• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
(Too be fair, Rama deserves it. At least Skye likes him. XD)

Skye sighed to himself, gently stroking Rama's head. He was out of sight from everyone and slumped by the edge of the deck. He was sure they couldn't see him. He coughed weakly and kept coughing, a bit of blood making its way up his throat. He sighed again, trying to cough up the rest. Honestly that sounded like a lot of effort. Thankfully it wasn't much and he pulled out a handkerchief to wipe his mouth. His throat must be hurting but he couldn't bring himself to imagine the sensation, like he used to try. Most of the time he tried to imagine the sensations he didn't have anymore, like cold or what fur felt like. But he couldn't do it right now. He was tired. Anger made him sleepy. Like...His head lolled and somehow, due to Pala being a weight on his chest and lap, he dozed off.

Rama laughed quietly at this then frowned when Ellie took this moment to pop out. She looked ticked. "I am not in the mood to be nagged," he told her quietly.

"Why was he upset? What did you do?" she demanded in a whisper, looking upset with her fur fluffed up (Hi female Van!)

"Why do you always assume it's me?" he asked her and she snorted.

"Rama, you're a wild Pokemon who takes joy in biting anybody who is not Skye and destroying the self-esteem of everyone who can understand you! I ask again: what did you do?"

"It wasn't even me this time," he protested, watching SKye to make sure he was still asleep.

"Bully," Pala stated from her apple. "Hurt Bri. Mean to Skye. Skye mad."

"Sums it up well. VOlca kicked his butt. SHould've just ki-" Ellie cut Rama off with a paw.

"There is an unblooded baby right next to us," she snarled softly. Rama snorted.

"Like you can talk, Miss. Was-Almost-Put-Down-By-The-Vet. How many people did you attack?"

"Shut up," Ellie growled and sighed. "Look, be better about this. You're the only one who can actually talk to Skye. His emotions affect us. Ours can affect him too." With that, she went back into her ball. Rama huffed and laid back down. Bossy brat.

Ciel walked around the ship. Chika was behind him again. Skye had looked sleepy for some reason. Bri was talking to someone else. That left Quin. Okay, Quin's ramblings scared him. People did that sometimes in Lavender Town, but it was surprising to have it happen, well, away from the tower. He had attacked a kid. Not cool but, okay, he himself had kicked a kid's teeth in. Self-defense. That fight with SKye had been odd. But Ciel was the definition of odd, so hey? Not just anybody had developing psychic powers. Well..., okay they did at home so not important. He still thought Quin had looked upset. He figured he should at least try to explain his own reaction, if not the others. They were supposedly self-explanatory, according to Mom.

Finally he found the room and peeked in. "Um... can I...um, talk to you...?"

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian

Bri looked a little shocked to see Snype crawl out of Mark's bag. What had he been doing in there? Bri shook his head. He could not figure ghost types out. They made no sense to him. He glanced over and saw that Skye had fallen asleep. He sat down in a deck chair and set his crutches down next to him.

"I'm glad she's alright," Bri said slowly. Duster nudged him on the head.

"Yeah, I bet you two had a wonderful time, all alone in the hospital room..." Duster said with a laugh, covering up the exasperated sigh that came from Mark's bag. Bri looked warily at Duster.

"Quit making fun of them," he scolded. She sat down on his shoulde rand kept laughing.

"What, those two love birds? Hah, good luck getting me to stop!" Duster said. Bri shook his head and placed her on his lap, pulling out the brush he had gotten yesterday. He began brushing out her fur and she became too distracted to care about laughing at Snype.

"So... uh... Mark. Do you know where we're going?" Bri asked finally.

Quin

"Look out, you got company," Zara warned. Quin tensed up when he saw the third boy from before. What did he want? He said he just wanted to talk and Quin relaxed. Zara snickered at him.

"Don't trust him. He's here to get revenge for you hurting his friends!" Zara said, trying to put doubt in his mind.

"Shut up Zara! You're not helping things!" Quin said. Zara cackled but fell silent. Quin looked up at the other boy. Hm... He looked a lot like the Dicius of Zar, which was the old name for Hoenn. The last Dicius to be precise. Had... Had Quin found him? The man that would one day be king? Nah... Couldn't be! The future king needed to be strong, confident. Not... Not this timid creature before him. That simply wasn't the prophecy! But... The Shield of Antioch wouldn't care. Those murderous traitors to the crown would kill anyone that even slightly resembled the future king.

"I guess so," Quin said, with his thoughts on his mind. Even if this guy wasn't the future king, they would be after him. And Quin owed it to him to look after him, because of what he had done. That, and he had sworn long ago to be a Knight of Valor. To defend anyone who needed it. Well, that worked out just fine for him. That's what the symbols on his shirt and ring meant. He scooted aside to make room on the bed. Zara cackled at him, and he shook his head.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Ciel

The dark boy managed a small smile. It felt odd. Ciel wasn't good with humans. Okay, honestly, he was terrible. The ghosts were easier to talk to, and that was probably because they were dead. "It's okay," he said softly, almost looking Quin in the eye, almost. "I... My reaction wasn't your fault. Humans, they... they are...' He looked down. Okay the guy would think he was nuts. And that was saying something. "Humans are scary," he finally admitted. There, he said it. Jeez that felt odd. "Their emotions, their ways, they, humans scare me a lot." He didn't sit down. He was starting to feel scared again. Chika floated next to him and crooned in his ear. He tried to smile at his Pokemon but it felt like he was going to cry.

