• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Potential New Pokémon To Be Announced? Hoopa, Diancie, Volcanion and more!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    I love Diancie.
    But it's weird that the other 2 are on levels 3 and 4 because they look quite Powerful so they could be fake.
    anyway. by the look of the levels and battle background in the Pictures, I'd say they were found in Santalune Forest.

the game was hacked and the guy made them appear.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • The thing that bothers if they are real is that they don't look anything alike. In each game the 3 legendary pokemon had theme. Like in gen 1 they were all birds, and in gen 2 they were all beats, ect, ect. But these three don't do that. It just seems pretty weird to me :/

They aren't a trio from looking at them, most event legendaries usually have no common traits with each other. For instance, Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus.

In my opinion, they don't look like a trio (and I personally don't want them to form a connected "legendary trio", because Diancie and Hoopa clash horribly with Volcanion; they seem more like event stand-alones), but they could each potentially tie in with concepts of some sort. Someone on PokeJungle suggested "Energy, Kalos power plants showing different things (wind turbine, geothermal, biomass) maybe they're found there" as a possible relation... I think an energy-related concept would work well for Volcanion, but not for the other 2 Pokemon..

Well the 3DS has the capability for DLC content not already programmed into the game, unlike past games where serebi could scan the card for ever event pokemon possible, X and Y can add new pokemon (and Mega forms) with updates.

Cept they said they didn't want to do, nor do they intend to make DLC content for X and Y.

These are programmed into the game already so they are just like the Event Legends of past where we'll either have to wait for an item that hasn't been revealed as of yet or a special coded Pokemon to appear to unlock the in game event that reveals these Pokemon.

That kind of depends on one's definition of downloadable content/DLC, whether it includes "stuff that's locked away in game but can't be accessed during normal gameplay" along with "entirely new stuff that wasn't in the game files before"... Arguably, Game Freak has been promoting DLC right out of the gate with XY with that annoying "Blazikenite event-only" promotion... So I'm personally not inclined to take much stock in their currently-quoted view on "DLC", as I think the unavailability of the Blazikenite through normal gameplay essentially contradicts that stance. And even if one does take that stance into account, Game Freak can always change their minds at a later date/in the near future at the flip of a coin.

I'm not sure how Nintendo 3DS games deal with DLC (as in, whether entirely new content not coded in the game at all can be added at a later date); the recent Lumiose City save glitch patch makes me think that it's possible. I'm heavily doubting that new Pokemon species can be introduced into XY (as people with the "entirely new Pokemon not coded in the game beforehand DLC" could cause incompatibilities with the games of people who don't have said DLC at all, unless the games do a "Griseous Orb"-esque thing like Platinum did with Diamond/Pearl where the older game is sent some sort of "patch" or something during wireless communication), unless Game Freak wants to risk incompatibilities. However, I believe that new DLC locations are entirely possible (I'm not sure what the location index numbers for XY have, but if they have an ambiguous "Distant Land" marker for Pokemon, then Pokemon from DLC-only areas can use that 'Distant Land' location in their Pokemon summaries and still be properly traded without causing issues with vanilla/original versions of XY), the same as Pokemon with atypical moves, items or Abilities that have been currently programmed into XY.

----

Also, for anyone wondering, the hacker apparently said that
    Spoiler:
    (Source: https://pokejungle.net/2013/10/31/rumour-legends-leaked-by-hacking/)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That kind of depends on one's definition of downloadable content/DLC, whether it includes "stuff that's locked away in game but can't be accessed during normal gameplay" along with "entirely new stuff that wasn't in the game files before"... Arguably, Game Freak has been promoting DLC right out of the gate with XY with that annoying "Blazikenite event-only" promotion... So I'm personally not inclined to take much stock in their currently-quoted view on "DLC", as I think the unavailability of the Blazikenite through normal gameplay essentially contradicts that stance. And even if one does take that stance into account, Game Freak can always change their minds at a later date/in the near future at the flip of a coin.

All data for DLC is not found in the original game. Its add on content through external sources that are compatible with the game and are read at the same time from the system's harddrive along with the game.

Blazikenite isn't DLC content. Its coded in the game already. Its a download gift that already existed in the game, but there is no in game location where the data will be read to receive the Mega Stone.

There have always been Pokemon and Item that were never found in the games and never have they ever been called or lumped together with DLC. The things we get from TPC and Gamefreak are pre-coded into our games, already exist and are not DLC.

