• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    "Fickle Pickle!" Pala cried, looking excited, waving her paws in the air happily from her bag. Skye smiled at this and casually slipped his bag off for a moment to carry her in one arm. She squealed and put her cold nose on his neck. "Skye! Play! Apples! Play apple!"

"Luh-hater," he told her gently and she cheered, looking excited. Rama snickered and yelped as she was placed on his back to be carried. "Ah-hall aboard the Ruh-Rama Eh-eh-express!" Skye declared mockingly, causing the Zorua to laugh and run ahead, grinning. He sobered a second, looking thoughtful. "Whuh-who knuh-knows wha-what wih-will happen? I thuh-think it-it-it's a way to shuh-how eh-eh-enemies to steh-hep off. Who knuh-knows? We-he're pruh-hobably tuh-too poor tuh-to knuh-know." He laughed at that, grinning for a reason he barely understood.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Snype smiled at her response. "Guess it's a new experience for both of us eh? We'll just have to adjust and get used to things. Shouldn't be all that hard right?" Snype said, squeezing her hand a little. He rested his head against her's lightly. He wasn't sure of what to say from there... or what to do. He was content for the most part. He looked over to his feet and back into Thyme's eyes. She seemed really relaxed...

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
    Years
  • Selene
    "Ha yeah, well I have a few tricks up my sleeve now too I'll have you know," she grinned evilly with a curved eyebrow, elbowing him lightly before noticing with concern that he had gripped his head briefly with a very pained expression. Wondering if it was yet another mysterious turn related to the strange aggression of the Pokemon around here, she frowned towards Vince. "Are you okay?" she asked briefly before, not wanting to push the issue, she nodded at his words. "Yes! I really need to go and get changed..." she trailed off and turned towards Valorie as though to suggest that she go with her.

But Valorie was talking to Mark...and Selene's mouth closed abruptly, her frown deepening. She felt oddly jealous...was her friend actually more concerned about spending time with Mark than she was with her, Selene? Surely not...she and Valorie got on way better than anyone else in this place, she was certain of that...they had a really special bond...WOAH! Since when was she this clingy towards her best friend?! Shaking her head slightly, she swung a leg over Blu and looked towards the group, keeping Valorie and Mark in the corner of her eye.

"I'm just heading to the dorm...need to get fixed up with stuff...I'll see you guys at the Port at 10 okay," she said briskly, her Altaria unfurling his wide wings and launching into the air towards the Entei dorm. As the wind blew around her, she held on around Blu's neck and frowned, pondering that strange turn of events...it was likely just sleep deprivation from the training on the Icy Plains, she didn't have too great a night's sleep...sliding off Blu as he landed by the dorm.

Opening her door she paused and surveyed her clothes...what kind of field trip would this be? The word 'field' alarmed her...would they actually be outdoors in a field or something? Pursing her lips, she pulled on a pair of shorts and a tank top with a brown loose cardigan over in case it got chilly. She fixed up her hair, ran the straighteners through it briefly before fixing her make-up and leaving the room, locking it up securely.

Selene leapt back on Blu to make her way on to the Port. There was already a decent sized crowd of students, with a few teachers milling around with lists and large bags as though they were finalising some details. The large ship that had brought everyone to the Academy was towering within the Port, gleaming in the bright sunlight and reflecting the Azure waves. Stroking Blu, Selene found the sight comforting as she waited for the rest of the group, forgetting her earlier angsty-moment that Val's Charmeleon would have been proud of back in the day. Out of the corner of her eye, Selene caught sight of the very distinctive figure of Mackenzie, and figured that was one encounter she wasn't really feeling today, so decided to keep herself to herself.

Brogan
    "Oh Father...I just don't understand why I need to travel with these cretinous beings when I can make my own way there much more easily..." Brogan whined into her Xtransciever, thought she was well aware that her flustered-looking Father was paying as much attention to her as she was to the maid who was cleaning around her room - that was, none at all.

"...No, tell them that they need to put the ice sculptures in the freezer and bring them into the ballroom just before the banquet, and not a moment sooner!..." came the frustrated deep voice of her Father as he ducked out of view, before sidling back onto the screen with a sheepish looking smile on his face. "Sorry Cupcake, what were you saying my love?" he asked quickly and Brogan sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose before quickly releasing it lest she should displace her carefully applied make-up.

"It doesn't matter. I'll see you later." And with that short farewell, she hung up angrily, glaring over at the maid who was trying too hard to concentrate on her cleaning. "It better be spotless upon my return or else you can count yourself as unemployed," she warned angrily before snatching up her tote bag and slamming the door behind her, her jewelled stilettos clicking down the hall. Yes she was getting stares, as always, as she walked across the courtyard in her short black denim hotpants and loose white tee, chunky necklaces clinking over the shirt as she walked.

So she had to go with these...fools...to her own home. Ridiculous. She would stick this to her Father on arrival...

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
    Years
  • Vincent:

"Alright see you there!" Vince said happily as he watched Sel fly off on her pokemon. He then turned to Mark as he asked for a ride and Vince was enthused to get back in the air.

"Yeah sure hope on buddy," Xack said. This made Blitz lean down so Mark could hope on so they could get back to the academy.

"Hey Val hope to see you in the sky," He added smiling.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
  • Brian

Bri shrugged, or he would have if he could. Enemies? Who would want to tell enemies to step off by having a school field trip? What an odd thing... Oh well, it wasn't his concern. His concern right now was getting to the docks. He laughed as Rama took off with Pala on his back.