"See?" he said softly after he was sure he could calm down, rubbing the shoulder of his Suicune jacket. "I'm bad at this...I just figured... I would tell you... You don't need to feel bad... I've probably done worse than what happened earlier." He wasn't sure he should mention his abilities. He'd probably make Quin leave the room or something.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Snype

Snype turned red at Dusters mention of the two of them in the hospital room. "Hey we just had a long conversation for the most part. She was happy to see me so I'm happy for that." Snype said to Duster. Boy she was really going all out teasing the two of them like this. At least Thyme was well hidden. Mark felt like exploring the boat himself a little later. Question is... where was Val? Well she had a charizard so she would be able to catch up either way.

Mark

"Not sure where we're going... I hope its at least a fun trip. The teachers should be telling us fairly soon hopefully." Mark replied.

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
Brian

"Yeah, I hope so," Bri said as he brushed Duster. She shook her coat a few times when he was done and she sat down in his lap, curling up for a nap.

"Anyways, MArk, what happened when she went with you and Vince? Seriously? She came back all wet and her fur was sticking up on her head and everything," Bri said. He was casting around for any subject other than his humiliating experience with Quin. He really didn't want to talk about it. Not one bit.

Quincy

"Ask him about his powers," Zara said. Quin rolled his eyes.

"Shut up Zara! I am not going to say that! And don't worry. I won't hurt any of you ever again," Quin promised. He didn't bother to wonder if Ciel had powers. Of course he did! Everyone that was potentially the Dicius had some kind of power. Quin didn't want to put the boy on edge. Normally they didn't show up, ever.

"I will. Every chance I get. And there's nothing you can do to stop me," Zara said to contridict what Quin had just said.

"Yes, I know you will! You don't have to remind me every chance you get!" Quin said. He shook his head. He turned to the other boy.

"Don't worry. I'm pretty bad at talking to normal people too. You never know when Big Brother may be listening. They're always listening," Quin said as he looked covertly around. Zara snickered again.

"Way to make him think you're nuts Quin," Zara said.

"Shut up Zara. He already thinks I'm nuts. Nothing else I can say will make that any different," Quin said. He knew everyone thought he was nuts. He knew he was nuts. How could he not be after what he's been through?

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Ciel tilted his head at Quin "They are," he stated softly. "The angels are everywhere." HE stated this without fear of ridicule. Everybody at home saw the angels. They were in his class. Some weren't nice but they knew to behave themselves around others, sometimes. Then Miranda hurt them. It hurt to think about Miranda. He probably needed to stop. He cast around to look at adistraction and the bed Quin was sitting on lifted from the ground. Ciel saw it,paled, and set it back down quickly. THen he looked down at his feet again.

Great he had just totally screwed this up. Skye had been slightly easier. The kid had felt different, naturally at ease. And Bri was trying to be nice, but he seemed... so... hyper... Ciel looked away from Quin. He was shaking all over. He hadn't tried to do that. The principal told him not to reveal his powers. Great...

Megaman765

Years
Mark

Mark scratched his head. "Duster? Well... she had the need to fix Valorie's hat. It was all covered in gunk and she got a bunch of slime on her tail. She decided to go into some snow to wash herself off. Nothing too bad but she was pretty mad at me. Heh." Mark said. The boat was sure big, well if it could hold the academy then it was expected to be pretty huge. He tried his best not to eye his bag to cause suspicion.

Snype

Snype gave off a large smile and simply spectated the conversation. He wondered if Thyme was doing alright. Hopefully Mark would cut things short and give her a chance to get out of there. It wasn't exactly comfy in there.

Nideous

Years
Quincy

Quin was about to say something about the angels, but was stopped by Ciel using his magic powers to lift the bed. At least, he hoped it was Ciel. He hoped that the aliens hadn't come back for him. Though, from the way he was acting, it had definately been Ciel. Zara laughed loudly. Not his usual evil laugh, but a very happy one. It was a refreshing change. Quin smiled at Ciel.

"Been doing that long?" Quin asked as if that happened to him every day. Because in his mind, it kind of did.

Brian

"Oh, don't worry about Duster. If her fur is ruffled then she's mad at everyone. She almost got into a fight with Rama, Skye's Zorua. But thankfully she didn't. I've had enough fighting for one day," Bri said. He thought he heard something from Mark's bag, but he decided he was imagining things. After all, how could a bag gasp in shock? He pet Duster a little more while she slept. He sat back in the deck chair. That's how he was going to spend his trip for now. Right here resting.

Megaman765

Years
Mark

"Hmm... hey Bri, we're gonna explore around the boat and see if we can't find anybody else. I'll see you before we get off the boat Bri!" Mark said happily. He mostly wanted to get out of there so Thyme could get some air. The students probobly had rooms around the boat that they could hang out in. Marked walked to the inside area of the boat. The students surely should have been assigned rooms. It might end up being a long trip after all... then again it was only a field trip. Mark found himself in an empty guest room. This would be a good place to let Thyme out...

"Alright Thyme. You can come out now." Mark said.

