlithe, (♂)

Short description of your Pokémon's traits and personality: Nick's Growlithe is very playful, acting as a foil for his character to other people, but when with people Nick is close with, Growlithe seems just like him.

Roleplay Sample:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Century, you're accepted ^^

Here's your Growlithe's info:

Male/Intimidate
    Bite/Roar/Ember/Flame Wheel

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back