• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Is it morally wrong to hurt Audino?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • Nah...I only think killing one thats weaker than your other pokemon is wrong...

I don't think it is wrong to defeat Pokémon of a weaker level because, what do high level Pokémon defeat then? In the wild, Pokémon would defeat lower level Pokémon to train themselves. It's purposely focusing on one species, which is what I think is wrong.

Years
  • I don't think it is wrong to defeat Pokémon of a weaker level because, what do high level Pokémon defeat then? In the wild, Pokémon would defeat lower level Pokémon to train themselves. It's purposely focusing on one species, which is what I think is wrong.
    I think the only thing that's wrong is that the healing move heals the Pokemon Audino is fighting and not itself.

Or that someone has been farming for exp too much and needs to take a break. :paranoid:

Years
  • Not really - in-game you don't know whether wild Pokemon do hurt other wild Pokemon in Unova, I certainly haven't heard any cases of it. What if humans are the only ones that are doing this?.

Hahaha, that is so inaccurate. Ahem, reading from Heatmor's Pokedex entry: "Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides."
    And Mandibuzz's: "Watching from the sky, they swoop to strike weakened Pokémon on the ground. They decorate themselves with bones."
    I'm sure the list goes on. :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hahaha, that is so inaccurate. Ahem, reading from Heatmor's Pokedex entry: "Using their very hot, flame-covered tongues, they burn through Durant's steel bodies and consume their insides."
    And Mandibuzz's: "Watching from the sky, they swoop to strike weakened Pokémon on the ground. They decorate themselves with bones."
    I'm sure the list goes on. :)

Well, those Pokemon do generally seem aggressive. Would a Pidove, or a Pansage or a Purrloin or a Lillipup do that? Probably not. Those seem like extremes, imo, and I'd like to think not all Pokemon do hurt each other. Plus Audino hides away and is hard to find, while humans actively hunt it. I doubt Pokemon would find them that delicious to do that. ;x

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Why feel bad about Audino when there are so much more innocent Pokémon we kill out in the wild? And why would you do that too, when that's the whole point to become a champion? You see Audino is simply helping us conquer the league in a quicker way, as well as many other Pokémon in the wild are doing! Audino is simply turning us all into lazy people which can become a bad habit, so that's all to blame Audino on!

It is not wrong at all to hurt Audino! It simply leads to success! n_n And we'll do whatever it takes to get there right? ;)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Audino is simply turning us all into lazy people which can become a bad habit, so that's all to blame Audino on!

Heard of a song by Lady Gaga? Yeah, Born This Way. Audino was born that way, it can't change that it is useful to defeat, but it DOES decide to heal opponents simply because it's a good Pokemon, the trainers however are the ones that should be blamed. They're the ones that go after the Pokemon, not the other way around. So in a way, trainers are making themselves lazier by taking the easy option than actually thinking "oh wait, maybe this Pokemon should be used for MORE than its exp" - in fact, moments like this make me wish Audino was good competitively so you could say at least it gets its revenge, but nope. :(

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Aww, I hadn't ever thought to that. Poor Audino, we should demonstrate, that's a shame, how can a trainer be that heartless (the trainer who may has K.O at least 500 Audino said)!? :pink_pissed:
    No, but seriously, it's a good topic. I think if Pokémon existed I wouldn't fight against Audino, they're so much kind ! But it depends on their reactions. Do they heal you because they're totally suicidal (or mad)? Or maybe because they really want to help you to level up your Pokémon the most healthily as possible? Or because they hate to battle and can't bear violence? I wonder.
    Anyway, as long as Audino stay in the game... I just pulverize them :pink_boogie:

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I've started feeling really bad when I started attacking Audino in Pokemon Rumble Blast because they are extremely helpful; especially when your Pokemon toy is about to faint. But anyways, I really don't think it is morally wrong because it is a Pokemon in the wild like the rest, the only difference is that this one helps us. It is not our faults as trainers that need EXP to level up for a Pokemon to keeps healing us.

:t354:TG

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I think it is not wrong to actually hurt Audino. He is just like all other wild Pokemon, except the fatc that he is forever doomed not to possess any ability to hurt us whatsoever.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Its not wrong at all. If its wrong, you wouldn't be even playing the Pokemon games.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Its not wrong at all. If its wrong, you wouldn't be even playing the Pokemon games.

This doesn't logically hold true. If you feel it's wrong to kill a Pokemon that consistently tries to heal you in battle instead of attacking, you wouldn't play any Pokemon game?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Its not wrong at all. If its wrong, you wouldn't be even playing the Pokemon games.

