• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM-hackers Alpha Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Yup, it's right. And now, who wants to send a PM Enix-Zae? :D If no one, I'll try to contact him this week.

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
  • Yes, when you click export pallet, the pallet will change to the pallet you used to make your sprite.
    Or alternatively if you have used a pallet already in the game to make your sprite, type in the pallet offset hit selectpal and then click write to rom. (hopefully this makes sense!)

That's weird. I did all that, but it still changes back to the original one.

Nevermind, I just fixed it.

Last edited:

BlueSonic

Banned
    Years
  • Well, Guys this is it. This is the last time I'll be able to post for 2 weeks, since we're going to the US. If my relatives over there have Broadband or Cable, I'll try and post back some time then.

Progress won't be stopped though, I'll be taking my laptop with me, so no progress lost then!

Se la Vie,
    Blade
    See ya in 2 weeks!

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • I have a idea for an G/S/C remake. Hack of pokemon emerald.
    I have started working on it and i can add things that have never been in a advance hack before( i wont telly you how to do that because this is my secret). About the maps Johto maps will be totaly changed like anime style of it. Also there will be nea tiles and paletts too.
    So if any one is interested to help me post here or pm me!

See ya

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
  • KebaSun i will help! I can do sprites and OWs (though not as well as hedgehogger XD)and i could help out with ideas. I can do some scripting, but i wouldn't say i'm advanced in that area....

Hedgehogger i would like to help you too, just read above to see my skills

And does anyone know if anyone has contacted Enix Zae? if no one has i will do it
    c ya

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Great! I will be glad tohelp, too! Congrats, when this hack gets into the screenshot stage, I will add this into the Projects section :)

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Form: Spriting
    Introduction: I would like to be a spriter?
    Proof:
    All the stuff I have done basically:
    Aresues.png
    AresuesBack.png
    Zapdos.png
    Red.png

Red2.png
    HiroGS.png
    HiroC.png
    venusaursprite.png

mewani.png
    lugia2.png
    Blastoise.png
    Sceptile.png

DPEmerladTrainer-1.png
    DPRubyTrainer.png
    Akuzaru.png
    AkuzaruBack.png

celebi.png
    SceptileRevamp-1.png
    Darkrai-1.png
    DarkraiBack-1.png

Dialga-2.png
    Palkia-2.png
    ManaphyCustomSprite-1.png
    Glaceon.png

Gallade.png
    GalladeBack.png
    JirachiDPINDEXED.png
    Muumaji.png

MumajiShinyBack.png
    Aresues-1.png
    Jirachi.png

I the mew is a little short

So can I join, I know you said that it's Christos choice but I don't think he saw the application

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Maybe I should notify him about your application, but I suggest you are temporarily in. I don't like those square-headed people and that bear, but other ones are very well done.

EDIT: So I've decided to put NG on hiatus and start the GSC remake, you will see ;) I'm going to inform you about both hacks development. NG - Pewter city map prototype complete., GSC remake: Main tileset revamping/implementing. It will be a mix of FR/LG and revamped GSC graphics (only GSC trees and headbutt trees.)

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • Nice Nice matt
    i've decidet to make a some kind of G/S/C remake as i said befor
    But whit mixed D/P, Fr/Lg, R/S/E tiles and returning to past (orginal G/S/C tiles) And PokeGear will be back (yes i can do that but i wont tell you how to do that its my secret)
    so who wants to help pm me or contact me via msn

Cya!

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
  • Hey guys! Major news! On behalf of KebaSun i am writing to inform you that his G/S/C will no longer go ahead, for the simple reason that there are too many hacks of its kind around at the present date. HOWEVER!!! KebaSun and I have started our own project pokemon <working title>. It will feature new tiles, pallets etc. and is completely different to any FireRed hack so far!

Here's the story, in bits:
    you start off with a plane crash and land on a new island, the whole story is how you get home. You travel across this new island meeting new pokemon and new people. The island is very primitive and towns and cities become tribal vilages. Gymleaders are replaced with tribe leaders and there is a major twist towards the end. (Only people working on the hack will know what this is ;)) So that's mine and KebaSun's new hack. We really do need some help, with pretty much everything, you can never have too much help. BTW we were thinking of creating some fakemon, only around 20, because of the new island an tropical theme, we would love to know your opinions on fakemon and whether you think this hack would benefit from them. If you want to be part of our team, PM KebaSun or me, talk to us on msn or post here. RHA inc members only and give us an idea of what you want to do (scripting, spriting etc.)

Thanks

Speedo_nh and KebaSun

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
  • Hey guys! Major news! On behalf of KebaSun i am writing to inform you that his G/S/C will no longer go ahead, for the simple reason that there are too many hacks of its kind around at the present date. HOWEVER!!! KebaSun and I have started our own project pokemon <working title>. It will feature new tiles, pallets etc. and is completely different to any FireRed hack so far!

Here's the story, in bits:
    you start off with a plane crash and land on a new island, the whole story is how you get home. You travel across this new island meeting new pokemon and new people. The island is very primitive and towns and cities become tribal vilages. Gymleaders are replaced with tribe leaders and there is a major twist towards the end. (Only people working on the hack will know what this is ;)) So that's mine and KebaSun's new hack. We really do need some help, with pretty much everything, you can never have too much help. BTW we were thinking of creating some fakemon, only around 20, because of the new island an tropical theme, we would love to know your opinions on fakemon and whether you think this hack would benefit from them. If you want to be part of our team, PM KebaSun or me, talk to us on msn or post here. RHA inc members only and give us an idea of what you want to do (scripting, spriting etc.)

Thanks

Speedo_nh and KebaSun

I can't help you with spriting this project, as I have my hands full on my own hack, and doing Team Shade members for Matt. I can give suggestions for Fakemon: Use, mostly Grass, Water, maybe flying types also, since it's a tropical theme. Tiki's anyone? XD

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
  • Tikis? Dude that is a totally awesome idea! We could have a rock grass combination like lileep for the tikis! we could have a toucan based pokemon too! Thanks Hedgehogger! Oh and here's your script hedgehogger:View attachment 36781 just save it as an .rbc file and compile it!

Enjoy!

speedo_nh

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Hedgehogger, I don't need the team Shade members immediately, so you can temprarily stop working on them as NG is on hiatus and sprites are on the last place in the list. And maybe I'll use them in my new hack - my GSC remake was cancelled because there are just too many. And are you sure thajt you want Fakemons? If so, do them really well and don't make them crappy, people. Maybe some rainforest and tropical animals, or the savannah and sea ones like hummingbird (grass starter?) lion (fire one :P) and dolphin (water one? :D)

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
  • Yeah, i was doubtful about having fakemons too, i never really like them, but because of the theme, a tropical island where you expect to find many vibrant species, i thought that a few fakemon would be ok. I like your ideas Matt, and will probably use all of them! Just not for starters (you are going to get your starter in an unusual way, and it's important you know what type they are and are familiar with the pokemon.

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
  • That's a good one Matt, we might just use that ;)
    BTW Has anyone got in touch with enix zae yet? Like i said, if someone would just tell me yes or no, i will contact him....e

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Do it. I hereby as the group leader give you permission :P
    So, we will help one of the best GBA hackers to make his hack more succesful than ever!

EDIT: I want to ask you: Should we accept more applicants or we will go well as we are now?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back