• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was the most tedious pokemon for you to breed?

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Breeding for Electivire/Magmotor is worse than breeding a pikachu because they both hatch as babies but the former needed to be leveled up to 30 to evolve into their adult stage. Have fun trying to get their egg moves as well.

Years
  • I can easily answer this one, it was a god dang 5 IV Adament, Speed Boost, Torchic. The stupid thing wouldn't give me the attack IV, it was always either a 4, or 5 with sp. atk, and the two times I had the right IVs it was blaze. It's now 2 years later, I don't think I ever got it, I had like 4 boxes on bank filled with them at a time, then 6 or so others with wonder traded junk.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Recently, the most tedious Pokemon for me to breed was Ralts. It took me three days to get a male one in a Friend Ball with the right ability and IV spread. Jolly was set in stone, since I had the parent hold the Everstone, but I had horrible luck for everything else -_-;

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Eevee is def one of them. I spent probably hours trying to breed a female Eevee with the right nature. All the Eeveelutions look feminine to me so I just can't use a male one (weird hang up I know.) Since the percentage of female Eevees are so low it took forever to get one just right.
    even flareon, umbreon, and leafeon all look male to me.
    sylveon on the other hand i doubt even has a gender for
    Spoiler:

reasons

I hated breeding my Squirtle with Aura Sphere and Water Spout

I had to breed a Wailmer with a Octillery to get a male remoriad with water spout
    Then that remoriad with a blastoise to get a female squirtle with water spout
    Then breed that Squirtle with a Clawitzer to get a Squirtle with Water Spout and Aura Sphere

Took a while :x
    i did something similar, but rather then water spout i went with dragon pulse & i specifically went for a HA modest squirtle in a premier ball. my third shiny squirtle got the HA. i traded one of the 2 torrent squirtles off for a shiny honedge & the other is sitting in my bank.
    the real pain was not being able to tell if it was a shiny or not upon hatching.
    i hate that so many shinys look almost exactly the same as the norms. you would think that would get fixed with better graphics....

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • Female HA Relicanth/Snorlax.

12.50% female ratio? Check.
    Hidden Ability? Check.
    Longest egg cycle (40)? Check.

Low female ratio + HA is frustrating enough as it is, but throw in twice as much time to hatch as any normal egg and I am so done. Hatch Power 3 runs out after about two eggs have hatched. I point blank refuse to even attempt a perfect IV spread for them. Eevee is almost as bad - has the second highest egg cycle count (I think it's the only Mon with 35 cycles actually).

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    By far, it has to be my Masuda breed for a shiny Spinarak, due to many parent switches and the fact that I had a pain getting Sticky Web on the Pokemon. I ended up with a perfect shiny Spinarak for Smogon LC. It took a good week.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I was trying for a shiny Hoppip and ended up breeding like a dozen with 6 flawless IVs, and another box and a half full of 5 IVs with the missing appropriate stat... but no shiny. I've had multiple breeding projects where I get shinies within 30 eggs though, so go figure.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • The first one who come in my mind is my Archeops.

I wanted the egg move Head Smash.

The only way o have Head Smash for Archeops is to breed it with another Archeops with the egg move OR with a Corsola with this egg moves. Corsola don't learn the move by level up. It is a egg move too. So I had to catch a Relicanth, at least I had a heart scale for the move head Smash (the only other way is to level up this Pokemon to level 78...).

So I had the Relicanth, breed it with a Corsola who is 75% female and I needed a male), then I have a male Corsola with Head Smash, then breed it with a female Archeops, who is 87.5% male (I needed a female).

But so worth it.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Perfect IV Bold Clefairy...

In 3rd gen, before IVs were easy to get right.