Snype

Snype peaked his opened up the bag and peaked his head inside of the bag. "Coast is clear Thyme!" Snype said giving off his large smile.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Ciel

Ciel nodded silently, trying to remember. "Always," he said simply, looking back up. "I stayed mostly in the forest at home. Only three people in my life, always with me, my only contact with your world as a little kid." He said your by accident. He was out of place with people, completely out of place with people. "My powers, they were from my mother's bloodline. She taught me everything she could when we moved. It's easy now." He stated these words matter-of-factly.

Skye

Skye awoke quietly, staring blankly at the wood on the deck. Pala was snoozing as Rama peered up at him. "Okay there Skye?" Skye nodded once, resting his head on his knees. "Don't tell me you're seasick."

"Scruh-hew. You," the boy replied with a snicker, causing Rama to laugh.

"Yeah, you're cool." Ellie popped out, examined her trainer once, then padded off to go bother Bri.

"Hi Bri," she said when she arrived. "Skye is being antisocial. Do you want me to bring him?"

Nideous

Years
Brian

Bri nodded at Mark.

"Later man! I'll see ya befor ewe get off this thing!" Bri said. He returned to lounging in his deck chair. He pet Duster, who opened one eye slowly. She didn't say anything, which caused Bri to be mildly shocked when Ellie showed up.

"Wah? Bring him where?" Bri said, being a little too literal. He scratched his head. Duster yawned and looked at Ellie.

"So long as Mr. Stick-up-his-tail over there has cooled off a little. I really don't feel like fighting right now. I just want to rest," Duster said as she yawned lazily and curled back up, her eyes half closed. She couldn't help it. They hadn't even left yet and she already wanted to sleep out in the sun.

Quincy

Quin smiled and nodded. Of course, he already knew powers like those were passed on through bloodlines. Unless they were the result of some top secret experiments, be it by the government to create super soldiers or by aliens just because. That brought his mind to something else. The line of the Dicius had powers. That was certainly possible that they had survived for the thousands of years. And they could be sitting, well, standing right here in front of him! He was about to speak up when a kid with a sableye and a bag that moved walked past. He got up and looked outside, but couldn't see anyone. He sat back down again after closing the door ever so slightly. Was it possible? The signs were definately there.

"Moved from where?" Quin asked. He kept his voice quieter this time. He was on guard now. He didn't want anyone to know that didn't need to. And there were spies from everywhere, all over the place.

Thyme

Thyme pulled herself out and onto the bed. She looked around and laughed.

"This is the same room Brian and I came in!" she said. She looked around, but there were no more of those candies around. That was a shame. They had been good. What were they called? Pokeblock? Something like that. She looked around but made no mention of the fact that several times she had been unable to keep quiet. Poor Brian. He hadn't even known she was there.

"So, Snype, Mark, now what?" Thyme asked. She sat down on the bed and waited for an answer.

Megaman765

Years
Mark

Mark looked at both Thyme and Snype and pondered. "Hmm... well... maybe you two could go around the ship and hang out? I mean, as long as you don't run into Bri you'll be fine. He's probobly snoozing out on the deck so if you two wanna hang out together, I won't stop you. I'm mostly waiting for somebody to get to the boat..." Mark said.

Snype

Snype gave off a large grin and jumped up onto the bed next to Thyme. "Kehehe, He's just waiting for Valorie so that he can hang out with her a little more. We'll let them be by theirselves when she does arrive. Me and Mark too a different boat so we don't know our way around here. Know any interesting places around the boat Thyme?" Snype asked He was excited to actually hang out with Thyme, though he had quite a responsibility keeping her from getting harmed and such. He felt he could take care of it.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
MacKenzie's Post

MacKenzie suddenly made a dash after the girl who'd just beaten Selene. She was subtly trying to get Selene to watch. She inadvertently nearly knocked a guy over by bumping into him during this. He just sort of made an irritated expression before going on his way. Meanwhile, a male suicune student seemed to be watching MacKenzie, perhaps interested in what she was up to.

MacKenzie: "Hey!"

The female student suddenly had an oddly dressed hipster move in front of her. Her expression furrowed and she became frustrated.

Female Suicune Student: "What do you want? I'm in a rush, can't you see?"

MacKenzie placed her hands on her hips. It was time to get in character. MacKenzie's expression became a bit dismissive, as if this was a waste of her time. What was that all about?

MacKenzie: "Oh, I just wanted to challenge you to a battle."

She passed it off casually.

Female Suicune Student: "You? You're like, not even in Suicune Dorm. What's with that fashion statement?"

MacKenzie grinned. Manipulating this situation was way too easy.

MacKenzie: "Well... if you're /scared/... I could always just give you fashion tips instead!~"

The female suicune student looked a bit repulsed. Fashion tips, from MacKenzie?

Female Suicune Student: "I'd get better advice from asking bums off the street!'

She then paused

Female Suicune Student: "...You're lucky I need to heal my pokemon, or I'd--"

Mackenzie abruptly pulled out a full restore. Where had she gotten that?!

MacKenzie: "That's okay! I'll heal them for you!"

The suicune student seemed confused. Was MacKenzie mocking her? MacKenzie developed a bit of a sneer of an expression. The Suicune student scowled, snatching the full restore from MacKenzie. She then gave MacKenzie a skeptical look.

MacKenzie: "Go on, I'm waiting~"

The suicune student just sort of had this look of resentment on her face. MacKenzie was really getting on her nerves.

