• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Potential New Pokémon To Be Announced? Hoopa, Diancie, Volcanion and more!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2013
    Pictures of three new Pokemon obtained

I'm pretty sure most of you heard this but if not there are now pictures of Hoopa, Volcanion, and Diancie all credit goes to @smealum. You can search the pictures yourself I don't want to spoil it for anyone :p

Last edited:

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    yeah..I seen it..dunno why most people are dissapointed in the designs. I kinda like them..they seem different.

Years
  • I wonder if these Pokemon are going to be added to X and Y... or perhaps event Pokemon? I can't really remember the time they would add Pokemon to Pokemon games that are already out.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    i think they were going to add those eventually + some mega evolutions for more mons on future patch but decided not to leak information yet...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Spoilered the images for now.

It's Finally Hoopaning?!

Surmised Images of Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa

Spoiler:

"Discovery/Image" Source: www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1pn7sm/hoopa_revealed/

"Technical Aspect" Source: And for anyone who wants to know the technical aspect of how these Pokemon were found: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1pn7sm/hoopa_revealed/cd40gl5

I was about to post the same thing. XD I read about the "Serebii removal" on Reddit some weeks ago as well as the recent anomaly with GTS regarding the names of Volcanion, Diancie, and Hoopa. It would be quite interesting if these entities turned out to be genuine Kalos Pokemon.

---------------------

If verified:
    Volcanion looks amazing; the ring thing on its back looks a bit weird/too prominent, but the rest of the design and coloration is just solid. I especially love the shape of its spiky head. ^^ The name is very cool and fun to say aloud, too. Not what I would've expected for a Fire-type/Water-type Pokemon, but if such a type combination turns out to be legitimate, it will be a day for the ages (Fire/Water is probably one of the type combinations that I've been anticipating the most, primarily due to its contrasting and offbeat nature and potential uses. I've been visualizing it as a fire-extinguisher-esque Pokemon or something...) In any case, I'm hoping that Volcanion is a legendary Pokemon; it sucks that it'll likely be an event Pokemon, though... >:( Sheesh. The potential "particle accelerator/Large Hadron Collider" origin for Volcanion seems intriguing, from what I'm reading with Kalos and various energy sources such as geothermal energy, solar power and the like.

Diancie and Hoopa look alright (although, in a generation that introduced the associated-with-pink Fairy type, even if these Pokemon aren't actually of the Fairy type, all the pink is getting a tad annoying when other colors would work better and/or add more variety for the designs, in my opinion). Diancie looks somewhat pretty/elegant (fitting the nice name, IMO), although the pink part probably could've switched colors or could have been comprised of multiple colors... Hoopa looks like an irritating "mischievous trickster"; it looks more like the "Mew-esque" Pokemon of Kalos to me (which would be weird when comparing its design to Mew and all the other "Mew-esque" Pokemon...). These two Pokemon seem likely to be legendaries as well, although I'm kind of on the fence of whether I want Diancie to be legendary or not...

However, I'm constantly wondering where the name "Hoopa" came from, as that is probably ranked among Sawk and Throh as "worst (English) Pokemon name ever", in my opinion. My guess is that it probably incorporates some non-English/foreign word or could've been randomly made up... But it feels like they just added an "A" to the word "Hoop" and called it a day (alternatively, I'm realizing just now that "hoopla" could've been a possible origin); it's funny that Volcanion is the one with the "hoop", though. XD Sigh...at least "Hoopa" lends itself to rhyming a bit with the anime cry of Wooper, as well as 'jokes' like "Hoopaning/happening; Hoopan/happen", as well as th- HOOPLA!

EDIT: On the other hand, it's a shame that these guys might not be Volcanion, Diancie, and Hoopa (it's so weird that I stumbled upon that Reddit thread a mere hour or so before I first sighted the possible discovery of the VDH crew. XD A feral/canine/lupine Volcanion could've been interesting, and that purported statue of "Diancie" looks much better and more befitting of the term "Diancie" than the actual Diancie...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Diancie looks like it has some relation to the anistar city sundial...

I like volcanion somewhat though it looks sort of out of proportion...?

not sure what to think of hoopa....what is it's type supposed to be again? dark/something?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I don't know about these. They look take because the outlands just don't match the rest of the game. It is hard to say though.

But if these are real, I love Diancie.

Years
  • I don't know about these. They look take because the outlands just don't match the rest of the game. It is hard to say though.

But if these are real, I love Diancie.

It looks as though it's been hacked to generate them in the forest at the begining if they are real rather than at wherever they would be encountered normally.

and same, I really want one now :P

Back