"Whatever happens, will happen. Not much point in worrying about it right now," Bri said sagely. He grinned at Skye. Meh, if Thyme were here she'd have a fit at him saying something like that. He vaguely wondered what she was doing. Probably laying there being bored in the pokemon center.

Thyme

Thyme held Snype's gaze for a moment, then noticed the clock. Reluctantly, she looked at it a little bit more. She struggled to read the numbers.

"Nine... One... Seven.... Hm... Hey, Snype, when did we have to get there? When is the boat leaving? Do you know?" she asked. She knew what the numbers meant, but putting them together the right way was tough for her. Just because she could read didn't mean she could read well... She glanced back up at him, wondering if he'd be surprised she actually could read.

Megaman765

Years
  • Mark
    "Ah, thanks Vince." Mark replied. He hopped back onto Charizard and looke back at Valorie. "I guess we'll meet up around the boat Val! See you there!" Mark said happily.

Snype

Snype looked over to the clock. "I... think we have to go around ten. We got time but if ya wanna head out early then that's fine too if it makes you comfortable." Snype said to her. He gave off his usual large smile afterwards. "Kehe, Hey your not too bad of a reader!" Snype complimented. He still wasn't sure of what else to say from there. He eyed Thyme again. At least she was coming up with stuff to talk about. Maybe it was a good time to head out to the boat... he'd leave that to Thyme though.

Fuyu

Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Skye smiled distantly in agreement and blinked. That dark boy was up ahead, the docks within sight. He was standing off to the side, away from the few other arrivals. His Togetic, which had been wandering around him on padded feet, sqw Skye and flew over. She nudged him toward her trainer. Skye waved Rama over and obeyed, looking curious. Te boy peeked up at them and looked away again, uncomfortable. Skye tilted his head and Pala spoke first.

"hi!" she cheere. "Apples?"

The boy blinked shyly and frowned. "Hi... No..." Pala's words wee obvious ad the cub wasnt downtrodden at all.

Skye smiled at him. "Thuh-Hank you fuh-for Eh-earlier." the boy looked down and nodded at the road.

Meanwhile, the Togetic floated around Bri. "Hi! I'm Chika and my human over there is shy Abd silky! Be nice to him, he breaks easily." her tone was joking and gentle and dust fell from her wings.

Nideous

Years
  • Brian

Bri had been about to say something when Skye sped up his pace and began talking to the guy that had run past them before. He smiled and slowed down a little bit. He had reached the docks. He looked around and saw some wierd guy standing near Mac. She seemed to be ignoring him. Bri was slightly startled by a Togetic buzzing around him.

"Hi Chika! I'm Bri! That's my friend Skye over there talking to your human. I understand. I'll try not to startle him." Bri said to the pokemon with a small smile. He walked over towards the two of them.

"Hello. My name is Brian. I should thank you for saving my buddy Skye. He's always getting himself into trouble," Bri said softly, with a smile on his face. The humor of what he said made him want to laugh, considering he had a knack for getting himself into trouble.

Duster

Duster squeeked angrily at Mark as he sat on her tail. She yanked it out from under him and climbed up to his shoulder, leaving wet little paw prints all up his shirt. She glared angrily at him.

"Watch it! Now I'm going to have to clean my tail all over again thanks to you!" Duster said, her voice more a high-pitched squeek than anything else.

Thyme

Thyme took Snype's hand in hers. She grinned up at Snype.

"Um... Thanks. Not many people know I can read. Heh, I'm ready to leave any time you are," Thyme said. She was torn. On the one hand, she wanted this moment to last as long as she could make it. On the other, despite saying she was plenty strong enough to leave, she knew she would slow Snype down on his way to the docks. But, she also really wanted to leave this place. She wasn't sure what to do. So, she decided to leave it to Snype.

Fuyu

Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Ciel

Ciel was startled. Why were people talking to him? Oh right yesterday. He paused a moment and nodded again at the ground. They didn't seem loud...was it okay? "It was Chika more than me," he uttered softly, fingering the folds of his blue jacket. "I just... Reacted."

"Guh-hood Thuh-thing yuh-ya did," "Skye", must have been him, said. "Brave," the boy added.

Ciel flushed. He was brave? No way. It was reflexive. "thanks..." the boy's stutter forced a slow tone yet an eased drawl."I- I'm ciel," he uttered. Would he have friends now? Maybe. Human friends were new. Maybe he could try it... But it was scary...

Chika fluttered above, making playful faces at Pala, who giggled.

Megaman765

Years
  • Mark

Mark felt something crawl up onto him. He realized he accidentally sat on Duster. Boy was she angry. "Hey Sorry about that Duster. Hehe. Thanks for helping with Val's hat by the way. Good timeing." Mark said happily.

Snype

Snype blushed a moment when Thyme took his other hand but shrugged it off with a smile. He nuzzled her and got up to his feet, slowly pulling her up. "Well, sooner we get there the better eh? I say we pick up a couple berrys along the way. They oughta help get your strength back." Snype said Leaning forward toward her with his large smile.

Nideous

Years
  • Brian

Bri smiled widely at Ciel.

"It's nice to meet you Ciel. It shows the mark of someone really nice when they just react to help someone, even if they don't know that person. At least, that's what Papa always says. So, I'm sure we'll be good friends!" Bri said, still using his indoor voice. He wanted to just give him a great big hug. He was very happy. He loved meeting new people! Especially really nice ones like Ciel! He spotted the boy that had been talking to Mac begin walking towards them.

