• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Is it morally wrong to hurt Audino?

Axiom

Seraphic
Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2012
    Audino don't do nothin' but heal with their hearts for all of us. That's why it's a sin to kill an Audino.

-To kill an Audino

Years

• Is it morally wrong to hurt any Pokemon?

I grinded so hard off of Audino. Then they rewarded me for slaughtering so many of their family members by handing me a shiny one. I felt a little bad, but it was a Nuzlocke and I needed that EXP. o.e

So...maybe? It's sort of like the whole "don't kill a mockingbird" quote, except this is a video game and there are no repercussions for anything.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I think it's morally wrong to hurt any wild Pokémon to the point of fainting!!! ...But Audino in particular? Not my fault Audino has sucky moves when dealing with opposing Pokémon. Its doubleslap somehow always manages to hit five times, and it's even managed to beat some of my team early on in the game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Personally, I enjoy savagely fainting every single Audino I come across, simply because they troll me when I am trying to capture RNG. Their little square pops up and I am like you little ... then I faint it. I think we should encourage these Audino faintings, it's a pest, plain and simple.

A pest? Yeah compare that to Zubat of the past games and the wild Pokemon that appear so often in Unova's caves and grass in general, it's your choice to run into them, while for everything else, you have no choice. Those are the real pests.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
  • well that depends, people hurt audino for exp or some leave them alone but normally its not wrong to hurt an audino unless it was trying to help you then it would be wrong to attack someone who is helping you.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years

• Victim blaming isn't acceptable in the real world, juuuuust saying. :x

But an animal that can't hide very well in the wild is a target for predators in the real world.

I don't think it is morally wrong. If we take this into real life perspectives, an animal that wants to 'help' a predator is bound to be attacked. If an animal doesn't want to get killed by a predator it should stay clear of predators.

What about pokemon that can't do anything like Metapod and Kakuna, is it morally wrong to faint them as well?

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
  • Morally wrong? I don't think so.

To tame it and run from it, well that could be a valid purpose. Just like hurting a Pichu and a Chansey.

Besides, this is just the way it should be. They just fainted, you just gained experience, and you can even decide to catch it before it flees. Its just perfectly natural.

What's morally wrong is killing Pokemon, but I doubt you could do that. The world doesn't allow you to do so.

And I doubt you cant stand battling a level 100 Audino, and fainting it before it hits you with a jolly-good double-edge.

Just remember, you're doing it all the time. You hurt it, it faints, it regenerates at the wild, and it returns to be fainted again.

(No Pokemon were killed in the making of this Battle.)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Spoiler:

...That aside, part of me wants to say "If you feel something for a digital creature that'll probably never be real, then you have no life." But another part says, "How cruel! Any sort of animal abuse is wrong ;;" Honestly, I would never purposely track down Audino just for the exp., but if I do come across shaking grass and it does reveal Audino, I will battle it for the exp.

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

...That aside, part of me wants to say "If you feel something for a digital creature that'll probably never be real, then you have no life." But another part says, "How cruel! Any sort of animal abuse is wrong ;;" Honestly, I would never purposely track down Audino just for the exp., but if I do come across shaking grass and it does reveal Audino, I will battle it for the exp.
    LOL! Oh. My. God. That is so wrong. XD
    When it's in the game it doesn't seem that bad. But in a visual like that it's really sad.

Back