• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Is it morally wrong to hurt Audino?

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Audino is just a normal Pokémon and you get lot of EXP when you defeat it though it's cute. Normally I don't hunt Audino, I just go to grass and battle with random Pokémon. But if I see shaking grass, then it's time to go for little more EXP. :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Who cares? It's a game. Plus Audino's Double-Edge and Secret Power attacks hurt like a *****, so I tear it to pieces and gain tremendous EXP. :)

Djinnception

There's a Snake in my boots!
    Years
  • This is the closest that I could get for a response in this. I'd like to bring up one other point: If beating Audinos into a bloody pulp is considered morally wrong, then shouldn't fighting & killing those infant Pokémon (Elekid, Smoochum, Azurill, etc.) also be wrong from a moral standpoint?

Technically, i wouldn't use the word KILL. You are making the Pokemon FAINT, not DIE... I am sure all those poor Audinos will wake up in about 10-15 minutes, heal themselves, and go on about their business. Sure Pokemon might die, but not as a result of you battling and defeating them.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    While it does heal others... are you telling me it's only going to heal others.. of course not.. it's going to be a battling Pokémon too! So, no it's not wrong.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    If they existed in the real world, then I definitely wouldn't go out of my way to battle them. I could never hurt something that's cute and heals me too.

However, since they're just characters in a video game, then no, it's not wrong to fight them. Although I still can't help feeling slightly guilty sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    When players begin to think about the moral obligations of playing a game, the Audinos have won.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • If Audino didn't want to be slaughtered, then it should learn to be more ninja-like and not cause the grass to shake, which is essentially the equivalent of a big red target...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When players begin to think about the moral obligations of playing a game, the Audinos have won.

And perhaps it's a good thing that Audino's have won, maybe this thread will convince just one, or two players to suddenly reconsider their actions - and that'll spread, spread FAR and then finally, Audino will be safe and no longer an endangered species. :)

While it does heal others... are you telling me it's only going to heal others.. of course not.. it's going to be a battling Pokémon too! So, no it's not wrong.

Not necessarily, as mentioned most older Audino's don't battle.

If Audino didn't want to be slaughtered, then it should learn to be more ninja-like and not cause the grass to shake, which is essentially the equivalent of a big red target...

Not Audino's fault it is "large". :x

What's interesting is that low-level Audino do attack you - they use Double-Edge. However, at high levels I rarely see that, only Heal Pulse and Simple Beam mostly, with an occasional After You or Entrainment. We could obviously attribute this to the fact that they learn Double Edge so low level that by the time they're high level they've forgotten it, but if you disregard the game mechanics, it raises questions. Maybe the Audino have an instinct to fight that they don't learn to control until higher levels? Or maybe they become more Audino-like as they level...or less?

As I said on irc I love that theory. I think that when they are younger they are defenseless and it's easier to kill them, while as they grow older it's that they can hold up their own in a battle where a trainer hasn't grinded that much so they feel it's the time to use the healing powers. Perhaps it's Audino's destiny and it only grows into that destiny as it gets older, too, after seeing other injured Pokemon and it realises it wants to help them AND BE SELFLESS. :3

Conaire

Psychobilly Punk
    Years
  • We aren't the ones that are beating them up are we? No it's the pokemon, pokemon kill people, people don't kill people.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • We aren't the ones that are beating them up are we? No it's the pokemon, pokemon kill people, people don't kill people.

Yes, there are Pokémon that kill people (mainly ghost types), but Audino doesn't. Audino are like natural nurses/doctors. They use their excellent hearing to assess a Pokémon's condition and then heal them with Heal Pulse. And people kill Pokémon, for instance, Team Rocket and Marowak. What you just said was basically saying guns are the ones that kill people, people are completely innocent. You are the one commanding the Pokémon what to do.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    If Audino didn't want to be slaughtered, then it should learn to be more ninja-like and not cause the grass to shake, which is essentially the equivalent of a big red target...

Victim blaming isn't acceptable in the real world, juuuuust saying. :x

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
  • Really, who cares about Audino?
    I love killing it for EXP. Why should I feel bad about that or why should I stop? I don't care, it gives good exp, and I'm happy that it's so common. And I hate it's look, it's so annoying, so it brings me joy KOing it.
    I really feel sorry to Diglett I use to exp and EV on in RGBYFRLG. It is sooo cute and good in competitive! Lol, nope. I don't, these are only pixels and digits.
    IT'S A GAME, PEOPLE!!! It's not a real animal nor a person.
    Why don't you tell Game Freak to make Pinkpeace organisation in next main game? They'll save Audino from being abused for exp by player.
    Consider that idea, totally worth it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    This is so pathetic.