"Hey, here comes someone else!" Bri pointed out. He gestured with his head toward the tall, pale boy.

Thyme

Thyme let herself get pulled to her feet, although the tugging on her left arm made her whince a little.

"Yeah, that'd be great. Though I don't want to see another Sitrus Berry for as long as I live. They've been giving me Sitrus puree ever since I got here and I'm sick of it. Maybe we'll be able to get some Oran Berries," Thyme said. She licked her lips thinking about biting into a fresh juicy Oran Berry. She noticed Snype leaning towards her and leaned up and kissed him on the cheek without even thinking about it. Then she just kind of froze. Where had that come from? She began blushing very deeply, so much so that she bypassed getting paler and skipped straight to turning red.

"Er... Yeah, so... Um... Yeah, thanks for this. It really means a lot to me," Thyme said. She turned toward the window and took a few steps towards it, her head still in the clouds and she tripped over her own feet. She got to her feet and laughed a little bit before stopping at the window sill. She had a problem. Normally she would simply jump down, but as injured as she was, that wasn't an option. She pondered what to do next.

Quincy (OOC: And here we go. :D)

Quin grow even more frustrated. After his greeting had been ignored he had tried to tell her about the Hand of Dialga. But, she either was ignoring him or couldn't hear him.

"Maybe she's a Zapnak?" Zara said to him. Quin froze. He hadn't thought of that. They couldn't percieve sounds the way he did. He backed away slowly, a terrified expression on his face until he was fifteen feet away from her. That was the range they could detect others. He turned around and began walking away. Zara burst out laughing in his mind

"Whew, that was too close!" Quin said. He had no fear of her overhearing him. He spotted a small group gathered at the other end of the docks. He walked toward them, studying them. One was about his age. This one seemed very withdrawn and shy. Like he was hiding something. The one that was the middle height seemed normal enough, though he had a Cubchoo in his bag. Was he trying to steal it? He wasn't doing a very good job. Maybe he was the Team Rocket recruit Quin had heard rumors of. Well, he wasn't very threatening either way. The third one was far shorted than the other two. He was also on crutches. He was very open, but seemed to be making an effort to keep quiet. Quin immediately didn't trust these three. But, he had to tell them all what was coming! Without even introducing himself he walked up to them.

"Greetings! Have you heard? The Hand of Dialga plans to bring about the Planet Paralysis. They have been searching for the Time Gears, in an attempt to destroy them!" Quin said openly. The more people knew about this secret society the better. The boy on the crutches glanced up up him.

"Um... That's, uh, nice... I'm Bri! Nice to meet you," Bri said. Quin sighed.

"That is not nice! It's anything but nice! Do you know what would happen if the Time Gears are destroyed?" Quin said urgently. Bri simply looked confused, and slightly uncomfortable.

(OOC: Couldn't resist. Sorry. :3)

Fuyu

Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Ciel had managed a smile t Bri, almost. He wasn't good at this interacting thong yet. He almost spoke up before that pale boy came over, babbling about Tome Gears and paralysis. He knew him at once and started shaking. He did not like this guy, no not at all. He made his soul shake, his unconscious sixth sense flare up and screech with disgust. Ciel abruptly moved back, shrinking into himself, trying to avoid notice. Skye saw this and glared at the other boy, moving in front of Bri and Ciel.

"Thuh-hat's Nuh-nice," he stated coolly. "Nuh-how ugh-go ah-ah-away puh-lease. Cuh-Can't yuh-you suh-suh-see yuh-you're such-scaring hih-him?" he glanced at Ciel's trembling form, the male looking about to cry. Rama barked angrily.

"Bad apple!" Pala chanted angrily from her bag. "Bad apple!Bad! Leave!" she puffed out snow, showing fury.

(I knew that would happen XD. Ooh watch out Quin! Skye might attack.)

Megaman765

Years
  • Snype turned red immediately when Thyme kissed his cheek. He was rather frozen himself. After a few seconds he gave off a nervous laugh. "U..um...Heheh... Not a problem... Just looking to make ya happy ya know?" Snype said nervously. He noticed Thyme walking toward the window and tumbling over a bit. He figured she would have trouble jumping down the window.

"Trouble Thyme?" Snype said, looking down at the grass below. He looked at Thyme and back down. He was tempted to just grab onto her and jump down though in her condition, alot of excitement might be a bit much for her. At least till she got an oran berry to energize her a bit. "Here I'll carry ya down. Just hang onto me and I'll jump down alrighty?" Snype said, holding out his hands so he could carry Thyme.

((ooc: Feel free to bunny Snype jumping out the window with Thyme. And feel free to make his landing not as pleasent as Thyme's :p))

Nideous

Years
  • Brian

Brian frowned at the boy when he noticed Ciel backing away from him. Skye's movement to stand protectively in front of him and Ciel did not go unnoticed either.

"He should be scared! If the Time Gears are destroyed, then the world will be plunged into eternal darkness!" the boy said, not noticing that he was now being frowned at by both Bri and Skye. He walked around past Skye and stood in front of Brian.

"Urm... Really buddy. Please go away. You're making us all uncomfortable," Bri said. This was not his strong suit. He was not good with confrontations.

