• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What religion do you follow?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I am an apatheist and, while my life philosophy coincides somewhat with that of Siddhartha Gautama, irreligious.
Little more to say than that, I'm afraid.

I just don't think I could stay committed to being happy and such. . . .
Something Christianity doesn't do so well, in my opinion — its adherents seem to fight against doubt and sorrow on-end. Instead, ask: are these things bad? Should they be? Why so? Your life will simply take whatever course it will according to your own temperament. If one treats life with humility and lack haught desire, one will find it easier to appreciate what good does come. Instead of petitioning Yahweh to fix things effectively on your behalf, you can adapt yourself; change is, as living beings, our occupation by nature.

Last edited:

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
This question for me is a little hard to directly answer. In terms of overall beliefs, I fit mostly under an agnostic view, I believe what I can prove or what can be proven to me. I was born into a methodist christian family though, so those views are still ingrained in me to a point. I think the whole ordeal for me is I love maths and sciences, specifically prehistoric sciences, and where I grew up, there were some who felt that what I enjoyed researching and stuff was against their beliefs, and got aggressive about it. As I got older, reading more on other religions, I realized that, in a sense, everybody worships the same thing, the difference is how they worded it. This confused me, as some play themselves out to be bitter enemies to each other. Why would two religious groups who essentially believe the same thing hate each other? That's when I decided to step out of the whole religious scene.

I've taken up the mentality that, until I'm proven wrong otherwise, I don't necessarily believe there is a higher deity. I believe more in willpower and reasoning than I do in a religion, and for the most part, I keep quiet about it unless asked or something like this thread pops up and I feel comfortable enough to express my views. Otherwise, I know people who, just based on how I act, would believe me a christian, because that's how I was raised. I'm also someone of "Don't try to force your beliefs on me, and I won't get defensive about mine".

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I was born and raised Catholic and still am one today. I really can't see myself not believing in God with all the great things I see all around me and it's such a big part of my life I don't want to ditch. I usually go to church and pray when I can. Those things used to happen more often when I was apart of a religious youth group. I'd pray every night and go to Mass every Sunday and some times on weekdays as well. I usually did lots of activities and retreats with said youth group and really had a blast. I miss seeing the friends I made there as much as I used too. I do see them at church still, but the youth group hasn't had as much teens as it did when I went there. I still go to church every Sunday possible though sometimes I miss a week cause either I sleep in or I'm not feeling well enough. Or in the case of last week, the weather is way too bad for me to want to go anywhere. Like it was in the teens and there was like 6 inches to a foot of snow on the ground, there was no way I was going anywhere. But I pray as much as I can still, but usually only every few days or weeks.

Personally though, I can't stand some of the super conservative Catholics/Christians who think gay marriage is completely wrong and that gays are "evil". I'm not gonna rant really long about that, but that's one thing that Church believes in that I can't support. Love is love no matter what gender.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I don't follow any religion. Why? Because I just don't believe in it. Though, I am a baptized Catholic. Anyway, I just don't really care for having a religion. I do believe in god, but I guess you could say I'm agnostic? O_o My parents never went to church. I did take bible study at this church when I lived in Maine. So, to some extent, I was raised as a catholic... but as I got older, my parents just stopped caring about it.

I'd just prefer not to have a religion. I guess because there's such a fight over who believes in what that I'd rather like to not have one. :/

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
My family considers themselves Catholic, but I don't particularly categorize myself into the religion. For a long time now we just stopped being religious and I kind of question it a lot, whether there really is a higher power or not. So I think that'd make me agnostic, not really sure. I find myself leaning towards more of the Buddhist views for a long time now, and even though I don't exactly follow any specific religion, I do agree with and like Buddhism.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
I don't follow any religion. :)
My family I guess all believe in God, but aren't hardcore Christian's or anything.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was raised Baptist, but nowadays, I choose to not align myself with any religion because things are just so messy these days...not to say religion wasn't messy until now, of course haha. Basically, my beliefs are my own. I think there are many beautiful aspects to religion that people seem to forget, though. The bad crops up more than the good, especially when it comes to Christianity. I don't know what kind of church some Christians went to where they were taught all this hatred, but I was taught to love in my church. Where did things go wrong?