What about all the hard working Pokémon that work to keep the regions clean or in good shape? What about the Pokémon working in the mines in DPPt? They do it all daily, and we hurt these Pokémon too. All Audino is heal us, which is already done for us at the Pokémon Center. & How about the legendaries of all the regions that help protect us and yet we use them for our battling and power desires??? How come there isn't a thread for that too?

Audino doesn't even bring up a very good heated discussion, smh rn. It's just a pixel like any other Pokémon and I'm sure if it weren't for a certain person Forever, you wouldn't care about Audino so much either. But it is associated with one and so you must quote the world and tell them that Audino is great and we're all wrong and argue our points.

What a thread!
    There's a difference. The owners of those pokemon wanted to battle, and I'm sure the miners did too. They're fighting type pokemon after all, so they live for battle. Although the owners also used rock types I believe, so I can't speak for all. As for the wild Machop in the mines, they're probably wild pokemon that just went in the caves to train, and even if they're miners too, they're also fighting type pokemon.

Audino simply want to heal others. Whether they enjoy battling other pokemon, who knows? Maybe they do, maybe they don't. But they're not as obsessed with battling like fighting type pokemon are.

As for the legendaries, I think you have a point there. Legendaries are probably in hard to reach places for a very good reason, to not have to deal with trainers trying to catch them. They have a job, and catching them probably would interfere with that job.

But in the end, it's just a game, and if pokemon existed in the real world, I don't think most of us would have legendaries (or any of us, they would be too strong for anyone who tried to catch them) or run into mines to battle against miners, or go around singling out cute fluffy pink blobs who happen to be doctors.

Assassin9399

No humor => No Title
    Years
  • You just ruined the Audino's extra experience for me.

I know that it's wrong, but in this case I act like when I eat meat. I enjoy it, but when I actually think about it, I know that it's wrong. But I just don't want to give in to that, cause I like meat (or Audino's experience in that case).

It's wrong to do it when you think about it, so I just don't think about it :3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2012
    in my opinion its doing what bio shock does for the little sisters if you make them faint you get a crap load of exp but you feel terrible if you decide to catch it you wont feel as bad but wont get the exp honestly its a little sister made adorable

EDIT: now i feel terrible for killing that aldino last night :(

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Ok um wow.... let me just start by saying I have lost multiple brain cells reading through this. It was like reading a PETA article. I mean, lemme just say I want to know where you got the games where Audino use mostly those moves. Because no matter where I go, those little horrors are trying to kill me. They used simple beam on me MAYBE once and I didn't know till I looked them up that they could even learn heal pulse, that the move even existed. THEY. NEVER. USED. IT. ON. ME. My pokemon coulda been in the red and I ran into the patch when I wasn't looking. "OH HEY LET'S KNOCK THAT LARVITAR OUT DURRHURRHURR" That is how Audino treat me. In both my english and Japanese games. They don't show me the "kindness" you all seem to know so well. Never once. I saw them as decietful merciless beasts that, if anything DESERVED to be hunted. And no, I am not lying. I would have recorded playing my game if I coulda. Those things were always cold to me. And don't say "Oh you prolly did something to deserve it" Ummmm nope. I don't think I did. If I am not EV training I either run from everything or run from nothing. So don't try to say I single them out. So I don't think it is morally wrong, nor do I think any guilt comes into my mind. And that's saying something. A leaf falls and I start guilt tripping myself. With how these "kind hearted" pokemon treat me, I feel no guilt in letting my pokemon knock them over the horizon. Go ahead and call me heartless. They brought what I do upon themselves.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Personally, I enjoy savagely fainting every single Audino I come across, simply because they troll me when I am trying to capture RNG. Their little square pops up and I am like you little ... then I faint it. I think we should encourage these Audino faintings, it's a pest, plain and simple.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2012
    i would kill more its just the way they look it eats my insides when i kill them its like there pleading "PLEASE DONT KILL ME *ALDINO CRYING*"

it brings extreme guilt into my normaly hatred filled heart

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Audino, your cuteness holds no sway with me. Go ask the likes of Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Marill, etc. if their cuteness kept me from defeating them.

But personally I run from them more often than I kill them because I'm usually hunting for whatever other rare Pokemon also appears in the shaking grass. When it does show up, I'm usually, "DAMN! NOT ANOTHER AUDINO!" and quickly run away, hoping the next Pokemon I stumble across is something I haven't seen a hundred times before.

Back