"You have to listen to me! I'm not crazy! I'm telling the truth! We're all going to die!" the boy said. Bri kind of rolled his eyes and took a step back.

"But-" Bri said but he was cut off.

"The Hand of Dialga is going to-" the boy said. This time Bri cut him off. He was getting sick of this.

"We don't care! Alright? Go tell everyone else about the Hand of Dialga!" Bri said. He was sick of this. Then, the boy's expression changed radically. His face went from a slightly worried expression to outright malice. He also began to carry himself more confidently. His eyes shone with a terrifying gleam. This was a different thing entirely. This was a face of evil. He gave a menacing smile. Just looking at those hate filled and mad eyes made Bri almost wet himself. Instead he began to tremble.

Zaraneth

Zara listened to the boy in crutches, Bri as he called himself, and the boy with the Cubchoo try and get Quin to back off. When Bri outright said he didn't care, Zara got ticked.

"Let me take over. I want to shut him up!" Zara said. Abruptly, he was in control.

:Just don't hurt him too much Zara," Quin said in a faint whisper. Quin knew better than to protest when Zara was murderous. Bri tried to back away, but was hampered by his crutches. Zara also noticed a brace on his leg and felt the overwhelming desire to hurt him. To hurt all of them. He shoved Bri in the chest while at the same time kicking him in the leg. Right where the brace was. Bri yelped in pain as he fell, his crutches clattering on the ground.

"You... You... You hit me!" Bri said as he began to cry. Zara smiled and took a few steps back, putting his hand on Arcino's pokeball.

"That's right. What are you going to do about it? Weakling! Coward!" Zara mocked as Bri continued crying, cradling his hurt leg. Zara turned his stare to the other boy that stood as a challenge to him.

"What about you? Are you too scared to do anything?" he drawled out, smiling his wicked and terrifying smile at the boy.

Thyme

Thyme walked over and stepped into Snype's waiting arms. Snype held her close and leapt out the window. The pair of them landed on the ground, though they had accidently twisted in the air so that Thyme was now on top of Snype. She mumbled and apology and and got to her feet, holding out her hand to help him up.

"Thanks for helping me... So, shall we go find those berries?" Thyme asked after a moment. She smiled down at Snype.

(OOC: Quin: harmless whacko that will not shut up about anything. Zara: serial killer. :D)

Megaman765

Years
  • Snype jumped down the window, however his landing wasn't so pleasent as Snype landed on his back with Thyme on top of him. Thyme stood up and offered her hand. Snype smiled and allowed her to help him up. "Yeah I think they got a few bushes around. Let's check around..." Snype said as he looked around. He saw a couple berry bushes in the distance with a few oran berries. must have been popular since there were only a little bit of oran berries. Snype walked over there and picked out a berry. He offered it to Thyme.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Valorie's Post

Valorie stopped, turning to look off after Selene as she flew off. ...She hadn't said bye. She took a moment to consider the implications of that. Perhaps she had just felt in a rush? They had been dawdling a bit after all. She tried not to jump to any conclusions. After all, who was she to do so? She turned back to Mark, who had apparently decided to take Blitz's Charizard back.

"Alright! I'm going to make some quick stops! I'll be there though!"

She took a moment to wave at the two boys before she began returning all her pokemon...except for Charizard. She wanted to see how fast Charizard could fly. If Charizard didn't turn out to be slow, she was going to attempt to visit the TM shop before they had to leave. She had vowed to do it some time ago, but had never had the time.

Valorie began to move around Charizard, who turned her head to follow Valorie. Valorie stopped and patted Charizard's back, and Charizard seemed to get the hint. She had never been Valorie's choice of transport before. She felt oddly accomplished with herself, as if this was some sort of large victory over Dragonair, who had become some sort of childhood rival to her. Had she been a Charmeleon, she probably would've felt the urge to brag and boast arrogantly. Yet, that was not here nor now.

Valorie climbed up onto Charizard's back, trying to find a comfortable place to sit and hang on. It certainly wasn't as comfortable as Dragonair, but oh well. After she settled down on Charizard's back Charizard spread her wings, flapping them once rather testily before picking up rapidity and raising into the sky. Valorie once again found that this was not as comfortable as riding Dragonair. To be fair this was because Dragonair was large, smooth, and her telekinetic method of flying made the trip much more steady. Regardless, Valorie could handle this. This was the quality of flight most pokemon delivered. Not everyone could be as conveniently comfortable as Dragonair.

"Alright. Now let's..."

She pointed off towards the town which housed the TM shop and Charizard took off. At first it was a bit rough, making Valorie feel nauseous, but then as Charizard traveled faster it got smoother. Charizard was quite a bit faster than Dragonair, so much so that the wind buffeting Valorie made it difficult for her to keep her eyes open. She would need goggles sooner or later if she intended to do this often.

It didn't take her long before she reached the TM shop. She stumbled around a bit as she got off Charizard before returning her. After she was sure she was ready to walk around she entered the store calmly. The owner greeted her and asked if he could help her with anything. She showed him her pokeball and asked if he could help her find some TMs for her pokemon. After a brief period where the owner checked her pokemon to find out which they were and ran the names across a database of compatible TMs he pulled up a list on his screen for each pokemon, turning it to her. He was even so kind to offer to help her find whatever she needed once she had decided. Thanking the man gratefully, Valorie began to browse the list, her metaphorical wallet already groaning.