Honest

Hi!
Years
Looks like I'm the first person to answer with Islam, interesting. Although that's the religion I was born into following. Do I really follow it? Well, I don't know. I wholly believe in God, and that Muhammad was his last prophet, yadda yadda. But I'm just terrible at being religious. I don't pray, I used to not exercise dietary restrictions till I became vegetarian, and even then drink alcohol, which is 100% against Islam. But I still consider myself Muslim. A pathetic one, at that.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Were you born into said religion, or did you join through choice?

I was forced into Christianity by my family when I was around 10 more or less.

Perhaps you've converted from one religion to another? If so, why?

Let's just say whenever I tried to talk to someone at my church about spiritual matters I ended up getting either the same answers as before or an answer that made basically no sense whatsoever. Basically it felt like all flash and no substance when it came to me trying to find a direction in life back then.

How dedicated to your religion are you?

I'm dedicated as long as I get answers that actually make sense. Give me an answer other than God is great please, thank you.

What beliefs do you particularly agree with? What are some you disagree with, if any?

I agree with honouring thy mother and father but I disagree with killing others as punishment for a sin to name an example.

I used to practice Christianity and Mormonism but nowadays I would consider myself an atheist that's delving into La-Veyan Satanism if anything.

Last edited:

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
I'd been raised a Catholic my entire life, due to my mum's family being Filipino and strictly religious. However, I'd probabnly consider myself an agnostic; don't really think I've reached the age where I can finalise any one belief yet. My parents are okay with this, but I don't think we'll be telling the relatives over in the Philippines any time soon... :P

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I'm an atheist, and have been since I was 11. I actually told my mom I was last year in September and she didn't react well. She stills try to convert me back to being Christian, which sucks, because it's everyday, and pretty annoying. I can't blame her though, she thinks she's doing the best for me, even though she knows I think it's pointless. But yeah, anyways, I don't think there is a god and don't like religion in general.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
I belong to a semi-rare kind of religious people.
Agnostic. Heard of it?
We believe in what has been proven. Does God or some higher power exist? I don't know. Is it possible to change the actual physics of the universe? I don't know. Do you believe in God? If so, then prove to me that he does exist and I'll believe in him. If he does exist, I'll become Christian.

I was raised in a non-religious family, with my mom not associating herself with religion, and my dad calling himself a mix between atheist and agnostic. My grandparents, except for two (I have 6 grandparents, two of which are dead.) are all Christian. The two dead ones are the ones that were Jewish.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
I grew up largely with my grandmother, who was very spiritually Christian, but was not religious over it (didn't seem to go to church at all, and didn't talk to me or anyone in my generation about biblical stories or sending us off for Sunday school or whatever.) My mom is an Agnostic Theist though (she believes in God but does not see the bible necessarily as proof,) and wanted no one in impose any beliefs on me. I believed in a god when I was younger, but from 10-12 I began becoming an atheist. Around 15 or so I became an agnostic until 18 where I now identify as a pantheist. I also have other beliefs in addition to this.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I'm not religious and I'll probably never be. The thing is that it doesn't make sense to me to believe in something that other people come up with (since religions were created by people to understand their surroundings better and not to serve any kind of proof).

That being said I tend to believe more in my own logic, which pretty much just says that at the beginning there were possibilities and that it might be possible that a god exists that could be one of those possibilities (and not "the" one). It's some kind of a mathematical thinking kinda like a set of possibilities that serve as generators which produce smaller generators, which produce smaller generators and so on (which all influence parallel and smaller generators in a way). Some kind of high end mathematics that no human (including me, of course) will ever be able to understand, because he will never have the information he needs.

It took actually years of thinking to find something that made sense for me...

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I am nondenominational spiritual and use philosophy and science as an explanation of things. God exists in my mind but is an energy endowed in the universe. His plan wasn't humanity but rather stars, because they are much larger, more common, more ubiquitous in the universe and produce great light. I think that's incredibly beautiful, that something so complex as earth is the biproduct of such a beautiful process.

but yeah that's just me

Years
I consider myself Christian, but I'm not ultimately too sure, since I don't go to church at all. I am not atheist, that's for sure though.

Back