• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What religion do you follow?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
As the title asks, what religion to do you follow?

Were you born into said religion, or did you join through choice?
Perhaps you've converted from one religion to another? If so, why?
How dedicated to your religion are you?
What beliefs do you particularly agree with? What are some you disagree with, if any?

Feel free to answer only one question, two or all of them. Also, please be mindful of others' beliefs; please refrain from flaming others.

Last edited:
Years
Hmm...

I don't really believe in any religion until I see proof that any form of religion exists with my own eyes.
But they do make me follow the christianity one.
Sometimes, I'm forced to pray and I almost feel like enslaved.
I don't fear death, punishment or etc.
Although, there is a part of me that actually believes so I pray without thinking at all, I don't remember that I actually did most of the time.
And thus, my story ends.

Oh that's too much info. xD

in before, BUDDHA LOOKS WEIRD IN MY OPINION.

Years
I don't subscribe to organised religion but I do believe in a higher power (God) - technically though I'm agnostic theist because I acknowledge I could be wrong I just don't believe I am. Basically though, I don't believe God is pulling any strings or making any huge impact on our lives. I think God sewed the seeds that lead to modern life and is watching how things play out, not that I think for a second a lesser being such as ourselves could ever actually comprehend a deity.

I was born into a family that is fairly lax as far as religion goes, lots of us are agnostic in some way, shape or form. Some are more religious, others less. I never had religion forced on me and have been allowed to develop my own beliefs - some of which match other family members, some of which that don't.

I used to consider myself "non-practising Anglican" but that's basically just code for "agnostic theist that wants a more socially-acceptable title".

Since I'm actually not religious I don't know if you would call me dedicated or not, but these days I'm pretty firm in my beliefs so it would be pretty hard to change them if it is possible at all.

I have no problem with a religion so long as it preaches equality, respect and fairness. But most organised religions have caused a lot more harm than good over the years - oppressing people based on their beliefs, race, gender or sexual orientation and starting violent conflicts left right and centre. I don't have anything against the religions themselves though, just the people within that perpetuate such ridiculous things.

.Lacie

Pokémon Overlord!
Years
My family is Roman Catholic but personally I'm agnostic. I believe in the existence of God but I hate being bounded by religion.

Years
I'm agnostic. I am 100% against the Christian God's existence I flat out deny him in all aspects, he is the representation of religious plagiarism.
But I really hate the atheist point of view, like if you believe in a higher power you are wrong. You can't possibly believe anything different and still maintain any shred of dignity according to all those hardcore atheists.

There is also religion in every single culture that has ever existed in humanity there is no way that's a coincidence. For some reason we are hardwired to believe in invisible deities and there is very little evidence to suggest it helped us survive. So I doubt it's just a fluke.

I'm still bound by facts and as much as all of science is just a theory I've been shown over and over again that it makes sense. I just need proof that's all. Until then I don't feel it necessary to interfere with anyone's beliefs and I shouldn't have mine interfered with either.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
Years
I'm a Roman Catholic. I have two uncles that are priests, and very religious grandparents. I had started to doubt my faith around 8th grade, and if I had known what it was, I probably would have considered myself an agnostic. However, something sort of clicked in high school, and when I transferred away from my horrible high school, I really began to believe in my religion. I'm unfortunately slightly hypocritical, as I hardly ever go to church, which I'll try to do once I can drive. I do, however, pray often and consider myself very religious. I follow the rules because I choose to, not simply because they are there, contrary to what others seem to think about religious people. It just makes sense for me.
I am, however, against homophobia, and I know that if God loves everyone, I should to, regardless of how they look or what they are interested in etc.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I'm Catholic, and I was born into a Catholic family.

I'm very dedicated, I don't see myself leaving this religion in the near future. I think I might have turned agnostic for a while, but I'm back to believing in God. However, I do acknowledge that I might be wrong. God mightn't exist. We don't know for sure whether He does or not, but I think he does.

The belief I really believe, which is what makes me Catholic, and the reason why I haven't left this church for another (Anglican or whatever), is the belief that Jesus Christ is present in the Eucharist.