I wanted a Bold Softboiled Moonblast Magic Guard Clefable, and so I had a lot of work cut out for me. First I had to get a bold clefable in my Leafgreen, then I had to trade it to emerald to use the everstone trick. After FINALLY getting a perfect clefairy(or in this case all but Attack), I teach it softboiled and trade it all the way to 6th gen. I level it up enough to learn moonblast, and then evolve it. Luckily it gained Magic Guard upon evolution so I didn't have to use an ability capsule.

In all it took 2 GBAs, a DS Lite, and a 3DS, 5 different games, and lots of free time when I wasn't at work or hanging out with my friends/girlfriend to get it. I don't even know how I managed it.

applemonster

Forum Lurker...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2016
    Mine was a dreamball brave shuckle with ha.
    Put me off breeding for a few months.
    Trying to breed a good female is hard but when all the good ones don't have HA it was a nightmare.
    HA dreamballs are the worst...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Not counting the Incense baby Pokemon my most tedious was today being my Vulpix. I am so ridiculously far behind on my own breeding I was trying to finish up so I could get onto other people's breeding for them so I thought this would be fast as the parents are 5 and 6iv parents, and it had 4 egg moves so I just used Fire stones as soon as it was born so it wouldn't learn any level up moves in daycare and I thought this would be a piece of cake after a batch of two. WRONG! Literally the ENTIRE day was breeding vulpixes all timid, all with moves Hypnosis, hex, heat wave and Extrasensory and almost all with drought but they were all the wrong iv or female (I wanted a male) so batch after batch I just could not get the male with the correct iv spread and it was getting so frustration until the final batch tonight where, in the last batch of 15 eggs, I got THREE perfect (6iv) Timid Vulpix with drought! It was so frustrating, but getting 3 perfect males in the last batch made the entire wasted day almost worthwhile! The first perfect Vulpix is the one I was looking for and the other two I'm saving in unhatched eggs for future trades, but getting every possible combination of IV and gender EXCEPT the one you wanted was infuriating!

Light and Darkness Dragon

Want a Sprite Cranberry? 🎄
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2021
    The biggest breeding headache I ever had was in Gen III. I got trolled really hard. I was exploring the limits of Pokemon Sapphire. I was told if I left Deoxys and Jirachi in the daycare I would eventually get an egg.

^ someone needs to make a tumblr image with that text,

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've come to hate breeding 1/8 female HA special ball Pokemon with the slowest hatch rate (especially with egg moves; I shudder to even consider doing it with hidden power). Recently, I was just trying to get some slow-hatching female, HA, dream ball offspring to hatch, and it took me multiple boxes to get a single one. And that was just setting up the breeding, before I really got into improving the IVs. It didn't sound that bad, but there's something about needing more than one level 3 hatching power for a batch of eggs that drives me nuts.

I also find it exhausting to intentionally hatch shinies, and I haven't really wanted to tackle hidden power too much, either. Pokemon that have to hold special items (e.g., light ball for volt tackle Pichu) sound bad too, as you either lock in the nature or 5 IVs from the parents (and in the case of Pichu, you have to make it happy and evolve it between rounds of replacing the parent).

Mosbyyy

MEGA EVO OP!!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2017
    took me 12 boxes of egg to get this hot grill

Cyndaquil (♀) - Timid - Flash Fire - 31.0.31.30.31.31 - Grass
    got extrasensory too, but I don't think it will help much in competitive
    and I already finished training her. Here, take a look

wZUtOwL.jpg

SolarPhantom

The Fox Overlord
    Years
  • For me it was my the ralts for my Gallade and Gardevoir.
    ORAS felt like it only game me 1 egg for every egg I hatched, so I had to trade my eggs from X and Y cause those games gave me more eggs. Next came the fact of me wanting good IV's and a good nature with a 3IV Ditto.
    Took me over 5 months. I finally happened to hatch them both on the same day only a little while apart. Over 9000 eggs.
    Spoiler:

What annoyed me most is i got a better shiny Ralts for Gardevoir about 2 hours after these two. pretty much the same IVs, lower attack but who cares. but with hidden ability.

Back