• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
  • I downloaded Rocket League as the free PS+ game last week but I've yet to actually play it. Might want to get around to doing that this weekend...

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Guess I got lucky with my week off work. I didn't realize that was happening while I was off. I love GDQ.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Gonna repost this because I really want people to get interested and it's far more relevant now than it was when I posted it originally.

Just a reminder that Summer Games Done Quick is starting in a little less than two week today. For those that don't know, SGDQ is one of two Games Done Quick events that run every year non-stop for a week. As the name implies, it's a speedrunning event where select speedrunners play various games consistently to the weeks end. It really is quite interesting and exciting.

Though I would recommend checking out the event even if you aren't into speedrunning, there is another reason I feel the need to promote this. SGDQ's true purpose is that it serves as a donation drive, and this SGDQ has its donations going to Doctors Without Borders, an organization that provides medical aid worldwide, most notably to impoverished country. It's all for a good cause. And if that's not enough, certain donation amounts qualify you for prizes, so you can help out those in need and get rewarded for it.

So just check it out. Whether you're into speedrunning or not, simply by giving to this event you're doing a world of good.

And if that doesn't get you interested, Humble Bundle's running a small-but-quality SGDQ sale, with standout deals including Shovel Knight, Octodad, Bastion, and Freedom Planet. Check it out, it's for a good cause.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    We have our first world record for this marathon!

Also the first one that I saw live in these events lol.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • OMG fianlly a sale on Shovel Knight! It like never goes on sale! I just wish it was more than 33% hnnnng.

I've never watched Games Done Quick really, maybe I'll stop in for it this week. Ghouls N Ghosts is going on right now and it's pretty cool.

pkmin3033

I'm hoping Shovel Knight will go on sale as part of the PSN summer sales, as I want to get it on my Vita. I wasn't particularly interested in it...until I heard the soundtrack. I'm a sucker for 8-bit stuff. xD

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I watched Bioshock Infinite and half of TPS last night. This is pretty awesome, I never really watched speed runs much before. Rayman is on now woot!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Oi, for the interested (which should be everyone, 'cuz it's free stuff), Race the Sun is free on Steam today.

And by free today, I mean it's available to grab right now and keep forever. So those of you with accounts will get a free game, and those of you without accounts will get your first game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/253030/

Now Go, Go, GO!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Alright, so I'm finally gonna buy a Wii U (and Smash Wii U and a Wii U Pro Controller). Thing is, shit's not cheap and I was thinking I could buy a refurbished one to save a few bucks. But should I? I've never bought a refurbished console so idk if it'll be ok or not so....
    There's also the NNID. Since it's used, it could have a pre-exisiting NNID on it, right? and idk if you can delete it and make a new one or what. I don't wanna use someone else's NNID.

Sir Codin

If any of you guys have Dark Souls or Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin on PC, let me know.

I'm thinking of making a "Dark Souls Guild" sort of Steam group, but I'm still undecided on the name.

It's basically where a bunch of players can talk about Dark Souls and perhaps set up co-op meetings in-game.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Alright, so I'm finally gonna buy a Wii U (and Smash Wii U and a Wii U Pro Controller). Thing is, shit's not cheap and I was thinking I could buy a refurbished one to save a few bucks. But should I? I've never bought a refurbished console so idk if it'll be ok or not so....
    There's also the NNID. Since it's used, it could have a pre-exisiting NNID on it, right? and idk if you can delete it and make a new one or what. I don't wanna use someone else's NNID.
    Building on what TF said, unlike the 3DS, you can have multiple NNIDs on a single console. In other words, for you there really are no drawbacks to having other NNIDs on the console, it's more the loss of the previous owner. And assuming you're planning on buying this at a store, I very much doubt they'll mind if they haven't already done something about it (though even after the fact, they might still have the power to do so, so it's fine).

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

This same thing happened at AGDQ lol

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Really? Wow. Wasn't expecting that, I was REALLY on edge for practically the entirety of today seeing it go back and forth as people started having wars of bids consistently in the thousands.

Today's been fun, though...gonna be real sad once Chrono Trigger's over.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Play some Fatal Frame or Silent Hill. Also Fear Effect is fun, but it's more just weird rather than horror plus it's kinda old. I only know old games.

Sir Codin

There are tons of games out there scarier than FNAF....

Also, what a surprise, Mighty No. 9 got delayed again. Seriously, stop crowdfunding this game. It looks like a piece of shit and it's essentially a pre-order anyway and I think everything that needs to be said about pre-ordering is in this clip:

Spoiler:

Sir Codin

Alright, so I'm finally gonna buy a Wii U (and Smash Wii U and a Wii U Pro Controller). Thing is, shit's not cheap and I was thinking I could buy a refurbished one to save a few bucks. But should I? I've never bought a refurbished console so idk if it'll be ok or not so....
    Thing is, where are you getting it from?

I don't know about anywhere else, but Gamestop requires that you reset the console to factory settings and have no linked accounts on it before selling it to them. They also do a fairly good job at refurbishing the console; I bought a used PS2 some years back and it works great.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Thing is, where are you getting it from?

I don't know about anywhere else, but Gamestop requires that you reset the console to factory settings and have no linked accounts on it before selling it to them. They also do a fairly good job at refurbishing the console; I bought a used PS2 some years back and it works great.
    Gamestop is where I ordered it all from.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back