I'm not sure how Nintendo 3DS games deal with DLC (as in, whether entirely new content not coded in the game at all can be added at a later date); the recent Lumiose City save glitch patch makes me think that it's possible. I'm heavily doubting that new Pokemon species can be introduced into XY (as people with the "entirely new Pokemon not coded in the game beforehand DLC" could cause incompatibilities with the games of people who don't have said DLC at all, unless the games do a "Griseous Orb"-esque thing like Platinum did with Diamond/Pearl where the older game is sent some sort of "patch" or something during wireless communication), unless Game Freak wants to risk incompatibilities. However, I believe that new DLC locations are entirely possible (I'm not sure what the location index numbers for XY have, but if they have an ambiguous "Distant Land" marker for Pokemon, then Pokemon from DLC-only areas can use that 'Distant Land' location in their Pokemon summaries and still be properly traded without causing issues with vanilla/original versions of XY), the same as Pokemon with atypical moves, items or Abilities that have been currently programmed into XY.

A Patch is not the samething as DLC and as far as I remember you could not use Sky Shaymin nor Origin Giratina when dealing with the older games. I know mine always reverted when I battled against someone with an older version of the games. Only time I remember there being any difference was with Hypnosis where the leader for the battle would be the one that dictated Hypnosis' Accuracy.

I can't remember if Grisous Orb would work when battling against someone with D/P or if it treated it as if Giratina didn't have an item.

I believe the same thing happens if you try to use the Kyurem forms when going against B/W. I don't remember anything being said about it but they don't exist in B/W's gameplay data at all. I don't think they can be used unless you face off with a person with those games with correct data. And the old games didn't have any Patches for them.

Patches also remotely fix error'd data in a game. They don't add anything new, just fix what's already there.

The three Pokemon we have now are already coded into the game so they exist in X and Y we just have to wait for their Data to be released by TPC.

Them saying they don't want and have no intention of doing DLC is pretty well cemented as a possibility.

Edit: As for how Nintedo does DLC, same as Sony and Microsoft. I have a few WiiU games that do DLC and it adds data that didn't exist in the game before hand into the game. Monster Hunter 3 U gives you new missions and weapons as well as a new Element to play with that would not be in the game if you did not do the DLC.

PMD's dlc isn't in the games either. The DLCs save to the 3DS itself and the game pulls data from the cart and the system at the same time to run DLCs. If you change 3DS' you lose the DLC play-ability for that game.

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • I can't remember if Grisous Orb would work when battling against someone with D/P or if it treated it as if Giratina didn't have an item.

No, if you attached a Griseous orb to Giratina, and then battled someone with D/P, it would look like (To the D/P player) that you had sent out a normal Giratina. The same thing occurred with Shaymin's Sky Form.

Reactions: Sun

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    This was also "leaked" by the same dude.
    Spoiler:

Seems like there is still more stuff than those three.

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • Dat Airplane. Hahaha ugly imo >.<

Found this on pokejungle

vivillon patterns:
    Spoiler:

Weird mega latios looks like mega latias:
    Spoiler:

Black Floette (AZ's Floette):
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Dat Airplane. Hahaha ugly imo >.<

Found this on pokejungle

vivillon patterns:
    Spoiler:

Weird mega latios looks like mega latias:
    Spoiler:

Black Floette (AZ's Floette):
    Spoiler:

The fact that a battle with AZ's Floette is programmed into the game is very interesting... This could tell us that AZ and his Floette may make an appearance in the next game(s) (It was incredibly likely, but still)
    I'm guessing that that is a mega for both Latias and Latios that is the same.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    it could be a pokemon from the newest patch 1.2 or something ? ahh wonders of modern technology and updates :D

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Are you sure that's latias? it's colored blue.

It's purple, or violet.
    Red + blue = their mega evo color.

Anyway, not really surprised by the Eon getting megas, since a friend of mine already told me who are getting their mega evos a few weeks after the mega evolution was first announced. =/

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Are you sure that's latias? it's colored blue.

Dunno. I rather believe that this isn't a mega, rather a newly discovered Latios/Latias-type. Color line up doesn't match (Not that really matters in Mega form), design doesn't fit either Latios or Latias, it is possible if you think about it. We've come across Latios and Latias quite often throughout the games, making a new one could be quite the predictable move, but I doubt it.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Latios is red eyes while latias is yellow eyes. as right it is in the screenies.

Years
  • I'm really hoping that the Latios/Latias mega evos are fake, they look horrible. Though it is exciting that there is still potentially even more megas than the predicted Swampert / Sceptile.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • great, mega evolution is starting to look more like digivolve now. I really wouldn't have made that kind of comparison if it wasn't for the design on Latias/Latios mega evolved form (a friggin plane of all things).

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Latios and Latias were rumored from the start because there names were trademarked again. If these are true, the rest of those trade marked names rumored to get Megas may all be true.

I really do not like Latios or Latias Mega Evo and they were two of my favorite pokemon. Oh well, I never use Legends anyways. I think it is mainly because they look so similar.... but then again.... they already looked similar.

Also, those three pokemon are not the trio. As far as we know, there is no trio in these games. Those pokemon are event pokemon and they never look alike.

Back