Female Suicune Student: "Fine, but don't come crying to me when I /beat/ you."

She said this as she was restoring her pokemon to fighting fit.

After a few moments, the girl sent out her Golem to start with this time. Observing this, MacKenzie grabbed one of her pokeballs and sent out Aile, her dunsparce. This was going to be hard. MacKenzie was in Raikou dorm for a /reason/. She was /not/ as good a trainer as many of the suicune dorm students. She would have to use a lot of strategy if she wanted to win.

Golem was ordered to use Rollout, and so it did, curling into itself and rolling towards Aile. MacKenzie knew it wouldn't be all that strong the first time around. Yet, Golem was still a much stronger pokemon overall. MacKenzie didn't have time to waste.

"Aile, yawn!"

Aile sucked in a breath and slowly let it out, yawning out loud... just before getting rammed into by a rolling Golem. The attack hurt, but Golem hadn't really gotten into it's groove with rollout. It would need to make another pass or two before it became truly dangerous. Therefore, Aile managed to shake it off.

"Now, dig!"

As Golem came back around for a second run, Aile dug under the ground, dodging the attack. Golem stopped after a moment and looked around, trying to find Aile. Yet... Aile was nowhere in sight. After a short time his eyes drifted closed and Golem collapsed, asleep. Right then Aile burst forth from the ground, slamming into Golem and knocking it into the air. Golem came crashing down. Not down, but even that hadn't been enough to wake it from it's artificially induced sleep.

"Again!"

The Suicune dorm student became irritated, raising her voice as she encouraged Golem to get up and defend itself. Yet, it was no use. Golem was out cold. Aile dug underneath the ground again, this time staying close to the surface as she didn't need to worry about hiding. She then burst out and slammed into Golem from below. Once again, Golem flew into the air and came crashing down. Yet, this time it woke up. Golem was hurt pretty badly, but not quite fainted. It stood up and was promptly ordered to... self-destruct. MacKenzie's eyes widened. Aww hell. The explosion sent a shockwave out that knocked MacKenzie on her rear, though she managed to catch herself with her hands so as not to hit her head. She had been taken by surprise by the tactic. She didn't think someone so full of themselves would be into that sort of thing. Regardless, Aile lay on the ground, fainted. She returned her and stared at Aile's pokeball for a moment. They'd almost won, but no dice. Now it was Beest's turn! MacKenzie tossed out Beest, who promptly started imitating moves straight out of a kung-fu movie. She never got tired of that. Acting as if being knocked on her backside was no big deal, MacKenzie folded he arms over her knees and just sat there to watch. Every little thing she did was subtly designed to aggravate the student, and she did it with such ease it seemed natural. Not everyone could be that good of a pest.

The suicune dorm student just sort of stared. What was she watching? She had never seen a Beedrill stand on it's legs before, let alone practice kung-fu. This was absurd! So absurd it was somehow insulting! She promptly sent out her Garchomp, ordering it to use Dragon Rush. How fitting. Beest took to the air, flying well out of Garchomp's reach.

"Show him what you're made of, Beest."

The suicune dorm student /glared/ at MacKenzie, expression hateful. That name. It was a pun. She was tempted to remark how dumb it was, but all she really wanted to do was beat the pest hard. That would show her. Then she noticed what was happening. Beest was flying just out of reach of Garchomp, who was confined to the ground and did not know many long range attacks. She had modeled her Garchomp after many others who had been used competitively across the world... and she was now watching it get juked and danced around whilst being stung by an annoying bug. It was Beest's Fury Attack. It took a whole lot of hits to wear Garchomp down. Beest wasn't that strong. Yet, after a while it looked like Garchomp was tiring.

"Now, finish it with your acrobatics."

Beedrill suddenly came down at Garchomp, doing a barrel roll for no apparent reason other than to anticipate and dodge a counter attack which never came. It got in close and proceeded to strike Garchomp several times with it's stingers and even it's legs. The attack was very powerful, and even Garchomp felt the pain this time, whereby before she had merely been widdling Garchomp down with attacks that barely phased the pokemon. Garchomp stumbled back, dazed and about to topple over. Apparently MacKenzie had underestimated Garchomp a bit, and it still had a bit of fight in it. The worst part was that Beest's attack had left it more vulnerable than usual. Garchomp moved in and struck Beest with a powerful Dragon Rush attack, a blue aura soaring around it's body as it crashed into Beest, sending Beest flying. One hit was all it took, and Beest was down.

"Alright... I guess I'll have to /try/ now."

MacKenzie was of course just being a punk. She was already trying. Yet, she was losing. This was a tough battle. Regardless, she hadn't pulled out her best cards yet.

"Go, Peinture!"

MacKenzie stood up. It was time to really show off. Garchomp turned, ready to attack. It was obviously the stronger, faster pokemon.

"Peinture, Extremespeed!"

Suddenly, Peinture ran forward, quickly accelerating to absurd speeds that the human eye would have difficulty seeing. Garchomp had no time to react, and was struck by a charging Smeargle. Garchomp went down. They were now tied. The suicune dorm girl sent out her Victreebel, which was promptly ordered to use Razor Leaf.

"Peinture, show her how we deal!"