Not all that long later Valorie exited with quite a handful more TMs and a whole lot less money. She got this sinking feeling she'd have to ask her parents for more sooner or later. She felt disappointed with herself. She hadn't really wanted to do that. Regardless, she was not going on this fieldtrip wearing this outfit. It was totally unlike her.

After having exited the store she let Charizard back out and re-boarded, taking off for the school. The TM shop had had a /huge/ inventory she had found. She had honestly been impressed, as it had been many times larger than the one she had visited in Unova. She supposed such a trainer-centric location of the world was bound to have more choices, though. Still, she had been pleasantly surprised with her options.

When she landed right near the school she was greeted by a teacher that had happened to notice her approaching by air. When she approached he calmly asked her if everything was alright to which she replied yes. She had been in a bit of a rush. Yet, they /were/ getting ready to head on a mandatory field trip. This prevented too much suspicion from arising from such rush.

Heading back to her dorm, Valorie encountered some Suicune Dorm students along the way. They seemed to be waiting around, hanging out. One of them motioned to Valorie as she was about to pass and they turned to look. One however called out.

Suicune Dorm Student #1: "Hey! Aren't you Valorie Ryder?"

Valorie came to a stop. Someone she didn't know knew her? Weird. Wasn't like she was famous or anything.

Valorie: "Yeah..?"

She still had time left. Plenty of time to get to the dock in time. The suicune dorm students chuckled. Huh. What was that about?

Suicune Dorm Student #1: "Why do you always hang around the lowerclassmen?"

Valorie blanked. Had that student just mocked her for hanging out with Entei and Raikou dorm students? She became frustrated. What was their problem? As a result, she hesitated to answer. One of the other suicune dorm students piped up.

Suicune Dorm Student #2: "What's up with that?"

Valorie became further frustrated. Why were they pressuring her? She felt uncomfortable. Were they implying that her friends were not good people? She decided to jump to their defense.

Valorie: "They're my friends!"

The suicune dorm student who had spoken up first seemed abruptly dismissive.

Suicune Dorm Student #1: "Seriously? Those losers?"

Valorie found her expression turning angry. Clearly she had run into some elitist cliche group of friends. She felt disrespected, even though they were talking about her friends. Abruptly a third member of the group spoke up. His words seemed to be coated in a layer of empathy.

Suicune Dorm Student #3: "Why don't you come hang out with us instead?"

Valorie's expression turned back to frustration. Part of her was unsure how to react to the offer. She decided to turn and walk away. She didn't want to be around these people any longer. Only, when she started walking the same guy from earlier spoke up again.

Suicune Dorm Student #1: "Oh, really?? You're just going to walk away??"

Valorie stopped. She felt challenged, yet wouldn't turn. He was grating on her nerves.

Suicune Dorm Student #1: "Yeah. I thought maybe you were just stupid, but it turns out you're just a loser like the others. Why are you even in this dorm if you don't have any friends in it?!"

Rage boiled up inside Valorie. Yeah, she knew he was deliberately trying to anger her, but she didn't care. How dare he?! She turned, her face a mixture of barred teeth and a scowl and a pokeball in her hand.

Valorie: "Maybe I should show you why!! You big jerk!"

The suicune dorm students all looked rather taken back. This was the hallway. Battling in the hallway wasn't really allowed. They looked around. No teachers in sight. The place was eerily quiet. Most people had left for the docks or were getting ready. Teachers needed to be prepared in advance, seeing as they needed to be there to make sure the students got there fine. After a moment a the fourth member of the group, and the only female, spoke up.

Suicune Dorm Student #4: "Yeah, show us..."

She had spoken in a low, dangerous tone. The others smirked and advanced on Valorie, pulling out their pokeballs. Valorie's eyes widened. What were they doing? It hadn't occurred to her that they would actually gang up on her.

Suicune Dorm Student #1: "You lose, we take your /jacket/."

Valorie was drawn back into reality by that comment. What a jerk. She threw her pokeball down, releasing Dragonair. The suicune dorm students did the same, their own pokemon coming out. It occured to Valorie that she was horribly outnumbered. She sent Vibrava out. Yet, when she did this the others simply sent out their other pokemon. Suddenly, it was 2 vs approximately 25. Valorie tried not to seem scared, but inside she knew these odds were pretty terrible. She sent out her remaining pokemon. 6 vs 25. Not exactly in her favor. Biggest understatement of the year. They had numbers, but they didn't look weak either. Valorie also couldn't effectively command six pokemon at once. It was too much. The hall was crowded with growling pokemon. Yet the trainers remained silent for several moments, tension in the air. Abruptly a command was issued. Nobody would remember who it was afterwards, only that as soon as it had happened everyone else jumped on the bandwagon and chaos ensued. Attacks flew, pokemon were sent into scorched walls, and when things cleared... Well, Valorie had been overwhelmed. She hadn't really stood a chance, considering she hadn't even had time to use her newly acquired TMs to give her pokemon an edge. It ended with Swinub being kicked across the hall by a Hitmonlee, coincidentally colliding with Valorie's legs and knocking her over. She fell forwards, landing on her hands. Yet... ow! The impact had kind of hurt.

