• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM-hackers Alpha Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
Hey guys, I just emailed enix-zae, so i'm just waiting for a response to see if he will let us take over chaos black!

fingers crossed! :)

speedo_nh

EDIT: when you say more applicants, does this mean for the group in general or for the chaos black project? Because if you mean in general, i think we should get some more members ,particularly scripters, as we only have two, (but i guess christos counts as four :P).

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
Years
Just to make this clear, i am not wanting anyone to take over my hack, rather i was looking for a new and experienced scripter/hacker to take over the things mewthree did (because he's pretty much given up hacking). If I decide this group is the best for the job (which it is looking like it is), there would be some terms and conditions to the arrangement which we could discuss at a later time.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Ok, thanks for letting us know! Who are the other candidates in the running (or is that confidential ;))

New screenshot from Mine and Keba's new hack, tropical storm:

View attachment 36815
(Courtesy of KebaSun)

The screenshot looks pretty good, but the map looks a bit bare, the sign is too narrow, and it's hard to identify the back of the building, although the palette editing suits the hack to its name.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
And if i were you, speedo_nh, I would try to make the darkest tree pallette colour slightly less "black-ish". And enix-zae, if you need any help only from specific section, just look into the section and feel free to PM any of its members.
EDIT: Speedo_nh made new group. We decided to make a partnership between RHA and LiquidIce. So, how do you like this?

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hi people, how are you all doing? Matt said the group was trying to start a GS Remake, so I just wanted to wish you all good luck on that, and perhaps one day we could have another good remake around town. :D

Well... I hope I'm not outdated... :P

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Oh, sorry, the remake project was cancelled. I will work on a completely new hack (maybe I'll merge NG with it if I lose patience with making two projects :D). And I noticed that no one is replying. Baad for the group. So, I will ask speedo_nh, if he doesn't want to help with something. Don't forget we are partner groups!

Hedgehogger

Years
Well, the partnership idea sounds good to me. More members= more skill= better hacks. I just wanted to say this, but I may need more than one Scripter for Azure Blue. None of the scripts seem to be compiling correctly on my Rom, and Speedonh hasn't responded in a while...

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
I will help you. A hint: Try to uncheck the "Hide the extensions of registered filetypes" or something like that in Folder options dialogue in Windows. Then it should insert scripts normally. It worked for me.

bonaza

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2007
I will help you. A hint: Try to uncheck the "Hide the extensions of registered filetypes" or something like that in Folder options dialogue in Windows. Then it should insert scripts normally. It worked for me.

How do I get there in windows? I have the same problem I'm using ScriptED.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
Hey guys! Sorry for the inactivity, but i have end of year exams coming up, so i have good ole revision to keep me occupied.... with the swimming thrown in there too it results in no time, but i'm back now :)
@Hedgehogger, i have compiled your script sucessfully, however, it seems the flag has already been set....but i will re-check tonight and sort out that issue. Oh, and if you need more help with scripts, you know where i am ;)
@Matt NG thanks for becoming partner group woth LI Inc i hope this will be beneficial to both our groups in the future! ;) I will tell all the LI guys tonight as, once again, i am pushed for time XD

speedo_nh

Hedgehogger

Years
Hey guys! Sorry for the inactivity, but i have end of year exams coming up, so i have good ole revision to keep me occupied.... with the swimming thrown in there too it results in no time, but i'm back now :)
@Hedgehogger, i have compiled your script sucessfully, however, it seems the flag has already been set....but i will re-check tonight and sort out that issue. Oh, and if you need more help with scripts, you know where i am ;)
@Matt NG thanks for becoming partner group woth LI Inc i hope this will be beneficial to both our groups in the future! ;) I will tell all the LI guys tonight as, once again, i am pushed for time XD

speedo_nh

@Matt NG: Awesome! It worked! And, Bonanza, in one of your folders, go to View> Folder Options> View, and un-check the box.

@Speedonh: Now, I have the script working, and this hack will be coming together better than ever!

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
^So, I'm glad that I was able to help you, I had same problem with scripting in the past, and then... YAY! IT WORKS! :D ^

I don't have much time now, and I'll be absent here from May 5 to May 13, so every my work is temporarily on hiatus, and one my decision: NG will be merged with my new hack. It will be better than EVA! ^^

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2008
Thank you, maybe I'll need some hep, but merging willl be a piece of cake :D, just changing the world map to my needs and that's all.

Hedgehogger

Years
After a long while's work on my hack (Beta coming this week!), I made a new trainer type, Street Performers (Like in Colosseum) to put in my game. Here are their OW's:
And, here's the in-game screenshot:

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
look amazing! The only thing is the front OW has the white part directly under its head, so it sort of blends in.....its not that bad but you could either move the white part down, or not listen to me at all :P

BlueSonic

Banned
Years
Well...I guess this is goodbye.

Hi friends. I'm sorry to say that i don't think I can carry on being in this group and continue working on Elements. I don't have the time and i'm starting working in IT, so that's sorta the reason why i can't carry on. I still haven't decided yep so i'll PM Matt on Thursday/Friday if iv'e decided to quit.

Farewell for now...

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
No way! It'll will certainly be a shame to see you go (if there's anything we/i can do to make you stay) but i wish you good luck in whatever you do and it was really awesome having you in the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back