Peinture focused it's power as the razor leaves closed in. Suddenly, the area around Peinture /errupted/ in a collumn of fire. Such a display was so grand that not even the most powerful fire pokemon in the area could hope to mimic it. That was because it was Sacred Fire. Several students became terrified at the display, never having seen such an ominous fire attack before. The flames licked at MacKenzie's clothes. Anyone at the pier would be able to /feel/ the temperature rise slightly depending on how far they were away. The razor leaves burned to ash in mid flight, and the flames visually consumed Victreebel. When they cleared, Victreebel was down and pretty badly burnt to boot.

The suicune dorm student just sort of allowed her jaw to drop a bit. What had /just/ happened?! She felt humiliated as MacKenzie stood there, smiling at her. MacKenzie then promptly did the most cheesy thing imaginable by raising a finger, sticking her tongue out and placing said finger on her tongue, and then promptly placing said finger on her hip before imitating a sizzling sound. The suicune dorm student was... unimpressed. Angered, yes, but also extremely unimpressed. Several insults came to mind, including asking her what movie she'd stolen that move from, but she opted to instead make a rude hand gesture. Yet, this only seemed to make MacKenzie chuckle.

In truth, MacKenzie honestly hadn't expected the attack to take Victreebel down in one hit. It was a very powerful attack, but Peinture was not a very powerful pokemon. She had given Peinture the attacks she had to compensate for said weaknesses. She figured she must've taken Victreebel by surprise and scored a rather critical hit. She silently noted that she was good at surprising people.

The suicune dorm student sent out Haunter, her last pokemon. MacKenzie thought about her attack choice for a moment.

"Volt Tackle."

Peinture started charging again, not quite as fast as when he had been using extremespeed. This time electricity started to spark across his body, however. Yet... as he charged, Haunter vanished into thin air! MacKenzie silently mentally facepalmed for not remembering this girl's haunter did that. Haunter re-appeared behind Peinture as he charged and promptly launched a shadow ball into his back. Peinture went skidding across the ground, fainted. Damn. He hadn't had the defenses to stand up to a nice, solid, fairly powerful attack like that.

Female Suicune Student: "Was that it??"

MacKenzie: "Nope."

MacKenzie send out Limpet, her Remoraid. If anyone could hit a dodgy pokemon, it was Limpet.

"Alright Limpet. Lock-on and use Psybeam."

Limpet focused in on Haunter. Now, Remoraid were born with naturally great aim. They were known for casually shooting other pokemon, primarily bug pokemon, out of the air with their water gun attacks. Haunted abruptly vanished. Limpet froze up. It couldn't lock on to something that wasn't there. It started looking around, waiting for Haunter to re-appear. It didn't take long. Haunter appeared behind Limpet, only to have Limpet turn and fire a Psybeam into it. Haunter experienced deja vu and writhed in the air a bit before promptly striking Limpet with a shadow ball.

Limpet was sent flying back. He seemed pretty hurt. Yet, he was still in fighting condition. It occured to MacKenzie that it didn't like Limpet would last long enough to get enough hits in to defeat Haunter.

"Alright, this time use Sunny Day!"

Limpet really didn't seem to be doing much, and yet the sun became more intense. Considering Limpet was a water pokemon this might not immediately make sense. Haunter promptly hit Limpet with another shadow ball, causing him to faint. Now it was time for her to reveal why she'd done that.

"Go, Mew!"

A couple of students turned there heads, interested. The suicune dorm student blanked. Mew? MacKenzie couldn't have caught /the/ Mew, could she? Of course not. Out of the pokeball came a Tangela. The suicune dorm student scoffed and ordered her Haunter to use Hypnosis. Yet, Mew merely covered his eyes with his vines.

"Leech Seed."

Several seeds were launched like projectiles out of the thickness of Mew's vines. They landed on Haunter and promptly rooted the poor ghost pokemon. Haunter tried to shake them off, but it was no use. They began sapping Haunter's health. The suicune dorm student responded by ordering her haunter to use shadow ball. The attack scored a hit, and Mew was hurt. Mew was not however down yet.

"Now, Sleep Powder."

Mew seemed to breath out a cloud of a green airborn substance at haunter. Haunter tried to turn, but it was blown into Haunter, who coughed a couple of times before going limp in the air. Oddly enough, Haunter was still floating whilst sleeping. How weird. Ghost pokemon, go figure.

"Pain split."

The suicune student watched in dismay as Tangela ran up and latched onto Haunter, channeling energy between them so that it flowed freely, causing the weaker of the two, in this case Mew, to be healed somewhat and Haunter to be hurt. This was because their combined energy was spread evenly across them. Meanwhile, Haunter was fast asleep.

"Now, Synthesis."

Mew seemed to glow white, absorbing the energy from the intense sun and using it to fully heal herself. The tables were not turned far in her favor.

"Now, leaf storm! Don't let up!"

Mew proceeded to whip up a storm of sharp leaves, sending them flying into Haunter. Haunter woke up at some point during the attack and tried to get to a vantage it could attack back without being bombarded like this, but failed and fainted.