Worse yet, she was out of pokemon to fight. Her team lay beaten around her. She felt like garbage. Only her anger was keeping her from breaking down into tears, though she was by no means far from it. A sudden feeling of angst gripped her as she considered getting up. Why bother? Her feeling of worthlessness was momentarily overwhelming her, though she internally struggled with it valiantly. She had almost forgotten the threat of her opponents during the battle when she noticed one was approaching her. It was the girl. Valorie looked up at her, unable to hide the fact that she had tears in her eyes. The girl refused to meet her gaze, and was soon joined by the first boy from before. Valorie couldn't help but desperately hope for a teacher intervention right then. Yet, a good portion of the teachers had already left. Given, the battle had however been exceptionally loud. Staff had heard them, but they hadn't been conveniently right nearby. Therefore they needed to track down the source. For the moment being, Valorie's hopes would go unanswered.

Suicune Dorm Student #1: "Now..."

The boy knelt down and grabbed at Valorie's satchel, which was rather full of stuff. He had assumed her jacket was in there. Yet, when he grabbed it Valorie promptly got off her hands and attempted to shove him. Yet, he was not particularly weak and resisted the shove.

Valorie: "Back off!"

Shortly after pulling that stunt she felt a rather heavy weight on her back and collapsed onto her stomach. The girl of the group was sitting on her. Perhaps not normally very effective, Valorie was pretty vulnerable as far as physical fighting went. She tried to lift herself up using her arms again, but the girl simply reached out and pushed her head to the floor in response. About that point Valorie just gave up. She was honestly afraid someone was just going to hit her if she kept this up, and it wasn't like she could run. The girl that was holding her down spoke up as the boy from earlier made a second more successful attempt at rummaging through Valorie's bag.

Suicune Dorm Student #4: "The only reason I'm doing this is because /they/ won't."

It seemed to be an inside joke, as one of the boys chuckled briefly, another piping up as if he had been teased, though they didn't seem to take actual offense to it.

Suicune Dorm Student #2: "Oh shut up."

The most obnoxious of the group pulled out Valorie's suicune dorm jacket, smirking and quickly throwing it to one of the others, who stuffed it in their own bag. Valorie heard one of the boys chuckle, though she could no longer see them as her sight was restricted to ground level. Yet, once again the girl spoke up.

Suicune Dorm Student #4: "Can we get out of here? They probably heard us."

As if on cue, an older voice presented itself. It was Pryce, one of the teachers. Keeping in mind that he hadn't been right nearby when he heard, the fact that the battle had honestly taken less than a minute with how much pressure they'd laid down on Valorie, and the fact that he was rather old, it had taken him a bit to respond. Yet, here he was, and there they were, looking incredibly red-handed.

Pryce: "Probably."

The four suicune students just sort of simultaneously turned their heads to stare, all like 'Oh snap!'. They knew they were screwed. The girl atop Valorie promptly removed her hand from Valorie's head, as if that helped her look less guilty at all. Before any of them could respond, Pryce spoke up in a tone that had an impressive amount of authority and strength behind it despite the fact that he was very much an old man.

Pryce: "Get off her, /now/!"

The girl paled a bit, hesitating for a moment before standing back up and brushed herself off. Truth be told, they probably could've overpowered Pryce the same way they did Valorie. Given it would've been a much harder battle. Yet, while they were gigantic jerks, they simply didn't have the gall to attempt such a thing. Not to mention the fact that they stood absolutely no chance of getting away with it.

Valorie looked up at Pryce and he returned the gaze. He could see she had been crying very recently. She did not immediately get up, partially because she felt kind of crushed inside. Pryce however became worried that she might actually be hurt because of this. He pointed to the wall opposite Valorie, turning to the offending students.

Pryce: "...All of you stand over there. Not a word."

The four suicune dorm students shuffled over to line up against the wall, glancing at eachother doubtfully. Meanwhile, Pryce walked on over to Valorie and knelt down. He was in pretty good shape for his age, needless to say. Pryce spoke to Valorie in a more gentle tone, though it was still quite serious.

Pryce: "Are you alright?"

Valorie just sort of nodded. Pryce couldn't help but wonder if she was lying. After all, she hadn't gotten up.

Pryce: "Can you stand?"

Valorie responded by slowly picking herself up. She looked about as emotionally crushed as she felt. She hadn't had time to bottle up her emotions. Pryce was far from oblivious to this. He turned to the four Suicune students.

Pryce: "All of you, my classroom. You're staying back with me from the trip."

Suicune Dorm Student #2: "What?? That's not fair!"

Pryce: "If you think that's bad, just wait until the principal gets time for you. Now go, and don't think I won't report it if I find any of you missing."

The students walked off after a moment, one of the boys grumbling angrily. They were smart enough to know that there only alternative to taking their punishment was to literally go into hiding. That wasn't exactly the easiest to begin with on an island, nor did any one of them want to live the life of a lowly criminal. Therefore, they all did in fact head off to Pryce's classroom. After they had left Pryce turned back to Valorie, who was avoiding eye contact. She still felt like utter garbage.

Valorie: "..."

Pryce: "Are you sure you're alright?"

Valorie nodded. Physically speaking, being sat on had left her with a slightly sore back, but nothing more. Pryce sighed after seeing this.

Pryce: "I'm sorry."

Valorie looked up. The fact he had apologized took her off guard.

Pryce: "These old bones aren't what they used to be. I wish I could've been here sooner."

The two looked into eachother's eyes for a moment before Pryce spoke up again.

Pryce: "Have they done this before..?"

Valorie shook her head. She was honest. Pryce seemed to think for a moment.

Pryce: "Did they hurt you?"