There are iicr 5 wild Pokémon that can have Heal Pulse, Slowpoke, Slowbro (at very high levels in Abundant Shrine), Chimecho, Audino and Alomomola. Out of all of these, the only ones that are people might battle are Audino and Alomomola (and even then, who actually seeks out Alomomola on a regular basis?) Delibird can heal 80HP with Present 20% of the time, but otherwise it does damage and Pain Split can heal, with Misdreavus, Duosion and Reuniclus using it in white only. All of which have a small chance of appearing/being at the level. So out of all the Pokémon that heal you in the wild, Audino is the only one that will commonly be doing it, and is searched out and attacked, despite it.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Aww, I hadn't ever thought to that. Poor Audino, we should demonstrate, that's a shame, how can a trainer be that heartless (the trainer who may has K.O at least 500 Audino said)!? :pink_pissed:
    No, but seriously, it's a good topic. I think if Pokémon existed I wouldn't fight against Audino, they're so much kind ! But it depends on their reactions. Do they heal you because they're totally suicidal (or mad)? Or maybe because they really want to help you to level up your Pokémon the most healthily as possible? Or because they hate to battle and can't bear violence? I wonder.
    Anyway, as long as Audino stay in the game... I just pulverize them :pink_boogie:

If pokemon were real, i would not knock out wild pokemon unless it was in self defense. If i did knock out a wild pokemon and it was small, id carry it to the pokemon center to get him revived. On topic, i dont think its wrong to hurt audino, i think its wrong to hunt for them in a spesific area while leaving all other pokemon alone. It doesnt seem fair.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Shouldn't it be wrong to kill any cute Pokemon too then?
    So you're saying non-cute (which is subjective too) Pokémon can just like die orrrrr what. What does it have to do with whether a Pokémon is cute?? That's just a bit weird.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Nintendo and GameFreak implemented Audino in the games for a reason! I use that reason just as we would any other wild Pokémon because honestly it's just one Pokémon amongst 400+! It's in the wild either meant to catch or kill, and I choose both because I had one on my team and it killed other Audino and she ENJOYED IT.

@Forever - Pixels aren't "born this way" they were made this way. ;) FOR A REASON.

Years
  • Yeah I think it's pretty bad lol. Attacking someone who doesn't fight back is generally pretty cruel, even by my standards. I'm just generalizing the situation.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It gives a ton of exp and in my eyes Audino isn't as cute as others. I still sometimes feel bad though!

Being cute shouldn't matter, the fact that it heals you matters.

Yeah I think it's pretty bad lol. Attacking someone who doesn't fight back is generally pretty cruel, even by my standards. I'm just generalizing the situation.

Thank you Drakow. :)

Nintendo and GameFreak implemented Audino in the games for a reason! I use that reason just as we would any other wild Pokémon because honestly it's just one Pokémon amongst 400+! It's in the wild either meant to catch or kill, and I choose both because I had one on my team and it killed other Audino and she ENJOYED IT.

@Forever - Pixels aren't "born this way" they were made this way. ;) FOR A REASON.

How do you know she enjoyed it? You can't really ask her.

Nah, why else would they give it such a cute look and the fact that most generally don't use their attacking moves FOR A REASON?

There are iicr 5 wild Pokémon that can have Heal Pulse, Slowpoke, Slowbro (at very high levels in Abundant Shrine), Chimecho, Audino and Alomomola. Out of all of these, the only ones that are people might battle are Audino and Alomomola (and even then, who actually seeks out Alomomola on a regular basis?) Delibird can heal 80HP with Present 20% of the time, but otherwise it does damage and Pain Split can heal, with Misdreavus, Duosion and Reuniclus using it in white only. All of which have a small chance of appearing/being at the level. So out of all the Pokémon that heal you in the wild, Audino is the only one that will commonly be doing it, and is searched out and attacked, despite it.

So very sad. :(

I think it is not wrong to actually hurt Audino. He is just like all other wild Pokemon, except the fatc that he is forever doomed not to possess any ability to hurt us whatsoever.

Aaand if you do that you're making it "more" doomed.

I've started feeling really bad when I started attacking Audino in Pokemon Rumble Blast because they are extremely helpful; especially when your Pokemon toy is about to faint. But anyways, I really don't think it is morally wrong because it is a Pokemon in the wild like the rest, the only difference is that this one helps us. It is not our faults as trainers that need EXP to level up for a Pokemon to keeps healing us.

There's other ways to get EXP and to heal yourself - think back to the older days of Pokemon, where you actually had to really EARN the title of Pokemon master (or at least had to put in lots of training that couldn't be easily grinded!)

Aww, I hadn't ever thought to that. Poor Audino, we should demonstrate, that's a shame, how can a trainer be that heartless (the trainer who may has K.O at least 500 Audino said)!? :pink_pissed:

Nah I don't think that's suicidal, but rather a good nature if anything. :x

Indeed, Audino can't talk. How do we know that it doesn't have the same motives? Or what its motives are, for that matter?

Innocent until proven otherwise - since we can't prove anything, you can assume that Audino has innocent motives/intentions. :)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    What's interesting is that low-level Audino do attack you - they use Double-Edge. However, at high levels I rarely see that, only Heal Pulse and Simple Beam mostly, with an occasional After You or Entrainment. We could obviously attribute this to the fact that they learn Double Edge so low level that by the time they're high level they've forgotten it, but if you disregard the game mechanics, it raises questions. Maybe the Audino have an instinct to fight that they don't learn to control until higher levels? Or maybe they become more Audino-like as they level...or less?

Back