Valorie's Post

Valorie was looking around when she spotted Mark. Before she could go say hi however, she heard the sudden crackling of fire and turned to watch MacKenzie's Peinture using Sacred Fire on a Victreebel. Woah! It was like watching a volcano made out of fire spew /more fire/ up into the air. That was a lot of fire. Since when had that weirdo been strong? Her Charizard couldn't generate anywhere near that much fire. Valorie felt compelled to watch the battle, which had captured her interest, only to watch MacKenzie pull the licking the finger and sizzling sound no-liner that Valorie was pretty sure she'd seen in a movie somewhere. She just sort of narrowed her eyes. That was... incredibly lame. Like, wow. That girl seriously did /not/ care what others thought of her. That or she was a class clown. Perhaps the latter. Who was she to say? She didn't know MacKenzie well enough. All she knew was MacKenzie was kinda unnerving.

Mackenzie's Post

The Suicune Dorm student let out a sort of scream of frustration. All of MacKenzie's obnoxious behavior had really gotten under her skin. She then promptly lunged for MacKenzie as if she was going to throttle her herself... only to be stopped by the boy who'd been watching her earlier. She seemed surprised, and made a face at him, not happy at him having intervened.

Male Suicune Student: "Wait. Let me handle this punk. If you hit her the teachers'll never let you hear the end of it."

The girl suicune student seemed to reluctantly accept this, coming back to her senses. She then ran off for the pokemon center, glaring at MacKenzie over her shoulder.

MacKenzie: "Heeey... Don't I get a chance to heal?"

Male Suicune Student: "No."

MacKenzie frowned. What a smart aleck. Perhaps she would take him up on his offer anyway. She still had two of her three most powerful pokemon up. Yet, the idea still seemed crazy. He probably had at /least/ four pokemon. Yet, crazy was one of her many, many middle names.

MacKenzie: "Gentlemen first?"

She was of course pretending that he was nice. This caused confusion, as the male suicune student hadn't been trying to be nice at all. Was she mocking him? Was she nuts? He sent out a Sawk, which took a combat stance. MacKenzie promptly directed Mew to the Sawk. the battle was basically a direct repeat of the one with Haunter. Mew started off with Leech Seed, managed to take an attack without fainting, managed to hit Sawk with sleep powder, and then followed up by using pain split, synthesis, and leaf storm. Sawk was down. The male suicune student made a face. and MacKenzie pretended to be bored. He then promptly sent out a Charmeleon, which promptly struck Mew with a flamethrower, KOing him in one hit.

Well, she guessed she should've seen that coming. Well, one pokemon left. She better make this one count. There was hope, however. She was facing a boy!

"Go, Melody!"

A jigglypuff came out of MacKenzie's last ball, uttering it's cry in a sing-song tone. Charmeleon winced, attempting to cover his ears in anticipation of a Jigglypuff's singing. This would've worked had that been MacKenzie's plan. Boys had a slight tendency to lean towards male pokemon. Not to mention female charmanders were somewhat rare statistically to begin with. She could only hope he happened to fit into that norm.

"Now, attract."

Jigglypuff took a rather flirty pose, batting her eyes at Charmeleon. As she batted her eyes a pink, sparkling translucent heart floated out, homing in on Charmeleon and smacking him in the face. Only it was not solid, so it simply vanished into him. Charmeleon's jaw suddenly dropped. He was infatuated. Melody, them used Charm, further flurting with the Charmeleon who was beginning to break out in a sweat. She beckoned him forward, and so he approached her even to the orders from his trainer to stop and attack. It was hopeless. When Charmeleon reached Melody she abruptly started casually winding up for a niiice big focus punch. She was even still smiling cheerily as she did it. That poor Charmeleon got a focus punch to the gut and just sort of went flying backwards, rolling across the ground a couple of times and clutching his gut. Ow.

MacKenzie smiled at the suicune dorm student, crossing her arms and waiting. The male suicune dorm student just sort of stared at her, half unable to believe what she was pulling.

After a moment he sent out his next pokemon, a seadra. MacKenzie's smile widened. It didn't seem like he had any real counter for Melody. Otherwise he would've used it. Namely, this seadra was also a boy. Hah. She immediately ordered Melody to use attract again, and the battle was basically a direct repeat of the last one. This time Melody had Seadra lean in real close before focus punching it in the face. Meanwhile, the sight of this display was probably causing cynical students nearby to angst over the implications.

Cue anime sweat drop from the suicune dorm boy. He narrowed his eyes and sent out his last pokemon, feeling pretty screwed. His last pokemon was a male pupitar. Melody used attract, infatuating the pupitar. She then charmed him, asking him to come close. Rather different from last time, this time she leaned in and placed a kiss directly on the closest thing Pupitar had to a cheek. It was Sweet Kiss. Now, normally sweet kiss was a move used to confuse people, but while under attract this sort of failed. Both MacKenizie and the Suicune Dorm Student made anime sweatdops at this. Pupitar was a very happy pokemon, needless to say. That is, until a focus punch sent him soaring through the air. That tended to be what happened to pokemon on the lighter side of the weight scale.

Male Suicune Student: "Ugh! That is-- You're such--! I don't even--!"

The student couldn't figure out what to say. He was so angry at how badly that strategy had crushed him and yet, it had been a powerful strategy. He'd lost fair and square.