Valorie hesitated this time, lowering her gaze. The question was less vague. She didn't feel like she could pretend to be fine without lying. She was hurt, though she was mostly fine physically After hesitating for a few moments, freezing up like a deer caught in headlights, Pryce sighed.

Pryce: "What they did to you was wrong. I want you to know that you can always come to me, or any other teacher, if you're being bullied."

Abruptly, Valorie was overcome with the urge for a good hug. There was sort of nobody else around, so Pryce found himself the awkward recipient of a hug from a pretty upset student. He was aware of the awkwardness, but having been around for quite a long time he already knew how to handle it appropriately. In this case, that meant patting Valorie on the head and assuring her that everything would be alright. Meanwhile, Valorie silently restrained her upset. She would not cry. For whatever reason she had decided she wanted to hold onto that piece of dignity. After a few moments she would let go.

Pryce: "...Now... do you think you can make it through that trip?"

Pryce was trying to sound optimistic.

Pryce: "If you can't I'm sure we can work something out..."

Sure, the field trip was mandatory, but Valorie was the victim of some pretty harsh treatment. She had, for all intents and purposes, a legit excuse. Just like those that might've been receiving medical treatment at the time. Valorie forced herself to speak up. She honestly didn't want to miss the trip.

Valorie: "...No, I'll be alright..."

Pryce: "Are you sure?"

Valorie nodded to this.

Pryce: "Well... alright. But come see me sometime! I want to know that you're doing alright. Otherwise, you know I'm available if you need someone to talk to."

Valorie blanked a bit at the invitation. Pryce was of course showing her he cared. As far as he knew, she could be suffering from something like depression, where she might desperately need some help getting through it. Given, whether he was wrong was another question.

Valorie had dived into thought. After a few moments Pryce continued.

Pryce: "But right now you're running out of time. Better get down there! You can still make it if you hurry."

Valorie came back to reality. Right. There was a time limit. She bowed her head gratefully to Pryce before turning and running off towards her dorm room, where she would begin getting changed for the trip.

Mackenzie's Post

Meanwhile MacKenzie noticed out of the corner of her eye a head of hair she hadn't seen in a little bit. It was Selene! Seeing an opportunity to do something, well, not as boring as using her tablet, she stopped what she was doing, placing her tablet in her fanny pack and standing up. She then stretched before she approached of her own designation, waving her hand in the air. She might actually seem friendly enough, though what game she was playing was anyone's guess. Selene could of course attempt to avoid her completely, if she wanted to. Though doing this would require her to pretty blatantly ignore the other girl.

"Hey!"

charizardicon.png
    Charizard ♀ Lv. 40 (Dragon Rage, Wing Attack, Flamethrower, Attract, Iron Tail, Headbutt)
    148i.png
    Dragonair ♀ Lv. 45 (Flamethrower, Double Team, Thunder Wave, Twister, Dragon Rage, Dragon Rush)
    vibravaicon.png
    Vibrava ♀ Lv. 41 (Crunch, Dragonbreath, Faint Attack, Facade, Return, Toxic)
    frilish.png
    Frillish ♀ Lv. 28 (Absorb, Bubblebeam, Night Shade, Toxic, Water Pulse, Ominous Wind)
    axewicon.png
    Axew ♀ Lv. 30 (Dragon Claw, Leer, Assurance, Dragon Rage, Return, Dual Chop)
    swinubicon.png
    Swinub ♂ Lv. 21 (Ancient Power, Dig, Powder Snow, Odor Sleuth, Mud-Slap, Mud Bomb)

Last edited:

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
    Years
  • Vincent:

As soon as Mark got onto Blitz's back the Charizard quickly took off into the air. It didn't take long for them to get near the academy but Blitz stopped at the pokemon center for Vince to get his crutches.

"Alright we're here," Xack said as he hopped off his Charizard and onto the ground. It was weird being on crutches for Luna but he'd get over it.

"Mark meet you later at the port alright?" He said as he then slowly started to walk off.

Fuyu

Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Ciel

The boy was dark. Very dark. Ciel shivered, both with fear and anger. YOu did not hit an injured person, especially after forcing your beliefs on them, on babbling and expecting belief. Ciel disliked those people immensely and this guy had just jumped to the top of his hate list. "Don't..." Ciel said quietly, looking up and glaring at Zara. He glanced at Skye an instant, seeing an odd silent expression on his face. There was something dark around him, something he knew only he could see. It felt slightly animalistic. Regardless, he managed to pierce the bloodthirsty eyes with his own. "Don't call him weak for being hurt," he stated. "Beating up an injured person like that... you're the coward! If you can only hit those who are hurt that makes you the weak one!"

Skye

Skye remained quiet as Ciel yelled at Zara. His hands balled into fists. His emotions had moved beyond annoyance, beyond anger or even hatred. He wanted to tear the boy in front of him to pieces. It was an animalistic urge, to attack those who harmed an ally. Skye felt more than heard Rama's snarling growls. He knew the Pokemon looked quite feral. It was the problem with him being a trainer. His emotions directly affected his Pokemon. Right now though, he couldn't care. Bri was already hurt. That guy had made a challenge.

Well, he wanted a fight, Skye would give him one. He chuckled darkly, the sound cold and abnormal. THe boy was looking at that point past anger. "Ahuh-fraid? Of-of you?" he snorted, moved, and punched Zara straight in the throat and stomach. "Yuh-hour seh-sense of huh-humor nuh-needs work." He was nothing to be afraid of. An insane jerk with an ego trip. Wild Pokemon were much more terrifying. He stepped back, holding out a familiar Pokeball.

