• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Mirage Of Tales

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2014
    i might have passed it already but where do i get the fly license, or is it not available to me yet, i just got my surf license

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
    Years
  • i might have passed it already but where do i get the fly license, or is it not available to me yet, i just got my surf license

Before the enterance to verlume villas there is a path to the right. Just follow that path(namely clearwater pond) and you will see the fly registry office.

-this message was brought to you by the pokeministry.

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    -this message was brought to you by the pokeministry.

This message is awesome!

lol well that was a good hint :(

Look around on Bush Trail, you'll come across it! Version 3 will be bringing the fully-evolved form of another starter available for capture soon, trying to make sure all in-game starters are available in some fashion.

Wow, it looks fantastic! I swear if I could figure out how to hack the titlescreen I would so use that design... Either way it's brilliant, thanks so much for making it, can't wait to see more =)

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • Hey Avara!~ Sorry I haven't been online in your thread for now since my phone was formatted -damn you cheap sd card-. Anyways all of my savefile was lost, (I have many, I save everytime I do a decision to know which decision I think is best XD, and also my Glazed save file which has half a box of lvl 100s with correct nature T-T.) I'll start being active once beta 3 is out since I think I've seen everything already...

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2014
    This is a very good hack in my opinion, as I can't stop constantly playing, always wondering what is going to happen next.

Question 1: Did you receive any help with this hack, as in someone worked along with you for the whole thing?

Question 2: Where did you start when it came to ROM Hacking?

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hey Avara!~ Sorry I haven't been online in your thread for now since my phone was formatted -damn you cheap sd card-. Anyways all of my savefile was lost, (I have many, I save everytime I do a decision to know which decision I think is best XD, and also my Glazed save file which has half a box of lvl 100s with correct nature T-T.) I'll start being active once beta 3 is out since I think I've seen everything already...

Aww, that sucks, sorry to hear you lost your files! Hope you're good other than that, no probs =)

This is a very good hack in my opinion, as I can't stop constantly playing, always wondering what is going to happen next.

Question 1: Did you receive any help with this hack, as in someone worked along with you for the whole thing?

Question 2: Where did you start when it came to ROM Hacking?

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I did have help with inserting Pokémon sprites from chrunch and help with tile inserting for the new release from joexv, but other than that everything was me. I started hacking a few weeks before I made this thread and just kind of learned as I went along =)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Avara is it possible to get all the items you need to join the breeding orginization in version 2 or will that be in version 3

Yeah it's possible! Salac Berry is found on Natur Path, I can't remember where I put an Enigma Berry but I know I definitely added one, and Arbok Venom can be bought in Jita Village. =)

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Thanks, I just have to find that pesky enigma berry I guess. Can you Pm me with you email or something so i can help with the game.

I think I put it near Sogen Gardens! Sure, my e-mail is [email protected] =) Sorry I took so long to reply to your PM.

I've been pretty busy working on re-mapping each and every area of the game and inserting new tiles. I'm also working on a website for the game where I can store all of my notes on the mechanics I implemented, as it's way too much to publish on this thread and yet way too unorganized to put in with the release as a text file! =P It'll (hopefully) also contain just small miscellaneous infos like character profiles and city guides. When there's enough organised information there, I will publish the site. If anyone has any questions about Alignments or Careers that you feel haven't been explained, please let me know so I can add the answers to the notes! =)

Years
  • Hey avara I sent you a email of something you might be interested in doing if you could get back to me soon that would be great ! :D

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Cool thanks, I sent you an email, and still that berry illudes me lol. I have checked every bush in the game.

Hey avara I sent you a email of something you might be interested in doing if you could get back to me soon that would be great ! :D

Cool! I got both of you guys' e-mails, I'll reply soon, not home right now, just so you don't think I'm ignoring you =P

Try to send a pm to jan2prado he said he found it.

Yeah he did! I checked all the maps and can confirm there's an Enigma Berry in Sogen Gardens =)

EDIT: Although in fairness, I might have gotten my times confused - if you can't find an Enigma Berry in a bush there, then I guess I must have added that like right after Version 2.1's release lol. I can say for a fact though that you can get an Enigma Berry at the very beginning of the game, if you manage to raise the funds to illegally buy a Pokémon from the criminal outside the Pokémon Lab BEFORE Kiana asks you to go and see him with her. He's only there temporarily.

Love the hack just wondering when beta 3 will be released

Not for a long time, I have lots to do and many new things to add =(

I can also say that sadly I still don't think Version 3 will have important things done like the title screen, world map, intro sprites and custom music. Been trying to learn each of these things over time but it constantly goes wrong and the rom just laughs at me lol, although I want to add lots more content and do loads of testing before I release it.

Back