Meanwhile, MacKenzie motioned for Melody to come and Melody jumped up into her arms. MacKenzie then stared at the boy with this weird look in her eyes. The boy gave her a skeptical look in return. That look looked almost... flirtatious. What. Abruptly Melody used attract! The boy only had a moment to freak out before the pink heart vanished into him. Normally, a pokemon would have a pretty hard time attracting a human. However, in some cases a pokemon could potentially make a person attracted to their trainer. This was one of those cases. The boy's attention was drawn to Melody, but MacKenzie was right there with Melody, and so she shared the stage, so to speak. The result was that MacKenzie had a student attracted to the image of her holding Melody.

Suicune Dorm Student: "A-Ah..."

MacKenzie: "Now, any more objections to our battle?~"

Suicune Dorm Student: "...Yeeees."

Suddenly, he seemed to snap out of it.

Suicune Dorm Student: "You're /scum/!"

And yet, after he said he seemed to become overpowered by the infatuation again. MacKenzie blanked before becoming annoyed.

MacKenzie: "Yeah well, you can kiss my butt."

Perhaps MacKenzie hadn't thought that through. Perhaps she believed he obviously had enough willpower to resist that order if he'd had enough to break the trance before. Yet, for whatever reason that hilariously failed and the suicune student did exactly as she had asked. MacKenzie was momentarily taken by surprise when he approached, but just sort of looked off into the distance and crossed her arms, smiling awkwardly, as if it was all part of her plan. Yet, her composure was lost, the awkwardness bleeding through her smile slightly. That was of course one of the first times she'd ever lost her composure in front of others at the school. She wasn't perfect at what she did.

After a moment of concentrated awkward the suicune student abruptly seemed to regain control of himself and freaked the heck out, letting go and shoving MacKenzie, making a sound all like 'Bleck!' before fleeing into the building as if for his life. MacKenzie just sort of stumbled and rubbed her back where she'd been shoved sorely before looking around at the other students who had gathered, many of which were... impressed, to say the least. Some had stopped paying attention though.

Valorie's Post

Valorie watched as that weird girl dispatched not just one but two suicune dorm students. She herself had lost to four within moments. Yet, watching this didn't make her feel any better about herself.

All of a sudden, she was using attract on the male of the two suicune dorm students. Valorie just sort of did a double take. You could /do/ that? Then the scene that followed made her flush pink in the cheeks. Her mental response could pretty much be summed up as 'Wow, just wow...'. Weird girl was incredibly weird.

She turned away and looked for Mark again.

smeargleicon.png
Peinture ♂ Lv. 29 (Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, Extremespeed, Volt Tackle, Haze, Taunt)
tangelaicon.png
Mew ♂ Lv. 28 (Sunny Day, Sleep Powder, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Pain Split, Leaf Storm)
jigglypufficon.png
Melody ♀ Lv. 29 (Sing, Perish Song, Attract, Charm, Sweet Kiss, Focus Punch)
remoraidicon.png
Limpet ♂ Lv. 22 (Water Gun, Lock-On, Psybeam, Sunny Day)
dunsparceicon.png
Aile ♀ Lv. 21 (Headbutt, Rage, Defense Curl, Dig, Yawn, Sunny Day)
beedrillicon.png
Beest ♀ Lv. 18 (Fury Attack, Protect, Acrobatics, Harden, Poison Sting)

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Skye

"I think you better get used to him being like that," Ellie replied darkly. "He hasn't changed in years."

"Who hasn't changed?" Rama drawled as he walked over with Skye, who looked muddled from sleep. The boy plopped down next to Bri while Rama raised an eyebrow at Ellie. "If we're talking about you, Miss Homicidal, then that's a fact."

"Shut up," she sneered. "We were insulting you."

"Good," he replied cheerfully. "Someone doesn't have to be nice. At least you'll expect it from me."

"You're a bad influence," she told him emotionlessly. Rama snorted.

"Like any of the others are much better." Ellie snorted and said nothing.

Ciel

Ciel tried to recall. "Mum was originally from Lavender Town. We were in Viridian for a while until she took me back home. But her family moved from...Verdanturf years ago. I don't know when." She glanced at Quin. Why was this important? He wasn't important but as a piece in the world's puzzle. There was nothing particularly useful about him? Was there? He stard patiently at Bri, waiting.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

"No, sorry. Brian and I stayed in the room where he slept and I ate the candy. Anyway, let's get out of here before he starts acting like you do under Attract!" Thyme said with a smirk on her face. She leapt off the bed onto the carpeted floor. She walked toward the exit of the room and stopped. She turned to Snype. She knew that Mark wouldn't be able to hear her.

"Hey, maybe we can go find something interesting to do. What do you say?" she said. She shyly and hesitantly reached out for Snype's hand. She kind of froze in midair, before deciding better of it and slowly letting her hand fall, an odd expression on her face the entire time.

Brian

"Oh, please. I'm the perfect role model!" Duster said. She yawned grandly and put her head back down. Bri raised his eyebrows at her.

"Depends on the role you want to play there Duster. Bouncy! Come on out!" Bri said sleepily. Bouncy came out of her pokeball happily. She leapt into Bri's lap, sending a very irritated Duster scampering to the ground with Rama and Ellie. She frowned at Bri. She had just gotten comfy too. Bri ignored her and focused on Bouncy. He liked her to be out as often as he could. That way she could learn a lot.

"Buff! Igglybuff!" she said. She wanted to play with someone. Anyone. She didn't care who!

Quin

Quin looked covertly around again. He stood up and walked to the door and looked outside of it.