I don't feel bound by any moral rules or anything, in fact, I'm glad I follow most of the ones I do! It just means I'm not doing anything that I'll regret later, which I am so pleased about, because I don't want to live my life full of regrets.

Years
I'm very torn in this matter, actually. I used to go to church all the time with mom, got confirmed, all that, but I just don't feel it.

My mom has taught me wrong things in the name of religion, though, especially when it comes to homosexuals. She says it's "sinful" to be homosexual and I actually believed it until one of my friends went out (I've been friends with him for 9 months up to that point, still am today) and when he said that he felt emotionally drained... I don't get what's so sinful about that? I just don't get it.

On the other hand, I grew up going to church for over 10 years up until about last year so I still have some sentiments about being Christian. I used to get offended when someone said religion is BS, but now that I think about it, for the past 10 years I've never really felt like... being a Christian. I don't ****ing know.

Hmm...

I don't really believe in any religion until I see proof that any form of religion exists with my own eyes.
But they do make me follow the christianity one.
Sometimes, I'm forced to pray and I almost feel like enslaved.
I don't fear death, punishment or etc.
Although, there is a part of me that actually believes so I pray without thinking at all, I don't remember that I actually did most of the time.
And thus, my story ends.

Oh that's too much info. xD

in before, BUDDHA LOOKS WEIRD IN MY OPINION.

Religion itself definitely exists... but whether or not you believe in the principle behind religion is a different story altogether.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I was born and raised Catholic. My parents expect me and my sisters to observe every catholic holiday out there like Holy Week, Lent, and others. I'm not as religious as my parents, and I don't intend to be. I don't go to church as often. Going to Church doesn't help me "clean up after I sinned" or something like that.

I still remain Catholic no matter what, because I was taught that way and these habits stayed with me all my life.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
As I was younger I was born into Christianity or Catholic l, idk which one
But as my life went to crap, I started to stop praying. Stopped going to mass. And eventually led to blaming God, to I loathe God. . . .
In my opinion he is a favoritist arsehole. Anyone around me has had a better life and mine just keeps getting crappier. . . .
He used to be my saviour until he pushed the limit. . . .

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I'm not a follower of any particular religion but I am a believer in Buddhism, and I have a number of spiritual beliefs. I guess that's called an eclectic? I always forget the word for it.

Yukari

Personally, I'm a Christian, I was born into a christian family
and then a backslid but that's a story for another time
I actually have a lot of faith considering that I'm only 14 I've never questioned my belief, and nobody could make me.

As I was younger I was born into Christianity or Catholic l, idk which one
But as my life went to crap, I started to stop praying. Stopped going to mass. And eventually led to blaming God, to I loathe God. . . .
In my opinion he is a favoritist ********. Anyone around me has had a better life and mine just keeps getting crappier. . . .
He used to be my saviour until he pushed the limit. . . .

So you still believe in God but you hate him? He doesn't make your life go downhill, Satan does, he only has as much power as God lets him. I think I should stop now... But God loves you just as much as he does everyone. I should stop before this starts to become a flamewar.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
So you still believe in God but you hate him? He doesn't make your life go downhill, Satan does, he only has as much power as God lets him. I think I should stop now... But God loves you just as much as he does everyone. I should stop before this starts to become a flamewar.
Don't worry friend. Yes. I believe he is there. But then why would Satan choose only me?

Yukari

Don't worry friend. Yes. I believe he is there. But then why would Satan choose only me?

He doesn't, trust me I've gone through Extremely difficult times. There are temptations Taylor made for each of us, Satan only wants you to feel like your alone and that everybody else has it great, but you aren't there are people going through the same troubles as you are.

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
The thing is, me being religious was a fire that died out. . . Nearly all my life I have felt unloved and mistreated as the fire dampened. . .

Yukari

The thing is, me being religious was a fire that died out. . . Nearly all my life I have felt unloved and mistreated as the fire dampened. . .
You aren't unloved God is there and always has been. Read the story of Job in the Bible. Satan attacks you at your lowest point, just like he did Job. Your story sounds a lot like his.

Back