"Fuh-hight."he ordered coldly, his stance indicating he would very cheerfully rip off the other's head whether he did or not. "Wheh-hen I wuh-win, you suh-say suh-suh-sorry. Or I wih-will eh-enjoy the smeh-hell of ruh-roasting huh-human." He knew the scent pretty well. It was quite disgusting; he couldn't forget the scent of his own human body roasted by lightning. It stuck with you.

(Ooh they're both angry. And Skye is past his human limits of cool.)

Nideous

Years
  • Zaraneth

Zara was not surprised at all when the boy hit him twice. He rolled with the blows, not even feeling them. He grabbed the boy by the throat and began to choke the life out of him after he spoke. Then he noticed the pokeball in his hand and shoved him to the ground. He kicked the boy in the head and tripped the scared boy and danced away from them.

"So, at least one of you has a spine! Arcino! Get ready to battle!" Zara said. He had a look of mad delight on his face. Oh, wow was this ever fun! Quin was screaming at him to stop, but that only made it better! He was going to enjoy this!

"Gro..." Arcino said. He assumed a battle stance. Zara had no idea what he said, but Arcino was always willing to battle for him.

"Send out your first pokemon. I'll try to make this quick!" Zara taunted. Quin finally got together a coherent sentence.

"Zara! Please, stop! You shouldn't hurt these people! They're just kids!" Quin pleaded. Zara laughed at him.

"Shut up Quin! This is fun!" Zara said to his alter ego. Quin moaned.

"Please Zara... Don't hurt them!" Quin begged.

"Oh stop groveling! I'm not going to listen to you! You've kept me bottled up for too long! So shut up and let me enjoy this!" Zara said happily as he wordlessly dared the boy to make a move, because the cripple and the chicken weren't doing anything.

Brian

Bri sat on the ground crying. It wasn't that he was hurt. Sure, his rear hurt from landing on it and his leg was sore, but he was undamaged. But the heavy brace on his leg had served as armor. He was crying because he was terrified. Terrified of this crazy guy who had hit all of them and was now talking to himself like a crazy person. The boy's Grovyle looked at all of them.

"So... Zara's at it again is he? He always knows how to pick the toughest fights... Oh calm yourselves down. At least he hasn't made any of you bleed yet. This time he's unusually tame. I'm Arcino. Whatever you say, I don't care. I'm not worried about your feelings. Just your strength. Let's battle," Arcino said. Bri looked terrified at him, causing him to sigh. Bri continued crying even more. He couldn't help it. He was so scared. And not just scared of Zara and Arcino, but of Skye! He was so angry! It... It scared him. He couldn't help it. He scooted himself away from all of them, causing Zara to laugh.

"Hah! Run little baby! Run home and hide under your bed!" Zara said, still laughing maniacly. He smirked at Skye.

"Wuh-when wi-will you suh-send out your wuh-weak li-li-little pokemon?" he said, deliberately mocking Skye's stutter just to make him even more angry.

"Oh Shut up Quin! I don't care! I'll do as I please!" he said to himself. He shook his head amusedly at something only he knew.

Duster

Duster yelled happily as Blitz flew through the air. When he landed she jumped down and took off toward the docks. She had to find Bri! She wanted to hang out with him now!

Thyme

Thyme gratefully accepted the Oran Berry and bit into it. It was just as good as she had thought it would be. A shadow flew overhead and she grabbed Snype and pulled him into the bushes. She wasn't sure why her first reaction had been to hide, but she was glad she had. Duster jumped off the Charizard that had landed with Mark and... Vinny? Vince? Whatever his name was. Once Duster was out of sight she walked back out from under the bush, taking another bite out of her apple as the boy walked away from Mark and his Charizard.

"Well, Snype, isn't that convinient?" she asked her ghostly companion. She began walking toward Mark, warily watching Blitz. She was still shy around members of the Charmander line. She couldn't help it. Somehow, every one she ran into got mad at her, and she had no idea why.

(OOC: Man, What has Zara gotten himself into? Also, wild fury can not beat cold calculated malice for very long. Becaus eit will run out or be pushed into something dumb. :P)

Megaman765

Years
  • Snype

Snype was pulled into a bush with Thyme, mostly out of a reaction to the huge shadow above them. It was Mark, Vince, and Duster riding a Charizard... Well that was oddly convenient. Snype munched on an Oran berry himself and walked over to Mark with thyme.

Mark

Mark jumped off of Blitz as soon as he landed and waved goodbye to Vince. Then something caught his eye... It was Snype and...Thyme?! What was she doing out of the Pokemon Center?......Snype...

"Snype? Did you sneak Thyme out of the Pokemon Center...?" Mark asked. Snype nodded happily and confidently. He put his arm around Thyme to give off a gesture that Mark would hopefully understand.

"......I see. You want to hang out with Thyme eh? We have this whole field trip thing going on so... you wanna bring her with you eh?" Mark said as he sighed. Bri would kill him if he saw that Thyme was with him... She was supposed to stay at the Pokemon Center...

"...Alright I guess you can both hang out with me. Just try not to get me into to much trouble alright Snype? Don't need a repeat of last night." Mark said with a smirk. He began walking back to his dorm and signaled both Thyme and Snype to follow him to his dorm room to get changed into something else and pick up some supplies.

Back