"You may want to sit down for what I'm about to tell you," Quin said seriously. He closed the door, but that wasn't good enough. He called out Logana. She looked around the room with a passing glance.

"Veno Nat!" she said happily as she rubbed against Ciel's leg.

"Logana, please scan the room for WTs, STTs, PRs. The works. You know what to look for," Quin said. Logana gave him an odd look and did as he asked. She resumed rubbing happily against Ciel when she was satisfied. Quin waited a moment before speaking.

"What I'm about to tell you will sound crazy. Trust me, it really does. But, I suspect it's the truth. You, unless you have a brother or sister, are the last of an ancient bloodline. The line of the Dicius of Zar, err, Hoenn. The king's line. The bloodline was presumed lost in the plague of 980, but a small group remained. I believe you are descended from that bloodline. Because of your special abilities, and because you bear a striking resemblance to Tyopiday, the last Dicius of Zar. Err, Hoenn, as it is called today," Quin said. Zara howled with laughter in his mind. Quin ignored him. He waited a moment to let this sink in.

"Now, as if that weren't enough, there's more. It was prophecied that the last of the bloodline, that's you, would save the world from a grave fate. What that fate is, I'm not quite sure. But you will. There's even more than that though. A group known as the Shield of Antioch is trying to kill you and prevent the prophecy from coming true. They've had a hand in many other things, all in an attempt to find you. They've backed Team Rocket, Team Galactic, Team Magma and Team Aqua! All trying to silence you," Quin said. He sat down on the floor and took off his ring. He tossed it to Ciel.

"That's a symbol for my group. The Knights of Valor! Stupid name, I know. I'm a member of the lowest order. We are spread all around the world. We try to keep things running smoothly. All over the place, Knights like myself have been fighting the evil teams. Show that ring to someone with the same emblem, and you will always have a safe place to go. And don't worry. I can petion the knights and have another one sent to me in a few days," Quin said. He smiled at Ciel from where he was sitting and waited for aeverything he had said to sink in. It wouldn't be long now.

Megaman765

Years
Mark

Mark walked out of the door with his bag and wandered around the ship looking for Valorie. On the way he caught the odd sight of somebody kissing that weird girl's butt... what in the heck was going on? He decided to muster all of his strength to ignore this little scene... The good news was that he found Valorie!

"Val! Over here!" He called out as he ran toward her. "Hiya Val!"

Snype

"Kehehe, Yeah. We'll let Mark by himself for awhile. Hmm... something interesting to do eh? Well, whatever you wanna do I'm up for it! Let's explore the ship!" Snype exclaimed happily. He turned to Thyme and noticed her expression. He wasn't sure what to make of it exactly but Snype at least hoped Thyme was happy here and not in a bed. He wandered how many thoughts were exactly flowing through her mind right now.

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie heard Mark before she saw him. If Mark observed her closely there were tear stains on her cheeks. Yet, those were subtle. She did seem happy to see him, smiling lightly. She wasn't wearing her beanie, and her hair was allowed to flow freely just as it had before. Except now she was back to wearing a skirt, was the main difference. Her tone was ever so slightly emotionally weak, but this too was subtle. She was trying her best to stave off the feeling of worthlessness with all the power she had. It was mostly but not completely succesfull.

"Hey Mark..! Did you..?"

She motioned in the general direction MacKenzie had been. She was of course asking him if he'd seen the weird stuff going on over there. Perhaps it was stereotypical, but she was totally inviting him to gossip with her. On the other hand, perhaps Mark would have something more important to talk about. Y'know, like why she'd been crying. That was of course assuming he noticed anything.

Megaman765

Years
"Yeah I noticed. Heh. I sure came in at an odd time eh?" Mark joked. He noticed that there were tear stains on Valorie's cheeks. He couldn't resist asking her about it. "Hey did something happen when we seperated Val? Couldn't help but notice the tear stains... did somebody do something to upset you?" Mark asked, concerned for her.

Um... well... that is... if your alright with talking about it with me." Mark continued.

Dawn

Years
Valorie's Post

Valorie was about to make another comment. Something along the lines of MacKenzie being really dang weird. Yet, then Mark brought up the tear stains. She seemed surprised. She had tear stains? She hadn't realized it. She supposed she was caught. She looked down, slightly frustrated and a bit depressed, raising a hand to her cheek as if she would be able to feel the tear stains herself. After a moment she discovered that she really couldn't.

"Well, I..."

She looked around as if to check if anyone was watching. There were of course other students around. She didn't feel comfortable around them.

"...Maybe in private..."

Her tone kind of seemed a bit down, now that she knew Mark wasn't fooled by her trying not to let him know something was bothering her. She wasn't sure what private meant. Perhaps a room somewhere, or perhaps there was a bathroom on board, or /whatever/.

Megaman765

Years
"...Alright. Here let's go inside. We can talk there." Mark said. He placed a hand on her shoulder as a sign of comfort and walked with her inside of the boat. Everybody was outside so the indoor part of the boat was rather quiet. They would get enough privacy there. Perhaps the guest room he was in before would work nicely as well. Snype and Thyme were probobly wandering around so it would be a nice and quiet place to discuss stuff.

When Mark reached the guest room he sat on the bed turned to Valorie. "So what's up Val?" Mark asked, leaving room so she could sit beside him.

Back